The '10s

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: The '10s

Post by Sleet »

I don't like the expectation to have one, anyway. I don't particularly mind if other people have them.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

well see now you keep changing your story :P
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Seth wrote:I don't mind apple, they just need some competition to break up their monopoly on mp3 players

And I can definitely see the benefits of a landline, but I can see how a super edgy 90'd kid like sleet sees them as superfluous
I unlocked my music and ported it to Google Music and Amazon Cloud. I am never going back to iTunes.

EDIT: I also see many flaws with Project Glass. The first things that came to my mind when I saw that were headaches and seizures. No matter how much they toy with the software, it will still be like having a monitor right in front of your face. I do see why they would make POV cameras (they already exist), but they probably will never be as good as a DSLR or even a point-and-shoot for the same reasons that camera phones aren't as good as DSLRs and point-and-shoots.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hmm... what features have current '10s in my opinion?

First is that in modern times, people mainly browse YouTube or something similar to it to watch something instead of jumping on couch and launching TV. But that also is because current life heavily depends from internet, which allows us to gain quick information.

Also, advertisements. They're totally everywhere. On every inch of wall, in TV where they annoy by making pauses when we watch a good movie and they also got into internet, incredibly annoying me because there's no way to turn them off, no matter if I read some article or watch something.

Copyrights. Today you can get into serious trouble if you'll take a snapshot and somewhere in background is Coca-Cola trademark or other thing.

Good music died. Last good music I heard was in '90s. Now it's just people who believe they are talented and jump on scene, make a show around themselves and breath out something. So instead of music, I get a popculture mash.

Today when they make some awesome stuff, it's like 5-6 months until it will break. Why is it like that? Because companies that produce those products are intentionally producing them with a flaw, so client can come back soon to buy another. If it was pure perfect and last like 10 - 20 years, company would loose money on that.

But also what's interesting is the fact that I start to feel that my times are getting similar to times of other people who live in different countries. It may be weird for you, but since most of you live in U.S. , your '90s were way different than mine. You lived in period of freedom and prosperity, while me, as a kid who was born in Poland, remember the era we call Transformation, which was totally something else. now it;s other way around. At least for me.
I'm a bookworm!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Karlos wrote:Good music died. Last good music I heard was in '90s. Now it's just people who believe they are talented and jump on scene, make a show around themselves and breath out something. So instead of music, I get a popculture mash.
Don't listen to top 40 radio. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Karlos wrote:Hmm... what features have current '10s in my opinion?

First is that in modern times, people mainly browse YouTube or something similar to it to watch something instead of jumping on couch and launching TV. But that also is because current life heavily depends from internet, which allows us to gain quick information.

Also, advertisements. They're totally everywhere. On every inch of wall, in TV where they annoy by making pauses when we watch a good movie and they also got into internet, incredibly annoying me because there's no way to turn them off, no matter if I read some article or watch something.

Copyrights. Today you can get into serious trouble if you'll take a snapshot and somewhere in background is Coca-Cola trademark or other thing.

Good music died. Last good music I heard was in '90s. Now it's just people who believe they are talented and jump on scene, make a show around themselves and breath out something. So instead of music, I get a popculture mash.

Today when they make some awesome stuff, it's like 5-6 months until it will break. Why is it like that? Because companies that produce those products are intentionally producing them with a flaw, so client can come back soon to buy another. If it was pure perfect and last like 10 - 20 years, company would loose money on that.

But also what's interesting is the fact that I start to feel that my times are getting similar to times of other people who live in different countries. It may be weird for you, but since most of you live in U.S. , your '90s were way different than mine. You lived in period of freedom and prosperity, while me, as a kid who was born in Poland, remember the era we call Transformation, which was totally something else. now it;s other way around. At least for me.
If you can't find any good music you aren't trying hard enough.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sleet wrote:Don't listen to top 40 radio. :3
I'm trying, but somehow it always finds a way to get to me when I drive a car :/
Seth wrote:If you can't find any good music you aren't trying hard enough.
Problem is not in finding music. Problem is that wherever I am in the city, watch TV or try to listen to radio, I always get showered with a junk.
I'm a bookworm!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

You know what, there is good music, a lot of it. You know what, I'm not afraid to say this, at her best, Lady Gaga has some good and interesting music, and at her worst it is catchy and memorable. Yes, burn the heretic! Get it out of your systems.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm with Wolverine as long as he doesn't say the same about Justin Bieber.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Who? Is that the guy in my freshmen year Physics class? The one who threw the book. I think so.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Karl

Post by Karl »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:You know what, I'm not afraid to say this, at her best, Lady Gaga has some good and interesting music, and at her worst it is catchy and memorable.
I dunno... for me she's more into commerce than actually singing. Somehow her style doesn't appeal to me, but of course everyone have their own tastes.
I'm a bookworm!