MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Is it my turn or are we waiting on someone else again?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

WELL then...

edit:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Is it my turn or are we waiting on someone else again?
I don't know about you, but Exranio needs to post.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it's Exranio.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Just to clarify: this is as far as I'm planning to take this at the moment...

Edit: the violence, I mean, not the RP...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yeah... You know how this was like a "reasonable" RP, with reasonable stuff going on?

Yeah..... I've sorta just gone full Eldrich Abomination on you guys... Hope you don't mind...

It just seemed very 'Betrayal at the House on the Hill' to me, so I was like, "Hey, why not pull the whole 'it bleeds tentacles' deal? It's a bucket of fun!"
(C'mon, the season finale did it, why can't I?)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm not complaining. Well, okay, maybe I find the fact that the house can repair itself a little ridiculous. I mean, if it can repair itself, why's it need an eldritch abomination for a guardian?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:I mean, if it can repair itself, why's it need an eldritch abomination for a guardian?
In the words of BioWare whenthey wcrewed up Mass Effect 3: stay tuned.
(Actually, it's just 'cause this makes everything more ridiculous. I like ridiculous... Just go look at the first season of Brookshire Meadows...)

Besides, I never said that it was doing a good job: burned wood is burned wood, and a big hole is hard to repair with splinters...
Here, I'll go alter it a little...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Penwrite wrote:I mean, if it can repair itself, why's it need an eldritch abomination for a guardian?
In the words of BioWare whenthey wcrewed up Mass Effect 3: stay tuned.
(Actually, it's just 'cause this makes everything more ridiculous. I like ridiculous... Just go look at the first season of Brookshire Meadows...)

Besides, I never said that it was doing a good job: burned wood is burned wood, and a big hole is hard to repair with splinters...
Here, I'll go alter it a little...
:( Now I feel like a jerk...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote::( Now I feel like a jerk...
Hey, it's back and fourth. I'm still feeling down that I haven't been the best dungeon-master here, and I'm still not feeling like I'm doing a good job, but I do keep worrying that you might ragequit on me again...

Can we agree that I'll do my best to see this through without pushing too hard in the wrong directions, and you'll go easy on me when it comes to whether or not we continue? I'm fine with criticism, but you're a good roleplayer who posts regularly: I don't want you to leave because of my mistakes...

Edit: I wonder what happened to CTC, by the way....
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Penwrite wrote::( Now I feel like a jerk...
Hey, it's back and fourth. I'm still feeling down that I haven't been the best dungeon-master here, and I'm still not feeling like I'm doing a good job, but I do keep worrying that you might ragequit on me again...

Can we agree that I'll do my best to see this through without pushing too hard in the wrong directions, and you'll go easy on me when it comes to whether or not we continue? I'm fine with criticism, but you're a good roleplayer who posts regularly: I don't want you to leave because of my mistakes...

Edit: I wonder what happened to CTC, by the way....
Well, I posted as Sunset looking around, and I thought that because you control the house, RR, you'd respond as to what happened to her.

Though, I can post again as Sunset so she does something more interesting.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:I thought that because you control the house, RR, you'd respond as to what happened to her.
There.
"Oh, and the halls did that whole "light up as you go" thing..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:I'm not complaining. Well, okay, maybe I find the fact that the house can repair itself a little ridiculous. I mean, if it can repair itself, why's it need an eldritch abomination for a guardian?
You know what, I need to throw you a bone here: The house is nothing. I don't understand why you want to destroy it, but the house was just to be weird and interesting. The villain is the killer monster.

Now, if you just think of the house as a strange location, and only think of the monster as the threat, AND remember that Navy is TECHNICALLY the one who started this whole mess, then the table should feel alot less slanted... (in other words, you may want to consider not worrying about the house as much as HOLY CLOP IT'S A DEMONIC ALICORN HORSE THING)

Edit:
Um... NaylorFan... You MIGHT regret destroying the house like that... I'm just saying, I don't know why you're doing it, but it's probably not a good idea, and Penwrite might really feel bad that he was destroying what's basically a perfectly-preserved house... It also means that you're taking a long time to get to the second floor...

Just gonna throw that to you... Feel free to continue if you want...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

After being beaten and thrown around for the better part of a day, you expect Pen to be thinking straight?

Fine then.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

that actually makes perfect sense, Pen. Go about your business if you wish.

maybe He needs to hear someone scream to make him not think straight in the right direction.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:that actually makes perfect sense, Pen. Go about your business if you wish.

maybe He needs to hear someone scream to make him not think straight in the right direction.
Maybe he needs to have an actual use in the rp. But no, everything he does just makes the monster more dangerous. Looks like it's up to Navy to save the day, with her book she suddenly has which contains the secrets of the monster. Pen's completely superfluous.

