Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sorrow: I have to look for another job simply because dad's convinced that I don't make enough money.
Joy: I have no other reasons to be sad~
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Joy: I got a promotion (and, of course, a raise).
Sorrow: I have to work from 6:00 A.M. till 3:00 P.M. next week (so I can shadow another member of the management team).
Joy: My long-term schedule will not be a morning shift.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: this morning I got to drive my cousin Scott's Nissan Maxima. It's a Manuel, and I have little practice with them, so I drove it around to get a feel for it. I did pretty good. :) oh, and i got the car up to 90, but don't tell Scott. ;D

More Joy: I actually meet another furry for the first time ever today!
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Sorrow- I don't think I'm gonna read the comic for a while. It isn't that I don't like it- I love it- but maybe I like it... too much.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: My flight got delayed and I'm stuck in chicago tonight
Joy: we got a cheap hotel because of our delay and we're all chilling together
Joy:I love my group so far
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: I can't draw...

*cries self to sleep*
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Its, AMAZING!

Joy: Just got back from seeing John Penete, and he was hilarious!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: I can't draw...

*cries self to sleep*
That's about how I used to draw, and I've improved to the point where I've gotten compliments--without even being taught. So take heart. :) You can improve if you want to.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: My first taste of iced lemon tea was awesome. I also got home early today from work!
Sorrow: The reason i went home was because my job is becoming stressful though. At least I'm still doing good without any trouble at work because of it, so it's cool.

Joy: They gave ice cream bars out at work!
Sorrow: Mine was melted :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Joy: Finally got a different avatar up

Sorrow: Ear is popping in sharp pains thanks to having my wisdom teeth removed.
ImageImageImage
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

DismayWolf wrote:Joy: Finally got a different avatar up

I have friends that have had that done and they all say that it's not that bad. I did, however, stop by at one of their houses while he was "drugged up," so to speak, and started asking him questions. He doesn't remember that thought LuLz
ImageImage

DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Cm4F wrote:
DismayWolf wrote:Joy: Finally got a different avatar up

I have friends that have had that done and they all say that it's not that bad. I did, however, stop by at one of their houses while he was "drugged up," so to speak, and started asking him questions. He doesn't remember that thought LuLz
at first I didn't think anything of it, but the pharmacists I worked with that night had said it could be the cause of the sharp pain.

anyway, on topi Joy: FInally got an art piece made for my mate and I, and used paint.net to color it xD
ImageImageImage
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

DismayWolf wrote:anyway, on topi Joy: FInally got an art piece made for my mate and I, and used paint.net to color it xD
I wanna see it!!!!
ImageImage

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:Finally got to AMsterdam
Joy:got a free dinner tonight
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Just saw Spiderman.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: My thoughts depress me more than actual events.
I've been told that my self-deprecation is actually a defense mechanism to prevent myself from judgement and the like.
It is probably true...
I've never realized it until now but perhaps I may have too much pride, not a lack of it.
My unwillingness to accept others' opinions is probably attributable to my stubborness.
I would say someone like me is better off living by him/herself. Yet, I still long for communion.
I don't know if it is impudence or sagaciousness that I insist on learning about myself.
Sorrow: I've spent four weeks or so in pursuit of intellectual endeavors as well as travelling.
I am just sullen at my lack of progress.
I guess the more you know, the more you find out how little you know.
How ironic, I am just intelligent enough to know that I am stupid.
Maybe I am too idealistic, but I just do not like the idea that there are clear social divisions by your limitations.
I don't know why this depresses me so much, maybe it is because I deem myself inferior to the masses, but I don't want to accept the fact that some people are innately superior to others.
It is unfair to advise total social equality because it usually ends up as a disaster. Some people have toiled and truly deserve those positions, but some people, no matter how hard they try, will remain in poverty.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that went through this thought process. I'm sure there are thousands of books that were written to address this issue. It's just that I am frustrated by the fact that people who are arguably more obtuse than I am, who are just as inept as I am, seem to be much happier... They are not concerned with this fact. Maybe I ask for too much...

