MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Daemon

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by Daemon »

Daemon stared at scene Hateful Shade was showing him in awe. This type of magic is impossible... how powerful is Hateful Shade? He thought, his thoughts tinged with curiosity and fear.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:======== Shade Manor ========
Hateful Shade nodded slowly, "I see... So Princess Celestia did not kill those with the curse, nor did she cure them..." He sighed, weighing the question, "This tale is... perhaps half true. It was in the northern mountains that I endowed my fellow soldiers with carnivorism to continue the war..." he showed his own sharp teeth and gestured to them, "However, this was before she took on the title of Nightmare Moon, and well before the war with Celestia. Here... I will show you..." Hate closed his eyes and lit up his horn, and suddenly, a mountain trail materialized around them. It was well to the north of where Daemon lived, so he may not have recognized it, but over a thousand years before, Hateful Shade had led his section of the army across it.

In front of his group, a much younger, and fully herbivorous Hate walked into view, teeth gritted against the cold wind as he pressed forward, his mind working overdrive to think of some way to compensate for starvation. Behind him followed a ragtag army huddled together in line for warmth, with matching barding that bore the symbols of the Everfree governance. A closer look would show this section of the army nearing an untimely end, as the unicorns and pegasi were near collapse from starvation, and the earth ponies carried a few on their back, looking quite weary themselves...
Daemon wrote:Daemon stared at scene Hateful Shade was showing him in awe. This type of magic is impossible... how powerful is Hateful Shade? He thought, his thoughts tinged with curiosity and fear.
Hateful stared absently at the memory that was playing about in front of them: it had been in his nightmares enough that he was unphased by anything that had happened...

One of the earth ponies who'd been walking his way up the ranks pushed his way forward, walking out of the huddle to meet with the young general, Hateful Shade. He looked like he could've been Daemons ancestor, "Holding up well sir?"
Hate glanced back at him, "Fine, I don't get cold that easy, and that navigation spell is proving useful in these trenches... How are the troops holding up?"
The pony cringed, "Bad, sir. Bad... The wind storm seems to be picking up even more, and if it keeps raining on us like this..." he gestured at the cold mist of water they were starting to get again, letting it speak for him as it chilled even Hate's hot skin.
Hate sighed, glancing back again: he had a bad feeling that most of the army wasn't going to make it through, perhaps not even him. He wished Cloudsdale or Luna were here... Or even Celestia... They always seemed to know what to do, and at least that seeming was a comfort. He was a mere mortal in a war between two sets of gods, and he could only make troop movements and perhaps torch a few griffons in battle... He turned back to Lt Boulder, giving a brief command, "Inform the regiments that we'll be making camp shortly. I want to wait this out..."
Lt Boulder nodded, hurrying back into the warm huddle that the rest of the troops were in...

The present-day Hate sighed in his chair, speaking idly, "You know how many troops died under my command in those mountains? One thousand, four hundred, and seventy six... Out of two thousand, five hundred, and twenty seven... If you ever want, I could tell you their names, though it might take a while... And this is about the part where I lost the last batch..."

As he spoke, his past self had led them into a somewhat sheltered set of passes, giving the group an area to rest in, and hurriedly set up camp. Hate marked a ward on the entrance, then turned to walk back through the ranks, flashing his horn as he gave minor assistance with the tents while he surveyed the troops. A brown pegasus swooped over and landed next to him, walking with him as he began to rattle off some figures, "Sir, one thousand, four hundred, and eighty two remaining. Three hundred and seventy six can no longer walk. "
Hate sighed, nodding, "Very well then, go back to the-"
"GRIFFONS!" one of the troops shouted, pointing upwards.
Hate's eyes shot up in time to see them pouring over the sides of the canyon, "PHALANX!"
All of them dropped whatever they were doing and drew their weapons, rushing back into huddles while the griffins came down on top of the stragglers who weren't yet in a porcupined dome...

The present-day Hate sighed again, leaning forward a bit as he noted how simple it was for the predatory griffons to just keep doing this over and over again...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon growled, staring at the scene with hatred. I'm not just seeing this, it's like I'm feeling it. He thought, feeling fear and rage overwhelm his emotions, and Daemon closed his eyes, trying to blott out the scene. His eys however seemingly couldn't close, and reopened, forcing him to watch the attack.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sunny, Shin, and Penwrite had, naturally, picked a window seat. Penwrite watched the two ponies kiss in the rain, his face expressionless, every sense dulled to the rest of the world around them. The two made a charming couple...

