MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Shin heard Sunset in the hallway. "Hey, Sunset. In here," he called to her.

Moondancer just sat next to the bed.
Sunset's ears perked up, "Shinny!" She said as she bounded into the room, "I'm so glad I found you! Here!" She excitably said, using her magic to tie some of the balloons to Shin's bed. They read things like, 'Hang in there!' and 'You rock!' and 'Get better soon, you're awesome.' One of them said, 'Happy Birthday, ' "Don't mind the happy birthday balloon, I just bought every balloon I saw on the way here." She said, "So are you okay? How's your wing? What did the doctors say? Can I get you anything? Where's Penny? And Locky? And Navy? Are they okay?" She asked, flooding him with questions as she took a seat at the chair next to his bed.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ctcmjh wrote:Sunset's ears perked up, "Shinny!" She said as she bounded into the room, "I'm so glad I found you! Here!" She excitably said, using her magic to tie some of the balloons to Shin's bed. They read things like, 'Hang in there!' and 'You rock!' and 'Get better soon, you're awesome.' One of them said, 'Happy Birthday, ' "Don't mind the happy birthday balloon, I just bought every balloon I saw on the way here." She said, "So are you okay? How's your wing? What did the doctors say? Can I get you anything? Where's Penny? And Locky? And Navy? Are they okay?" She asked, flooding him with questions as she took a seat at the chair next to his bed.
"I'm fine. My wing is gone, but I didn't really need it anyway. I don't need anything right now, thanks. Pen left a little earlier to find Navy, I assume he'd try her home first. I don't actually know where Locke is."
"Actually," Moon dancer interjected, "I just met a nice stallion who said he was going to talk to somepony named Locke.He went into the room three doors down. Also, hi. I'm Shin's sister, Moondancer." She held her hoof out to sunset.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( Penwrite's abandoned me, but I don't want to stop... >!>;;; ))
---- Shade Manor: Over 1000 years ago ----
RockstarRaccoon wrote:At first, it seemed like he would overpower his son: after all, he was much more powerful than any of his children. He grinned, "See princess? There's nothing I can't handle!"
"Actually..." Hate said, beginning to grin back, "All this time... I've been holding back..." His horn lit up even brighter, and his father's face fell in surprise as he worked to match it.
Luna grinned, "Some warrior you've turned out to be..."
"Nothing I can't handle... Your majesty...?" Integrity Shade grunted, clearly taken aback by the fact that he was now struggling just as much as his children had been. How was this even possible? Where could his son possibly be getting all that magic, especially after 5 straight rounds against his elder siblings?
Hate pressed on though, and somehow managed to continue to match every advance of his father... When his father felt that surely there was no more that Hate could give, the point where the beams crossed began to quickly slide away from the midpoint...
The elder could suddenly feel that he was losing, and fought desperately. "No... NO!" he let out a shout as he felt something hit his horn...
CRACK!
Integrity went flying, tumbling backwards and rolling across the carpet to the far wall, groaning...
Hate looked up, raising a hoof to step forward, but holding it in the air, "...F-... Father...? Are you... Alright?"
His father rose weakly to his hooves, shaking himself off, "Aye... Aye... I've been thrown like that many..." he blinked, staring at his son, "Hate... Hate, how did you do that...?"
Hate shook his head, "I... I dunno, I merely push more and it works..." He was panting a little now from the exertion of what he'd been doing...
"His power conforms to the situation..." the princess explained, now pulling off her own regalia, "He's drawing it from a very deep reserve, which might be limitless compared to yours, and somehow he's able to draw as much as he needs to overpower you... The real strain here is on his body..."
Integrity glanced over at her, "Drawing from... But... How would that even wo-Princess! What are you doing?!"
The princess slid from her chair, leaving her regalia next to the Shade's, "Finding the depth of this reservoir... Stand there." She gestured briefly at a spot between the rest of the awestruck Shades and the place where they'd been dueling. Integrity followed the command. "Thine house can repair some damage, am I correct?"
"Yes your majesty." Integrity nodded.
"Good... I suggest preparing to cast a ward for yourselves..." she turned to look at Hate, "Hateful Shade?"
Hateful felt very small all of the sudden, under the princesses' full gaze for the first time, and not even trying to seem strong, "Y-Yes, your majesty?" he squeaked.
The princess smirked, "Hate, I wish to test the limits of thine magic. Art thou prepared?"
Hate glanced in terror at his parents, who both nodded at him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, planting his hooves back on the floor. "Yes... Your majesty." he gulped...
"Very well then!" the princess declared, following suit, "Let us begin!"
And with that, their horns both lit up..
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm fine. My wing is gone, but I didn't really need it anyway. I don't need anything right now, thanks. Pen left a little earlier to find Navy, I assume he'd try her home first. I don't actually know where Locke is."
"Actually," Moon dancer interjected, "I just met a nice stallion who said he was going to talk to somepony named Locke.He went into the room three doors down. Also, hi. I'm Shin's sister, Moondancer." She held her hoof out to sunset.
Sunset made a sympathetic face when Shin talked about his wing being gone. She made a sad face when she found out she had missed Penwrite, "Aww, I missed him?" She asked, "Oh well, I'll talk to him later! And I'll try to talk to Locky and the others too. That was really crazy, what happened." She said.

