Homestuck

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Nyaliva

Re: Homestuck

Post by Nyaliva »

Nitrosparxx wrote:
Anyway, on to the most recent update: I feel like it's been mentioned before but - oh the irony, Dirk and Roxy are the only two humans left in the future and Dirk's gay...
Guess that's why she's so heavily adamant on her and Jake hooking up
Yeah and simultaneously pushing Jane AND Dirk to ask out Jake in her drunken stupour.

I mean John is probably going to end up with Vriska or Karkat, Dave'll probably end up with Terezi, Rose'll end up with Kanaya and Jade I don't know but she doesn't exactly have anyone human does she? Well Jake but he's supposed to be her grandson so that's kind of...ewww...So yeah, Jake has a very tough decision to make.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Has it been confirmed Dirk doesn't like girls? Which I don't think matters, because aren't Dirk and Roxy kind of like brother and sister? Which might matter, I guess, 'cause Dirk seems to go by troll standards of relationships, meaning that might not be an issue to him.
Nyaliva wrote:
Nitrosparxx wrote:
Anyway, on to the most recent update: I feel like it's been mentioned before but - oh the irony, Dirk and Roxy are the only two humans left in the future and Dirk's gay...
Guess that's why she's so heavily adamant on her and Jake hooking up
Yeah and simultaneously pushing Jane AND Dirk to ask out Jake in her drunken stupour.

I mean John is probably going to end up with Vriska or Karkat, Dave'll probably end up with Terezi, Rose'll end up with Kanaya and Jade I don't know but she doesn't exactly have anyone human does she? Well Jake but he's supposed to be her grandson so that's kind of...ewww...So yeah, Jake has a very tough decision to make.
Whoah whoah, hold on. First, not everyone has to "end up with" someone. And even if they did, there are issues with this:

1.) Vriska is dead.
2.) John doesn't like boys.
3.) John is probably incapable of experiencing anything even close to caliginous love.
4.) Rose does not like girls.

Dave and Terezi is pretty much the only human-troll relationship with any possibility but even then I'm not sure I think it's likely. Karkat did suggest that John was going to marry Rose and Dave was going to marry Jade, so I dunno! That might happen, or it might not. They're going to have to if they want to continue the human race, but I guess when they meet the alpha kids all bets are off. Though since all Prospit dreamers are related, as are all Derse dreamers, that only allows two possible pairings for each human, plus Jake and Dirk with each other.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

I suspect many troll hybrids in the future Whoa, these relasionships are getting pretty hard to follow :?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:4.) Rose does not like girls.
no matter, that would likely be a moiraillegience, which is comparable to a really close human friendship. This is a totally viable ship, but it would just mean different things for each of the parties involved.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think they really keep each other in line though. I just think they have a mutual grudging respect for one another and their snarky horsepoop.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

I suppose that's generally how flighty broads act around each other.

Actually, something that's been bothering me is that Jane and Jake were put together to make John and Jade and yet Jade is referred to as Jake's grandmother. Additionally, the most recent update suggests that Dirk and Roxy refer to Dave and Rose as their ancestors even though they were the result of an ectobiological combination of Dirk and Roxy. I suppose it's good to know they have the goop mixer which could be a viable method for procreation although it'd just be the same genes rolling around the human race. Perhaps they could appearify some people from the past just as they're about to be blown up or something to widen the populace and the gene pool?

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Nyaliva wrote:I suppose that's generally how flighty broads act around each other.

Actually, something that's been bothering me is that Jane and Jake were put together to make John and Jade and yet Jade is referred to as Jake's grandmother. Additionally, the most recent update suggests that Dirk and Roxy refer to Dave and Rose as their ancestors even though they were the result of an ectobiological combination of Dirk and Roxy. I suppose it's good to know they have the goop mixer which could be a viable method for procreation although it'd just be the same genes rolling around the human race. Perhaps they could appearify some people from the past just as they're about to be blown up or something to widen the populace and the gene pool?
I'm not quite sure that's how the process goes. As far too my knowledge, the machine that baby clones is always predetrminded at the start of a sburb session (because I think someone said that in order for the game to have a complete cycle, the players must make paradox clones of themselves and their anscetors). As for the machine Roxy has, it could probably be used, but it probably wouldn't work the same way the one in sburb works.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I was told to read this because it was good. I went through the entire archive..... did not care for it at all. :|

As for the whole ancestors thing, I think the game goes into Beta as a test run, then the Alpha kicks in once the beta is over. The trolls are really from the alpha and their ancestors are the original players. The same goes for these guys. The Beta failed, so the Alpha kicked in and is correcting the mistakes. I think it is just a cosmic mechanism to ensure a new universe is created once the intelligent life is extinguished.... perhaps I am mistaken, though.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hey guys... Rufio just met Rufio
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yes. Now to see him die...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I just realized... as I'm ashamed of my real patron troll (Equius is lame) I will start I dentifying UU/uu as my patron troll, since If Ophiuchus were an actual zodiac sign, that would be mine.

especially if this is an accurate representation of... is UU/uu a dude or a chick.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

At least your patrol troll isn't Eridan!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:At least your patrol troll isn't Eridan!
true, because that means you don't get Uu to fall back on. but as a character, I think they're both pretty awful.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Equius has far more redeeming qualities. He's still one of my least favorite characters, but he's not nearly as bad as the first impression of him is.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I like the latest update. It's an awesome music video.

also, I've decided on what my Chumhandle would be. ArcanePwwka (Pwwka is the Welsh equivalent of a shape-shifting Irish faerie that can take many forms, with dark fur in most forms, and it likes to take the form of a horse. I have Irish and Welsh blood in me, I'm a shape-shifter with many forms, but most of my forms include dragon wings, and I'm a brony. perfect, right? oh, and Arcane because magic.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Talk about soundtrack dissonance! I really like Black, though. I wish they used that one!

