SRP: Terra Ridge OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

SRP: Terra Ridge OOC

Post by Roarin »

(Thank you to Zander and Hyper for all the setup stuff and to the mods that let me...setup)
Prolouge

Are we all set? Yes? Then without further adieu. Ladies and gents, welcome to The Game. Lemme just run through the basic rules...
Please, do we really? Its only been a century since the last one.
I hope itsss not somewhere sssandy again...
Lets go already
Alright alright. I guess we can skip to character selection... Ok so, take your pick, ya got a whole cruise ship to choose from.

So far its been a relaxing cruise. Its your third day out of seven now, traveling around the Gulf of Mexico. On board with you are a whole slew of tourists, a bunch of businessmen, a few pets, and possibly a stowaway or two. Even though it was somewhat crowded it was all in all a great ride. That movie you watched last night in the theater was pretty cool and the food was adequate (hey, you can't complain when its all you can eat, open 24/7). Your sitting or standing somewhere on the deck, playing in the pool, looking out at the sea, or just chilling on a lawn chair under one of those over sized umbrellas. It was basically picture perfect. Well, there was that kid who keeps squirting you with with a water gun every time he passed by but besides that, perfect.

A hour passed and the sky grew darker (which was weird because it was only eleven), Clouds passed over the sun, even the air seemed to get chillier. Drops of rain started pelting the people on deck. Murmurs of annoyance spread through the crowd as some took that as a signal to go back inside. But not you. What's a little rain gonna do to dampen your day? Suddenly the ship started rocking back and forth atop the undulating sea (and that kids is why the railing is there). A high pitch screech came out of one of the speakers near you as it turned on. "Attention passengers. Please stay calm and quickly return to your rooms. We will inform you when the storm has passed." Some of the waves were now sweeping onto the deck. This would be where you run to safety. Despite the captain's insistent message to "Stay calm", not surprisingly, people weren't, pushing past you, trying to get inside. "Again, I repeat, please stay ca-" And that was it. The world seemed to disappear around you. All you remember was feeling something that resembled a hard slap in the face. Except a lot colder...and to your whole body (not just your face). The infinite blackness seemed to swallow you whole as you drifted into nothingness.

Intro

Welcome to Terra Ridge, an old steampunk(ish) themed society inhabited by various animals that resemble the anatomy of those in the HP universe (where you guys came from). For some strange reason it always seems to be dark, a world illuminated by electric lights and torches (yay for watches). If you look up you can see the pitless abyss of black that always hangs above those who reside in this world. Hardened dirt and stone always seem to be under your pads and various towns and places are all strangely connectd by long natural tunnels. Its a moderately cool climate, one of the only indications of time (excluding clocks and watches) was that it got warmer in the morning and progressively colder as the evening swung by.

Gameplay

Win Conditions: Survive Terra Ridge and find a way back to your world

Everyone will have a “Health”, “Hunger”, “Thirst” and “Stamina” meter, the status of these meters will be reflected through a number ranging from 1 to 100 (100 for stamina and health is good, 100 for hunger and thirst is...not so good)

Health Meter - Refers to the wellness of your character. Health is replenished by resting when the Hunger and Thrist meters are not in the Danger level (75-100 = Danger level). It is actively decreased when any other meters enter negative levels, when the character is harmed and various other health detrimental effects such as chills, sickness and poison. When your health reaches 0, you collapse and if not rescued by 2 hours, you lose the game. After being rescued, if care is not given within 2 hours of the rescue, you lose the game. After 6 hours of care, you are restored to 25% health.

Hunger Meter - Refers to the fullness of the character. Hunger is decreased by eating and it increases by time.

Thirst Meter - Refers to the hydration of the character. Hydration is replenished by drinking water, juices, soup and some other forms of liquids. Thrist increases with time.

Stamina Meter - Refers to the available energy of the character. Stamina is replenished by resting when the Hunger and thirst meters are not in the Danger level (75-100) And replenishes slower in the Caution level (50-75). It is actively decreased by performing actions, with the decrease varying with the action performed.

Social Status: Fame and infamy will be scored based on certain actions a player takes. It will begin at neutral 0 and will move up or down from then on. This is how the general public of the game will see the character and will determine events and NPC interactions further in the game

Moving on to Action Modifiers

Most actions performed during the RP are directly influenced by the stat points allocated to their corresponding stats. These actions are rolled with a 20 sided die and the result is added to the success modifier provided by your stat allocation as given by the following table:

|Points | Modifier
|1____|__-8__|
|2____|__-4__|
|3____|__-2__|
|4____|__-1__|
|5____|__±0_ |
|6 -7__|__+1_ |
|8 - 9_ |__+3_ |
|10___|__+5_ |

The total is then compared to the next table denoting the result of your character’s action.

Results:
1 ≥ - Catastrophic Failure
2 - 4 - Complete Failure
5 - 9 - Salvageable Mistake
10 - Nothing Happens
11- 15 - Minimally Successful
16-19 - Expected Result
20 ≤ - Overly Successful

Do note however that there are certain actions that will be fulfilled no matter how unsuccessful the roll is, it’s the overall effect that the “success” denotes. There are also actions that will be impossible to fulfill (trying to fly and such) , the dice roll determining the consequence of the action

Mass Effect
(Wonder where i got that idea from... hmm...)