When Moon Dancer interjected, she smiled widely, "I'm Sunset Mirage! But everyone calls me Sunset! And my sister calls me Sunny, nobody else, though. I really like your mane!"
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

exranio wrote:Life, it always gets better. Locke turned back to the ceiling and began speaking in a tone that couldn't possibly sound any less interested. "So, some random little gampler rolls into town, decides he recognizes me and then thinks He can jus black mail me to do whatever it is you want me to do." Locke turned onto his side towards his blackmailer "Lucky for you, I like jobs," he grinned "Just one little thing, snatch me up 8 pairs of socks. And no crap socks either, I need good soft quality socks! Then I'll do whatever you want."
Daemon shrugged. "Fine." He said and he left the room.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Oh, hey, just saw this... ))
Penwrite wrote:He looked up at her and his frown deepened. He saw how she looked and figured she was mentally punishing herself enough for everything that had happened, and in his heart he had already forgiven her. He would always forgive her. But he still needed to say something. "What really hurts is how you hit me on the head with that box yesterday. Basically betrayed me, a friend, for a pony you couldn't have known for more than a few hours. I want to understand why."
(( Because it was funny, duh. Man don't make me go explaining my gags... ))
Navy sort of stumbled over after him, still staring at him with bloodshot eyes. The light from the lamp on the desk illuminated her face even more: she didn't look seductive at all right now, more just pathetic. "I... was trying to... protect you... I didn't want you to get involved... I'm... Dangerous..." She walked up to him and took his head in one of her arms, pulling it into her neck, "I'm... So sorry... It's all my fault..." she started sobbing again, "This is all my fault... I'm so so sorry..."
Penwrite nuzzled into Navy's neck, tears streaming from his eyes as he let all the stress, all the fear, all the pain of the last 24 hours finally wash over him. He wrapped his forelegs around Navy's shoulders, hugging the mare close, trying to comfort her as best he could. "It's okay...it's okay...it's okay...I forgive you." He looked at her and gave a weak smile, reaching a hoof up to brush away her tears. "I forgive you. I will always forgive you, Navy, because I..." He struggled with the words a moment, before looking away and going back to hugging. "Because you're my friend. I'm just glad you're safe now."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( I sense "I love you" almost came out there. Oh Navy, you and sexual tension... ))
Navy hugged him in close, breathing heavily for a bit and nuzzling back. She stroked his neck, beneath his mane, with one hoof s they cried together for a moment...

Finally she started to let go with a sigh, pushing him to arm's length and staring back at his eyes, "Thanks Penwrite..." she said softly, "You're a good friend..." She leaned forward and gently kissed him on the nose before breaking away and turning to grab a chair from next to her desk, "So... If all that's good..." she pushed it up next to the one Penwrite was sitting in and sat down next to him, scooting her body up against his, "Did... you want to know what I was reading?"

