HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rhyzer

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis, though skeptic at first glance, nodded in return, and had accepted his invitation with a coy smile. "Sure," She said, benign and cheerful in tone.

"Please, lead the way."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury cheered inside, maybe he really would get a chance to talk to Travis in a more private setting, "Straight this way!" the cat began to trot down the side walk, but tripped and broke his stride a few times, causing an embarrassed blush on his silvery fur.

After a few turns and street crossings, Mercury had led Travis his his own home, A stylish and squat little building, "And this is it, home sweet home." The cat pulled the door open to reveal a 70's styled living room, "Come on in my friend, my dad is out for the day, so can I get you anything?"

--
Tesla thought for a few seconds as he surveyed the area, "I don't know about you guys, but that restaurant and hardware store are calling my name."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna nodded. "Ok, we'll hit the hardware store first (I kinda wanted to go there too) and follow it up with one of the restaurants." She turned to the red wolf. "What about you Doc? Wanted to go anywhere in particular?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc scratched his chin in thought
"Uhh actually those places sound great, not sure whats around here, mabey i'll browse some medicine stores heh"

Doc started looking around, admiring the new places
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Yayayayay! I'm gonna get so many parts!" The corgi wagged his tail to fast that one would think it might fall off as he sprinted- not really all that fast in account of his stubby legs- into the nearest hardware store, where he began to dig through various bins and scour the shelves
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna laughed lightly as she watched the corgi dash into the hardware store. "Hey, wait up!". She called out and ran after him. "Come on Doc! We'll stop by some of the medic stores after this one.".

She soon lost herself in the many aisles around the store. There were heavy duty tools, wood, even some metal sheets, paints, and everything she could think of. While looking through some of the shelves in the equipment section she was stopped dead by an item on one of the showcase stands. "Wow...". The husky stared in awe at it as she slowly walked up to the stand. It was (in her opinion) something amazing, spectacular! It was... A hand drill?

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc chuckled a little at the corgi's excitment and after he and Zanna entered into the hardware store Doc followed behind, also a bit amazed at all the tools and equipment, even if he had no clue what some of them were or what they did but they seemed interesting enough for Doc to cautiously inspect all the items, laughing to himself about all the items, then as he wandered around he came across Zanna staring at one of the tools

"Whoa whats this thing?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"This." Zanna said, looking at the drill. "Is a cordless hand drill." There was a gleam of excitement in her eyes. "But its not just any drill, no no. Its THE hand drill! Made by some German company named Festool." She looked at Doc. "This baby can cut through Plexiglas like a hot knife through butter. And, it only weighs two pounds." A small grin appeared on her face. She almost looked like a kid in a candy store. "Its one of the best drills the average citizen can buy at a hardware store." The husky took a few steps towards the stand to look at the price tag. ''Course, the best always has to be expensive..."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc also took a good long look at the drill, admiring it's power and complexity and Zanna's expression over it said it all.

"Hmm Mabey we can pitch in and use all the money for that drill"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla walked up behind Zanna, lugging along a pallet piled high with sheet metal and wooden slats, "For a drill like that, I'd be willing to pitch in however much you need!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna pointed towards the price tag stamped on the stand. "I don't know about you. But I don't have three hundred and fifty bucks lying around." She shrugged, a small smile on her face. "Besides, I already have one at home. Its not as good as this one, but it gets the job done."

She walked over to the other pets so she was standing between them, her eyes were still on the drill. "I appreciate the offer guys but, this is just my way of window shopping. Stuff I think of getting, but never really do. But y'know, instead of looking for dresses or cute bows, it's industrial power drills and wielders."

Her gaze strayed from the drill to the nearby shelves and brightened when she spotted what she wanted. "There it is." She said happily as she reached up to grab it. "Heavy duty twenty inch steel torque wrench." Zanna held it in front of her, inspecting the tool closely. When she was satisfied she looked back at the other two pets. "You guys all set to go?"
Last edited by Roarin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla bit his lip and inspected his haul, "I guess... But I do have that kind of money. My mom gives me a boat load of money when I help with her projects when she's overwhelmed. I guess it's not easy ad a proffesional engineer." the corgi barely pulled a debit card from his collar
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Slightly surprised from his sudden burst of enthusiasm, Travis smiled faintly and let out a small chuckle, nodding shortly before following Mercury. Mild concern and worry arose from those unexpected moments when the cat fell, lightly gesturing to lend a paw at one time, and even politely pretending not to notice at other times as well.

"You okay?" She thought to herself introvertedly, refraining from intercepting Mercury on the matter. By watching him shrug it off in her perspective, she simply did the same, more so to not embarrass him by saying or doing anything misunderstood.

It was minutes afterwards that she and Mercury had arrived to the latter's home, her modest gaze briefly surveying the interior as she set paw into the foyer, courteous in all of her efforts.

