Enneagram

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Wanderer

Enneagram

Post by Wanderer »

Here is another personality test called the Enneagram.
The Enneagram divides people into 9 personality types.
Which can be further divided into three triads.
Thinking, feeling, and instinctive
or head, heart, and gut.
There is also a subtype to your Enneagram type which is called a wing.
No one has a pure personality type; the wing complements the dominant personality, which might seem contradictory at first, but adds to your overall personality.

I am a type 5 wing 4. It means I am passionate about learning and finding beauty and truth in everything.
It doesn't surprise me that I have an "emotional" wing since I can be histrionic at times.

It is beneficial to know your own personality, as you are not very unique. It is impossible to be totally unique in an increasingly homogenized world with over 7 billion people.
People are, in fact, similar to each other. Learning about various personality types can not only help understand other people, but also help predict people's actions and reactions, allowing you to act accordingly and maintain the most beneficial social relationship with others.
Kitela

Re: You're Not My Type: Myers-Briggs

Post by Kitela »

Wanderer wrote:Here is another personality test called the Enneagram.
The Enneagram divides people into 9 personality types.
Which can be further divided into three triads.
Thinking, feeling, and instinctive
or head, heart, and gut.
There is also a subtype to your Enneagram type which is called a wing.
No one has a pure personality type; the wing complements the dominant personality, which might seem contradictory at first, but adds to your overall personality.

I am a type 5 wing 4. It means I am passionate about learning and finding beauty and truth in everything.
It doesn't surprise me that I have an "emotional" wing since I can be histrionic at times.

It is beneficial to know your own personality, as you are not very unique. It is impossible to be totally unique in an increasingly homogenized world with over 7 billion people.
People are, in fact, similar to each other. Learning about various personality types can not only help understand other people, but also help predict people's actions and reactions, allowing you to act accordingly and maintain the most beneficial social relationship with others.

This is pretty neat. Still not too sure how the grades for the types work separately from the wings
I got type 5 wing 6.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Well, google can help you a lot. :p
http://mindheart.org/junction/oldcj/ep/types/5/56.html type 5 wing 6
The type is your primary personality, the wing acts as a complement. The wing is always one higher or lower than your type.

Type 1 - Reformer
Type 2 - Helper
Type 3 - Achiever
Type 4 - Individualist
Type 5 - Investigator
Type 6 - Loyalist
Type 7 - Enthusiast
Type 8 - Challenger
Type 9 - Peacemaker
Dissension

Re: Enneagram

Post by Dissension »

You are most likely a type 1 or 3.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.
I'm clearly a sociopath. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I am Type 9 The Peacemaker with a wing, I took test 2 cuz erm kewl, apparently I have an, odd, instinct, but I guess it makes sense, I won't say the name, but heres what it says:
Being in a relationship is very important to them. They are the most passionate of the subtypes, being temperamental and having more energy. They have less of a problem with getting into a fight and care less about rules and responsibility.
Sounds like me.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Not as black and white as the Myers Briggs Test. Sounds pretty accurate.
I don't have problems making friends but am always skeptical of people. Except I've never been described as dry or intolerable.
aslo..
5/6 may be more interested in politics than nature, more interested in conspiracy theories than physics theories.
That's not right. It's the other way around for me.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Says I'm most likely a type 9 or 3, with a 3w2.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Everyone is unique, no matter what. If they have similar personality's, they may have different appearances. If not that, then they're born in a different area and have been nurtured differently to others. It is impossible for somebody to be the exact same as you given all the criteria.

Anyway, I'm the same as McFly. Even to the point of 3w2.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Of course no one is exactly the same, people are discriminable. However, people have more similarities with each other than differences. How we look and how we act may be different but they are by no means random. People are similar, that is a fact. Personality tests will usually tell you nothing new about yourself. You already know what kind of a person you are, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to fill the personality test in the first place. The results will help you confirm your personality and give you results to compare with other people. Often times, people with similar personality will act and think similarly. If one were struggling to describe his/her own personality, tests like these could describe what he/she previously thought to have been ineffable. But one must not forget that the enneagram was designed by a human and that it will have some flaws. Models can only approximate reality, it is not absolute. It should only be expected that not every detail about the personality type is accurate to everyone with that type. One must use his/her own intuition and determine whether the description is true or not. Also, you cannot ascertain your personality through one model, that leads to a narrow view. That is why it is helpful to use both the Jung & Myers-Briggs typology as well as the enneagram to gain a comprehensive view of your own personality.

I would also like to mention that you can be a balance of types. In very rare cases, a person can have balanced wings.

You might find this test better: http://enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html

It would be interesting to see which personality types are the most common in this forum. INTJ was the most common for Myers-Briggs.
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

It is worthwhile to point out that different tests will give different results. Even doing the same test on a different day can give you different results, though if you took it multiple times, you'd see a strong pattern.

The latest one Wander linked gave me 5w6 - the Scientist. Not surprising that's my most prevalent trait, seeing how I'm an engineer.

Interesting that the next two were 2w1 and 9w1. Almost the opposite of the cold, calculated scientist.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

You are most likely a type 6 (the Loyalist) with 5 wing.

Read that loyalists are insecure and un-trusting....sounds about right to me.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I am mainly a type 1. With wings I am close to a 1w9. Hooray I scored similar to Diss again!
Dissension wrote:I'm clearly a sociopath. = P
Sociopaths unite!
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the thingy wrote:You are most likely a type 9.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 9w8.
let's see.
according to this I don't think this matches me all that much.