======== Shade Manor: 1000 years previously. ========
RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Penwrite's abandoned me, but I don't want to stop... >!>;;; ))
---- Shade Manor: Over 1000 years ago ----
RockstarRaccoon wrote:The princess smirked, "Hate, I wish to test the limits of thine magic. Art thou prepared?"
Hate glanced in terror at his parents, who both nodded at him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, planting his hooves back on the floor. "Yes... Your majesty." he gulped...
"Very well then!" the princess declared, following suit, "Let us begin!"
And with that, their horns both lit up..
The two magic users started weak and made their way up in power, and quickly came back to the point that Hate and Integrity had been at when Hate had won.
"Alright then..." Luna said, "Now, let us see how much further you can go..." she began to push harder, though for her this wasn't much exertion at all: she WAS the moon, after all.
Hate gritted his teeth and closed his eyes, pressing back with what he could. This was as far as he'd ever pushed himself, but the princess seemed to be right: the only strain he felt was on his body. He felt warm and prickly, like he was wearing a very uncomfortable overcoat, and it was making his entire body hot and itchy...
The princess grinned, pressing more into it: she hadn't seen a unicorn who had this much raw power for quite some time... And she'd found him before her sister could get her hooves on him...
Hate pressed back, feeling the amount of energy flowing through his body go from a mere discomfort to a burning sensation. He felt himself begin to sweat, his skin feeling like it was being stabbed with a million tiny needles...
The princess noticed his discomfort, realizing that his body was being pushed to a new limit, but she could feel... Off somewhere from deep inside of him, he had massive amounts of power, gushing through him like a tiny valve at the bottom of an ocean... She pushed him to show her more...
Hate needed to stop, he tried to open his mouth to forfeit, but all that came out was a little moan of pain. His body felt like it was on fire now... in fact, he could feel his mane standing on end and bristling as it began to be burned... He needed to stop but... He couldn't. It kept coming now and he had no way to stop it. He thought he heard his parents shout something from the side, but it seemed like the world was fading into fire. He couldn't stop it. More and more power was just bleeding out of him, pushing through the conduit his body had made...
And then....

Fire... Fire everywhere... It was consuming his body from all angles... He felt his hooves melting into the hard rock beneath his feet, the whole world seemed to be shaking around him with screams of torment, which howled in a burning and dusty wind... He looked to the sky, looking for something to focus on... Blood... The sky was a bubbling whirl of blood and tar, the landscape around him an inferno of torture. He opened his mouth and began to scream in terror, but it was merely one more scream in a sea of torment and anguish... His head whipped back and fourth as he screamed now, his eyes nearly rolling back into his head with shock...
Then he saw her...
A beautiful dark blue mare, much taller than him, stepped into this world... Her mane, a vision of the night sky, seemed to blow calmly in the howling wind of screams. Her eyes radiated serenity as she stared into his... She knelt down next to him, embracing him with her forelegs and wings, comforting him and taking his pain away... He felt himself being taken away from the horrible place, the world around him fading into serenity as it became the surface of the moon... He pressed back into her and started crying, feeling her gentle touch as the eternal being held him like her child...
It was the most indescribably incredible experience of his life...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stared off into space, eyes wide and pupils pinpricks, face flushed red as a ripe tomato. At Navy's question and the feel of her body so close to his he squeaked and gave a quick, jerky little nod.

Galaxy, meanwhile, watched some ponies doing something from some doorway.

[That was the surface of the sun Hate went to, wasn't it? Luna, that manipulative little...word that I can't say in polite company. Also, Rockstar, do you mind that?]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy reached over and hugged him again, "Sorry... I just felt like a change of subject might be nice..." she kept a foreleg around his shoulder, looking at him with a tired smile, "Are you alright?" She was looking alot less broken now, as if that bit of affection between them had revived her...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Satisfied with this deal Locke once again began to recline in his bed. He contemplated hitting on the nurses for fun, and exactly how good those socks where going to be. Soon enough his naturally greedy eyes noticed the shimmering glint distinctive of gems. He leaned a bit to get a good look at the light outside the door. Tall figure, colourful hair, pink coat.... and gem eyes. C-c-c-can I really steal some ponies eyes.

"Hey, Starry Eyes! Come in here for a moment, I wanna chat.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite nodded, smiling as wide as he could to keep Navy from worrying. His blush lessened a good deal, but still remained. "I'll be fine. A good yelling at Locke might make me feel better later, but for now I'm fine." He then looked at the book. "Did you get this from the mansion?"