"Wow...! How groovy," Travis smirked, amazed and impressed from the sight. She returned her glimpse back to Mercury by the time he offered her the hospitality, bemused and modest all the while.

"Oh." She shyly said, "Can I get a drink of water, please?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury nodded happily, "Gladly! Just a moment..." the cat scurried in to the kitchen and water could be heard. As promised, Mercury strode back to Travise to present the glas of water, "Yeah, my dad is kind of eclectic in his decor choices. The kitchen looks like it's from Star Trek... Hehe..." he chuckled nervously, clearly not used to having guests, "So, wanna watch tv or play a game or something? We've got a huge selection of music if you prefer..."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc nodded to Zanna, then he listened to Tesla's offer, Doc didn't want to be rude or anything but he honestly didn't want to be upstaged, since he himself didn't have a major allowance, if any at all but he kept one idea in the back of his head in case he needed to make a quick buck but putting that aside he waited and listened for a response, curiouse what she would say.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Well..." Zanna thought as she put the wrench down onto the register conveyer built. Then she shook her head. "Nah, its ok. Like I said before. I was just window shopping. Err, call it wishing thinking."

She turned her attention to the cashier and greeting him politely, paying for her item and waiting for the others. "Besides, whenever I get something I want it to be something I earned with my own money." She giggled lightly. "Birthday presents are already hard to stomach." Zanna knew that she was exaggerating, but she was trying to make a point. She grinned at the others. "But its still pretty cool you guys offered."

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla chewed his lip for a minute, "Alrighty then... If you say so." once Zanna's item was paid for, the corgi dragged his palet to the counter. The cashier gave him an odd look, but swiped his card anyways and wrapped his haul with plastic wrap, "So, now what?" Tesla asked as he placed his card back into his collar
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc nodded again to the two of them and followed behind as they checked their numerous items out and when they were door he listened to Tesla.

"Uhh i'm not sure, whata yall want to do?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Well...". Zanna thought as she looked around the plaza. "Since we went to a hardware store I think it's only fair we visit a mediciney place.". She looked back at the other two. "Then we can grab a bite to eat. How's that sound?"

Ref Ref!
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis smiled rather bashfully as Mercury returned, but had nonetheless expressed her gratitude as he handed her the promised glass of water.

"Thank you," She spoke, slightly fidgeting with her cap as she subtly decided to sit on the sofa set before her. Despite the formality and straight-forwardness that she shows on a regular basis, Travis is visibly perplexed from the casual atmosphere, which is just as demonstrated when she struggles to find the proper etiquette and propriety, in her point of view, to accommodate to such an aberrant setting. That, and her ruse for retaining her shred of masculinity had conflicted with her inner, neglected nature, especially when Mercury had mentioned music.

Despite her eagerness, Travis had kept her preferences to herself, and instead suggested on the latter, as opposed to her abashed, and inner passion.

"Sounds good. I'm okay with games," She responded.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla nodded in agreement, "Sounds fair to me guys." the little gorgi responded "One can never have too many medical supplies. I mean you can, but... Er... You know what I mean!"

--
Mercury could sense that Teavis was more than a little uncomfortable, but complied, "Very welcome, my canine friend." the cat said as he sat down on the floor just in front of his sofa, turning on his myriad of consoles just beforehand, patting the ground next to himself, "You know Travis, you're pretty cool. Kinda the only other pet that I've met so far that was so nice to me." Mercury spoke as he pulled up the master game menu on his screen
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed missing BBCode issue
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Awsome! Now...... Where to find a pharmacy."

Doc looked around a bit scouering the area till he spotted a local pharmacy, and pointed the way as he started for it.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna nodded and with a flick of her tail followed after the red wolf. "Mediciney stuff." She repeated happily to herself. Zanna turned around and started walking backwards so she was facing the corgi. Occasionally looking over her shoulder to make sure she wouldn't bump into anything. "You plan on building another one of your inventions with all that stuff?". The husky inquired, pointing towards the sheet metal and wood.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla lugged his supplies with a bemused expression, "That is my intention, but I'm not sure what just yet... Maybe something that accelerates thing to a ludicrous speed! Like water balloons!" The little dog cheered as he threw his free arm into the air, "What do you think? Any ideas?" Tesla added
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Before placing the bare glass of water of which she had emptied in two gulps off to the side, Travis, whose serene smile could be mistaken for a sullen one, had initially glanced over to Mercury.

"...Heh. Well, I suppose you can never have too many friends, right?" She chuckles, attempting to enlighten the mood of the atmosphere somewhat after, throughout a close, and empathetic glimpse, beginning to understand a little bit about Mercury, sensing his sincerity.

