Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Nightfirex

Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven

Post by Nightfirex »

I don't think there was anything that can prepare me for that particular ending. One more comic is seem before the end of this arc but I still hold to the idea that Pete is still desperate. This recent comic confirms it, his "evil" laugh, is just a foreshadowing of what to come. I go back to my previous statement that Pete is partly a jerk but I also agree that his nature of doing so is for that separation to not get hurt again. With Dragon confronting him outside of the court house to talk him out of trying to gain Pete back, I think that was a motive to let Joel be was for the sake of Joel's soul. Some would think that Dragon maybe worried that game is being taken to far cause now someone soul can get hurt. I think at that point is when the court will deal a harsher punishment, though their terms of a harsh punishment is unknown to us but I think Dragon knows and despite the duel I don't think she wants the outcome to end up with the lost of a player maybe friend and a soul that lost his way cause of arrogance and manipulation. But I am not a mind reader so back to the funny comics once more till this plot cycle through again.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Dang it, Rick...
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Nightfirex wrote: But I am not a mind reader so back to the funny comics once more till this plot cycle through again.
Agreed, better not to strain the mind so much and just laugh it out until the issue is brought up again.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

I'll just throw this out here.

King's love for Bailey was all part of Pete's plans, and this genuinely makes him happy. Perhaps the Dark Paladin can become an even more powerful class, or is more powerful when in love.

And about that laugh, everyone knows someone with a ridiculous laugh.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Or they become super powerful when they lose a loved one...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

That's my guess. Then he finds some way to blame Tarot and the duel commences.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

You guys realize you are suggesting character death and/or lasting heartbreak in HOUSEPETS, right? :? :P
Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

No, not character death, just regular heartbreak that Bailey will have to come to Babylon Gardens and calm King down before his powers destroy the world. (Ok, not that wild, there is just going to be a misunderstanding somewhere between King and Bailey I think)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Heh and my guess is that the 'misunderstanding' is going to be something trivial that King blows out of proportion for comedic effect. :lol:

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Liam

Post by Liam »

It won't come to lasting heartbreak.

Because Rick is all too well aware we would lynch him in this case.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Anyone else get the feeling we aren't going to see the other U&U game? We will just see this duel and then the comic will end or the other U&U game will never be brought up again? (except in passing mention by whoever loses this duel)
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

I cannot imagine why that would happen. What makes you feel that way?
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

valerio wrote:tricky tricky here.
for how much I am tempted to say that in the previous game Pete cried only for the demise of his precious avatar, the way he was depicted in the previous panel showed some...sweetness. perhaps, THAT time he had nurtured a genuine affection, who knows?
But there is another aspect to consider: unless the nerds collected avatars and kept them in frozen time capsules, it's sure they see them die one after the other in what is for them a very short time. heck, either Dragon has a whole immortal army, or in 5000 years she lost a lot of avatars.
It tends to harden one's heart against loss...
But then again do they meet again in the afterlife? It would make for some awkward revelations...
Karl

Post by Karl »

IceKitsune wrote:...and then the comic will end
How dare you...
I'm a bookworm!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RootsofOrigin wrote:I cannot imagine why that would happen. What makes you feel that way?
Personally its mostly because of how slow this part of the story line is already moving (though some of that is from the backlash it causes) and the fact is that the bigger the scope gets for a storyline like this, the more likely it is to take over and dominate the comic itself. Now mind you it doesn't mean it will just that it makes it increasingly likely as the scope gets bigger.
Karlos wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:...and then the comic will end
How dare you...
Sadly all good things must come to an end eventually. Rick can't do this comic forever.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I foresee a King ark coming up. And Pete is going to screw with him. I like King and hate Pete, so the future King ark will be quite interesting. Though I do agree that Pete by have planned King x Bailey. But I think he is making some stuff as he goes on now.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it'll be a bit before a King arc, unless it's a completely silly one. Usually things get lighthearted after all this plot gets dropped on our collective heads.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Agreed. Rick pretty much confirmed this. I foresee a Peanut and Grape arc, a Fiddler and Keys arc (PLEASE!), and THEN the King arc. At least. That's how these things usually go.

As for the the end of the comic thing, Rick is writing this story in a way that I never would. But he's not me. Thing is, Chewy was right about having to "emotionally switch gears" when it comes to going back and forth from the serious plot-driven stuff, and the lighthearted stuff. And the serious stuff has been going on, in one form or another, for a LONG time. I'd sure HOPE the end of that wouldn't be the end of the comic. Babylon 5 ended the Shadows and Vorlons storyline, which I had interest in, at the beginning of its fourth season, and they STILL had roughly two seasons left in them, and different stories. I see no reason why the King arc, or Nerds arc, or any other story arc can't end before the comic is over, and then another arc takes over, like the Fido and Sabrina thing. Unless, of course, Rick were to say so. But this ain't King's comic, or Pete's comic, or maybe even Peanut and Grape's. It's an ensemble thing.