Galaxy's ears perked up at the sound of the call. She looked toward the source and, seeing the bedridden pony looking and waving to her, smiled and trotted over to him. Her purple and gold metal suitcase bounced merrily at her side. "Hello there! I'm Galaxy, nice to meet you."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy nodded, letting go of his shoulder and reaching forward towards the book, "Yeah... I managed to grab my saddlebags before Sunset winked us out..." She leaned it upwards so Penwrite could see the cover, which simply said "HATE". "It's Hateful Shade's journal... I've been reading it to see if I can find something useful..." she glanced back towards him, "Interested?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

Golden saddlebag, score!.... Wait, theres no way I could get away with it while stuck in this bed. Manure! Locke fored his eyes away from the valuable precious metal, up towards' the Galaxy's face. "Yeah I couldn;t help but notice your eyes aren't well.... eyes. And I have a personally love of gems, or anything shiney really. If it's worth money I like it. So uh, how much do you think those are, like carats and all that?" Smooth bro, real smooth. You don't sound like you want to rip her eyes out her sockets at all.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite nodded and, looking at the book, squinted his eyes in concentration. When nothing happened he frowned and reached a hoof up to rub at his horn's stump. "Oh, right. Um, could you turn back to where you were in the book? Catch me up so we could...read together?"

Galaxy blinked at the question. She knew what it was he really wanted to do, she could tell by the way he fidgeted in his bed and looked at her so hungrily. Still, she decided to humor him for a while. The gem-eyed unicorn walked closer to the bed, setting her suitcase down beside it and idly lifting a forehoof to balance on the top of the metal device. She smiled at him. "I can personally assure you that these are the most perfect fire rubies that have ever been seen by ponykind. They were a gift from the emperor of the dragons after a helped him with a...discreet matter. Politics, you wouldn't be interested. What you might be interested in is that just one of these would probably be enough to, oh..."

She paused here to do some silent calculations. "Buy Grand Castilia. By the way, what did you say your name was?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

Crap, crap, crap. What did that nurse call me earlier? "Lavender. Locke Lavender. Some ponies call me LL, I used to act in a traveling theater troupe. I was known for playing the role of the 'King in I Want to Be Your Canary'."
The best lies are partly truth, half my name is Locke acfter all. And I did work with those theater thief guys a couple times.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Oh, really?" Galaxy sat down next to the bed. "I've never been much for theater. Science, that's what's always gotten me...interested. Tell me, would you happen to be the same Locke I heard was involved in that mansion trouble late last night? The same trouble my beloved Penwrite lost his horn from?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

A thank money, she doesn't think I'm a thief. He didn't look into Glaxies eyes too much. He kept sweithcing between them and whatever else he could look at. Everytime he did look in her eyes though the disgusting urge to take them appeard in hsi head, though he had no idea how he'd do it. "So tthats his name. Yeah I was there, but I wasn't there with him. He saved my dang life though. We were under attack from some freaky monster thing that was trying to kill all of us. Anyway he maneged to kill by cutting his own horn off and doing... something. I dunno I hit my head and didn't see too well. His aim still sucks though. Can't hit the broads side of something broad.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

==== Back in the Library, in Navy's loft ====
Penwrite wrote:Penwrite nodded and, looking at the book, squinted his eyes in concentration. When nothing happened he frowned and reached a hoof up to rub at his horn's stump. "Oh, right. Um, could you turn back to where you were in the book? Catch me up so we could...read together?"
Navy nodded, reaching forward to open the book, as well as her notes next to it, which she used to brielfly go over the important details, as well as her thoughts on the matter. She told him about how 12 year old Hateful had been given the journal to write in, and how he was supposed to be sent off to train in the military. (she also mentioned the ony-griffon war, which broke out right after that.) She explained how princess Luna had come to visit them, how Hateful had written up a piemaker, a young unicorn he'd been fond of, the implications of it all...

Then they got to the last part she'd been reading, and she began to read it aloud. She read about the moon raising, the meting in the lounge, the duels, and then... What happened when Luna had stepped in....