Galaxy sat down at the table, two plates completely loaded with food held by her magic. She placed one in front of Penwrite and smiled at him, not noticing or not addressing the look on his face. "Hey hun, I got you all your favorites. Dig in!"

Then her smile lessened as she looked over at Shin. "By the way, I noticed your... injury. I could help you with it, if you like."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke's eyes dilated, wide open. Hey, soul dude.... I take it back you're pretty awesome His surpised died down as he closed his eyes and kissed back, only for a few moments before breaking it. He looked down at the ground for a moment. "Ya know, thats actually a lot weirder on the other end, but it was nice." He looked at the sky having no idea what in the world to say now. The rain smacked him right in the eye, stinging just a bit. "I think we should go inside. Rain, and all that. Hehehe." What are you feeling nervous for all a sudden, you kissed her last night, of course she'd kiss you back.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy sighed, nodding, "Right, right..." She put a foreleg around his shoulder, hugging him in, "Hey... Thanks for making me feel better..." she nuzzled the side of his face, "I don't know if I'll stop blaming myself anytime soon, but it helps to know you're on my side..." She began to go back inside with him...

======== Shade Manor ========
(( This part is longer than I meant for it to be, mainly because I wanted to write it, but didn't want Daemon to have to sit through too much of it. ))
Daemon wrote:Daemon growled, staring at the scene with hatred. I'm not just seeing this, it's like I'm feeling it. He thought, feeling fear and rage overwhelm his emotions, and Daemon closed his eyes, trying to blott out the scene. His eys however seemingly couldn't close, and reopened, forcing him to watch the attack.
(( Um... if you want... Hate's just making an illusion and letting Daemon see his flashback... ))

(( So, I know Daemon won't mind, but this one gets a tad graphic at some point, simply because there was no way to avoid it. I'm a careful writer, so it doesn't push the rating too far, as far as me and Brent can tell, but I just felt a warning would be good. If the idea of ponies fighting losing battles against griffons bugs you, you should probably skip it. It's also alot longer than I meant for it to be, so I made it an offsite link, just so it doesn't take up space on the page and can be skipped easily. ))

Hate fights a losing battle against griffons, then turns all the soldier-ponies into carnivores, then they eat the griffons. It takes a long time, and is totally crazy.

The vision became wavery and then blacked out, leaving them back in the room. The present day Hate sat still a moment more before opening his eyes, "That was not the last time I did that, but we later found that it was inherited by every foal the soldiers had after returning. We managed to cross the mountains after that with little difficulty, and the rest was simply numbers and tactics." He looked back at Daemon, "So, what are your present thoughts after what I've showed you?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite ignored Navy and Locke when they came back in, simply setting to work on the food Galaxy had gotten him.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Penwrite wrote:Then her smile lessened as she looked over at Shin. "By the way, I noticed your... injury. I could help you with it, if you like."
"How exactly?" Shin asked, curious. a working prosthetic would be cool, but regrowing his own magically would be better.
Moon got back and sat at the opposite side of the table from Galaxy. she started eating her broccoli and rice.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset happily ate her steamed carrots and fried noodles. She let Galaxy have her fun, because she knew it was futile. She also, however did not notice Navy's kiss with Locke, "Hey, Penny? Are you feeling alright?"
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon sighed.

"I finally know why the northern ponies are hated, and why no pony else trusted me. It's like a weight is lifted of my back. But what happened? Did they beat the Griffins in the end? What about Celestia? What did she do to them once she found out?" Daemon asked, curious.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite slowly chewed the bite of steamed broccoli in his mouth, swallowed, and only then looked over at Sunset. Seeing her concerned look, he did his best to smile. "Yeah, I'm...I'm as fine as I can be. Thanks." Another mouthful of soy sauce-drenched fried rice, and then he looked back at her. "How are you? I was hardly conscious when we were leaving the mansion last night, and I wouldn't be able to bare the thought of you getting hurt."

