HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by Roarin »

"So? Made decision yet?" Alc turned to face away from the drawing he was sketching to face the bear that was behind him. Only to find thin air. "Dom?" Alc called out, slightly confused. "Hmm... Maybe he went home. Forgot something." He shrugged. "Another time then." After a quick look around, the wolf continued his walk towards the center plaza. A few blocks later he passed what looked like a park of some sort. An arctic fox could be seen looking up a tree at... Was that a snow leopard? He stopped to observe what they were doing as he continued to doodle.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

musclecar326 wrote:
While, Malkus needs a new book, so we'll go there first. I also want to check up on my request for a book. Then we can go to the pet store, so you can see all the toys they have there. Then if we still want to continue we can head to the clothing store. Speedy told the group as she stood up.
Sounds good to me.

Joe stood near the back of the grouphe didn't want to be the first one to talk to the new pets.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Once Snowy had all of his new friends looking at them too, he started to walk over there. I wonder what their doing? One's in the trees the other is at the base. Ohh look another new one just showed up. Now theres three. He said as he continued walking. Once he got over there he said, Hey there, Watcha up to? I'm Snowy, who are you guys?
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan, feeling a bit timid felt like just staying back and waiting for them to come over but after spotting the arctic fox, he got a little curious about their nature being here and all and decided to follow behind Snowy, staying quiet but standing alongside him.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

When Met saw the new pets, he jumped off of the swing and did a flip before landing and following after Snowy.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Soren was interrupted. He twisted to look down, then dangled down so that his knees held him up and his head poked out just under the lowest branch. "Hallo" he said, "we were about to attempt something called Free Running... I relate it greatly to climbing. I was gonna jump from tree to tree to see if I could pull it off. Usually it is done with urban structures on a relatively flat horizontal plane." He looked around at the other animals and gestured to the Arctic Fox who was talking him through this. "He seems to think this is dangerous or cannot be done. The height involved though seems to indicate that I would survive a fall without much difficulty."

Then the cat saw the other Snow Leopard, "Uncia uncia? I didn't know there were any others in the area," he said, "the only other snow leopard I know that isn't feral lives in Russia."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Alc nodded politely in greeting to the snow leopard, not sure if the hello was extended to him also. He was about to walk over when he noticed the appearance of a few more pets, following behind. What was suppose to be a straight lined walk towards the group turned into a shape curved that veered him in the direction of the nearest tree. He then sat down in the shade, setting his instrument next to him. He leaned against the truck and continued his drawing, occasionally looking up to watch what the crowd of animals were doing.

Ref Ref!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

razgriz wrote:Soren was interrupted. He twisted to look down, then dangled down so that his knees held him up and his head poked out just under the lowest branch. "Hallo" he said, "we were about to attempt something called Free Running... I relate it greatly to climbing. I was gonna jump from tree to tree to see if I could pull it off. Usually it is done with urban structures on a relatively flat horizontal plane." He looked around at the other animals and gestured to the Arctic Fox who was talking him through this. "He seems to think this is dangerous or cannot be done. The height involved though seems to indicate that I would survive a fall without much difficulty."

Then the cat saw the other Snow Leopard, "Uncia uncia? I didn't know there were any others in the area," he said, "the only other snow leopard I know that isn't feral lives in Russia."
Casper's hand twitched again as things began to fall into place for him, realizing just why Soren was approaching this the way he was. And he couldn't help a certain amount of annoyance at that, though whether that annoyance was with himself or the snow leopard that was currently hanging upside down from a tree branch he wasn't sure. "Again, I never said it couldn't be done, simply that it is a highly unlikely thing and a fairly risky thing to do more over." The fox responded a bit flatly as he crossed his arms and looked over at Soren out of the corner of his eye. "Though I said that when I thought you understood everything..." He noted quietly before continuing to address the treed snow leopard at a regular volume. "And just so you know Soren, what you're are currently attempting is not in the least of ways free running...though whether your misconception of it is do to a poor explanation on my part or some form of misinterpretation on yours is anyone's best guess."