I'l do the other test Wander linked on another day.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.
You are most likely a type 3.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 3w2 or 8w7.
3w2 sounds pretty much 95% accurate. *high fives McFly and Aaron*

8w7 sounds kinda dicey for me. Type 8 sounds too much like someone with an anger management problem and like half of Type 7 doesn't really describe me at all. :V
Wing 3w2 - 15.4
Wing 8w7 - 15.2
Wing 7w8 - 14.9
Wing 2w3 - 14.2
lolwut My first four types are all just reverses of each other! :lol:
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I guess Im a 9w8
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Karl

Post by Karl »

You are most likely a type 2 or 4.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 2w3 or 4w3.
So yeah, I guess I am a weirdo.
I'm a bookworm!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Other interesting information:
Aside from the type and wings, your personality also depends on how healthy you are.
No, I'm serious.

Here are the descriptions for healthy (balanced) and unhealthy (unbalanced) 3w2s.

Healthy:
Further 3/2 integration leads to an astonishing ability to generate enthusiastic optimism and self-confidence in others. Highly evolved 3/2 is usually an expert motivational speaker, and often takes advantage of that skill. The uplifting message is delivered with style and power, zooming right to the heart of the listener, where the magic of positive thinking can begin. These are the teachers who bring us to our feet shouting and jumping for joy, eager to take the reins of our life and charge onward into the future.

Unhealthy:
If 3/2s lose touch still further, eightish anger at the world is the only emotion that is strong enough to penetrate the cotton wall of nineish deadness. In a peculiar, zombielike state, the most horrible atrocities might be committed. Sometimes extremely unbalanced 3/2s are nice-seeming, quiet people who just happen to be mass-murderers or serial rapists. See who brought you to ruin! I am the one.

Level 1 (Healthiest) 3w2:
Self-accepting, inner-directed, and authentic, everything they seem to be. Modest and charitable, self-deprecatory humor and a fullness of heart emerge. Gentle and benevolent.

Level 9 (Damaged beyond repair) 3w2:
Become vindictive, attempting to ruin others' happiness. Relentless, obsessive about destroying whatever reminds them of their own shortcomings and failures. Psychopathic, murder. Generally corresponds to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I would say that I am at somewhere between level 5 and 9.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Type 6 (Loyalist) Wing 5
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wanderer wrote:Other interesting information:
Aside from the type and wings, your personality also depends on how healthy you are.
No, I'm serious.

Here are the descriptions for healthy (balanced) and unhealthy (unbalanced) 3w2s.

Healthy:
Further 3/2 integration leads to an astonishing ability to generate enthusiastic optimism and self-confidence in others. Highly evolved 3/2 is usually an expert motivational speaker, and often takes advantage of that skill. The uplifting message is delivered with style and power, zooming right to the heart of the listener, where the magic of positive thinking can begin. These are the teachers who bring us to our feet shouting and jumping for joy, eager to take the reins of our life and charge onward into the future.

Unhealthy:
If 3/2s lose touch still further, eightish anger at the world is the only emotion that is strong enough to penetrate the cotton wall of nineish deadness. In a peculiar, zombielike state, the most horrible atrocities might be committed. Sometimes extremely unbalanced 3/2s are nice-seeming, quiet people who just happen to be mass-murderers or serial rapists. See who brought you to ruin! I am the one.

Level 1 (Healthiest) 3w2:
Self-accepting, inner-directed, and authentic, everything they seem to be. Modest and charitable, self-deprecatory humor and a fullness of heart emerge. Gentle and benevolent.

Level 9 (Damaged beyond repair) 3w2:
Become vindictive, attempting to ruin others' happiness. Relentless, obsessive about destroying whatever reminds them of their own shortcomings and failures. Psychopathic, murder. Generally corresponds to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I would say that I am at somewhere between level 5 and 9.
Hey, that's really interesting!

I've never even come close to a level 9 before, but I do know that if I'm feeling depressed or ostracized, I do get in one of those moods where I'm just generally angry at the world and I can't really explain why. I can get argumentative, whiny, clingy, and just generally extremely annoying, so I normally take the battery out of my phone (I don't want to take my bad mood out on anyone) and throw myself into a hobby; I play video games or read a book for a while. I can control Type 8 anger a lot better than most though; I have seen first-hand what anger can turn people into, and I swore to myself a long time ago that I'll never become like that.

This could very well explain why my second highest score was a 8w7 or 7w8. I'm not going to lie, I have gone through a lot of negative stuff this summer, and I've been pretty mopey at times.

Then again, this could have nothing to do with my 3w2 personality and more so the fact that I'm just a moody teenager sometimes. Eh. *shrugs*

Normally I'm usually near a Level 1. I'll probably go all the way back to that when school starts back up and I can get myself involved in a lot of life again.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

This test is quite interesting.
Apparently I am an 8w9. I find the anger issues part to not fit me though.
Psychotic 8/9 is the archetypical antisocial personality, totally lacking conscience and compassion.
Not really sure what counts as psychotic but I do feel as I have many sociopathic tendencies without being a psychopath.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I took this test. It seems that I am mostly a Five but I also had a balance between One and Six as my wing.

With the three mixures dominated by Five, it creates a rather accurate picture of me, with some small attributes of one being replaced by an attribute of another.

All in all, I am happy with the result. Anyone have any more personality tests?
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

http://similarminds.com/
This site has a bunch if you're interested. ;)
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Wanderer wrote:http://similarminds.com/
This site has a bunch if you're interested. ;)
Lovely. These will keep me occupied when I get bored. Thank you.