At Shin's response Galaxy leaned back in her seat, smiling. "I have certain...talents. Just trust me on this." Not wanting to say any more for the moment, the gem-eyed pony dug into her food with gusto.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Daemon wrote:Daemon sighed. "I finally know why the northern ponies are hated, and why no pony else trusted me. It's like a weight is lifted of my back. But what happened? Did they beat the Griffins in the end? What about Celestia? What did she do to them once she found out?" Daemon asked, curious.
Hate's eyes narrowed a bit, "Celestia? The hag goddess of the sun? She betrayed us all..." he gritted his teeth, holding up his hooves, "Grr... Thrice I felt she was in my grasp, thrice I nearly struck her down, but each time she managed to allude me..." He sighed, shaking his head, "That's over now though: no pony remembers the revolution, your people were probably exiled to those mountains afterwards, Celestia's cold idea of 'mercy', so that she can prance about and tell us how good she is..." He sighed and shook it off again, "Let us not speak of her, it troubles me. Would you like to see what happened next?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:At Shin's response Galaxy leaned back in her seat, smiling. "I have certain...talents. Just trust me on this." Not wanting to say any more for the moment, the gem-eyed pony dug into her food with gusto.
Shin eyed her suspiciously... then his stomach growled. "Oh yeah, food. We'll talk more later, I'd like to shop around for possibilities."
he went off to fill his plate.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Daemon wrote:Daemon sighed. "I finally know why the northern ponies are hated, and why no pony else trusted me. It's like a weight is lifted of my back. But what happened? Did they beat the Griffins in the end? What about Celestia? What did she do to them once she found out?" Daemon asked, curious.
Hate's eyes narrowed a bit, "Celestia? The hag goddess of the sun? She betrayed us all..." he gritted his teeth, holding up his hooves, "Grr... Thrice I felt she was in my grasp, thrice I nearly struck her down, but each time she managed to allude me..." He sighed, shaking his head, "That's over now though: no pony remembers the revolution, your people were probably exiled to those mountains afterwards, Celestia's cold idea of 'mercy', so that she can prance about and tell us how good she is..." He sighed and shook it off again, "Let us not speak of her, it troubles me. Would you like to see what happened next?"

Daemon nodded, noticing the anger in Hateful Shade's visage. He then sighed.

"I don't need to see the rest. In the end, it still happened. Celestia banished the northern ponies to the north, and only now are we allowed to return. I've always wondered why my kind were different, and now I know. I just wish I could do something for once in my life, to somehow escape my heritage ... you know?" Daemon said bitterly, biting his lip.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate nodded, staring into the fire. "I suppose I might understand: it was not my choice to be in those mountains, but we oft find that fate tends to put us in situations we did not hope for. Though there is much you still don't know about your people, I suppose it is best not to ask for so many answers so soon..." He stared into the fire a moment longer before looking back up at Daemon, "Tell me, do you have lodgings in this township?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite slowly chewed the bite of steamed broccoli in his mouth, swallowed, and only then looked over at Sunset. Seeing her concerned look, he did his best to smile. "Yeah, I'm...I'm as fine as I can be. Thanks." Another mouthful of soy sauce-drenched fried rice, and then he looked back at her. "How are you? I was hardly conscious when we were leaving the mansion last night, and I wouldn't be able to bare the thought of you getting hurt."

At Shin's response Galaxy leaned back in her seat, smiling. "I have certain...talents. Just trust me on this." Not wanting to say any more for the moment, the gem-eyed pony dug into her food with gusto.
Sunset nodded as he spoke, "Aw, don't worry about me, Penny. I was just exhausted after casting that spell. When we got to the hospital, the nurses gave me some juice and let me rest for a minute. I'm fine, all things considered." She said, her smile never waning, "But it's sweet of you to ask." She hugged him.
exranio

Post by exranio »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy sighed, nodding, "Right, right..." She put a foreleg around his shoulder, hugging him in, "Hey... Thanks for making me feel better..." she nuzzled the side of his face, "I don't know if I'll stop blaming myself anytime soon, but it helps to know you're on my side..." She began to go back inside with him...
'

Finally inside for good, Locke's eyes took in the whole glorious spread of food. The wonder smells and look of it all. "Okay I'm going to stack up, like 10 plates! You find a seat, a big one. Tonight we dine in awesomeness!" As soon as he finished his sententence Locke was rushing about the restaurant stacking plate upon plate and food upon food. Rice, wontons, other chinese foods (that I don't know clearly) and pizza, because all you can eat places ALWAYS has pizza. Best free meal ever!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy sighed, checking at the register to make sure they'd been paid for before getting a glass of apple juice, walking over to a table near the rest of the group, and setting herself down,leaning over a little to see what they were up to...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite more than happily returned Sunny's hug, nuzzling her cheek softly.