Over the course of the RP players will be faced with a bunch of choices, some seeming inconsequential, some that are pretty major. But all of those small choices (even ones that seem really meaningless and small, carries some weight in the overall gameplay of this RP.
Err... ok, here's an example. Your trying to get into some kinda building right? But there's a guard in your way (for some reason Skyrim pops into my mind when i think of this). There's an infinite amount of options. Sneaking around him, attacking him, bribe, persuasion. Lets say you attacked him. You won, got the stuff you needed and left. And say you just knocked him out right? If you were to go back to that place you'd find it more guarded, people around the vicinity will talk about it for a few days and if the guy catches your face you might see it plastered on a wanted posterboard( etc etc etc).
Each choice a player makes in the game will have ripple effects. So yeah...Careful wat yeh do( and hopefully i can keep up with all this stuff...)

Inventory

Characters will be able to carry 3 items on their person and an additional item per hand while certain “container items” like backpacks would increase the player’s total carrying capacity. The clothes currently worn by the character does not count towards the inventory.
Having an item “on hand” penalizes the character on reflex checks that involves the use of the hands although he/she may choose to drop the item in the course of the action, the dropped item may suffer consequences that result from it being dropped.
Passing items from one character to another involves offering the item to the other character. The recipient must then accept the item in his/her post before the item is legally passed.
Weight of items will also be a factor, decreasing the players stats and increasing stamina depletion

Posting Rules and In-Game Time

With the above said (Action Modifiers), please leave your posts open ended in events where an action (such as moving a rock, checking under a rock, catching a flying rock) is performed such as with the following example.
Wondering what it was headed his way, the plusvier opened its maw and readied to chomp.
A post of at least once a day is requested but not required. However, if you fall behind in posting, time will continue to run its course and being absent from the RP for a long period of time will cause your character to be at a disadvantage. Take note that time will run by how time is spent and not by the number of posts. Conversations will take very little time while traveling would eat up time very quickly.

While there is no post rotation, not posting for 72 hours while it's your turn would put you in an "inactive" status.
The player is them regarded as missing and may be replaced by another player who is willing to control the character.

Rests will always take up one (1) hour and groupings will be split if a member does not agree to resting when another member proposes it.

In-game Daytime is 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM.

NPCs

There will be a number of NPCs that players can interact with. All will be controlled by me. NPCs won't have visible meters but each will have unique personalities and histories. As time moves along and based on players progress through the game, NPCs locations will change throughout the day. (If the NPCs is not affected by an event his/her scheduled locations will not change. For example if he/she is outside a house at 3:00 P.M. and at a tavern at 6;00, they will keep within their routine until something changes it.) Progress in the story can determine the viewpoint of certain NPCs towards a character.

And Finally! Character Creation

Its highly advised that your party be as diverse as possible (it would make for the most success in the game) so if say someone has lots o strength, itd be best to stray from that...

Name: <Your character’s name>
Species: <Your character’s species, this will slightly affect the RP>
Specialization: <Your character’s specialized field of interest,if any (can range from medicine to cooking and anything in between)>
Appearance: <What does your character look like? This includes your starting clothes. Pics are acceptable too>
Personality: <Your character's general view towards life, likes dislikes, the usual attitude stuff>
History/Background <Your character's past and any notable info of the character's background>
Strengths and Weaknesses <Stuff your character is good at handling (fishing, speaking, etc etc) and stuff your character does not handle well (spiders, water, lifting heavy objects)>
Morality(moar ME stuff): <Paragon, Neutral, Renegade. Just to get an idea of where you stand. Their not meant to be extremes. Renegade would just mean your more prone to be alittle more rebellious or somewhat self centered. In the end,interpretation is all up to you
Color <All that cool dialogue stuff>
The SPECIAL system would be used in this SRP and players are given 42 points in making their characters. The minimum allocation for a stat is 1 and the maximum is 10 with 5 being the “average” character capability. Allocations for the Endurance stats that exceed 6 points will consume 2 points instead of one.

A shallow explanation for the stats
Strength - Determines the capability of the character in performing physical tasks. Strength affects the checks on physical tasks.
Perception - Determines the prowess of the character in observation. Perception affects the checks on search or detection.
Endurance - Determines the fitness of the character. Capacities of Health, Hunger, Hydration and Energy meters are affected by this stat.
Charisma - Determines the charm of the character. The charisma stat would determine the results of interactions with NPCs.
Intelligence - Determines the cunning of the character. Depending on the allocation to this stat, certain inventions/innovations would be available, and crafting an object that would require intelligences higher than you possess would result in the creation being defective.
Agility - Determines the quickness of the character. Agility affects the checks that involves reflexes.
Luck - Determines how lucky the character is. Has various effects throughout the course of the RP