I also foresee something backfiring SPECTACULARLY for Pete. Karishad will probably be involved. And pointy stuff.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I wouldn't mind more teasing from Rick X3 *Gets bricked by the fanbase*

Ok, fine. I know the story has it's essential main cast now, and this is apaprantly suppose to be a more serious year to clear things out, so my suggestion would be behind the backgrounds of Maxwell, Sabrina and Tarot more specifically and to see how serious they are compared to the likes of, say, Grape and Peanut?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

GameCobra wrote:this is apaprantly suppose to be a more serious year to clear things out
Huhwhawha?? :| :? What gives that idea?
Karl

Post by Karl »

PhoenixAsper wrote:
GameCobra wrote:this is apaprantly suppose to be a more serious year to clear things out
Huhwhawha?? :| :? What gives that idea?
Well, since the author of this comic is such a weird person, we will experience many of his surprises and twists :)
I'm a bookworm!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

you were right , Rick. It's funny. :lol:
thank you for adding this.

King, just ignoring Tarot won't solve your problems.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Well that was mean, King! >:o
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

King just doesn't care anymore and I don't blame him I would be beyond fed up with this if I was him. And isn't that technically Dragon talking since Tarots eyes are green?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

:lol: Seems King is tired of hearing that from Tarot.

Nice ending. Very funny. And he does not need to reach the handle to slam the door shut.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

copper wrote::lol: Seems King is tired of hearing that from Tarot.

Nice ending. Very funny. And he does not need to reach the handle to slam the door shut.
but he does need to open it to slam it shut, presumably with the doorknob.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

look, let her come back, and I'll face the peril
ImageImage
ImageImage
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Listening Tarot here would probably prevented a lot of corgi angst in the future. Well I guess that's what you get when you're being rude.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

EvanAierkan wrote:Listening Tarot here would probably prevented a lot of corgi angst in the future. Well I guess that's what you get when you're being rude.
Considering what their Game has done to him and the fact that she refused to help him before with Duchess I really don't blame King for what he just did.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Well, so much for that. Now what?
IceKitsune wrote:Considering what their Game has done to him and the fact that she refused to help him before with Duchess I really don't blame King for what he just did.
Being forced into a game run by "omnipotent" nerds will do that to you.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

NOPE!
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I guess it's revenge time. But he should have listened to her this time.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

This is Rick's revenge for the fans being negative? :?

Seriously, now I feel like begging for it. How's a guy to fully enjoy the funny animal antics in the comic with THIS albatross hanging around its neck?? At least it looks like the King and Bailey 3-arc thing will be addressed when we see him again.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm pretty sure Rick didn't even have any "dire peril" in mind when he wrote this. Relax.

Tarot's pretty adorable here. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

PhoenixAsper wrote:This is Rick's revenge for the fans being negative? :?

Seriously, now I feel like begging for it. How's a guy to fully enjoy the funny animal antics in the comic with THIS albatross hanging around its neck?? At least it looks like the King and Bailey 3-arc thing will be addressed when we see him again.
I meant King's revenge againast Tarot. Remember how she didn't want to help him even when the subject matter had nothing to do with the game?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

He's got 99 problems but peril ain't one. I have the feeling that after all King has been put through just a warning of dire peril isn't going to get him off his seat.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Somehow i pictured her warning him with the combination of: floating,crystal ball,scary green eyes, voice echoing with great power and hands in the air. Then the door slam would be much more epic =3

But still, i feel sorry for Tarot when she warns someone of impending doom, she gets the door slammed shut on her. Not that she doesn't deserve it, but still ;_;
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

GameCobra wrote:But still, i feel sorry for Tarot when she warns someone of impending doom, she gets the door slammed shut on her. Not that she doesn't deserve it, but still ;_;
No, she DID probably see it coming. The immediately turn around and say to seemingly nothing, "I told you it wouldn't work!"
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Liam

Post by Liam »

Either that, or Rule Of Comedy.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:No, she DID probably see it coming. The immediately turn around and say to seemingly nothing, "I told you it wouldn't work!"
Actually, i'd go as far as say she surely seen it coming.

But still, i wonder if Tarot takes these things personally at times? Would be funny if she adapted a little strategy in the future just to show how annoyed she was at getting some of the answers, even if she's not suppose to be.