Please, I am not asking for pity or encouragement. I will message you if I need to talk to you.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wanderer wrote:Sorrow: My thoughts depress me more than actual events.
I've been told that my self-deprecation is actually a defense mechanism to prevent myself from judgement and the like.
It is probably true...
I've never realized it until now but perhaps I may have too much pride, not a lack of it.
My unwillingness to accept others' opinions is probably attributable to my stubborness.
I would say someone like me is better off living by him/herself. Yet, I still long for communion.
I don't know if it is impudence or sagaciousness that I insist on learning about myself.
Sorrow: I've spent four weeks or so in pursuit of intellectual endeavors as well as travelling.
Maybe I am too idealistic, but I just do not like the idea that there are clear social divisions by your limitations.
I don't know why this depresses me so much, maybe it is because I deem myself inferior to the masses, but I don't want to accept the fact that some people are innately superior to others.
It is unfair to advise total social equality because it usually ends up as a disaster. Some people have toiled and truly deserve those positions, but some people, no matter how hard they try, will remain in poverty.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that went through this thought process. I'm sure there are thousands of books that were written to address this issue. It's just that I am frustrated by the fact that people who are arguably more obtuse than I am, who are just as inept as I am, seem to be much happier... They are not concerned with this fact. Maybe I ask for too much...

Please, I am not asking for pity or encouragement. I will message you if I need to talk to you.
What, do you WANT to be miserable? :? You're not asking for pity or encouragement but you know you're going to get it by publishing it all here. :) True humility means accepting yourself for who you are, even if that's someone worse--or better--than you imagine yourself to be, and loving who that person is.

Try to be patient with yourself. You're not on a time table. And lack of knowledge doesn't mean stupid.

And NO ONE is innately superior to others in all ways--only in some ways, and inferior in others, and equal in others. It balances out. True equality is different from the more enforced kind.

Maybe you're just trying too hard to be in control. I understand that--I'm the same way, and I'm trying to work past that. I haven't fully gotten there yet. And I'm not as happy as I might be but I believe that can change. I'm a LOT happier than I used to be.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

McFly wrote:Joy: Just saw Spiderman.
Was it good? Because I really think they should have ended with the 3rd movie. This one seemed to change the story entirely.
ImageImage

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

It's a reboot the same way Christopher Nolan's Batman movies are a reboot of the older batman movies, so it does change the story.
It was pretty good. I liked Andrew Garfield more than I liked Toby Maguire
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Grey Wolverine

Cm4F wrote:
McFly wrote:Joy: Just saw Spiderman.
Was it good? Because I really think they should have ended with the 3rd movie. This one seemed to change the story entirely.
No, it adds the mechanical web shooters which is whats in the comic, and the love interest is Gwen Stacy, who was Peter's first girlfriend in highschool, its just another time in his life that the other movies weren't in. Its the same time in his life as show Spectacular Spider-Man focused on. From what I've heard, it sticks more with the comics than the ones with Toby McGuyer, now lets hope they include a GOOD venom in this series, shall we?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:It's a reboot the same way Christopher Nolan's Batman movies are a reboot of the older batman movies, so it does change the story.
It was pretty good. I liked Andrew Garfield more than I liked Toby Maguire
This.

I liked how it built a relationship between Peter and his aunt and uncle, while still showing his parents and him not having been an orphan his whole life. His parents have been an oft-debated topic in that regard...
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Joy: My blog is international! :D :D :D :D :D
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I didn't like Peter Parker's character in the movie, nor did I like the scientist guy. He just wasn't believable as a villain. The supporting cast was great, though, and I liked the action.

Joy: Just won two Magic: the Gathering prerelease tournaments in a row and won 174 dollars of cards as a prize!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I think they should have kept Spiderman as Tobey. It is insulting to make a remake when the previous actor isn't even dead yet!
I'd rather have an slightly older looking Spiderman than a smug punk skater boy.

Oh man, do I get worked up about trivial things.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:I didn't like Peter Parker's character in the movie
yeah, they kind of messed with his nerd vibe. That was a little annoying.
Wanderer wrote:It is insulting to make a remake when the previous actor isn't even dead yet!
there are at least three previous movie batmans still alive. two if you only count Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton. but yes, the time between the first set and the reboot was a little short.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Sleet wrote:I didn't like Peter Parker's character in the movie
yeah, they kind of messed with his nerd vibe. That was a little annoying.
He was basically a typical "cool" kid who had an informed nerdiness to him. He's bullied (for some reason), he's smart (which the Einstein poster and the superfluous mechanical lock will tell you), but there's nothing really nerdy about him.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:Got lost for like 4 hours tonight
Joy:Took some really cool pictures while I was wandering
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy/Sorrow, but mostly Joy: I've decided that I'm going to start working for dad again. I put in a notice at my job yesterday and I'll be done by the 18th. I was a bit sad when I did that because I've been there for 6 months and got to know some cool people. I'll still see everyone when I go back to the store though.
I am looking forward to work with dad though. It'll be like the good old days. :)
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Does he pay better? :3
The Grey Wolverine