Events

Various events will occur over the RP, some directed at every character. Some directed at individuals. Most will be determined by dice roll
Flynn: 1-4
Callahan: 5-8
Stevens: 9-12
Jones: 13-16
Scratch: 17-20

Character Stats

Flynn Fram
Current Stats wrote:Health - 100
Hunger - 10
Thirst - 0
Stamina - 92
Fame - 0

Items using/wearing:
- Grey fedora
- Red collar w/ diamond tag

Inventory:
- Lucky Coin
- Pack of toothpicks (30)
- Wad of cash ($20)
- Small leather pouch (carries 3)
--- $40
--- 34 copper
--- 5 silver (quest item)
Mitchel “Scraps” Callahan
Current Stats wrote:Health - 90
Hunger - 10
Thirst - 10
Stamina - 90
Fame - 0

Items using/wearing:
- Hoodie
- Black Collar
- Iron Armor

Inventory:
- Gray Wool Gloves
- Black/White Checkered Bandana
- Iron helm (???)
- Zap Stick
Ian Stevens
Hunger - 10
Thirst - 10
Stamina - 95
Fame - 0

Items using/wearing:
- Red Collar
- Blue Bandana w/ Star logo
- Keepsake crystal

Inventory:
- Pack of Gum (2)
- Compact Mirror
- Matches (4)
- Apples (2)
Harrison Jones
Hunger - 0
Thirst - 5
Stamina - 97
Fame - 0

Items using/wearing:
- Wide brimmed fedora
- Leather Jacket

Inventory:
- Whip
- Gray metal canteen 500ml
Scratch
Hunger - 0
Thirst - 5
Stamina - 97
Fame - 0

Items using/wearing:
- Heavy Duty Collar
- Scratch's Jacket
- Fingerless Gloves

Inventory:
- Wallet (contains $100, ID, reminders and a picture of Carl)
- Lockpicking metals
- Notebook
- Small pencil
- Apples (4)
- Blue Crystal
Samaki Halden
Current Stats wrote:Health - 50
Hunger - 10
Thirst - 10
Stamina - 70
Fame - 0
Loyalty - 0
NPC List

The Players:
Anubis - Black Jackal
Coyote
Quetzalcoatl
??? - Ian's Player
??? - Scraps' Player
??? - German Shepherd - Flynn's Player

Cotopaxi:
Ash
Artemis Seul
Donny
Ghyl
Remus Tiber
Romulus Tiber
Shahra

The Beach:
??? - female - seen at beach, carries a musket
??? - male - seen at beach, goes there every week

Others:
??? - Turkish Angora - spoke to Scraps on the 1st night

Map

Cotopaxi:

Outside Cotopaxi (North Exit):

Other Notes

So, yeah... What else...

The player cap on his here SRP is gonna be 6 as the max and we need at least five to start

Note that there will be moderate violence and possible deaths but descriptions and graphics will be kept under the PG-13 rating

Questions, Comments, Concern, Clarifications or Typos? Please post or PM and I will try to clear things up.

So thats it...basically. If your interested, reserve a spot and if I get enough people I can get this SRP up and running. Thanks :D

Reserved Spots so far:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
Seth
The Moon Howler
WolvenPaw15
RacoonRockstar
Tha Housefox

Max of 0 spot(s)left.
Last edited by Roarin on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 26 times in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

first of all
Roarin wrote:Over the course of the RP players will be faced with a bunch of choices, some seeming obsolete, some that are pretty major.
I think you're using "obsolete" to mean "inconsequential"

obsolete-No longer produced or used; out of date.

inconsequential- Not important or significant.

second, what exactly is meant by occupation? In most RP's here, the animals are pets and so they don't have a job. is it different here?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

whoops, yes, that's what i meant. I'll fix that right away by using that word.

And the other thing...hmm... I was going for specialization, kinda like a field or activity their good in. I should probably fix that too... The plan is characters start out in the HP universe and shift to another (something along those lines...). Thanks :D

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, I'll get to work on a character.
hopefully 4 others are interested.

alright then. Let's see how many clichés I can use. this guy's a real jerk.

Name: Flynn Fram
Species: cat
Specialization: persuasion. he can use his charisma to bring people to help him in almost any endeavor.

appearance: His fur is black with white fur in the shape of a V from his shoulders until about half way down his chest. his eyes are blue. He's fairly small. He likes to wear a grey fedora like the old time mobsters. he also has a red collar with a tag shaped like a diamond. He often puts on a large smile like Max's and he can usually be seen chewing a toothpick.

Personality: His personality is that of an old time scam artist- fast talking and complimentary. He knows just what to say to get someone on his side, and uses this skill without prejudice. If he's talking to you, chances are you have something he wants. If you're a female and he's talking to you, chances are you are something he wants. He's a real jerk, but most people don't realize this until he gets what he wants.

History/background: His first owner was a small time scam artist in the streets of the city, and Flynn learned the tricks of the trade. Eventually, he was on his own in the streets when his owner got arrested. He used his skills to avoid getting thrown in the pound for about a year before he got caught. He then used his skills to get into the home of the first well-off looking family that came in looking for a pet. Since then, he's been living on easy street with Mr. and Mrs. Fram.