Shrugging and giving an "Ah well..." Casper turned his attention to the others that were now present, looking them over thoughtfully before giving another shrug and a small sigh before letting his arms drop back to his sides as he turned to look at Snowy. "All that aside though, and to answer the second half of your question, since he took care of the first, my name is Casper and the one in the tree is Soren." The fox answered simply, having motioned toward Soren as he said the word 'he'.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Well hello you two, and what was that word you called me Soren? I don't know it. Snowy said to the new pets. Oh, and by the way this is Met, Ryan, Joe. He said as he gestured to each one.

-----------------------------

Speedy got up from the table and walked back to the center of town, Alright so here we are at the book store. She said then entered. Sam! Ashley! Yes? Oh hey there Speedy, got some new friends i see. So what do you need? A middle aged woman with a parrot on her shoulder asked. I wanted to know if my books were in yet and Malkus here needs a new one. Speedy answered as she pointed at Malkus. Let me check, while your waiting have your friends check out our selection. You heard the lady, go look around.
Last edited by musclecar326 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Met waved his paw when Snowy introduced him. "Nice to meet you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Uncia uncia" Soren repeated, "latin for a variety units of measurement, including an ounce and inch or scientifically, Snow Leopard. The term was used due to some odd Italian connection to 'Oncia.' A short time ago, Pantheria uncia was the scientific name though. Recently it changed though, likely from genetic testing to better determine our familial position relative to other felines. I suppose Uncia could be used in reference to Snow Leopards being the lightest of the panther-type felines..."

The Snow Leopard then turned towards the Arctic Fox, "Its a close as I can get and its safe enough. I can survive the fall with minimal injury... As you described it, moving quickly passed obstacles on a horizontal plane... We have that right here."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Casper's hand twitched again as he found his annoyance growing, this time rather sure of who it was due to and at this point he was strongly considering giving up on this whole thing and walking away before he lost his cool. It only really took a moment of thought on the matter before he sighed out his growing frustration and turned away from Soren. "Look, I'm trying to 'play nice' here, but I'm not exactly the type to put up with a know-it-all. I'm trying to explain things, but it's not exactly my strong suit, which is one of the reason's I wanted to show you." The fox said over his shoulder, an obvious edge to his voice despite his attempts keep that hidden. "But so far you have chosen to be both impatient and obstinate with me. So now I'm choosing to wash my hands of this and walk away. If you ever decide you're willing to stop and actually listen to me, then I might try and teach you about this again."

With that said Casper nodded to the others present and walked off. Heading out of the 'fun park' and across the street at an angle, after a quick check to be sure it was clear, toward a book store he could see just down the way. 'Here's hoping it's the sort that has a small cafe in it...I need something to sooth my nerves and my throat. I haven't talked this much in months.' The fox thought to himself as he walked through the door.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

musclecar326 wrote:Speedy got up from the table and walked back to the center of town, Alright so here we are at the book store. She said then entered. Sam! Ashley! Yes? Oh hey there Speedy, got some new friends i see. So what do you need? A middle aged woman with a parrot on her shoulder asked. I wanted to know if my books were in yet and Malkus here needs a new one. Speedy answered as she pointed at Malkus. Let me check, while your waiting have your friends check out our selection. You heard the lady, go look around.
Tesla hadn't even figured out how to open the box containing her meal when Speedy suddenly started leading them to the book store, but, since she was holding food, she opted to sit just outside and try to figure out how to get to her meal.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After a few minutes of sitting under the tree, Alc's stomach growled, reminding him he still hadn't eaten anything yet. He quickly gathered his things, slung his guitar over his shoulder and stood up. He gave another nod towards the pets even though he wasn't sure they noticed him and continued further down the road.