======== Shade Manor: 1000 years previously. ========
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Fire... Fire everywhere... It was consuming his body from all angles... He felt his hooves melting into the hard rock beneath his feet, the whole world seemed to be shaking around him with screams of torment, which howled in a burning and dusty wind... He looked to the sky, looking for something to focus on... Blood... The sky was a bubbling whirl of blood and tar, the landscape around him an inferno of torture. He opened his mouth and began to scream in terror, but it was merely one more scream in a sea of torment and anguish... His head whipped back and fourth as he screamed now, his eyes nearly rolling back into his head with shock...
Then he saw her...
A beautiful dark blue mare, much taller than him, stepped into this world... Her mane, a vision of the night sky, seemed to blow calmly in the howling wind of screams. Her eyes radiated serenity as she stared into his... She knelt down next to him, embracing him with her forelegs and wings, comforting him and taking his pain away... He felt himself being taken away from the horrible place, the world around him fading into serenity as it became the surface of the moon... He pressed back into her and started crying, feeling her gentle touch as the eternal being held him like her child...
It was the most indescribably incredible experience of his life...
Hateful Shade felt himself being pulled back away with the goddess, and the moon faded out from around them, the lounge fading in... Home... He was home... Standing in the same spot, it was as if his body had never left the room...
Princess Luna let go of him, stepping back as he straightened up, looking around. His parents rushed to his side to
Melody hugged him tight, frantically checking his body, "Oh Hate, your hair! Are you alright?"
Integrity hugged him from the other side, panting from the scare, "What was that?" asked, looking at the Princess.
"Oh, I pushed him too hard, and he lost control." she explained, "Hateful is drawing power from another plane of existence, one with an immense amount of potential energy. When he drew too much, he opened a small rift between planes. I take full responsibility for this, as it was I who pushed him too far, and I do apologize." She strode over to the chairs and began replacing her regalia.
Hate pushed his parents off weakly, and shook the ashes off, "I'm... Fine... I think I'm fine..." He looked at the ground, noticing the charring around his hooves where the ground had been burnt. He also noticed spots on the walls which looked like they'd had holes burnt in them. He blinked, "What... What happened in here?"
Luna waved a hoof, "Worry not about it, Hate, I will explain in due time." She lowered the tiara onto her head, "We have more important matters to discuss." She turned back and walked over to him, "Now, this power of yours... has great potential. If you could harness it, you could well have the power to affect the sun and moon without me or my sister: quite a feat for a single Unicorn."
Hate blinked, "Affect... The sun and moon?"
Luna nodded, "With this power, however, you may also cause great destruction... In fact, had I not been here to stop you, you may well have leveled your own manor, and perhaps even your holdings with it..." She seemed a bit unnerved as she said this, discomforted by the idea of what else he might accidentally do with these powers...
Hate sat down, staring at her, "But..." He shook his head a little, "The town of Castilia? That's..." he shook his head more, trying to take that in...
Luna sat on the floor in front of them, "Yes Hateful Shade. You posses a great and dangerous power. With proper training, you would be a great asset to our kingdom, but without it..." she gestured to the floor beneath him, causing him to glance down at the place where the carpet had been stripped to the charred floorboards. "As your regent, I have a duty to prevent such an event from occurring in the future."
Hate felt his stomach drop at that one, the sudden formality of her tone giving him the horrible feeling that she was about to do something awful to him... His mother and father leaned in to hug him a little again, also noticing what she'd just implied.
Luna noticed, so she shook her head, dropping her mannerisms slightly, "No! No no no... Why is it that everypony seems to think I'm going to kill them or something? Honestly, I thought better of you Integrity." She sighed, shaking her head, "No, I mean to say that I must do something to prevent such an occurrence from taking place... And there-fore, we are left with two options..." She sighed, giving him a look of dismay, "The first, is that I remove your magical abilities."
Hate cringed at the idea: his magic? He loved his magic, "But, princess... What would become of me then? I am no Earth Mover, and I have no wings..."
The princess raised a hoof, "Do not worry Hateful, I am fully capable of replacing your horn with a pair of wings. Your magic would be gone forever, but you would learn to fly and move the clouds as the Pegasi do." she put the hoof back down, still looking at him with grave seriousness, "With your horn, you would be a danger to all of Equestria, but this way you could live out your life as a Pegasus, gifted with the freedom of flight. Would you accept this offer?"
Hate stared at her, tears beginning to form in his eyes: he was talented with magic, he loved his magic. He loved reading his books, turning the pages with magic. He loved the feeling of it as it arced through his body. He was able to use it for so much and... And... The military... In the military, Pegasi were front-line troops... He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth at the thought of being torn apart and devoured by a griffon... He held himself back from sobbing, "No! I don't want to be a Pegasus, I am a Unicorn!"
Princess Luna nodded, "I see... Then there is one alternative..."
Hate opened his eyes, "Anything! Whatever you ask, I will do..."
She stared back, her demeanor unchanging, "If you are to retain your powers, then you MUST learn to control and harness them, so that you do not bring accidental destruction to these lands." She raised that hoof again, she liked to do that apparently, "This would, of course, require careful, and expert tutelage. You would be taken to libraries in Fort Canterlot, the Everfree Palace. It would be a hard road, and you may not see much of your family again. You would, in essence, become a reclusive scholar, sentenced to constant study until you controlled your power, and then..." she looked at him, "Well... Such tutelage would be quite costly, and a debt such as this would need to be repaid in full..." She looked at him sternly now, "Would you take this offer?"
Hate glanced from side to side... He didn't want to be a Pegasus, but he didn't want to be a danger to Equestria... The princess was suggesting something extreme, but not anything he wasn't willing to do. To be honest, he'd be a fool NOT to take the offer... He straightened himself up, staring back at her as he gave his answer, "I accept, your highness. Gladly." He bowed his head in submission to her will.
The princess glanced at Melody and Integrity, "Melody, Integrity, I am going to take your child from you. You both consent to this?"
His parents glanced at him with worry, but slowly nodded, accepting the decision.
The princess smirked, rising to her hooves, "Very well then! It is settled!" She stepped forward, "Hateful Shade:" she raised a hoof, "By royal decree, I hereby claim you for the throne of Equisteria, and declare that from this day fourth you shall serve me as my Apprentice..."