Morality: renegade. He only cares about others when it's convenient to him.

S-5
P-6
E-5
C-10
I-5
A-5
L-6

color: #0080FF
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sounds like City of Ember. Can't play myself, but it'll be an interesting read...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Cool, charisma character. One down, four to (hopefully) go. Consider yer cat approved. He'll make for some interesting dialogue. For some reason I can easily picture your character playing the part of Sky in Peanut's version of Guys and Dolls in place of Max.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sounds cool, I'd like a spot.
Assuming that's ok I'll post a character before the weekend is over.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Great! Lookin forward ta seeing what you come up with. Two down. Three to go (or four).

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

just realized I should have made Flynn a ferret. then he would be both figuratively and literally a weasel.
(kidding, I see him as a cat better)

also, little factoid: his coloring and collar make him look like he's wearing a black suit with a red tie.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Can a spot be found for this wayward soul?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Yep. Spot found and reserved. Just post yer character to be approved. K, that's three. To ta go (or 3)

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I'm toying with the idea of throwing Scratch (from EC) in, but I'm not sure I want to join another RP right now...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Always have the choice of reserving a spot just in case.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Might I join in?

Name: Ian Stevens

Species: Dog (Malamute)

Specialization: Acrobatics. He can traverse great heights and balance on narrow ledges

Appearance: Black with a white patch on his chest and white spots that spiral down his right arm. His collar is a red leather collar with a silver crescent moon tag, both covered by a blue bandana with a white star logo. His eyes are as blue as his bandana

Personality: Thoughtful, kind, energetic, and at times talkative. He speaks his mind and his tounge has gotten him in, and out of trouble

History: Born in a pet shelter and adopted as a pup, Ian was raised by the Stevens family, bonding quite well with the teenage son Erin. Ian went to watch Erin at his gymnastics practice every day, even learning some himself

Strengths: Fast, Energetic, and Acrobatic

Weaknesses: Not very strong, Usually requiring help with heavy lifting

Morality: Neutral

S-4
P-5
E-8
C-7
I-5
A-8
L-5

This color
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hey, Roarin'
you gonna make your own character or are you just gonna be GM?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

@Brent - I'll have a main reoccurring character that'll pop in from time to time but I'm mostly gonna be controlling the many NPCs that's gonna help/impede yer guys creations. I'll post mah main up (as soon as I come up with one...).

@Wolven - Awesome. Looks good. Remember to include color of dialogue. Maybe include alittle more info in personality and history? (optional). And what stat is your character based around mostly? Endurance or Agility (cause the chose will affect ya somewhat in the RP). But other than that, your spot is reserved. Welcome aboard!

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

He's based more around Agility,
for Speed and balance

EDIT ~ I know his history and personality is short but my PS3 will only allow me to put so much. I wanted to put more, but no more room :l
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Then It'll be fine. So, agility character, cool. Thanks, yer all set. :D

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Could one show up later in this RP and thus not have to toss in a character right now?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Name: Mitchel “Scraps” Callahan
Species: Bull terrier
color:this work?
Specialization: Little bit stronger than your average dog and about a thousand times meaner.

Appearance: An all white Bull terrier. Wears a hoodie covered with patches of various punk bands and a simple black collar. The effects of his years on the streets are pretty obvious, one of his front teeth is knocked out, his muzzle is scarred and he has an ugly scar running down his right leg.

Personality: Rough around the edges and generally not a trusting animal. He’s very selective about who he allows to be his friend and he isn’t afraid to tell someone off. This is more of a survival mechanism than anything else. If he decides he likes someone he’s fiercely loyal and expects the same from them. He’s willing to do anything it takes to help out a person or animal in need provided they aren’t on his bad side. He’s very blunt in his speech and has a quick temper.

History/Background : Scraps was adopted at a young age by a nice elderly woman he simply refers to as mom. The first couple years of his life were great but when she died Scraps was sent to live with her son Eric. Eric was abusive towards scraps and treated him more like a butler than a pet. When he was about 3.5 he decided to run away from home and settled in the first big city he came across. He debated turning himself in to animal control but didn’t want to risk being returned to Eric. About a month after running away he met a pair of homeless dogs, Sid and Jon. They offered him a place to sleep for the night, he was taken in by the group of Street punks that owned Jon and Sid and lived with them in various abandoned buildings throughout the city. He was always willing to stand up for his friends and ended up in a lot of fights. At first he didn’t really know how to handle himself and took a lot of lumps. But as the Years went on he became more and more adept at fighting to the point where he was known throughout the homeless community as one of the toughest dogs around. He quickly earned the nickname scraps (a reference to his scrappiness and his ability to scrounge for food). When times were particularly bad he turned to stealing. One day he was caught shoplifting and ended up getting chased by the police, he was having trouble losing them so when he saw a boat being loaded he hid in an open crate. As he waited for the coast to clear the crate was closed and loaded onto the boat. By the time he broke out he found himself in the store room on the cruise ship. He did his best to blend in during the day and slept in the store room at night, he was on the deck enjoying his lunch when the ship disappeared.