After reaching an intersection he spotted a book store across the street, and next to it was... A sandwich shop. "Perfect.". The wolf mumbled as he crossed the street towards the bookstore, resuming his sketching. After he had made it to the other side he made a sharp left turn.

"No... That's not right...". He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at his drawing. Then he grumbled something and tore the page out of his notebook and crumpled it into a ball. As he passed the bookstore he noticed a trash can near the entrance. He tossed the paper at it, not caring if it went in or not. Once he made it to the front of the sandwich shop he opened the door and walked inside. The crumpled ball of paper he had tossed bounced off the rim of the bin and landed neatly at the foot of the door.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan watched as the new group of pets split up, a new pet coming from under a tree and walking off.

"I guess thats that"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Maria stayed back a little to talk to Tesla.
"Do you need help opening that?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Snowy watched as a few pets left, one really mad, the other kinda lonely. So what now? Should we continue to play or something else? He asked the now smaller group.

-----------------------
Speedy followed Ashley over to her computer, once there glanced around and noticed tesla and Maria were gone. She looked around for a little bit, then saw them outside talking. Speedy turned back towards ashley, on the way noticing a new animal. Well hello, there, I'm Speedy. Who are you? She said to the fox.
Yes, I am a furry.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Maria stayed back a little to talk to Tesla.
"Do you need help opening that?"
"(55)O-oh, uh... (45)if you don't mind?" Tesla said, feeling a little awkward and out of place at the moment.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Maria took the box and after a couple seconds, it was open. "Happy to help. I had a little trouble with mine, too."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"(60)Thanks Maria... (30)Why on earth would anyone make something so hard to see?" She asked herself quietly as she examined the container before letting out a sigh. "(60)Well, at least the silverware isn't white... I'd never be able to find it." She said in a half joking, half serious manner, grabbing the only tool that had prongs.
Love me right now! Done.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

musclecar326 wrote:Speedy followed Ashley over to her computer, once there glanced around and noticed tesla and Maria were gone. She looked around for a little bit, then saw them outside talking. Speedy turned back towards ashley, on the way noticing a new animal. Well hello, there, I'm Speedy. Who are you? She said to the fox.
Casper walked into the book store and glanced around as his annoyance from moments ago quickly ebbed away, leaving him with a sort of deflated feeling as a particular memory began to ring in the back of his head, distracting him from the reason he had headed for the shop in the first place. It took a moment of him just standing there for it click in his head that someone had just spoken to him, and another after that to turn toward the voice's source and realize what had been said. "Huh...oh, Casper..." The fox responded, flinching slightly at the scratchiness of his own voice. 'Yeah...that's about what I expected after all that...' He thought to himself as he brought a paw up to rub gently at his throat, the feeling serving to remind him why he'd come in here in the first place.

"Don't suppose this place has a cafe...?" Casper questioned quietly, trying his best not to add any undo strain on his voice until he had what he needed to sooth the damage he'd stupidly done to it. 'Please say yes...and please let them serve hot tea...' The fox hoped mentally. He really didn't want to go back home this soon just because he had allowed his emotions get the better of him.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Ahh, sorry no cafe. Just a bookstore, but if you're looking for something to eat there's a small sandwich shop next door. Speedy explained to Casper.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

musclecar326 wrote:Snowy watched as a few pets left, one really mad, the other kinda lonely. So what now? Should we continue to play or something else? He asked the now smaller group.
"What were you playing?" Soren asked, "I have nothing really to do here besides explore at the moment. I could play or explore. Perhaps go for a swim to cool off, unless there's some snow around here or an industrial air conditioner that'll get it down to freezing."
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

We weren't doing anything really just swinging and checking the equipment out. Oh and sorry to tell you this but there is no public pool here. Snowy told Soren. Snow? There might be a few small piles left in the mountain area, but i'm not sure. I can only think of one other thing that can help us cool off...my air-conditioned house! He explained.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"I think everyone's house is air conditioned, it is not new technology" Soren said, "albeit, the recent usage of sound waves by science labs to create a refrigeration device is fairly new, it is of little use int he public sector yet.... What is in your house that we could do?"