Galaxy kept eating.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate nodded, staring into the fire. "I suppose I might understand: it was not my choice to be in those mountains, but we oft find that fate tends to put us in situations we did not hope for. Though there is much you still don't know about your people, I suppose it is best not to ask for so many answers so soon..." He stared into the fire a moment longer before looking back up at Daemon, "Tell me, do you have lodgings in this township?"

Daemon shook his head.

"I just entered the town myself... I don't have a place to stay." Daemon explained. He then looked around the inside of the mansion. He then grinned with a smile. He worked out a plan in his head.

"Shade, you are hated. That isn't a pun, but ponies are already afraid of you. If you are going to learn anything, we need to get the ponies in this town to not fear you. If I help you fix up your damaged reputation... do you mind if I stay in this mansion?" Daemon asked with a hopeful grin.

"Though, we would need to fix up this place, in order to make a better impression...and since you have priceless artifacts that many a scholar would want, you could use the bits to repair your mansion!" Daemon explained, a grin on his face. Any nervousness he had was gone, replaced by confidence.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate sighed, "Trouble yourself not over it, I am quite used to the hatred of others. Perhaps, in time, they will learn to accept me, or perhaps they will simply have to live with me as a thorn in their side..." He shrugged, but thought of the words the red pegasus had said before leaving...
"Maybe we could even be friends."
He shook it off, then looked over at Daemon again, "No, I do not need their friendship, or even their acceptance. As for a place to stay, you seem a civil enough companion, I will allow you to stay as my houseguest for as long as you would like. It is quite empty without the servants and guests I am used to it having. Perhaps we may share a few meals... I assume you have some culinary knowledge?" He waved it off for later, "In any case, if you would like to do something for me, I would much appreciate it if a pony I could trust would watch he librarian for me... She is a formidable opponent, but those around her do not recognize the dangers she poses: I cannot confront her in broad daylight..."

He glanced around, "I'm unsure as to what you mean about the manor's state of repair though... Perhaps you need to see it in the light, but I've already repaired it though magical means... I'm not concerned with money at the moment either..."

He went back to the matter at hoof, "I have little more to give you than lodging and companionship, but such is the way of a soldier. Would you be willing to watch the librarian for me?"
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon nodded.

"I'll take it. I'll be your spy Shade. Seriously though, thank you." Daemon said with a smile.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke found Navy at her table, paying the others at the table nearby no mind. He balanced his plates on each wing and on his back. All ten of them stacked ridiculously high with everything he could find. He dropped everything straight on to the table. The food reaching way above both their heads. Locke rubbed his hooves together, smiling with his mouth wide open and his tongue lolling out his mouth. "Well blue, dig in!" Locke opened his mouth as wide as he could and began just throwing food inside.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy smiled and sighed, taking a plate and picking up a pair of chopsticks in her fetlock, eating the food at a much more civil pace...

======== Shade Manor ========
Daemon wrote:Daemon nodded. "I'll take it. I'll be your spy Shade. Seriously though, thank you." Daemon said with a smile.
Hate raised a brow, "'Spy' is... a bit pejorative a word... I would prefer the term 'informant', perhaps 'agent'... In any case, it is one of a few tasks I may ask of you..." He sighed, sliding out of the chair and glancing outside at the lightening lawn in front of the house, "Whatever the case may be, 'tis getting quite late." he walked over to the door, turning to address Daemon, "Shall I show you to a room?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke munched the food stuffed in his mouth. His cheecks puffed out from the huge amount of food he took at once, depsite that he swallowed it pretty quick. " Come on blue. You're never going to each enough like that. With those tiny little chopstick bites. I could eat this entire place before you even finish that plate. Okay try this. Open your mouth real wide, and I'll toss a hoof full right in. Like a game. Full shot gets in your mouth two points! Half of it, 1 point. Come on! It'll be fun, all we've done so far is work!" Locke already had a hoof full in of rice ready and a huge grin on his face. Locke leaned over to get a look at his new acquaintances at the other table. "Hey Pen dude, Gem eye! Me and Blue are gonna play a game, you guys make any bets?.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked at Locke, swallowing a rather large bite that she had managed to pick up, being experienced with chopsticks, "No thanks, I'd rather not go back to a hospital for a colic, and besides," she started picking out another bite, "Eating too fast means it has less time to settle, so you fit less in in the long run..." She munched on more...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[I believe that's my cue...]