Strengths:
Fearless fighter, he’ll literally fight anyone if he needs to.
High pain tolerance
Can turn anything into a joke
Good at scrounging and improvising in urban environments
Weaknesses:
He’ll fight anyone even if he knows he’ll be beaten badly
Not very educated
Stubborn
Morality: Not particularly fond of rules and/or laws. But he does have a strict personal code. Once he’s decided where he stands on an issue it can be near impossible to persuade him to think differently.

Strength : 7
Perception : 8
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 3
Agility: 5
Luck:5
Last edited by Seth on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Scraps. Hmm... Looks good. Sounds alittle aggressive, but it'll work for this RP. Let's see. You got a lot on strength, perception and endurance. What do you want your character to be centered around the most? But besides that, you seem like your good to go.

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Here be the wayward soul I was talkin' about

Name: Harrison Jones

Species: Half-wolf/Half-German shepherd

Specialization: Adventuring/Scouting

Appearance: Large Shepherd (with standard coloring) with obvious wolf forms. Has deep blue eyes. Wears a Dark-gray tall-crowned, wide-brimmed fedora and a leather vest with a few pockets on it. Has stainless steel dog-tags on a chain from the same metal

Personality: He's adventurous, but not foolish and/or rash. Prefers to double-check before taking action (most of the times). Rarely looses his cool. Has affinity for caves, cliffs and ruins. Due to his experience, he has a lot of stories to offer.

History/background: Originally born feral, he was separated from his mother way too early, but lately was found by the archaeologist and part-time adventurer Roger Jones, who soon after adopted him. The man brought the pup into an entirely different and exciting for the young canine environment, which inspired him so much, that only through a few years he became very valuable to the Jones' team - their lucky charm, so to say. With his enthusiasm and well learned skills, he helped the archeology team in quite decent amount of places.

S&W:
S> Great sense of directions
S> die to his experience, he's good at detecting hidden traps and mechanisms (such as buttons and levers)
W> Too serious at times
W>honest to the point of irritation

Morality: Neutral

S-6
P-8
E-6
C-5
I-5
A-7
L-5

color: #00BF00
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Could one show up later in this RP and thus not have to toss in a character right now?
As long as the six slots are not filled before you bring in a character. I'll find a way to incorporate your person into the action.

@Howler - Looks good, approval approved. Archeology, adventure... Hmm... Sounds like another Jones we all know and love.

Ref Ref!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Okay... Lets see...

Name: Samaki Halden
Species: Fox
Specialization: Chess, strategy, and tactics

Appearance: His body is a full coat of black with the exception of his left ear and the tip of his tail, which is white. He doesn't have a collar but instead wears a checkered black and white bandana around his neck. His eyes are bright green.

Personality: Reserved and independent, he's never really liked attention. Preferring to be the 'fox behind the curtain'. He has a methodic way of thinking, being used to plan one or two steps ahead of his opponent. He usually has a plan or five up his sleeve but when faced with an unexpected game changer or challenge usually ends up blanking out or panicking, unable to think on his feet very well. He likes things that stay routine and static, always knowing what to expect next. He has a tendency to overprepare or overanalyze a situation. He has a strict moral code and his view of "the right way" to do things. Despite his analytical mind he's trusting and possibly gullible to a fault.

History/Background: He was born and raised in a zoo near the Southern Atlantic coast. Living a sheltered life for the most part, he was pretty content with the daily schedule. Wake up, eat, play with a few friends, impress the tourists, eat, then go to sleep. It all changed when he found a small phone that had dropped into the habitat. And if luck would have it when he poked the touchpad screen on the device it flashed to life, showing what looked liked white and black pieces on a board with the words. "Checkmate! You have won!.". In the middle of the screen. He still wasn't exactly sure what he'd won but after the keeper told him about the game he became obsessed with it, wanting to "win" again. That was the beginning of the change of his life, reserving most of his time learning this game. He took every opportunity to play with someone (after failing to get his friends interested in the game he resorted to playing with the occasional tourist and keeper). His dream was to participate in a formal national chess tournament. Of course, being a fox, it was not a very likely goal to achieve.. One day, just to poke fun at him his friends told him there was such a place, that "did" allow animals to participate, they described the location as "a metal building that floats on top of the water" (which in their deprived minds was an impossibility.) They were surprised the next day when their dark furred friend was nowhere to be found. It was sheer luck and determination that got him to the ship. After pushing past a crowd of people and slipping past busy attendants that were...busy attending, to the cluster of people trying to get on the cruise ship, he managed to board the "floating building" without being noticed by any workers. Hours passed by and he was disappointed to find he could not locate such an event, his spirits further dampening when he realized the mass of land that his feet were so used to being planted firmly on, was drifting further and further away at a rapid rate. Well... At least the food was good.