OOC: seriously? no pool? that is rather rediculous... Lots of communities have them aside from in the far north..
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan sorta just stood by and watched the others converse, not really thinking of anything to say. He was actually a little more curious to what set the other fox off in such a hurry, he debated to himself whether he should follow or stay with the group.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After a few minutes Alc came out of the sandwich shop and takes a seat at one of the outside tables overlooking the street and the park that was past it. He grumbled incoherently to himself about the server's lack of effort to make the toppings symmetrical on each side of the inside of the sandwich and how the circles the man drew with the mustard weren't concentric. His sketchbook was idly tossed on the table and his pencil with it. After taking a few bites of the sandwich, he had to admit it didn't really matter. It took him a couple minutes to spot two figures around the entrance of the bookstore. Alc shrugged dismissively and returned to his perfectly, imperfect, delicious sandwich, and took another bite.

Ref Ref!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

musclecar326 wrote:Ahh, sorry no cafe. Just a bookstore, but if you're looking for something to eat there's a small sandwich shop next door. Speedy explained to Casper.
Casper shook his head trying to decide if he should bother with asking if there was a cafe around, or if he should just head home where what he was after was sure to be. "Looking for hot tea...mint, if at all possible..." The fox explained with a light frown, tacking on the last part at an even lower volume then he was already speaking in, as if it were a shameful thing."Is there anywhere around...?" He added after a moment of debate, deciding it'd be better to try asking, then to just give up and head home. Especially considering the fuss his owner was bound to make if he showed up with a hoarse voice.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:"(60)Thanks Maria... (30)Why on earth would anyone make something so hard to see?" She asked herself quietly as she examined the container before letting out a sigh. "(60)Well, at least the silverware isn't white... I'd never be able to find it." She said in a half joking, half serious manner, grabbing the only tool that had prongs.
"I'll just stay here with you until you're done. It's not nice to leave a friend eating alone."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"(70)Wha- oh no, don't worry about that, I actually kind of like being alone... Er, not that I don't mind company, because I don't, I mean..." The fox rattled out in a nervous fit before promptly bringing paw to her forehead. "(20)Why do I even bother?" She whispered to herself, blushing as she sub-consciously pulled her paw down her face, emphasizing her embarrassment.
Love me right now! Done.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

razgriz wrote:"I think everyone's house is air conditioned, it is not new technology" Soren said, "albeit, the recent usage of sound waves by science labs to create a refrigeration device is fairly new, it is of little use int he public sector yet.... What is in your house that we could do?"
Well, i have an arcade in the basement. And even though there is no public pool we do have a private one in our backyard, with a trampoline next to it. Snowy explained to Soren.

OOC: We are in a northern climate, so theres no public pool but private pools are allowed in backyards.
Last edited by musclecar326 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am a furry.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Shirosune wrote:Casper shook his head trying to decide if he should bother with asking if there was a cafe around, or if he should just head home where what he was after was sure to be. "Looking for hot tea...mint, if at all possible..." The fox explained with a light frown, tacking on the last part at an even lower volume then he was already speaking in, as if it were a shameful thing."Is there anywhere around...?" He added after a moment of debate, deciding it'd be better to try asking, then to just give up and head home. Especially considering the fuss his owner was bound to make if he showed up with a hoarse voice.
I'm sorry no. The sandwich shop might have tea but i don't know for sure. Speedy told him with a sad expression.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"The Arcade seems... overkill" Soren said, "wouldn't it just be easier to build a central entertainment center connected to your local server, and run a MAAM off of it alongside various clones of classic games and modern game consoles?" He hung there thinking for a few minutes... "I guess it is better than continuing my current endeavors without additional guidance."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

musclecar326 wrote:I'm sorry no. The sandwich shop might have tea but i don't know for sure. Speedy told him with a sad expression.
"I see...well thanks anyway." Casper muttered in response, frowning lightly as he turned around and began walking back toward the door. He considered briefly returning to the sandwich shop and settling for cold tea, but quickly found himself grimacing at the thought. The place itself wasn't bad, but what passed for tea with them was unpleasantly weak as far as the fox was concerned.

