HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke kept staggering towards what he knew was certain death, still trying to talk to Hubert.

"Hubert,i-is it me, or t-the city?"

Duke still feeling weak and in pain, caught his balance on a tree and used it the leverage himself for minute, trying to rest for a second as the crimson still came from him, but was slower as the healing was working its way in him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The last of the flames disappeared under the hunter's brutal fury. "Say hello to my jaws, foxy!" Janus jumped--and disappeared. Just like that, like a bad dream from which you suddenly awake.
"I had warned you," said the floating eyes. Then, they turned to Duke. "Don't strain yourself. you are weak because I am accelerating your healing, but it's sapping your energies. Now rest, mortal. You are not in danger. The city is not in danger.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke just look on as Janus made a jump for him, but before any attack had been completed Janus dissappeared out of thin air, Duke wasn't sure whether to be relived or scared but with Huberts advice he just slumped down against the tree, having just a little bit of strength he didn't want to move at all, just sit there and try to recover, he could still feel the warm substance on his fur, his muscles still ached but thanks to Hubert he'd get through it all in one piece. For right now he just leaned back against the tree, wincing at the occasional spout of pain shooting through his body and tried to close his eyes and rest.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'd need some sleep before doing anything," Buster said. "It's been a long, confusing day. I'll go home and take a nap for a couple hours, then head over." The rabbit yawned as he finished his sentence. "That is, if I can even sleep."

Sounds like a plan to me.
"If you want to stay at my place until we go to Janus's, You're welcome to. I have a couch in my room that you could sleep on."
(OOC: is Hubert actually gone or is he doing all the stuff with the hunter remotely?)
Sure, I didn't really want to be alone tonight anyway. Too much crazy stuff going on. Gage shivered a bit and looked towards the forest. You sure your owners won't mind?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Seth wrote:Sure, I didn't really want to be alone tonight anyway. Too much crazy stuff going on. Gage shivered a bit and looked towards the forest. You sure your owners won't mind?
"I'm very good at convincing people to do things. I just need to tell my mom that I need a friend with me because I've had a bad day."
When they had reached his home, he turned to say goodbye to Hubert, but noticed that he was currently distracted.
"Hubert? Why are you distracted?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles followed behind Rena, marvelling at the skill she had.

Duke we're coming! Just hold on! Miles thought to him.

"I just hope he's not hurt too bad," Miles said, "But dang, your good, you picked that up right away."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Duke has wandered into the hunter's territory and was attacked. He's alive, I sent the hunter to a safer location, but he is in pain. Miles and rena have gone to help the fox already. You might want to go too, though at this stage it is not necessary."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

xhunterko wrote:Miles followed behind Rena, marvelling at the skill she had.

Duke we're coming! Just hold on! Miles thought to him.

"I just hope he's not hurt too bad," Miles said, "But dang, your good, you picked that up right away."
Rena hadn't even noticed Miles was following her, so she, mildly frightened, had shot up into a defensive position facing him as he spoke. After she'd figured out who it was though, since he lacked a scent, she let out a sigh of relief. "Miles, please tell me when you're following me... Y'all almost gave me a heart attack." She said before immediately dropping back down onto all fours and sniffing about to get back on Duke's trail.

It wasn't long after she'd picked up his scent and started following it again that her nose brushed across something that made a slight clinking noise. Stepping back and sniffing at the ground for a moment before grabbing something, Rena stood up holding a black collar. "Duke? Duke! Can you hear me?" She called out, hoping he hadn't gone too far from the area.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke still sat against the tree, dozing in an out of unconsciousness the lack of crimson that had already left him doing its toll, but slightly he could hear Rena's voice from far off, he tried to call out but instead of a loud cry for help it sounded more like a slight whine, pain causing him to abruptly cut it short, he thad thought about trying to get up and stumble to them but seeing as he had no idea where exactly he was, he'd probably be going around in circles and hurting his situation more so, but he just hoped they would find him.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"Duke has wandered into the hunter's territory and was attacked. He's alive, I sent the hunter to a safer location, but he is in pain. Miles and rena have gone to help the fox already. You might want to go too, though at this stage it is not necessary."
I don't about you Buster but I'm gonna go have a look.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:I don't about you Buster but I'm gonna go have a look.
Buster looked at his home, then sighed. "I guess I'd be a pretty crappy friend if I didn't go try to help with the trouble caused by my soon to be boyfriend's evil second identity."
He turned back to go towards the woods. "Take us to Duke, Hubert... can you just teleport us there or something? I don't know how far ghost powers go."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Eh heh, I thought it was a given that I'd come with, sorry, heh," he said. Then when Rena foudn Dukes collar, Miles sighed in frustration for a moment. Then he caught wind of it.

