How old are the Housepets? (Age characters not the comic)

Discuss the comic here
Naga1877

How old are the Housepets? (Age characters not the comic)

Post by Naga1877 »

How old do you think the general age group of the main characters is? (Or others if you want.) :|
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: How old are the Housepets? (Age characters not the comic

Post by Sleet »

Probably 5 or so.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The cast page used to indicate Peanut was less than five years old; Grape is younger.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Dissension wrote:The cast page used to indicate Peanut was less than five years old; Grape is younger.
Assuming that, the majority of the Housepets are older than Peanut and Grape, I'd say that's like 5. in some character cases like Fido I'd say six. And assuming Joel was in his early/late 20's when he was transformed into King, that would be 3-4 years.
Peanut is an AWESOME character. 'Nuff said.

Okay I also like King and Fox's friendship ^^;

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I'm in debate over Tarot's age. The comic didn't specify whether the cosmic nerds move onto a new avatar at the end of the current one's lifespan, it only says that Dragon was raising her avatar's so Tarot could very well be over 5000 years old

Other characters...hmm...Dissension and Sleet are probably right, most of them are between ages 4 and 6 but it's always fun to throw a guess out there.

The Miltons - various ages, one of them stated they were 4 but i think Keene and Duke being intelligent and creative might be a few years older so i'd say 8-10 years old for them

The Wolves - Again, various, but i'd say 12-15 years for Miles, Daryl and some of the others

Mr Bigglesworth - Whatever age the first one is that's how old they'll all be

Res - Now, this is the tough one. His age depends on how soon he started his books, how many he's written, their page amount and how long they took write and get on the shelves. His awkward personality factors into it too but given how confident he's grown i'd say he's no more than 8-10 years old.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JohnWillow wrote:I'm in debate over Tarot's age. The comic didn't specify whether the cosmic nerds move onto a new avatar at the end of the current one's lifespan, it only says that Dragon was raising her avatar's so Tarot could very well be over 5000 years old
Rick said (or at least implied IIRC) that none of the characters are over the age of 10. So Tarot can't be older then that, because I thought that exact same thing as well.

IMO here's how the ages go Peanut is most likely about 4, Grape is 3, Max is about 5 or 6, Bino is about 4, Fido is 5, Joey is 3 since we know they are not from the same litter though they are brothers. Ralph is clearly the oldest out of everyone at most likely 8-10. Everyone is around the age of 3-6 basically. With the clear outlier being Ralph and a maybe on Tarot.
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

IceKitsune wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:I'm in debate over Tarot's age. The comic didn't specify whether the cosmic nerds move onto a new avatar at the end of the current one's lifespan, it only says that Dragon was raising her avatar's so Tarot could very well be over 5000 years old
Rick said (or at least implied IIRC) that none of the characters are over the age of 10. So Tarot can't be older then that, because I thought that exact same thing as well.

IMO here's how the ages go Peanut is most likely about 4, Grape is 3, Max is about 5 or 6, Bino is about 4, Fido is 5, Joey is 3 since we know they are not from the same litter though they are brothers. Ralph is clearly the oldest out of everyone at most likely 8-10. Everyone is around the age of 3-6 basically. With the clear outlier being Ralph and a maybe on Tarot.
What about Itsuki?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GarrisonSkunk wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:

What about Itsuki?
That's a bit difficult to say but I would say 9 or 10 when Rick said no one was over 10 IIRC he was only talking about the main cast, so its possible hes older. Sabrina would be around 5 or 6 like Max. Res IMO is likely 7 or 8, and Tarot I personally put at about 6 or 7ish unless for like some reason what Rick said doesn't apply to her or I'm not remembering him right. Of course all of these are just educated guesses anyway so I could be way off or something.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I would guess these would be the ages of Housepets:

Peanut: 6-7 (he reminds me so much of a student I used to know back in college, so I assume him to be of this age)
Grape: 5-6 (she is younger than peanut, though she could be by mere months as far as I know)
Fox: 7-8 (he is a bit more sophisticated than the others but still isn't like Fido)
King: 12-13 (this was what I calculated in the thread about King's age)
Sabrina: 7-8
Tarot: 9-10 (I think she is older than what most think she is because of her connection to the Spirit Dragon and her abilities with magic)
Bino: 6-7 (Obviously still rather young)
Fido: 8-9 (I would imagine he could be much older since he went away to be trained as a police dog and all)
Miles: 15-16 (Possibly the oldest of all the pets, I would guess he is middle aged)
Joey: 4-5 (Still very young)