When is this going to be on Kickstarter?

Discuss the comic here
holmebrian

When is this going to be on Kickstarter?

Post by holmebrian »

i saw a couple posts of people asking this and i am really curious when are you going to have a kickstarter project Rick?

i think lots of people would be interested in this and even if it dosent succeed kick starter would be a great place to put this comic just for the advertising.

is it just a question of you are not ready to have a full blown production of the comic if it really did succeed?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: When is this going to be on Kickstarter?

Post by Sleet »

What do you mean full-blown production?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

lol i mean printing of the books.
i guess it would depend on the persons idea of what full production is.

just as an example twokinds hardcover books would one level of full production. selling enough of the soft covers to get that far possibly.
it was just a question if he would be ready if he got a massive order. of around 2k-3k units.

i would like to see all 3 or 4 if you release the 4th one by the time you do a kickstarter, in a bundle. you can other things like for example there are plenty ideas from the other comic Kickstarter projects you can add in your bundles.
Karl

Post by Karl »

:|

Besides, Housepets! is intended to be a webcomic, not a full scare book project. Those books that are currently released are supposed to be addons for fans so they can get a little bonus from their beloved author.
I'm a bookworm!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Karlos wrote:full scare
ImageImage
ImageImage
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

Karlos wrote::|

Besides, Housepets! is intended to be a webcomic, not a full scare book project. Those books that are currently released are supposed to be addons for fans so they can get a little bonus from their beloved author.
who said that?
if a comic is popular enough i would think the writers/artists would want to print them so more people could enjoy reading them. not everyone has a computer and if the books where in retail stores a lot more people would be able to read it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

As is, the books are pretty much just extras for people who are already fans. I'm sure Rick would eventually like them to be more easily available.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sinder wrote:
Karlos wrote:full scare
<scare image>
Oo

Sinder... :)
Sleet wrote:As is, the books are pretty much just extras for people who are already fans. I'm sure Rick would eventually like them to be more easily available.
I agree with this. Maybe Mr. Griffin will do something like this one day. But for now, I think he's making everything step by step. After all, he already published two books.
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

*shrugs* Rick is a pretty good businessman at heart. I am sure he has the next ten years planned out for his life, and I am sure he will try a more public venue when the time comes to. I would think he is building a large fan base here first, if anything... then again, I cannot speak for the furret, I have no idea what goes through that crazy awesome mind of his. :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?