"Rena, do you smell oof, you, smell, that, right?" He said, standing still and sniffing up. Miles went a little queezy smelling the fresh red drips close to the area.

DUKE! Duke where you at? Think something, anything towards me! He thought to him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I can do that, this time. But watch it, it's a...disorienting experience when longer distances are involved." A fraction of second later, just as the corgi and the rabbit where walking, the next step they took brought them in proximity of Duke.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke was just on the edge of unconsciousness, the thought so appealing until another thought intruded in his mind, this shocked him from his daze and it took him a second to realize that it was Miles speaking to him in his head, which also brought a bit of pain to him but that was the least of his issues. He pulled what strength he had to speak back, now realizing how much concentration it takes to do this.

I-i have no idea where i'm at... Janus, he. He ambushed me"

Just as Duke had finished as was wincing yet again from the internal and external bouts of pain, had he any real strength at the moment he would have shot up into the tree he was sitting against when Gage and Buster somehow appeared right next to him, he was completely shocked and to say the least a little scared but after the feeling had passed and the pain had worked its way back to him he turned back forward knowing they'd find him like ths he felt a little ashamed but knew he couldn't do anything about it.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

All right, we're almost there. Hang tight! He thought back.

"Come on, this way," he said, trying to ignore the growing smell of blood and the odd tint of ion in the air. The area had a strange aura to it that caused Miles to shudder.

I wonder if Rena's getting any of this. She is a psychic after all. Right? He thought to himself. As Miles went through the trees, he passed by the tree that had been split in half by Hubert.

"Whoah," he said aloud. Then he turned and saw not only him, but, shockingly Buster and Gage.

"Uhhh?" He said pointing to the both of them with a quizical look on his face.
Last edited by xhunterko on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster was looking a little green but fought the urge to throw up.

When he saw Miles show up, looking a bit confused at their prescence, he said "teleportation. now we have a friend to help."

(OOC: quick reminder, Seth is in our group, so don't post too much before he can respond.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

xhunterko wrote:All right, we're almost there. Hang tight! He thought back.

"Come on, this way," he said, trying to ignore the growing smell of blood and the odd tint of ion in the air. The area had a strange aura to it that caused Miles to shudder.

As Miles went through the trees, he passed by the tree that had been split in half by Hubert.

"Whoah," he said aloud. Then he turned and saw not only him, but, shockingly Buster and Gage.

"Uhhh?" He said pointing to the both of them with a quizical look on his face.
"Nice to see you've not got some weak stomach, Miles, now just light the place up and keep your eyes peeled, we don't want anything catching us off guard." She said, jogging over to the figure that smelled strongest of blood. "Duke, You alright?" She asked, kneeling down near him, pretty much ignoring Gage and Buster's presence.
Love me right now! Done.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus landed with a *huff* against the grass.
He immediately stood up, panting and growling. "Why, that little sneaky lizard. I'd rip his guts if he had any corporeal--" Then he saw what stood before him: a herd of deers, looking quizzically at that sudden apparition.
Janus grinned as he started to drool. Perhaps this night wouldn't be a complete waste after all. "Well, hel-LO, dinner!"
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

musclecar326 wrote:
Shirosune wrote:"Yeah, though I'd need to be able to give dad advanced notice if I'm gonna be out late." The fox answered Rex's question with a small smile. "Anyway, see ya guys around!" He called as he stood up with the glasses and headed inside.

Thanks for the water! Bye, see you tomorrow. Mason called to Sigurd.