Joy: Alright guys, I'm starting a week of community service tomorrow
Sorrow: I ave to work with kids, gaaah!
Joy: I have met a really nice guy recently, and we've been talking a lot, he's my puppy :3
Sorrow: He lives on England
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Sorrow: My thoughts depress me more than actual events.
It is probably true...

What, do you WANT to be miserable? :? You're not asking for pity or encouragement but you know you're going to get it by publishing it all here. :) True humility means accepting yourself for who you are, even if that's someone worse--or better--than you imagine yourself to be, and loving who that person is.

Try to be patient with yourself. You're not on a time table. And lack of knowledge doesn't mean stupid.

And NO ONE is innately superior to others in all ways--only in some ways, and inferior in others, and equal in others. It balances out. True equality is different from the more enforced kind.

Maybe you're just trying too hard to be in control. I understand that--I'm the same way, and I'm trying to work past that. I haven't fully gotten there yet. And I'm not as happy as I might be but I believe that can change. I'm a LOT happier than I used to be.
I guess I don't really like myself and yes I do want to control my own life, but I suppose I can't control everything.
Well, they say talking to yourself is insanity. I don't really like writing to myself anyway... If I post somethings here, I don't need to juggle so many thoughts at once.

Joy: I feel strangely optimistic all of a sudden.
I should start living healthier! More sleep and reducing unnecessary stress!
I'm not sure how long I will stay like this, but I will try to fix my insomnia at least.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I have things about myself I don't like, and other things about myself that I do. I was a LOT worse a couple of years ago, but I've changed, God be thanked.

No, no one can--and when you let go of that desire, you suffer less and can relax.

If that's true, then I'M insane! :P

:lol: Wonderful! :D Glad to hear it, buddy!
PF chars

--Phoenix

McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Cooking skills are getting better. Helped my mom make dinner tonight.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What'd you make?
McFly

Post by McFly »

I made fettucine alfredo and spinach while she made baked chicken.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:Does he pay better? :3
In a way, yes. He'll be paying me 100 bucks a week, and my insurance and stuff will be covered. Plus, no more 9 hour shifts till midnight. ;D
------------------

Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: I got my hair cut for the first time in 2 years. It's not terrible but I don't like it.
Joy: I might be moving in with a friend from work next month and when we have enough save we might move to Florida. If my manager moves to Florida, We'll have a job right away. If that doesn't work, my sister said I could live with her in Ohio and get a job at a Honda factory.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Things are starting to look better~

My best friend came home for the weekend and we spent the day together; it was exactly what I needed. My boyfriend came home from vacation and now I feel like I've got both of my best friends back. Gah, I really missed them!

On another note, NEVER purchase an iPhone if you live in a rural area. You will not be able to make a call, and there will be all kinds of connection issues. I called Verizon, pretty much fuming and refusing to pay for such an expensive phone (for two years) when the service is so bad. I was in my 14 day grace period so I was able to switch out to another one, and it turns out that they DO continue to make phones with small data allowances for a low price, if you know how to talk to them. As a result, I got a new phone that is almost exactly like my old phone. ^_^ While it runs a little laggy navigating around menus and the camera isn't very good, call quality is great, texts send quickly, I can still check my online accounts, and it's not making me commit financial suicide every month.

Sorrow: The winds from this thunderstorm are scaring me. ;_; And I have senior pictures tomorrow morning, but I can't take a shower with raging lightning outside.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.

Post by 0404 »

Good to hear things are working out well beagle!
Inali wrote:Joy: Brave was awesome you guys.
Sorrow: No it ain't.

Madness:
You gotta be Kidding me...
Balto, Bolt, A and O, now that? there is other bunch of look a likes.
Joy: I got really high qual swiss army knife, (pocket knife), got nice T-shirts, hat, shorts and souvenirs.
Joy:I made a 20ft clean shot on can under thunderstorm with airpistol at Night.
Joy:Texas thunderstorm.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Can't see the image, Tex.