Edit: sigh...I'm a terrible player...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Do what you want, I'm just trying to give you advice, 'cause you keep asking for me to give you a break...
Penwrite wrote:I'm a terrible player...
No... I'm just a terrible GM... :|
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Do what you want, I'm just trying to give you advice, 'cause you keep asking for me to give you a break...
Penwrite wrote:I'm a terrible player...
No... I'm just a terrible GM... :|
Edit: Yeah, you are, but oh well. And I don't keep asking for you to give us a break.

Also, when we began, you made it sound like the monster was just another defense mechanism of the house, so of course I'm going to think attacking the house is a good idea.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

So, me and Brent were just talking and some things have assembled themselves in my mind.

This arc has basically been the current economy: I crashed it back when I was trying to lead it in the beginning, and I've been desperately trying to bail it out ever since. If I seem like I don't care, it's because I have nothing more to be stressed over here: if I do everything I can think of to salvage a situation, but it doesn't work, then it's just not working, and worrying about it isn't going to help. It's occurred to me that we can scrap the story and call it a day, but what's the difference between that and giving up?

As Brent just put it, "I honestly wanna ride this runaway train all the way into the wall": I'd rather see this through to the end then just quit right here and now, and maybe it'll turn itself around at some point. Or not: I can't promise what I haven't been able to deliver so far.

So anyway, my question is, what do you guys think about that? Do we want to keep going with this runaway train, or do we want to just scrap it and try again with something else?
As I said, I'm for the idea of seeing it through. But it's not a good plan if no one else wants to do that...

In other news, looking at how all the characters behave in scenarios like this makes me think that this could go really well if we tried something like it again...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I plan on riding it out. And I promise, I'll try not to let my frustrations get the best of me again.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Meant to post yesterday but I got really really sick.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Okay, what's going on here?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no idea, but I know it's not my fault. Raccoon, Ceets, or Exranio should probably post.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

CTC said he was going to post, but in the 3 days I haven't been able to check back, he hasn't. I'm probably gonna post when I have time later tonight...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well I need something to respond to first!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I was pretty much waiting for some pony to yell out whatever spell would take out the monster. Some pony with a book.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I just realized that I never posted a full sheet for Navy, here's a sheet.
Name: Navy Blues
Race: Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: A stack of books

Picture: http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9109/navyblues.png

Appearance: Navy Blue coat, dark blue mane/tail, serious looking glasses. Navy herself is sleek and sly looking, and perfectly fits the stereotype of the seductive-librarian...

Personality: ...Of course, Navy also fits the stereotype of "crazy lady" when you really start getting to know her. She's OBSESSED with books, to a point where it's actually creepy, and has some VERY interesting ideas on how they think and feel. Yes, you heard me, think and feel. She wouldn't tell anyone, but she's actually had romantic relationships with several of the books in the library and her own private collection. Navy is a bookworm, but is pretty outgoing, and can be quite eloquent when she speaks up. She enjoys reading, especially learning, and would travel to the ends of Equestria to find interesting new books.

Cutie mark Info: Navy is an excellent studier, and is great at organizing and cataloging things in her mind. She spent a brief period as an assistant to a unicorn-pony scientist, and it was there that she discovered her talents and earned her cutie-mark. It's a secret, and quite odd little bit of magic, but Navy can "hear the voices of the books", and has the ability to somehow communicate with them, though this isn't something she understands or would go around telling anypony about... They wouldn't understand what we have....

Background: Navy is the town Librarian, and is very good at her job. She knows about pretty much everything in that library, and is a walking encyclopedia. That's probably why she hasn't lost her job yet, seeing as she's known for being VERY protective of the books. (of course, this could be played as being enthusiastic about her job) It's also rumored that she writes some rather odd stories about her friends... involving books... And that she's completely bonkers when you get to know her, and sleeps with books that she treats like colt-friends... Other than that though, she's a pretty cool mare, who does her job and enjoys the fresh air, a nice leafy salad, and the occasional muffin or cupcake, and greets all the ponies in town with a friendly smile and a wave, and goes to parties where she always has an interesting bit of information to inject into the conversation, and probably has a few dead bodies buried beneath the library! ...Wait... What?

Strength: 4
Perception: 6
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 6
Luck: 5
There, have fun with it.