So, off to your house then right Rex? He asked.
The GSD nodded "Yes, just have to take it easy this time. No running."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage kneeled next to Rena to get a closer look I don't think we need to worry too much, apparently Hubert teleported Janus somewhere else.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Which, is still good at any rate," Miles said. Then he shook off the disguise and burst the area in a blue glow. Then he noticed how bad Duke's condition was.

Whoah buddy. You almost gave Applegate another ghost. Jeeze. Miles thought to him. Getting close and kneeling to look him over.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke even throught the iron blood smell could faintly sense Rena coming, along with Buster and Gage who were already there. He was very skeptical of her reason to be there, but as she knelt beside him and asked him how he was he was a bit comforted to see that she wasn't here to rip him apart. But seeing as how the damage was obvious Duke gave her a bit of a look.

"Somewhat. Hubert I think is healing me."

When Gage appeared he gave a slight smile and nodded in agreement, wincing a bit more from another feeling of pain, he could tell the healing was working, some of the small cuts were starting to heal up but the bigger ones were still open and fresh, occasionally leaking the crimson that he now over his body, painting parts of his fur. When Miles lit up the area Duke even saw more of what occured to him, the handiwork of Janus but as Mile knelt down and protruded his mind with another thought he smiled a bit more.

"Well i'm glad to see your having a time with this heh"

Duke kept leaning back against the tree somehwat switching his sight between the others around him.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Heh. Anything to keep you with us. Dang man. Miles thought back to Duke. He gave him a good look over, noticing the small bits of healing here and there. But there was still a lot to be done.

"Okay. NOW we need to take him somewhere," Miles said, "Cause I really don't think travelling will do you any good tonight. Sigh. Will the emergency room take him? Or can you manage all of it Hubert? And a weak stomach? Jeeze Rena I woke up from death with a tree stuck in me, sheesh. Weak stomach." He added with a playful eye roll.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I'm not sure we should move him, I don't think there's a hospital in town anyway.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"plus I somehow doubt Duke has the insurance to pay for medical treatment. But we have to do something."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"That's why I said, emergency room," Miles said, "I do believe that some organizations will treat anything or anyone for free. Or from what I've heard lately. Let us know when you can stand Duke. Okay?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"An emergency room's unnecessary, but we need to do a little patch up though, to slow, and possibly stop, the bleedin'." Rena said, producing a good length of gauze, several anti-bacterial wipes, and a good length of thin cloth to wrap around wounds to hold the gauze in place. "You're lucky I didn't think of unpacking, Duke." She said as she opened one of the wipes. "Now then, where's the worst of it?"
Love me right now! Done.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke listened to the group discuss what to do, he knew no hospital would treat a feral but they were right, even with Huberts wonderful healing if something wasn't done he could possibly bleed out, Duke started going through the grim thoughts when Rena brought out a few medical supplies. He recognized them from other scavenges through camps, they worked wonders whenever he got hurt, but even at that he still was a little thrown off that Rena was so quick to produce such materials for him, but he tried to keep a level head and answer her question the best he could.

"Aghh er, I can feel a few gashes around my legs and ahh my back and chest is torn up a bit, then if you get the er stomach for it..."
Duke starting to feel alot of pain from moving around leaned over, away from Rena and then he reached his arm back as if searching for something, then when he hit the spot he yalped a little and turned a bit more to reveal about an inch of Oak jutting from his thigh, he couldn't feel it due to the way he was positioned until he was moving about, he could tell it wan't deep but it was enough to be stuck in there and would need to be removed. The crimson soaked wound slowly dripped the substance, as DUke turned back over to reveal a slight grimace towards the others, still feeling a little ashamed of himself.

"I don't know if you're up for it, but it needs to be removed"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster walked up to Rena and asked "umm... Is there anything I can do to help? I don't like feeling uselessness."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Dude, what the heck happened? Dang man." Miles said to Duke. Astonished at the amount of damage that'd been done. Then Miles used his hands as light spots, highlighting the areas that Duke had indicated.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

"Oh ####" Gage muttered under his breath. Rena what do you need me and Buster to do? I have no idea how to deal with this stuff.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena let out an audible breath of air, going over all the training she'd ever received in her head. "Miles, I need you and Gage keeping an eye out for small time predators and scavengers, either could be a serious threat to an injured fox, Buster, I'll need extra hands while applying the bandaging, Duke... I'm gonna try an' make sure I can get you back to my place, an' I'm sorry, but it's going to hurt a little, but it's all for the better." She said without taking her eyes from the bit of wood stuck in Duke's leg.