Strength: Planning, logic
Weaknesses: Physical feats, gullibility, dealing with surprises
Morality: Paragon
Color

S - 5 "Lift from the knees they say... Doesn't help..."
P - 7 "I knew you were gonna move there."
E - 4 "Can...we please...*huff* stop for a minute...or ten..."
C - 5 "Okay, we're at your house, now where's my candy?"
I - 10 "Checkmate."
A - 5 "Man... Those turns..."
L - 6 "The only reason I'm standing here."

Since I can't judge my own character, what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Over the top? Interesting?
Questions comments concerns typos?

Note: Depending on events that occur in the RP this character can be a friend or foe. This goes for all NPCs that you will meet.
Last edited by Roarin on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ref Ref!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Roarin wrote:Okay... Lets see...

Name: Samaki Halden
Species: Fox
Specialization: Chess, strategy, and tactics
Appearance: His body is a full coat of black with the exception of his left ear and the tip of his tail, which is white. He doesn't have a collar but instead wears a checkered black and white bandana around his neck. His eyes are bright green.
Personality: Reserved and independent, he's never really liked attention. Preferring to be the 'fox behind the curtain'. He has a methodic way of thinking, being used to plan one or two steps ahead of his opponent. He usually has a plan or five up his sleeve but when faced with an unexpected game changer or challenge usually ends up blanking out or panicking, unable to think on his feet very well. He likes things that stay routine and static, always knowing what to expect next. He has a tendency to overprepare or overanalyze a situation. He has a strict moral code and his view of "the right way" to do things. Despite his analytical mind he's trusting and possibly gullible to a fault.
History/Background: He was born and raised in a zoo near the Southern Atlantic coast. Living a sheltered life for the most part, he was pretty content with the daily schedule. Wake up, eat, play with a few friends, impress the tourists, eat, then go to sleep. It all changed when he found a small phone that had dropped into the habitat. And if luck would have it when he poked the touchpad screen on the device it flashed to life, showing what looked liked white and black pieces on a board with the words. "Checkmate! You have won!.". In the middle of the screen. He still wasn't exactly sure what he'd won but after the keeper told him about the game he became obsessed with it, wanting to "win" again. That was the beginning of the change of his life, reserving most of his time learning this game. He took every opportunity to play with someone (after failing to get his friends interested in the game he resorted to playing with the occasional tourist and keeper). His dream was to participate in a formal national chess tournament. Of course, being a fox, it was not a very likely goal to achieve.. One day, just to poke fun at him his friends told him there was such a place, that "did" allow animals to participate, they described the location as "a metal building that floats on top of the water" (which in their deprived minds was an impossibility.) They were surprised the next day when their dark furred friend was nowhere to be found. It was sheer luck and determination that got him to the ship. After pushing past a crowd of people and slipping past busy attendants that were...busy attending, to the cluster of people trying to get on the cruise ship, he managed to board the "floating building" without being noticed by any workers. Hours passed by and he was disappointed to find he could not locate such an event, his spirits further dampening when he realized the mass of land that his feet were so used to being planted firmly on, was drifting further and further away at a rapid rate. Well... At least the food was good.
Strength: Planning, logic
Weaknesses: Physical feats, gullibility, dealing with surprises
Morality: Paragon
Color

S - 4 "Lift from the knees they say... Doesn't help..."
P - 7 "I knew you were gonna move there."
E - 5 "Can...we please...*huff* stop for a minute...or ten..."
C - 3 "Okay, we're at your house, now where's my candy?"
I - 10 "Checkmate."
A - 6 "Man... Those turns..."
L - 8 "The only reason I'm standing here."

Since I can't judge my own character, what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Over the top? Interesting?
Questions comments concerns typos?

Note: Depending on events that occur in the RP this character can be a friend or foe. This goes for all NPCs that you will meet.
Heeeeee, just for fun okay? No need to take too much of this into account.

Overall, balancing strengths and weaknesses, the character is fairly balanced. Although you MIGHT want to exchange the values of luck and perception to make the character more useful in to the players' group. Especially if you will be using this NPC as your story's "guide". (i.e. keep the story moving and not let others stray too far off the plot.)

It's GOOD that you set him to be gullible, as it gives players a leverage in getting away from him.

Being from the zoo, however, does limit you in what he may have on hand, unless of course you give him a nice boon to start with.

One last thing. Always keep in mind while playing this character is that he has low strength and even lower Charisma.
Low strength means he's not able to do a lot of things by himself, especially.. Oh you have it in weakness.
Low charisma means he's not really fun to be with or he's not that much of a convincer. He's an NPC so you don't need to roll for him in regards to other NPCs unless it is used to provide assistance for the players' group. So in "auto-events" like so, you may opt to have him fail a lot. Just saying.

Technically, judging an NPC is different from judging a character so most of these are just based on how I think he'll be when around the player characters. Again, these are just my opinions. Please don't think of it badly.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hypergenesis wrote: Although you MIGHT want to exchange the values of luck and perception to make the character more useful in to the players' group. Especially if you will be using this NPC as your story's "guide". (i.e. keep the story moving and not let others stray too far off the plot.)
I should probably do that... Luck probably wouldn't help that much in support. I forgot to account for his role as a supporter, even though the whole point of making this character... (i blame sleep deprivation). But yeah... I'll switch stuff around to make him more supportivey. Thanks :D
Hypergenesis wrote:Technically, judging an NPC is different from judging a character so most of these are just based on how I think he'll be when around the player characters. Again, these are just my opinions. Please don't think of it badly.
There's nothing badly about it. Its all constructive (mah 1st time hosting a SRP, so i can use all the help i can get). If you have any more infos/advice to make this a better RP, please post it. Thanks again.

EDIT - Awesome. 1st map made.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Here's the character I'm thinking of asking to bring in, seeing as my RPs are all locked up right now. I've copied her over from Edge City, and I'm gonna toss her in here.
Just so it's clear, she is NOT a theif, she is part of a sleuthing team, where Carl (her human adoptive father) is the brawn and tech, and Scratch is the one who gets in the building to swipe incriminating files.
Scratch wrote:Name: Scratch
Species: North American Raccoon, brown furred variant
Specialization: Breaking-and-Entering, Escape-Artistry, Acrobatics

---- Profile ----
Appearance: Lean, brown, North American Raccoon who looks like she's been through a bit. She wears a brown leather jacket and fingerless gloves, much like Carl's attire. She also wears a thin collar with a generic circular tag and leather foot-wrapping.
Picture: ( This one's big and fancy )

Bio: Scratch is an adventurous little coon whom Carl rescued as a pup. She is currently staying with the man who raised her until she can find something better to do with her life, and since helping him with his work is the most worthwhile thing she can think of, she'll probably be there for a while. Carl and Scratch are effectively a father and daughter pair, and her skilset has grown to compliment his perfectly.

Likes & Dislikes:
- Likes: Shinies, Cookies, Milk, Coloring-books, Breaking-and-Entering, and Carl
- Dislikes: Traps, Barriers, Cops, and Locks that she can't pick.

Morality: Neutral Good
Scratch is one to call things as she goes, believing herself to be a good enough judge of things as she goes. She generally believes in the virtues of work-ethic, . Her actions would mostly
- Virtue: Compassion - Scratch feels compelled to help others in need, feeling that this is the most worthwhile use of her life. She is un
- Vice: Hedonism - Scratch has a tendency to go do things which others don't think of as "proper" for the sake of having fun. This can be anything from simply playing around when she has better things to do, to giving in to her more primal desires...

Color: #FF8000

---- Abilities ----
Strengths and Weaknesses:
- Strength: Adult - Scratch is a non-domesticated animal who grew up in human society. Thus, she is quick to take charge for herself.
- Weakness: Status-Quo - Scratch considers herself to be an adult human, having been raised like one. This doesn't always line up in a human-dominated society.
- Neutral: Literacy - Scratch can read and write, and has about a high-school level education.
- Strength: Acrobatics/Parkour - Scratch is capable of quickly climbing vertical surfaces and doing all sorts of things to get from place to place, and does this for Carl often.
- Weakness: Poor strength - Scratch is somewhat light framed, and doesn't have alot of muscle, so she's not exactly a grappler, meaning she must use more finesse than strength.
- Neutral: Combat Fineese - Scratch has some combat experience, and is well aware of her species' combat characteristics, allowing her to make up for her strength and size in a fight.
- Strength: Lock Picking - Scratch can understand and pick just about any locking mechanism, analog, digital, or whatever. No file cabinet or safe can keep her from incriminating evidence!
- Weakness: Hot-Headed - Scratch can be quick to temper or freak out in the wrong situation.
- Neutral: Strong Personality - Scratch's personality can be both commanding and abrasive, inspiring and off-putting.
- Strength: Wilderness Survival - Scratch is somewhat capable of living in the wild on her own, as she plans on some day settling down and starting a family. She also has tracking skills.
- Weakness: Daddy's Girl - Scratch isn't totally gung-ho about being away from Carl for too long, and it is unlikely that she'll leave him in the near future. She is also tied to living in the Jeep.
- Neutral: Non-domestic Species - Raccoons are not generally domesticated or kept around humans, though Scratch has a collar and such to show that she belongs with humans.

SPECIAL: (( Keep in mind this character was not made for SPECIAL to be applied ))
Strength - 4
Perception - 6
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 6
Intelligence - 7
Agility - 9
Luck - 5

---- Inventory ----
- Heavy-Duty Collar with pockets
- - Wallet with some money, IDs, and notes with important info.
- - - About $100 in various bills
- - - Non-Pet Domestic Animal ID (like, for her to have ID even though she's not really a pet)
- - - Notes about important past events, including some reminders for who she is in case of amnesia.
- - - Picture of Carl
- - Small pieces of metal for bypassing locks/security (hidden in the stiching)
- - Pocket Notebook
- - Small Pencil

- Tough Leather Jacket (light armor) with pockets
- - 2 Apples
- - Lighter
- - Glowing Blue Crystal
- - <Something else>?