======== Grand Castilia Library: Present Day ========
Navy continued to read aloud as she went over that whole long part about the princess making him her apprentice.
That night, Hateful Shade wrote:.......
I have no idea what happened to me when I lost control, only that the place I went to was impossibly horrible. Was that place of torment and fire the place where I drew power from? I must ask Princess Lu My Master for information on this at some future point. I have not disclosed this to any of my family members yet, and do not plan to trouble them. My siblings, however, have told me that, in the time where I was in that place, my hooves caught fire, and I began to shoot embers in every direction... My mane and tail have been ruined by the fire, and are now ragged instead of straight, and the fur has been burned from my fetlocks, leaving my hooves bare. My horn and coat seem to have darkened as well, probably from the fire, and taking a bath did not seem to help.

As for my fate... I could not be more pleased. Of course, I do worry about the difficulty, and I do worry about the consequences should I fail to meet her expectations, but... The apprentice of the Princess herself? The Night Mare, Master of the Moon? There could be no greater honor given to a pony! Truly, I shall apply myself more closely than ever before!

I leave with Luna in the afternoon. I shall retire early to be in full readiness...
- Hateful Shade
Navy stared at the page, thinking now, "So.... Hateful... His power was comparable to Princess Luna.... When he was... TWELVE?" She cringed: When she'd seen Hate earlier in the night, he'd been alot older...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Power isn't everything," said Penwrite. "Intelligence, training, and knowledge are what really make a magic user dangerous. And it sounds like Hate had...has, it all."

Galaxy beamed. "That's my Penwrite, always wanting to be the hero he writes about in his novels. Do you have any idea where I might find him?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:"Power isn't everything," said Penwrite. "Intelligence, training, and knowledge are what really make a magic user dangerous. And it sounds like Hate had...has, it all."
Navy shook her head with worry, "He was the apprentice of a Goddess... Not just a powerful Unicorn, but the Goddess who raises the moon, who kept Princess Celestia from raising the sun for... who knows how long..." She shook her head more as it continued to dawn on her, "And if I'm right... He fought in the Pony-Griffon war... Which means..." She trailed off as she leaned into him, wrapping her foreleg around him again with fear, "...I've unleashed one of the most dangerous ponies in the history of Equestria... And now we're trying to stop him..." She lowered her voice to a whisper, "I... I don't think we can do it..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Suddenly, Penwrite grabbed hold of Navy by the shoulders and shook her."Of course we can beat him! There's no doubt in my mind about that!" He looked her in the eyes, suddenly all confidence and grins. He didn't know where this was coming from, but he wasn't going to complain. "Remember, Navy. Hate is all alone. No matter how powerful he is, how intelligent, how ruthless, or how experienced he is, Hateful Shade is alone. And we aren't. You, me, Shin, Sunny, even Locke, we're in this together now. Nothing's gonna stop us now."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy looked back into his eyes, "You... You think so?" she asked. She gave a little sigh, "Well... If you think we've got a shot... Then I guess we can't be that bad off..." she glanced back at the book, "Still... This is the pony who tried to kill Princess Celestia multiple times, and survived... We can't take any of this lightly..." She sighed, pushing away from him and glancing out the window: the sun would start coming up soon. She reached forward and closed the books, "It's... It's really late... We should get some sleep..." she sighed, resting her head on her friend's shoulder, "But I dunno how I'm gonna manage that..." she sighed, giving a weak smile, "I feel like that mare in that book you wrote: Whinny of Colt'hulu... The one where they're fighting that proto-god who's going to end the world..." she sighed against him, "I feel like the world's gonna end tonight or something..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ctcmjh wrote:When Moon Dancer interjected, she smiled widely, "I'm Sunset Mirage! But everyone calls me Sunset! And my sister calls me Sunny, nobody else, though. I really like your mane!"
"Nice to meet you, Sunset. And thanks. The highlights are pretty hard to come by when almost everypony has such colorful hair," she laughed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke thought to himself for a moment. Shouldn't he be here? If he was she wouldn't need to ask. How the heck does somepony just leave the hospital after losing a horn. I mean I could leave right now but there's no way I'm giving a bed. "No clue, I don't even know who he is really. Check with the nurses or something. He shrugged before flipping himself over so he faced the wall. "No if you don't mind, it's really really late and I have sleeping to do. Talk to you more about those eyes some other time."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite frowned. "Well, he let us leave the mansion, risking us alerting the princesses. So either he's really confident and therefore easier to surprise, or he isn't interested in taking over the world right now. Either way, I don't think we need to worry about tonight." He yawned. "Mmm...we should probably both get some sleep. Um...do you have a spare bedroom or something?"