Penwrite had been listening in to what Locke was saying, and at the sound of his name looked over. He tried to keep the sneer he wanted to make off his face, though without a mirror at hoof he didn't know how successful he was. "No, Locke, I don't want to make a bet. Let's just eat so we can get down to business." He punctuated this by grabbing and eating a whole egg roll in one bite.

Galaxy slurped up a noodle and looked over as well. "Mmm...nah, I don't gamble. I have the most rotten luck at it. Though...I'd pay 50 bits for a food-covered Navy."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Blue... covered in food..... Locke shook the thoughts out of his head and stuffed the hoofull of food in his own mouth. "You guysth are no fun." He said with his mouth full as he grabbed another ball of food form a different plate. "Andth thwhere's our two hundered? I'mth sithing at a diffrent table arn'th I" Table manners, a skill Locke did not have.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon nodded.

"Yes I would like to check out my new home." Daemon commented.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate raised a brow, "'Check out your new home...'" he repeated in monotone, as if the phrase confused him for a moment. He shrugged, "I... guess this would be an acceptable description..." He turned and continued on, leading Daemon out, "I will show you to your room for now: the rest of the house can wait for the afternoon, when we rise." He continued back to the foyer and up the stairs, stopping to glance at the statue. He turned back to Daemon, gesturing to the statue as he spoke, "My ancestors. You may not be aware of local history, but it was my great great grandfather who lead the first settlers to this land, establishing the village of Grand Castilia as a major trade outpost. He was a noble with little to his name from the Everfree court, but became the lord of a town which has today become a thriving city, due to generations of expert leadership." He gave a nod to the statue, then began to continue up the stairs...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin returned with a couple plates balance in his hooves, each piled high with food, and sat down to eat. He looked at Locke eating and thought How rude.

he then began to use chopsticks to shovel the food into his face.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy considered suggesting that Galaxy was a mare of morally questionable income sources, but opted instead to give her one last chance by ignoring the comment. She glance over at Sunset, "So, Sunset, would you like to come back tot he library with me to do some research? I've got a couple of journals and notebooks I want your opinion on..." She glanced uneasily at Shin as he sat down. She actually knew who he was at this point, having recalled his name and image from a few of the comic books in the foreign culture section, and it made the pit in her stomach even deeper as she looked at him now. She swallowed her bite, set the chopsticks down, and looked at Sunset, trying not to think about it...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite finished his first plate off and stood up to get a second one. "I actually have... something of my own that may prove useful. I'll get it when we're done here." Then he actually left the table to get his second plate.

Galaxy, meanwhile, didn't even pause in scarfing down her food to grab several sapphires from her suitcase and tossing them to Locke. "Those are very special gems. Take care of them." No, she wasn't going to reveal how she could talk so well with a mouth full of food.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke caught the gems in his hooves. He actually stopped eating for a moment just to stare at his new treasure. His eyes where bright and wide, and his smile practically covered his whole snout. "Yes, finally not poor anymore! This should be celebrated.... More food!" Locke went back to tossing food into his mouth until something clicked in his head.

"Wait," he said with his mouth half full "Whvat makessth them specthal?"
Last edited by exranio on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite came back to the table with several bowls of egg drop soup, caught sight of the jewels Locke was holding, and nearly dropped the bowls. "Holy-G-Galaxy! Where in Celestia's name did you get those!? And what are you doing, giving out magic like that to...to ponies like him!?"

Galaxy shrugged and gave Penwrite a rather cattish grin. "I like him. Plus, it'll be fun."
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon followed Hateful Shade, his original fear replaced with calmness.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset chewed her food and sipped on some bubble tea quietly as the others talked. When Galaxy handed out the gems, her eyes lit up, "Ooh, what are those? And why's Penny flipping out like that?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite opened his mouth to answer, but Galaxy beat him to it. "Those are special gemstones, plucked from the crystal tree atop the highest peak of the Crystal Mountains far to the north of here. Legend has it, these are the same kind of gems the original Elements of Harmony were made from."

Penwrite rolled his eyes and sat down with a huff. "True legend or not, they're still too good for a pony like Locke."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke's ears jolted, "Hey! When did I ever say anything about you! Out loudI've been through a lot and I think I deserve something now and again. Being me is work. he folded his hooves, glaring indignantly. Too good for me? Who the hay do you think you are?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm sure Pen just means that they have some cultural significance and shouldn't be used to settle debts with just anypony" Shin said in a n attempt to diffuse the situation.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets