This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
New future characters 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post New future characters
Okay, let me put this out there by saying, I'm the new guy here. And it's nice to meet you all. :)
Next, I'm going to ask you all a question.
Do you guys and girls think that Rick Griffin is going to allow new Housepets! characters to the story?
I've been following the comic from the very beginning and honestly, its the best thing I've read. But I can't help but wonder if he plans on hosting some kind of contest for a chance to allow one(or three) of our characters creation to have a spot on the comic.
What do you guys think of that?
I also would like to know what Rick would think of that.
I mean the comic is perfect the way it is, but at the same time, I can't help but wonder if it'll happen in the future strips.
If it does, what kind of characters will you submit to Rick?

What about you guys, what do you make of that?
Leave your honest reply please :D

Also go easy on me please? I'm new here. Don't be mean


Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: New future characters
Almost certainly not going to happen, sorry. How would Rick write for them? After all they wouldn't be HIS characters, and he, I think, hardly knows the personalities of other people's characters. He's only ever done this on one occasion to my knowledge, and it's for someone he knows very well.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
PhoenixAsper wrote:
Almost certainly not going to happen, sorry. How would Rick write for them? After all they wouldn't be HIS characters, and he, I think, hardly knows the personalities of other people's characters. He's only ever done this on one occasion to my knowledge, and it's for someone he knows very well.

Okay, I just wanted to know, That's all. I guess hypotheically he could do it if we write out their story, background, and relations to the main characters and whole lot of something else to make it work, but eh, you never know. Unless, he offically tells us and such. Thanks for your answer, but I want to hear what others have to say. I'm not being a jerk, just an open book ya know? :)


Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15643
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: New future characters
I have an immense amount of doubt that Rick would let a fan character become upgraded to canon (unless we count Karishad). Though I think the introduction of a new character is very possible. Rick started making a lot of new characters when I first started out.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
Sleet wrote:
I have an immense amount of doubt that Rick would let a fan character become upgraded to canon (unless we count Karishad). Though I think the introduction of a new character is very possible. Rick started making a lot of new characters when I first started out.


I thought as much. I guess until we recive word, let's be glad we fan stories :D
Speak of which, if he decides to go through with it, what kind of character would you submit?


Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile YIM
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17267
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: New future characters
actually, while it's unlikely he'd ever put a fan character in as a main character, I could see him conceivably having a contest for fans to get a character in as a background character, where all he'd have to do is draw it into the comic without writing for the character.

and I don't know what kind of character I'd submit. but I would definitely submit if the contest actually happened.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile YIM
Totally Not Rick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8045
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: New future characters
This is not going to happen. If Rick allowed one "fan character" or cameo into the comic, he would be constantly hounded by people trying to get their characters to appear.
Sleet wrote:
I have an immense amount of doubt that Rick would let a fan character become upgraded to canon (unless we count Karishad).

Kari doesn't count; he was around long before the comic existed.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4041
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: New future characters
A actual written character form one of the fans is zilch on my list. At the same time though i'm not ruling out the posilibity since Rick has asked the audience to vote for a character arc. (with much squee!) Now a possible cameo from his dog, Apollo on the otherhand... <_< >_> *hides*

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile
Totally Not Rick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8045
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: New future characters
Apollo is too awesome to appear in the comic. = P

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4341
Location: Ohio
Post Re: New future characters
GameCobra wrote:
Now a possible cameo from his dog, Apollo on the otherhand... <_< >_> *hides*


I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't done that yet. It seems like it would be a natural thing to do.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:49 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17267
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: New future characters
that won't happen until the twist ending where we learn that Apollo is the one actually writing the comics and Rick is the Miss Auburn to his Res.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
GameCobra wrote:
A actual written character form one of the fans is zilch on my list. At the same time though i'm not ruling out the posilibity since Rick has asked the audience to vote for a character arc. (with much squee!) Now a possible cameo from his dog, Apollo on the otherhand... <_< >_> *hides*

Who's Apollo :?:


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:53 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4341
Location: Ohio
Post Re: New future characters
EveningPen wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
A actual written character form one of the fans is zilch on my list. At the same time though i'm not ruling out the posilibity since Rick has asked the audience to vote for a character arc. (with much squee!) Now a possible cameo from his dog, Apollo on the otherhand... <_< >_> *hides*

Who's Apollo :?:


Ricks Dog IRL

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
IceKitsune wrote:
EveningPen wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
A actual written character form one of the fans is zilch on my list. At the same time though i'm not ruling out the posilibity since Rick has asked the audience to vote for a character arc. (with much squee!) Now a possible cameo from his dog, Apollo on the otherhand... <_< >_> *hides*

Who's Apollo :?:


Ricks Dog IRL


Ohhhhhh. Okay, I get it.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4041
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: New future characters
Dissension wrote:
Apollo is too awesome to appear in the comic. = P


That's what they said about Karishad and look where that got him!