== Edit ==
Soo... it's 6 - Dec - 2012, and I've decided to knock down Navy's perception in exchange for that last point of intelligence. I don't know SPECIAL very well. Whatever...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
exranio

Post by exranio »

It's a good thing you posted that ebcuase I was about to ask "How does Navy go from somewhat angry and sarcastic no-it-all to being the single happiest and most stupid character in the setting." Now it makes.... slightly more sense.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Navy scares me. Not to say she's a bad character, just...she scares me. Probably scares Penwrite too.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey guys, not gonna post any more for Navy until my turn. I just figured it'd be a nice gag and would speed things along....
exranio wrote:It's a good thing you posted that ebcuase I was about to ask "How does Navy go from somewhat angry and sarcastic no-it-all to being the single happiest and most stupid character in the setting." Now it makes.... slightly more sense.
She's crazy dude. I've been trying to imply it ever since I brought her in. Like, seriously? She's OBSESSED with books. That is not normal.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:she's a pretty cool mare, who does her job and enjoys the fresh air, a nice leafy salad, and the occasional muffin or cupcake, and greets all the ponies in town with a friendly smile and a wave, and goes to parties where she always has an interesting bit of information to inject into the conversation, and probably has a few dead bodies buried beneath the library! ...Wait... What?
See? Nutter!

Also, she's lost blood and probably has a concussion, and this whole thing has completely deviated from her carefully made plans. She's not thinking straight AT ALL. It stands to reason that she'd act nuts right about now... Kinda like when you can't find a friendship problem to write to the princess about, so you make a friendship problem. Right?
exranio

Post by exranio »

664V6.jpg
664V6.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 22717 times
Decent enough reason for the farcry from her previous behavior.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Your turn Exranio. I'll be back to post in about 5 hours or so...

Edit: also, I think I've said a few times in there that she's completely delerious, which makes sense, considering that she's a librarian who just got pummeled by a Dreadlord. It's a wonder she's even conscious at this point...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I may have posted out of turn-order, but Sunset didn't really do too much besides show up. Still totally invisible.

And yes, Navy scares me too.
But she'd get along great with Sunset. Sunset doesn't really question things, she just accepts them. So if Navy wants to talk to books, Sunset would probably try to become friends with the books using Navy as a Middle-Mare.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

It's Penwrite and Exranio's turn...
ctcmjh wrote:I may have posted out of turn-order, but Sunset didn't really do too much besides show up. Still totally invisible.
That's fine, your turn had gone away a few weeks before...
And yes, Navy scares me too.
But she'd get along great with Sunset. Sunset doesn't really question things, she just accepts them. So if Navy wants to talk to books, Sunset would probably try to become friends with the books using Navy as a Middle-Mare.
Yeah, Navy is a tad nutty when I get into her personality. You might want to have Sunset notice that she's got a spell to defeat the monster...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm just waiting for the spell to be revealed...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

You could react to things that are going on....
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well it does seem like your sort of stalling.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

...Me? I'm just watching things happen and thinking "****, I don't want to shut this off just yet..." You guys seem to be enjoying this monster battle or whatever, and I just feel that having my character pull out the spell and let Penwrite win it instantly without giving you ample time to fight it would be... "unfair"? I dunno... If you really want it to wind down, I'll give it to him on my next post, I just wanted everyone to get in whatever they wanted to, seeing as it's pulling out of its nose-dive...

CTC> you wanna do anything with Sunset?

Mod Edit: Please do not evade the profanity filter. If you must self-censor, it is best to completely obliterate the offending word with asterisks.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite has a broken leg, if I hadn't made that clear. He's not really able to take part in the battle beyond firing off that spell.
exranio

Post by exranio »

So I was thinking. I know this is housepets forum and 1 MLP RP room is already pushing it. But lets say those people who left originally really did leave because of the story we started up. Like they only wanted your standard slice of life stuff, but we want more adventurous stuff. Well maybe there should be just maybe 2 MLP RPs here. One for simple slice of life and another where we keep this up. I mean at this point we're sort of like Buff the Vampire Slayer ponies. Being awesome, fighting monsters. If that's why everyone left we might as well just keep it this way. If they came back the same problem could just happen again.

Short version. We just have two MLP RPs on this forum
One for action like this, the other for slice of life.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

exranio wrote:So I was thinking. I know this is housepets forum and 1 MLP RP room is already pushing it. But lets say those people who left originally really did leave because of the story we started up. Like they only wanted your standard slice of life stuff, but we want more adventurous stuff. Well maybe there should be just maybe 2 MLP RPs here. One for simple slice of life and another where we keep this up. I mean at this point we're sort of like Buff the Vampire Slayer ponies. Being awesome, fighting monsters. If that's why everyone left we might as well just keep it this way. If they came back the same problem could just happen again.

Short version. We just have two MLP RPs on this forum
One for action like this, the other for slice of life.
I think this is a very good idea.