Galaxy nodded and, picking up her special briefcase with her magic, turned to leave. "Okay then. By the way, fair warning, try to steal my eyes and a magical shock will burn out every nerve ending in your body. Sleep well!" With that she left to continue her search for Penwrite, deciding to check back up on Shin.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite frowned. "Well, he let us leave the mansion, risking us alerting the princesses. So either he's really confident and therefore easier to surprise, or he isn't interested in taking over the world right now. Either way, I don't think we need to worry about tonight." He yawned. "Mmm...we should probably both get some sleep. Um...do you have a spare bedroom or something?"
Navy gave a sheepish grin, "No... uh... But I don't really feel like sleeping alone tonight... And the bed's pretty big... Heh heh heh..." she left what she was implying for him to pick up himself.
Navy sighed, "I guess you're right: "Equisteria" has changed alot in the past thousand years, Hateful's going to need some time to prepare before he sets up an attack... He might just be laying low until then..." she sat up a little, "So... feel like spending the night here? It's a bit... late to be walking home..." she glanced at the window again before looking back to him.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"I had no clue how I'd do it anyway. Good luck or whatever" I like a girl who can give a death threat. This is a nice town. With that Locke began his decent into sleep.

Ah yes, being the dragon breed feels good. Time to destroy earth!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite blushed once more as the meaning of Navy's words sank in. He gave a sheepish grin of his own, silently giving thanks to Luna, Celestia, and any other a's that might have been responsible for his good luck. "S-sure, I could spend the night...I-I mean, if you really want me...to..." He gulped and decided to shut up, lest he say something stupid.

Galaxy, meanwhile, decided to just leave the hospital for the night and go back to Penwrite's place. It was either really late or really early, it didn't matter. She could resume her search for Penwrite and investigation into what happened in the morning.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Nice to meet you, Sunset. And thanks. The highlights are pretty hard to come by when almost everypony has such colorful hair," she laughed.
"Yeah, I know what you mean!" She laughed along side her, "So, where are you from?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, we were both born here in Equestria, but we moved out east to neighppon when I was just a little filly. We decided to move back to get in touch with the Equestrian side of our heritage."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon exited the building thinking.
Okay, I have Locke under control now. One more variable erased from the board. Now I need to figure out if the legend that they are babbling about is true.
Daemon then thought, then sighed. He already knew the only course of action.
Hateful Shade right? How do I know it wasn't just a crazy pretending to be Hateful Shade? I need proof. I need to go to house and hope that I can talk to him. Since most of them said something about entering the house, I won't do that and just stay right out in front. I'll even knock. Daemon planned carefully. He came to this town to relax, but if cultists were flying around, he wouldn't get that. That is if Shade is the real Shade, and if his motives are still the same as the legends go.