Stepping out of the store Casper moved to the side of the door and leaned back against the outer wall of the building, not really paying attention to what else was around him as he again tried to decide whether he should just give it up and head home or if he should try to find someplace in town that had what he was after. As he continued to consider his options he let him self slide down against the wall until he was sitting on the sidewalk, his eyes closing as he tried to focus. There was something nagging at the back of his head, something he had seen while looking over the map of this place on Soren's phone, but he just couldn't place it. "What was it...?" The fox muttered aloud, his ears folding back and his tail beginning to twitch idly as he tried to remember.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:"(70)Wha- oh no, don't worry about that, I actually kind of like being alone... Er, not that I don't mind company, because I don't, I mean..." The fox rattled out in a nervous fit before promptly bringing paw to her forehead. "(20)Why do I even bother?" She whispered to herself, blushing as she sub-consciously pulled her paw down her face, emphasizing her embarrassment.
"Nonsense, I can't leave a friend eating alone," She said with a smile on her face.
Shirosune wrote:
musclecar326 wrote:I'm sorry no. The sandwich shop might have tea but i don't know for sure. Speedy told him with a sad expression.
"I see...well thanks anyway." Casper muttered in response, frowning lightly as he turned around and began walking back toward the door. He considered briefly returning to the sandwich shop and settling for cold tea, but quickly found himself grimacing at the thought. The place itself wasn't bad, but what passed for tea with them was unpleasantly weak as far as the fox was concerned.

Stepping out of the store Casper moved to the side of the door and leaned back against the outer wall of the building, not really paying attention to what else was around him as he again tried to decide whether he should just give it up and head home or if he should try to find someplace in town that had what he was after. As he continued to consider his options he let him self slide down against the wall until he was sitting on the sidewalk, his eyes closing as he tried to focus. There was something nagging at the back of his head, something he had seen while looking over the map of this place on Soren's phone, but he just couldn't place it. "What was it...?" The fox muttered aloud, his ears folding back and his tail beginning to twitch idly as he tried to remember.
Then she noticed the other pet standing on the other side of the door. "Oh, hi there."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Then she noticed the other pet standing on the other side of the door. "Oh, hi there."
Casper jumped and tensed a little, having been lost too much in his own musings to notice the anyone else was near by until he'd be spoken to. "Uh, hi..." He greeted a bit hoarsely, staring a little uncertainly at the simian in front of him as he did so, not entirely sure what to say or do at the moment. After all, the majority of his mind was still focused on sorting out the nagging feeling ringing somewhere in the back of it.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

razgriz wrote:"The Arcade seems... overkill" Soren said, "wouldn't it just be easier to build a central entertainment center connected to your local server, and run a MAAM off of it alongside various clones of classic games and modern game consoles?" He hung there thinking for a few minutes... "I guess it is better than continuing my current endeavors without additional guidance."
So, do you guys want to come over or not? Snowy asked with a confused look.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"I guess" Soren said, "its something to do."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It's settled then. Let's go" Met said, having sat and listened to the two other pets talking.
(OOC: needed to assure people that Met was still alive)
-----------
Shirosune wrote:Casper jumped and tensed a little, having been lost too much in his own musings to notice the anyone else was near by until he'd be spoken to. "Uh, hi..." He greeted a bit hoarsely, staring a little uncertainly at the simian in front of him as he did so, not entirely sure what to say or do at the moment. After all, the majority of his mind was still focused on sorting out the nagging feeling ringing somewhere in the back of it.
"What's wrong? you look troubled."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan gave a slight sheepish nod
"Yeah that sounds fun"