"So, what games did you have in mind?"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc quickly entered into the pharmacy, and was shocked by the items on the shelves and tables, bottles and boxes of medicines for almost anything the wolf could think of. He got wide eyed and went immediately for the anti-biotics and pain relievers, knowng he was almost out of those two. After he grab a bottle of pain pills and an assortment of anti-biotics he he wandered around for a second searching around for his last purchase, until he stopped in shock and amazement, staring at a state of the art Body monitor/medical aid kit, he got a closer look to see it included a blood pressure monitor, insulin pocket for diabetic patients, heart rate monitor plus a few other important tools, as well as holders for smaller items. He looked on in amazement at the kit, knowing what he could do with it.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm... Time machine? Roller coaster?". She shrugged with a perplexed look on her face. "Cant think of anything right now...". She hung her head dramatically in defeat.. "I should be ashamed of myself. An inventor with no ideas...". When she lifted her head again there was a smirk on the husky's face. "My excuse will be that I'm still an amateur inventor. But I like the accelerator idea!". She spun back around doing a 180 and ran into the store. "C'mon let's go!" She slowed down to a walk when she got to the shelves. "Wow... Rows and rows of...". She looked closely at some of the bottles. "Bottles with really long words I can't pronounce.". Zanna almost bumped into Doc who had stopped to look at... Something. "What'cha lookin at?". she asked, still not being able to make out what exactly it is.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla hitched his haul to a light post and entered the pharmacy. He browsed the isles futilely, unable to see most of the products. Despite his his stature, Tesla was able to grab three item which he considered an inventor's and a test pilot's best friends, fur-friendly adhesive bandages, burn salve, and ace bandages. Eventually, the corgi found his friend gawking at something out of his range if sight, "Hey guys, what is it that you're starin' at? I can't see it, but I bet it's really medicine related!"

--
"Very true..." Mercury said in a happy voice as he scrolled down the menu, still inviting Travis to sit, "That's actually a good question... Maybe Final Fantasy X, or maybe Marvel V.S. Capcom III, or even Skyrim, but as my guest, it's up to you. I've got pretty much any game you can think of." the cat added, his tail flicking about almost nervously, having Travis around wracked his nerves. Mercury knew that he would have to deal with this soon. Despite his nerves, the cat maintained a happy demeanour and a bright grin, "Please tell me if you need anything at all, I'd hate for you not to have a good time... I've never really had any friends over, soooo..."
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

With a pleasant smile, Travis had scuffled her body gently off the couch and had ended up sitting cross-legged beside Mercury. Sitting idly as her paws rested down along her knees, Travis couldn't help but attempt to survey the innumerable arrangement of video games shown in front of the two. From the countless bundle of genuine titles that Mercury had in his possession, and from the gist her exuberance and passion, she was having a difficult time in deciding to choose between a few of the games she had in mind.

She was vaguely familiar with the grand majority, though, and by reminiscing her aforementioned background, she'd be able to recall the many playful moments spent with her former pet-sibling, brooding over how fired up and competitive they became in their streak of fun and joy.

"Oh," Caught off-guard in the midst of her contemplative stare, her gaze darted back to Mercury's figure. "No, it's all good. I really appreciate your hospitality and all, so you needn't worry about it," She reassured him, suppressing her profound hint of sadness from having to ponder of the past through a faint smile. "And... I don't know which to pick. Hmm, perhaps if I were to -- wait a minute!"

For a brief, and weird moment, she paused again, caught in between a side of her not often shown.

"Hmhm," She chuckled bashfully, smiling nervously and, all the while, receding to her formality. "Sorry about that. But you wouldn't happen to have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or something along that route, would you?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury's ears twitched about, a faint sign if the cat's concern, "Alright then..." he said quietly, still picking up on Travis' feelings and empathizing between sorrow, nostalgia, and something akin to... Shyness?

"Yeah, I've got plenty of games like that." Mercury chirped, pulling up a few games similar to and including the requested. Once selected, the button on the controller configured to match the appropriate console.

With a burst of sound effects, the game started, presenting a fully unlocked character selection screen, prompting Mercury to choose Fox McCloud and leaving Travis' side open for selection. Short pangs of anticipation fluttered through the cat as words began to ball up in his throat, writhing around, begging to be the ones spoken. Just after Travis had picked his(her?) character, the words finally spilt forth, awkwardly stumbling over each other in a mad dash from the cat's mouth, "Er, hey, Travis? I gotta ask you something..." Mercury said knowing two things, A:That there wasn't really any turning back now, and B:It was either now or never. As much as he feared his impending question, an embarrassed blush melted through his silvery fur
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc kept staring at the plexiglass window, containing an open version of the kit, showing all the tools and details until he noticed Zanna come up next to him, he turned just a little and spoke with a hint of excitement in his tone.