I got to know what he wants before I do anything dumb. Daemon thought out.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, we were both born here in Equestria, but we moved out east to neighppon when I was just a little filly. We decided to move back to get in touch with the Equestrian side of our heritage."
Sunset beamed, "Ooh, Neighppon? I heard that place is really nice! I've always wanted to visit!" She said, "If you want to get in touch with your Equestrian side, I might be able to help you, I'm born in Canterlot, raised in Phillydelphia, lived in Seaddle for a while, and now live here in Grand Castillia, so I've been all over Equestria!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite blushed once more as the meaning of Navy's words sank in. He gave a sheepish grin of his own, silently giving thanks to Luna, Celestia, and any other a's that might have been responsible for his good luck. "S-sure, I could spend the night...I-I mean, if you really want me...to..." He gulped and decided to shut up, lest he say something stupid.
"Sure," Navy said, giving Penwrite a little hug with her foreleg, "I mean, we've been friends for a while right? Sleepovers are fun!" she gave a little chuckle as she got up and went to her front door. "Gimme a minute to lock the back doors, ok? You shouldn't've been able to get in through them, and the thought of them being open right now makes me nervous..." she stood next to the door to her loft, her hoof on the handle, adding, "Oh, could you close the curtains for me while you're up here? I can afford to sleep in a bit, and we're gonna need some extra rest-time... Feel free to make yourself comfortable after that..." She opened the door and walked out...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite closed the blinds as Navy asked him to, only then realizing how tired he was. A great big yawn left him as he trudged slowly to Navy's bed, climbing in and snuggling down into the covers. He made sure to keep to one edge, so that Navy had plenty of room to herself.

[Galaxy is sleeping, and out of the rp until the next day starts.]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy went downstairs and locked the door, quickly wishing she'd brought Penwrite with her... she tiptoed back up to her loft, locking the other doors behind her before sneaking back into her quarters, setting all the locks on that door tightly... Then she began looking carefully through the rooms in her quarters, just to make sure there wasn't a monster hiding somewhere in there... Then she scooted a chair along the floor, somewhat loudly, and propped it against the door handle, barring it shut... Then she picked up her reading-lantern and went back into her bedroom, locking that door behind her too before checking under her bed, right next to where Penwrite was lying. She glanced up at him, speaking around the lantern-handle in her teeth, "Oh, uh... Hi... Can't be too careful... heh...." She walked to her side of the bed and set the lantern on the nightstand and tossed back the covers before flopping exhausted onto the bed...

She sighed pulled one of the covers onto herself, then rolled over to look at Penwrite, "Hey, Pen...?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ctcmjh wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, we were both born here in Equestria, but we moved out east to neighppon when I was just a little filly. We decided to move back to get in touch with the Equestrian side of our heritage."
Sunset beamed, "Ooh, Neighppon? I heard that place is really nice! I've always wanted to visit!" She said, "If you want to get in touch with your Equestrian side, I might be able to help you, I'm born in Canterlot, raised in Phillydelphia, lived in Seaddle for a while, and now live here in Grand Castillia, so I've been all over Equestria!"
Shin had gone back to writing manga ideas, but was still listening. "Yeah, I need to know a bit more about everyday life here if I want to sell my stories, So I could use somepony who's been all around Equestria."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite looked over at Navy, amused but understanding of the lengths she had just gone through to secure the room. "Yes?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy reached over and stroked his chest with a hoof, "Thanks for sleeping over... It makes me feel... safer... that you're here..." She smirked slightly, rolling over a little more to wrap her foreleg around him in a little hug, "Also, I hope you're comfortable in my bed: I know you've got a bit of a 'thing' for me, so I figured this would be..." she nuzzled his ear a bit, "pleasant... for you..." She pulled off, rolling back onto her back with a giggle, "I'll try not to snore or anything, you go ahead and have your dreams about the librarians in your last few books, who have mysteriously all been attractive mares with similar names to me..." she giggled again, "I won't tell..." she grinned and shut her eyes, containing her giggling...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Shin had gone back to writing manga ideas, but was still listening. "Yeah, I need to know a bit more about everyday life here if I want to sell my stories, So I could use somepony who's been all around Equestria."
"Like I said, I'm more than happy to help! In return, you should teach me more about Neighpponn, since I'd like to travel there sometime!" Sunset replied, very enthused.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Sure thing. Now I'm actually pretty tired. wing loss and blood transfusion really took it out of me, I guess. You're welcome to stay here with me and Moon for the night if you want. I'm not sure if the nurses would be okay with it though."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets