Housepets! Jam

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

thrasherblades

Housepets! Jam

Post by thrasherblades »

So I've kinda decided to do up a thread to contribute to the forum of this awesome comic.

Ever since the comic strip They Always Know, I've been muffins and cookies inspired to let the Housepets! gang uncover their talents one by one, or maybe more than that.

I'm not that much of an artist (although I could try drawing in the days to come, maybe furry too) but I have always like to compose short little theme songs for comics. Some of which I have previously attempted was the Slightly Damned comic, but I had no time as I had work and my own band as well. But things have lightened up as I can now prioritize my commitments and so I'll be spending my weekends getting the Housepets! pets to compose these monthly (and hopefully enough, weekly) themes for you all to download and enjoy. And who knows, you might wanna use these theme songs for future radio plays? :)

These songs of mainly of the Guitar/Instrumental genre, but do message me if you're interested in taking part in the songwriting process (i.e recording, chord progressions, bass, vocals..) and for now they will be in a Rock and Jazz sounding concept.

Alright, so with that, I'll be posting up a preview of the very first theme song in the next reply.

Hope you enjoy it! Cheers =)
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Teh Brawler

Re: Housepets! Jam

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I think you mean that you want to do a theme song for the comic. If that's the case, there's already one here:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... p?f=2&t=96
If that's not what you mean, I'm lost. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Teh Brawler wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I think you mean that you want to do a theme song for the comic. If that's the case, there's already one here:
The link is broken; I'm asking if it can be repaired so we can hear it.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I think you mean that you want to do a theme song for the comic. If that's the case, there's already one here:
The link is broken; I'm asking if it can be repaired so we can hear it.
Sorry, not my department. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Liam

Post by Liam »

You mean this one? Let's hope Buckdida has a backup.

EDIT: Oh, ReCreate has one.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

If the interest is there, I will be more than happy to contribute to this. I play rhythm guitar and bass.
In fact I have a little project going that I need to finish up that is related to this in a way. It'll be done soon for y'all.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Ok just to clear up a lil' what I mean is that I'm gonna be doing different themes for the cast of the Housepets! comic. In the theme song itself I'll be expressing the characteristics and behaviours of him/her and I'll be selecting a genre to suit that. For example, Rex is headstrong and has a tough personality so I'll be doing the song in heavy metal. Tiger Arbelt has aggressive and paranoid attributes so I'll be doing fast rock with some funk maybe? And so on and so forth. And it'll "feature" the Housepets! Cast being a band as well, like for Sasha's theme which I'm currentlyworking on right now features Fido and Peanut on guitar.

Hope I've managed to elaborate clearly so far.

With that settled, I'll give you guys a preview of what has been conceived for the past few days. Here is Sasha's Theme

Cheers =)

EDIT: Icharus you're a bassist too? Nice! It would be nice you can help me out as I don't have a bass. We can discuss more on msn and also share audacity files if you have the programmes that is, so we can work with a click track. Do PM me if you're interested and wanna find out more. Thanks =)
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

thrasherblades wrote:Ok just to clear up a lil' what I mean is that I'm gonna be doing different themes for the cast of the Housepets! comic. In the theme song itself I'll be expressing the characteristics and behaviours of him/her and I'll be selecting a genre to suit that. For example, Rex is headstrong and has a tough personality so I'll be doing the song in heavy metal. Tiger Arbelt has aggressive and paranoid attributes so I'll be doing fast rock with some funk maybe? And so on and so forth. And it'll "feature" the Housepets! Cast being a band as well, like for Sasha's theme which I'm currentlyworking on right now features Fido and Peanut on guitar.

Hope I've managed to elaborate clearly so far.

With that settled, I'll give you guys a preview of what has been conceived for the past few days. Here is Sasha's Theme

Cheers =)

EDIT: Icharus you're a bassist too? Nice! It would be nice you can help me out as I don't have a bass. We can discuss more on msn and also share audacity files if you have the programmes that is, so we can work with a click track. Do PM me if you're interested and wanna find out more. Thanks =)
It won't let me download it, I'm not sure the file share sight you're using is legit. :(
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Have you tried clicking the "Save File to PC: Click here" link below the page? I was bit lost too when I tried downloading it as well.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

ooh, sounds very interesting! i say go for it :3
WHAT!? CAT FANCIER??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?.........
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Gee thanks! Have you checked out the preview yet?
Jack

Post by Jack »

hmm... interesting. im sorry, but, i just don't see how what you made has.. well, anything to do with Sasha, :/ (no offense)
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8