"This is a state of the art Body monitor and first aid kit, capable of over 50 procedures. With this baby i'd be set on just about anything, even small surgical procedures, it even comes with insulin pockets, equipment to read blood pressure, heart rate it can even test your blood and give a whole bunch of readings! It's one of the best medical kits you can buy or atleast that civilians can buy, plus its small and compact so I might be able to squeeze it in my bag here"

Doc started to examine the open kit inside the plexiglass very carefully, before picking one off the shelf in a semi-large container and examining that as well.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna looked at the kit that was behind the plexiglass as Doc explained the machine. She shot a quick glance at Doc and smirked as she observed the obvious excitement coming from the wolf. "Sounds like the perfect tool for a field medic." The husky quipped.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla climbed up the shelves next to Doc to get a look, "Wow... Look at all those doodads! But I bet I could make one smaller." the corgi chimed, "Or not. Medicine is not my strong suit..."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc looked at the wonderful device with amazment , trying to keep his mind in the land of the living.

"Yeah, this thing is more than capapble of giving me everything I need for medical assistance, lets just hope its on sale"

Doc grabbed one of the boxes and fipped it over and over looking for a price tag, and as he found it he was sure he could afford it, knowing all those weeks of strong will to not buy anything payed off, as he slightly jumped up and down completely leaving his dignity in amazement.

"And it's just within my price range!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Then what are you waiting for? Buy it!". Zanna said louder than she expected. Even though she wasn't buying the med kit, she felt excited too. The husky's tail wagged. Her eyes drifted from Doc to Tesla and noticed the ace bandages. "Oh! I almost forgot!". Zanna half yelled as she zoomed down the aisle and turned a corner.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Buy it man, buy it! Buy it! It'll be just like Christmas!" Tesla cheer and hopes down from his perch on the shelf, nearly dropping his supplies. The limitless corgi smiles up at Doc once more before rushing off to the candy isle, then to the check out, his stubby tail wriggling behind him
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis was relieved, and subtly enthusiastic, that she would have the opportunity to play a personal favorite with Mercury, which was indicated by her tail wagging to and fro at a mild, and linear pace. She reached out for the nearest controller, grasping it in an abundant manner that she deemed the most comfortable.

"Amazing, you unlocked them all?" She remarked, impressed. Once she had that out of the way, she then went and did not hesitate to choose one of her preferred characters, Olimar, and had glanced out to observe her neighbor's choice. Trivially, she lightly brooded over it, but wasn't too concerned and simply shrugged the thought away. She was, instead, approached by something else entirely when Mercury spoke out to her.

"Hm?" Curious, but nonetheless confused at his staggering and reluctance, she politely pretended not to notice the faint, light traces of red hue, and simply stared at him with a nonchalant, unimposing glimpse, one that contrasts to her cold, intimidating misdemeanors.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

"Sweet!"

Doc watched as his two companions zoomed down the other isles, getting themselves set. Doc checked the MedKit over one last time before heading over to the counter where he sheepishly placed on next to the register hoping nothing would go wrong. The person at the counter gave Doc a raised eyebrow before shrugging and swiping it, luckily since it didn't have any hardcore antibiotics and anthesetics he was elligable to buy it without any problems, and with that he took out his wallet from a pocket in his bag and gave the cashier the money and in return got his prize.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A few minutes later Zanna appeared at the register with a bulk sized box of a simple assortment of bandages. After paying for it at the register she set the box down beside her and nodded in approval at Doc's purchase, her tail still wagging.. She looked at the box next to her, then at the wolf, wondering if she should explain her sudden dash. "I saw Tesla get a few boxes and remembered Mom said something about us not having anymore. Apparently 'someone' in the family keeps getting unnecessary injuries...". She looks at the ground and shuffles her feet as she says the last part, muttering something about occupational hazards. The husky stops to look around, realizing someone was missing. "Hey... Where's Tesla?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury nodded proudly, "Each and every one, even some not in the game on account of my dad's hacking skills." his whiskers twitched. The cat took Travis' character with a grain of salt as he toggled Fox's color scheme to purple.

Travis' curiosity spurred Mercury on through his crumbling resolve, "W-well... Since you performed CPR on me yesterday, I smelt something, er... Odd, and that's been bothering me up until now... So, I-I... Um..." Mercury's stuttering became more pronounced and blush finally melted through his metallic fur entirely, "Er... Uh... ARE YOU A GIRL?" the cat blurted and the wrapped his paws around his muzzle, dropping his controller with the exaggerated clicking of the buttons on the floor.

--
Tesla heard his name and scampered out from behind the candy desk with a bag of Cherry Vine candy balanced atop his head and a strand of the aforementioned candy hanging from his mouth, "Hey, I'm right here. I already checked out and decided to get some candy. Because candy is good." Tesla spoke through a candy fueled haze, "Sorry to have kept you guys waiting."