"Now then, anybody got anything sharp enough to cut with on them?" She asked, starting to clean the area around the chunk of oak.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:Rena let out an audible breath of air, going over all the training she'd ever received in her head. "Miles, I need you and Gage keeping an eye out for small time predators and scavengers, either could be a serious threat to an injured fox, Buster, I'll need extra hands while applying the bandaging, Duke... I'm gonna try an' make sure I can get you back to my place, an' I'm sorry, but it's going to hurt a little, but it's all for the better." She said without taking her eyes from the bit of wood stuck in Duke's leg.

"Now then, anybody got anything sharp enough to cut with on them?" She asked, starting to clean the area around the chunk of oak.
Buster reached into the bag he still had and pulled out the knife he kept with his kunai. "Is this sharp enough?" he asked, offering it to Rena as he knelt next to Duke to help with the bandaging.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:"Dude, what the heck happened? Dang man." Miles said to Duke. Astonished at the amount of damage that'd been done. Then Miles used his hands as light spots, highlighting the areas that Duke had indicated.
"It was that Janus yall were talking about, he amushed me out of no where, dang.... it was over as soon as it began. Though like any person would care."

He barely muttered the last part under his breath, giving a cautious look around, than as Rena started to assess the wounds and give everyone their job, he couldn't help but feel a little bad about the earlier incidents.

"Don't worry about the pain, i'll be fine but be careful of the predators, i've gotta be stinkin up the whole forest"

When Duke heard about the cutting he got a little nervous and anxious, and it wasnt helped from the sight of the blade but he knew even if he tried to fight it he didn't have the strength so he just had to trust her and hope she still had good intentions.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The whisp of a flame over Buster's shoulder announced the appearance of Hubert. "I care. Or you would be dead, by now." then he gestured and more flames licked toe fox's wounds. "You will discover your pain is gone, but do not think you can stress your body, not in these conditions. This solution is temporary and meant for the others to cure you. Oh, and worry not about the other predators: the hunter scared them off."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I was gonna say, but the devil said it for me, heh," Miles said, "So, how'd that chunk of tree get in there?"

Someone doesn't have good experiences with others I take it? Miles thought to Duke.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I had to recourse to...drastic measures, to separate the hunter and Duke."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Thank you, Sir trips-a-lot." Rena said sarcastically to Hubert as she took the knife from Buster and started to feel the edge. "Now get out of here since your work is done, not to mention how wrong you are about "The hunter" having scared off other predators. It doesn't exactly work like that. If anything, whatever that boom was scared them off, and even then, a hungry predator would ignore signs of danger if they knew an easy meal was involved. Trust me, I've seen it happen." She said, anger about him even being there written not only in her voice, but on her face and in her body language.

She even cut herself feeling the blade because of her irritation distracting her.

"Yeah, it's sharp enough." Rena said to Buster, quickly pulling her finger away from the sharp edge of the knife, the wiping off the blade on the antibacterial wipe before carefully setting it down in her lap. She then took Duke's temporary collar and wrapped it around his thigh above the piece of wood stuck in his leg, and pulled it tight around to restrict blood flow to his leg. "Now hold this tight while I get that chunk of oak out of his leg." She told him, moving her paws to make room for Buster's.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster did as he was told, but (even though he didn't like Hubert that much himself) he didn't want to remain silent while Rena was talking to him like that.
"You know, you can bash Hubert all you want, Rena, but he can and will do more to keep us safe from that thing than any of us can alone. plus, If he left, his affectiveness as makeshift anesthesia may be diminished. Would you want to feel the full pain of a big piece of wood being pulled out of you? I doubt Duke would."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

<you are very pragmatic, I appreciate that,> Hubert thought to the rabbit. <I could leave and keep the charm active, but I also believe that this mortal should start trusting me, so your words were quite appropriate, from her point of view.>