Oh, wai~

NEXT WEEK ON HOUSEPETS! NEW DOG IN THE ZOO,GUYS!

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: Argentina
Post Re: New future characters
Dissension wrote:
This is not going to happen. If Rick allowed one "fan character" or cameo into the comic, he would be constantly hounded by people trying to get their characters to appear.


Is exactly what I think. However, this is "his" story, not ours. Don't you think if someone try to change something in that you worked so hard you aren't going to feel a little dejected and annoyed for that? I think we have to let Rick continue his work as he's been doing so far (and for me, he's been doing it perfect). Also, if you make Rick introduce a character that he had not planned to do, this could mean that he would have to change all the story he had written so far and start again.

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
actually, while it's unlikely he'd ever put a fan character in as a main character, I could see him conceivably having a contest for fans to get a character in as a background character, where all he'd have to do is draw it into the comic without writing for the character.

and I don't know what kind of character I'd submit. but I would definitely submit if the contest actually happened.


This could be reasonable, I think

_________________
ImageImage


Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 pm
Profile
Totally Not Rick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 8045
Images: 0
Location: Inside Your Mind
Post Re: New future characters
GameCobra wrote:
That's what they said about Karishad and look where that got him!

Oh, wai~

NEXT WEEK ON HOUSEPETS! NEW DOG IN THE ZOO,GUYS!

I don't remember anyone saying this about Karishad.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4041
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: New future characters
Dissension wrote:
I don't remember anyone saying this about Karishad.


Yeah, i remembered that at the last second of my post =P

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 2482
Location: Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red
Post Re: New future characters
I am split totally in the middle over this. I would love to see Rick introduce one of our characters in the background, I don't really see him introducing anymore "main" characters, and I'm not sure I would even like it if one of ours was. This is his comic and I think actually having one of our characters physically interact with his would just take away from it.

However, if he did either, he probably would get a lot of requests to put other characters in. So from that standpoint, I also don't want to see any put in. I don't want Rick to do anything that will stress him out anymore than he needs to be.

_________________
The best cymbal player ever has spoken.


JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
I ask a simple question, and look what happens. I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to cause all this strife. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. :(


Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 pm
Profile YIM
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 2482
Location: Somewhere between 8:30 and the color red
Post Re: New future characters
EveningPen wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

Don't say that. I believe there are some things that should never be brought up due to the possibility of it getting out of hand, but this was not one of them.

Everyone gave their opinion for what it was. Some were stronger than others, but no one got out of hand. (Unless someone did while I wasn't here, but I have a feeling that didn't happen)

We are on the internet. You could ask the simplest of questions and someone, somewhere will probably give you a more complex answer then would ever be required. You didn't cause any strife.

_________________
The best cymbal player ever has spoken.


JeffCvt is a copyright of jeffcvt inc. and not to be reproduced without the express written consent of CBS and jeff cvt.


Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
JeffCvt wrote:
EveningPen wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

Don't say that. I believe there are some things that should never be brought up due to the possibility of it getting out of hand, but this was not one of them.

Everyone gave their opinion for what it was. Some were stronger than others, but no one got out of hand. (Unless someone did while I wasn't here, but I have a feeling that didn't happen)

We are on the internet. You could ask the simplest of questions and someone, somewhere will probably give you a more complex answer then would ever be required. You didn't cause any strife.


I guess so. Thanks for that, I was worried I started something I couldn't stop. :?
So thank you :)


Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15643
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: New future characters
There's no strife here. This is friendly conversation, bud. :3
Dissension wrote:
This is not going to happen. If Rick allowed one "fan character" or cameo into the comic, he would be constantly hounded by people trying to get their characters to appear.
Sleet wrote:
I have an immense amount of doubt that Rick would let a fan character become upgraded to canon (unless we count Karishad).

Kari doesn't count; he was around long before the comic existed.
And yet he was a "character" before he was a Housepets! character.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1540
Post Re: New future characters
It's never going to happen. Trust me on this. But i'm glad that we can have a reasonable discussion about this without a bunch of whining and "But whyyyyy"?'s


Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1758
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: New future characters
The only way I considered doing this is, if I ever did a kickstarter, allowing purchases of background cameos. Money, you see. Other than that remote possibility, I'm not putting fan characters in the comic.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Posts: 35
Images: 0
Location: Nowhere but Everywhere.
Post Re: New future characters
rickgriffin wrote:
The only way I considered doing this is, if I ever did a kickstarter, allowing purchases of background cameos. Money, you see. Other than that remote possibility, I'm not putting fan characters in the comic.

Money huh, the ever present Green Sin. I guess I didnt really think this through then. Sorry bout that Rick. :?


Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:26 am
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.