HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rhyzer

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by Rhyzer »

Sorry for the apparent double post, but I'm back. Have I missed anything, like, at all?... :?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Nope, the only thing that happened with the story that you left off at was Mercury knocking on the door, shiro didn't respond. There is also an adventure going on with Tesla, Zanna, and Doc.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Sorry to inform you, but after having to come in contact with him, ChewyChewy won't be posting on here anymore. We'll have to use an alternative, for those involved with the Semi-Formal Party.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Alrighty then, I bet Mercury will have fun with that
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Uuuhh... Guys? There's only three other people in this Rp. This concerns me. A lot. Maybe allow new characters or something? Something!?

Current active members: Esper (Mercury & Tesla), Roarin (Zanna), Marine Fox (Doc), and Rhyzer (Travis)

Where even is Blue? (And everyone else!) He's not been on in like a bajillion years. He is the one acting as GM, right? I mean RA is dangling by a thread (pun), what are we gonna do?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

I think Shiro and Furry r the GMs now.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

If we're a bit short on members, then what we can do would be to post on the Main OOC and see if we can recruit a few new people. However, I'm not sure if this privilege falls under the hands of anybody other than the GMs of the thread, though, which brings me to mention that I've contacted the two just to clarify their participation.

Personally, I don't want this thread to die off. :c
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

it ok for the basic members of an RP to put out an call for new members. esp. if the GM is missing, or the RP doesn't have one. you need to get to a set number of active players before you can elect a new GM or GM's. i think it's 10 players.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Meh...well I'm a fair failure as a GM, ne? And from the looks of it Furry hasn't been around either...not that that excuses my vanishing act in any way.

This place does need new players at this point, and while I'd like to stay a part of it, the fact that I actually let myself get so distracted by other things that I forgot about it makes me feel a bit out of rights on that front. So I think I'm gonna leave that to you guys, I'd like to stick around if you'll still have me, but otherwise I'll step out without a fight.

One way or the other, I will take this chance to say I'm sorry for just up and vanishing from here, especially since I have been around on the forums. So yeah, seriously sorry about that.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Keeshah~ Oh. Alrighty, I'll send out the call on the main ooc.

Shirosune~ I certainly forgive you and accept you back, the more the merrier to me. What about everyone else? Bring back Shiro?
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

You don't have to worry about it, bud. Of course I forgive you, and would be more than happy to have you back. ^-^
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

No problem. Just coolz ta know our leader's back :D . Yes! Bring the Shiro bak!

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hiii theeere.
So, I just noticed that your GM is supposed to be Blue Anubis, who disappeared from the forums a while back. You guys feel the need to elect a new one?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Sure, what say the rest of the Party?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

ctcmjh wrote:Do to the extended absence of Blue Anubis, it has been decided that we need a new Gm.

So furryovrlord and Shirosune, you two have been appointed to the GMs of Richmond Acres! Congratulations!
I think ctcmjh appointed Shiro and furry GMs.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

And where is Shiro?

Was Shiro elected, or is he running a new election? (GMs should be elected, and I could help you with that process if you need me to)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Shiro just came back around today, I believe. They seem fine with having him run things, with furryovrlord being AWOL.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Someone said they need more players or somthing along those lines?

I am available! ..If you need someone that is..

Char here! I will upload to main OoC if needed/told

Name: Beat Johnston

Breed: Great Dane

Height: 6.1" (They're BIG dogs, if too big, tell me!)

Fur Pattern:

Appearance: Very big in size, [Picture of Fur pattern above!], Wears a cyan & white hankercheif as his collar, with a music note as tag. Always wearing headphones.

Personality: Big Built, Big heart. One of the many 'gentle giants' of his breed, he'd rather talk things through than fight it out. Especialy ever scince his last 'episode', he's basicly become a pacifist(sp?). He'll mostly be found listening to music or fiddling around with his playlist on his I-Pod...

Background: It's full of happy beginings with mixes of bad experiences and multiple house-movements...

Notes:
- Always listening to music, well, almost always..
- If pushed far enough, he will snap and become a force to be reckoned with.
- Easy going and kind of smiling all the time, especialy when a good song is on..

Coulor: Test

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Str: 7 "I'd rather not hit you, but if i did.. "
Per: 5 "Sorry, what did you say? I was listening to.. "
End: 4 "Can't...Keep...Up! "
Cha: 6 "Yo, 'Name's Beat. Beat Johnston! "
Int: 5 "Your stereo could use a little tune up! "
Agi: 3 "Oof! Er, sorry 'bout your shelves there.. "
Luc: 5 "Oh! That's rather Lucky! "

I'll just leave this here..

|- Edit: Changed Text colour, noticed someone else had red..
|- Edit2: Determined fur pattern & added a bit more detail in other areas..
Last edited by ~\Rook/~ on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Tha Housefox wrote:Shiro just came back around today, I believe. They seem fine with having him run things, with furryovrlord being AWOL.
As long as there's some sort of consensus... I just need to make sure there's a GM watching this neighborhood...
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Hnn, I'm here, though I'm not out to bypass due process or anything when it comes to the GM thing. So I'll happily going along with whatever is felt necessary by the Mods when it comes to that.

@Squiggs: Yeah, we're looking for new players currently so seeing your sheet is nice. The character looks mostly good, a bit loosely defined but that will serve to let you define himself through RP instead of trying to set him in stone now, so that's fine. I'd suggest adding a 'Gender' line to upper part of the sheet just so it's obvious at a glance that Beat is a he. As to his description, I'd suggest that you let us know which 'basic' coat pattern he has, since there are actually six patterns that occur typically for the breed(Please feel free to link a picture for this if it make things easier for you.). As to the height part...I'm a bit unsure as to how that should be approached to be honest. It's not come up on any character sheet I've seen before and given the way breed sizes don't really seem to translate par for par into the 'verse of the comic...yeah, really no idea on that one.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Shirosune wrote:Hnn, I'm here, though I'm not out to bypass due process or anything when it comes to the GM thing. So I'll happily going along with whatever is felt necessary by the Mods when it comes to that.
I don't really care as long as the players agree on it. If they're all ok with you being GM, then that's a consensus...

If you're going to be the GM then, please PM me with your Skype name or some other Instant Messenger so we can talk on a more "in person" basis.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Shirosune & Co.

How do you feel about a hoofer character joining the RP here?
I am thinking about doing A horse character.
I have been wanting to do a quadie character for a while now.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

@Keeshah: I've got no problems with it personally. *Tosses question marks out at everyone else* How 'bout the rest of ya?

@Squiggs: Beat looks good to me, and so long as there aren't any objections from the anyone, you'll be free to make an intro post and start playing come our next time skip.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I'm okay with a horse
ShadowFlare

Post by ShadowFlare »

Hello everyone! This is my first Roleplay ever and my friend helped me think of this character. Could I perhaps join...? Here's all the stuff.

Name: Brenden Redwell

Character type: Main

Species: Siberian Husky

Age (pet years): 21

Neighborhood:

Appearance: Brenden is slightly taller then others of his breed, as well as well as a tad bit wider due to a decadent habit or two that he maintains. His fur is the typical pattern for a husky in addition to to his coloration: a deep oily black clashing with a pale, ashen white. Brenden has kept his fur moderately shaggy, lending a rough appearance to his character. His collar is a thick, pristine white band that covers most of his neck. Brenden's tag is a pair of masks symbolising Comedy and Tragedy. As for other accessories, the dog carries around a simple tote-bag.

Personality: Right off the bat it can be seen that Brenden is shy, staying several feet from group. In addition to shyness, Brenden is fairly introverted, preferring not to divulge his thoughts, feeling, and in some cases, name. There are few exceptions to his shyness, namely a carefully selected group of friends that he may amass. Brenden could be called eclectic at times, but he'd rather you not, to him it just means "weird". His interests include horror fiction, cooking, sleeping, a few tv shows that may be construed as immature or strange for him to watch, music, cult comedy movies, obscure Japanese video games, and though it may not seem like it, friends. He may sometimes appear aggressive to those who don't know him well, but on the inside he's just a shy little teddy bear who likes to make friends, and help out when he can. Brenden is on the quiet side if he's not with friends. He is also a romantic of a possibly hopeless persuasion.

Backstory: Brenden has come from a life far, far from posh. He was born a feral in massive metropolis in the eastern USA, into fairly bitter family. As the runt of his tiny litter, he was constantly bullied by his two brothers, ignored by his father, and was the victim of an absentee mother who was rescued by a shelter. For about four-fifths of his life Brenden was made to live this way, malnourished, abused, and without hope, but by some miracle he had managed to run from his family and escape the city. After having run for several hour, Brenden finally collapsed on the side of a highway. By another miracle, he was found by his current owner, Madge Redwell, a professional and popular blues Musician. Once Madge filled out the proper forms, she and Brenden settled in their current location. However, Madge is often away from home on tour, but she keeps up a correspondence with Brenden via text message and she gives him a steady (and massive) allowance so he can keep himself fed and entertained, as Madge pays all of the bills herself.