- Harrison's Vest (over shoulder)

Lost Items:
- Fingerless leather Gloves
- Leather foot-wrapping

- - Multi-Tool
- - 6 Small pencils
- - Miniature Camera
- - Walkie-talkie
- - Small pack of Crayons
- 6 inch assisted-opening combat knife (under jacket)
- Light Kevlar pads around upper-torso added into jacket
I mean, I figure I'm gonna be reading this thing anyway, so I might as well be prepared to jump in...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Scratch! Cool. Approval approved. And if my math is right, that's a total of five registered characterz. Rockstar, your welcome to jump in now, or laterish (just not too late). So yeah. Oh! That reminds me (or... Scratch reminded me.). Inventory. please take this time to make a list of items that your character happened to have on his/her person (ie collar pockets and such) during their dimensional leap (I will keep track of everyone's stuff in this here OCC) . Just, please make sure the list isn't too long and doesn't include stuff like bulldozers or plasma guns...

And once everyone checks in and gives the green light to start I will begin the chaos ( which will hopefully be organized. Crossed fingers)

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but... Flynn never leaves home without his lucky bulldozer with mounted plasma guns.

should I make a separate post or edit my character sheet like I did with the color?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Three packs of gum (He carries alot of gum to chew when he is stressed)
A small compact mirror (The daughter was checking her hair, saw a cute guy, handed it to Ian, went to flirt)
A small keepsake crystal from Erin
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn keeps a lucky coin in his collar. He also has that toothpick I mentioned before.

oh, and a big wad of cash that he tricked off of some other passengers.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Seperate post is fine. Ima compile it all up top anyways.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin, look carefully at that inventory and tell me what you don't like about it. Remember that this character was originally from an RP where several characters were killed off violently in the first few pages, and she was meant to be able to survive all sorts of incredibly violent situations. She may not be entirely appropriate for your setting without a tiny bit of nerfing/clarification...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Roarin wrote:Inventory

Characters will be able to carry 3 items on their person and an additional item per hand while certain “container items” like backpacks would increase the player’s total carrying capacity. The clothes currently worn by the character does not count towards the inventory.
Greow. = w=

Don't forget about this.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

@ Hypergenesis - Right. Shouldn't forgot a rule I posted.

@ RockstarRacoon - Hmm... nerfing... Err, I mean I don't really see anything wrong with the descrip of the character. Oh! The inventory rule. Three stuff only (I just now realized there was something under those black spoiler lines). The clothes won't count as items but stay away from picking any deadly weapons or electronics. Everything else should be acceptable.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:Scratch! Cool. Approval approved. And if my math is right, that's a total of five registered characterz. Rockstar, your welcome to jump in now, or laterish (just not too late). So yeah. Oh! That reminds me (or... Scratch reminded me.). Inventory. please take this time to make a list of items that your character happened to have on his/her person (ie collar pockets and such) during their dimensional leap (I will keep track of everyone's stuff in this here OCC) . Just, please make sure the list isn't too long and doesn't include stuff like bulldozers or plasma guns...

And once everyone checks in and gives the green light to start I will begin the chaos ( which will hopefully be organized. Crossed fingers)
A black bandanna in one of his collar pockets and a worn out pair of gray wool gloves.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:
Roarin wrote:Inventory

Greow. = w=

Don't forget about this.
I didn't. My character doesn't even touch it, actually.
She's wearing clothes with big pockets, remember?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:@ RockstarRacoon - Hmm... nerfing... Err, I mean I don't really see anything wrong with the descrip of the character. Oh! The inventory rule. Three stuff only (I just now realized there was something under those black spoiler lines). The clothes won't count as items but stay away from picking any deadly weapons or electronics. Everything else should be acceptable.
Ok, take out the weapons and electronics...

So I will take out:
- - Miniature Camera
- - Walkie-talkie
- Light Kevlar pads around upper-torso added into jacket

Which leaves:
- Heavy-Duty Collar with pockets
- - Wallet with some money, IDs, and notes with important info.
- Fingerless leather Gloves
- Leather foot-wrapping
- Tough Leather Jacket (light armor) with pockets
- - Small Toolkit
- - Notebook
- - Small pencils
- - Small pack of Crayons

Though I'm wondering if I can keep:
- - Lighter
- - small pocketknife/multi-tool
- 6 inch assisted-opening combat knife (under jacket)
- Small blades, paperclips, and hairpins (under gloves)

She can smuggle any of these things... >!>;;

Gimme feedback Roarin! (says the guy who's still not sure he can get in on this)
Also, remember that you have me on Skype now.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I didn't. My character doesn't even touch it, actually.
She's wearing clothes with big pockets, remember?
Uhm, yeah. That's one way around the rules for the matter, but not really aimed at your character, just coincidentally and within context.

The preparation itself wouldn't be too much of a problem had this not been an SRP really, but it is and the prologue scenario was a cruise ship so some of your things were a no-no. However, being prepared isn't restricted by the rules so those sort of things are actually good if your preparation backed up by a background.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

You can sub in the lighter and paperclips/hairpins for something. But no weapons for now. I'm sure she can find some of those stuff in the RP.

Ref Ref!