Other: Due to his rough past, Brenden has a serious fear of abuse and abandonment. He spends a lot of time sleeping.

S. P. E. C. I. A. L.
S: 6
P: 6
E: 6
C: 3
I: 6
A:4
L: 6
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Shirosune & Co.

Sounds good ta me.
Err, just to clarify. Quadie means 4 legged right?

@Shadow. Coolz more people. :D And another Husky! Shiro will be the 1 with the final vote fer yer character.
Err, I think yeh have to change the stats alittle. The cap is at 34, I think. (Is that right?). Tis at 37 right now.
Hope ta see ya round the neighborhood.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I like him too, but I thought the stat limit was 42. That's what my characters were at when they were accepted...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Shirosune & Co.

Sounds good ta me.
Err, just to clarify. Quadie means 4 legged right?

Yes you are correct. just a normal horsey.
A saddle him up and ride him around town type of horse.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Esper wrote:I like him too, but I thought the stat limit was 42. That's what my characters were at when they were accepted...
Correct, the stats are, at max, 42. You may go lower if you want, but there's no good reason to. o _o Of course, if the GM for this neighborhood has set a different cap, then that's what takes precedent.

Also, I love that character name, Brenden. XP
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

@House: You would like that name House. As to the stat limit, I haven't made any adjustments to it, so it's sitting soundly at the default.

@At Shadow: I rather like the character, and think the tag you gave is actually pretty awesome given his history. As brought up, overall your stats are a bit low, so while you don't have to adjust them you are certainly free to if you wish. The only other thing I'd ask of you is that you pick a unique(To this thread) color for the text when he speaks. Otherwise though he's good.

So yeah, choose whether or not to adjust your stats and pick a text color and I'll be ready to approve him. Barring anyone having any serious objections of course.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Whoops, sorry. :D I take back what I said before, my bad. I'm just gonna... Put this foot in my mouth. N stop talking now.

Ref Ref!
ShadowFlare

Post by ShadowFlare »

Thanks for taking the time to read over mine. I just have to adjust my stats...

S. P. E. C. I. A. L.
S: 8
P: 6
E: 9
C: 4
I: 6
A: 3
L: 6
Last edited by ShadowFlare on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

@Shiro: I'm happy to have another character, 'means I won't be the only 'new boy' on the block!

@Shadow: Welcome to Richmond Acres, Buddy!

Also: A Equestrian character? That's cool, but aren't horses rather limited in the 'verse? "they can talk, but are otherwise normal."? Just checking..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

@Squiggs: Yes and no? A horse most likely won't be opening doors on it's own, but given their level of sentience I'd say they'd be allowed just as much freedom in a PF type area as any other pet. Their only real limits would be a lack of thumbs.

@Shadow: And now you're too high. You're sitting at 45 with that set up. Find three points you're okay with cutting and you'll be perfect for stats.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The intelligence stat seems a little high for his backstory. If he spent 4/5 of his life as a feral and was found by a musician who doesn't have time to teach him things such as reading, one would think his intelligence would at least be lower.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

~\Rook/~ wrote: Also: A Equestrian character? That's cool, but aren't horses rather limited in the 'verse? "they can talk, but are otherwise normal."? Just checking..
That is the point of playing such a character. The challenge of having to find some way to do what "normal" pets take for granted.

So here it is.

Name: Lisa's Golden Star's Moonbeam

Neighborhood: Richmond Acres

Breed: Tennessee Walker Horse

Speaking color: #008000

Height: 15.1 hands (5'.1" at the withers, top of his back.) 7' at the tops of his ears.

Weight: 1,100 lbs.

Weight limits - carrying on his back: 250 to 275 lbs.
(rule of thumb, On avg. a horse can carry 20% to 25% of their own weight on their back.)

Weight limits - pulling in yoke and harness: comfortably 1,650 lbs. Max. weight he can pull is 6,600 lbs.
(rule of thumb, On avg. a horse can max pull 6 times their own weight, in a wheeled vehicle on hard level ground. But common practice is to only load a horse to 25% of there max pulling power.)

Fur pattern: Palomino

Appearance: He has a Buckskin pelt, in keeping with the Palomino coloring scheme. Along with an Ivory colored mane, tail, and a blaze down the front of his muzzle. A slight dappling spots grace his back and rump. His right flank is freeze branded with the Paschal farm livestock mark. He is light shod, to protect his hooves from rocks and chipping.
Whether he is wearing a bridle or just a halter, his livestock tags (his equivalent to a pets ownership tags), hang from a ring under his throat.

Personality: He is quiet, outgoing and willing to learn new things, for the good or bad :lol:
He will stand quietly to be washed, brushed, or have his hooves worked on.
On the equine personality scale, (1-bombproof to 10-hotheaded) he rates a 2 or 3.

Backstory: As a 2 year old he was given to his owner, Lisa-marie Paschal, as her sweet 16 gift.
She taught him the skills to be ridding horse (western), trail and pack horse, working in harness pulling buggy's and wagon's. She also showed him at the state fairs, as well as entering him in the barrow races. The two would often go traveling off into the woods, going camping and trail riding together.
Moonbeam has been seen around in town before, either pulling the Paschal family to church in the buggy on Sundays. or pulling the wagon to the local farmer's market.
Last year, Lisa-marie went off to collage, and Moonbeam was handed down to her sister Missy-sue (age-9).
While she does her chores of taking care of Moonbeam, she is not into horseback riding thing like her big sister is. So now he is often left on his own, As the families boys prefer to ride the motorized horses (ATV's), over riding a real one, when herding the sheep and cattle. That is, when they're not working with the farms 6 Clydesdale draft horses, who do the heavy lifting work of plowing the fields, and harvesting the crops.
The Clydesdale's have recently been getting on Moonbeam for not having a job to do on the farm, other than standing around in the corral looking pretty, while they do all the work.
Not that he could do anything about that, like all of the horses on the farm, he couldn't open the corral's gate.
That is, until Mrs. Paschal took pity on him, perhaps buying into the story that he is no different from a house pet. letting him out to go wandering into town, in hopes he will find something to relieve his boredom, or find a new job to do. She is the one who affixed his livestock/pet tags to his halter and bridle.

Other: His Strength stat should be used for what he can pick up/pull with his teeth. shaking off/pulling away from pets who are trying to control him via. getting a hold of his halter, bridle, reins, or lead rope. and for holding on if he is trying to brush/buck them off his back.
His nose has been bull ringed, something he doesn't like to talk about.

Str = 6 Horsepower BABY! whinnie!
Per = 6 Always on the look out, it's genetic for my species.
End = 8 I could do this all day!
Cha = 4 Who is going to follow a horse?
Int = 5 Give me time, i'll think of a way to do it.... maybe.
Agi = 8 If i stepped on you, it wasn't on accident.
Luc = 5 Do you need luck when your as big as a horse?
Last edited by Keeshah on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

A vulnerable character who could flip around to being non-vulnerable in a fight? QUICK! Violent adventure time!
Keeshah wrote:Lisa-marie Paschal, as her sweet 16 gift.
I IMMEDIATELY HATE LISA AND WANT TO PUNCH HER UNTIL SHE IS UNCONSCIOUS.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

@RR: You mad bro.? *Shot for meme'ing*

@Keeshah: Heheh, I'm liking the character and I'm already seeing some of the possible interaction that might occur earlier on and loving him all the more of it. He should make for an entertaining addition I think. Barring any major objections, as always, I'm giving him the stamp of approval and you'll be free to make your first post at our next time skip.

@Everyone: That said, I've begun dreaming up a nice little adventure arc that we could kick into after the current day is over if the lot of ya are interested. I'll need the aid of a particular member of the neighborhood to make it happen, but I won't worry about that until I find out if there's interest or not.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:A vulnerable character who could flip around to being non-vulnerable in a fight? QUICK! Violent adventure time!

I don't think anyone is going to be crazy enough to make him turn green, and hulk stomp them into the ground!! :mrgreen:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Lisa-marie Paschal, as her sweet 16 gift.
I IMMEDIATELY HATE LISA AND WANT TO PUNCH HER UNTIL SHE IS UNCONSCIOUS.

And what are you true feelings? all because you were not born a Girl? :lol:
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

No, this has nothing to do with my secret desires to be a female. It is because people who have sweet 16s all need to be punched in the face. That is my experience.