I'd be dogwhistleConcerto, if I didn't say that yet.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

That was a very interesting cut-scene, nice pacing and some strange and interesting events...

Actually, I've never given it much thought the whole time I've been reading, although I read everything up to Cascade in a week so I've only been reading it for the past 6 months or so...

I'd probably be euclideanInsomniac

I love maths and number theory and the types of things that often put people to sleep usually make me excited and I've more than once stayed awake in bed doing puzzles or contemplating maths problems. Heck, right now it's like 1:30am and I've got a test for my number theory subject tomorrow (or rather today) at 10am.

Or I could be empathicMathematician because I'm cool and calculating but I'm the best friend you could ever have.

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

EI sounds better.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

oh wow you guys are the worst.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I just realized... as I'm ashamed of my real patron troll (Equius is lame)]
No, equius is the most awesome troll he is literally the best character.
as a teeny little kid he chose "centaursTesticle" as a username what a GREAT KID what kind of kid would do that
only the very awesomest kid.
Sleet wrote:At least your patrol troll isn't Eridan!
Eridan is a lame person but a great character full of complexities and someone the audience loves to hate, but still very well put together.

UU/uu (let's just call him uU) is a boy. "Uranian" is an archaic term for someone who is gay/genderqueer/etc., meaning that the body that houses both uu and UU is probably male.
bwah bwah
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

Psykeout wrote:No, equius is the most awesome troll he is literally the best character.
as a teeny little kid he chose "centaursTesticle" as a username what a GREAT KID what kind of kid would do that
only the very awesomest kid.
No, No! Let's NOT be this guy now!
When Life gives you Lemons, Eat them raw.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it's more likely that uU is gender ambiguous with two dream selves and personalities, one fully male and one fully female.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

mccartneytm wrote:No, No! Let's NOT be this guy now!
man I just don't understand how it is physically possible to not like equius
Sleet wrote:I think it's more likely that uU is gender ambiguous with two dream selves and personalities, one fully male and one fully female.
A body can't be gender ambiguous.
Well I mean they can

but the wizard in the story was male too and so is andrew hussie.

I'm pretty sure I'm right.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

This is Homestuck. I think it's perfectly reasonable for it to happen. Not to mention we don't really know much about troll anatomy between the genders. For all we know uU is a hermaphrodite-type thing. Or, alternatively, they're like me: they have a gender but it's not revealed at all.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Sleet wrote:This is Homestuck. I think it's perfectly reasonable for it to happen. Not to mention we don't really know much about troll anatomy between the genders. For all we know uU is a hermaphrodite-type thing. Or, alternatively, they're like me: they have a gender but it's not revealed at all.
Well DUH they could be gender neutral that's a given. But He's been constantly dropping hints that the body is male. This is Homestuck Sleet if they're dropping hints at it that means that it's true
bwah bwah
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

How do we know that this particular troll can't change gender like one of those frogs from Jurassic Park. In that case, He'd be a dude in a dude's body, she'd be a chick in a chick's body, and they'd both be a dude and a chick in a dude/chick's body.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:How do we know that this particular troll can't change gender like one of those frogs from Jurassic Park. In that case, He'd be a dude in a dude's body, she'd be a chick in a chick's body, and they'd both be a dude and a chick in a dude/chick's body.
Psykeout wrote:Well DUH they could be gender neutral that's a given. But He's been constantly dropping hints that the body is male. This is Homestuck Sleet if they're dropping hints at it that means that it's true
bwah bwah
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but in my scenario, when he's in control of the body, the body is male.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

OK I've put this off long enough, time for me to read this.
Hopefully this doesn't take too long.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Wanderer wrote:OK I've put this off long enough, time for me to read this.
good luck. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It'll take pretty long. But you'll probably love it the whole time.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Wanderer wrote:OK I've put this off long enough, time for me to read this.
It took me a solid week to read through everything up to Cascade (you'll know it when you get to it) by reading whenever I had spare time, but I did work three nights that week, so I'd say if you have two weeks free power through it, otherwise take baby steps.

And stick with it! The first act or two are pretty boring but things get SOOOOOOOOO much better after that.

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:but in my scenario, when he's in control of the body, the body is male.
which is just a fancy way of saying the body is gender neutral.
Sleet wrote:It'll take pretty long. But you'll probably love it the whole time.
Unless you spend half the time hating it. :B

Homestuck is great, yeah, But it's basically the most terrible thing ever invented and if you don't hate it and love it together, you might not be reading it right.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nyaliva wrote:(you'll know it when you get to it)
So the end of Act 5. Yep.
Nyaliva wrote:And stick with it! The first act or two are pretty boring but things get SOOOOOOOOO much better after that.
I actually liked Act 1. I guess I'm weird.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Homestuck was good from page 2
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Page 1 was kind of slow but it picked up.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Yeah I liked it the whole way through but one friend read it from 2009 and has been on me to read it ever since, always saying how epic it was and showing me all the flash animations, expecting me to understand how awesome they are without any context so the first acts, while they were great, didn't live up to his praise. My other friend also started reading it, got through half of the first act and was like "this is so boring, why are you making me read this!" I told him it gets better but he refuses to read it now.

For me, the flash when Rose entered the game was when I first thought Homestuck was truly worthy of it's praise and it's still one of my favourite pieces of music from Homestuck (maybe just behind Saviour of the Dreaming Dead).
Sleet wrote:
Nyaliva wrote:(you'll know it when you get to it)
So the end of Act 5. Yep.
I know, it's just the numbering got weird from Act 5 and Cascade is such a huge milestone I'd rather say "when you get to Cascade" than "the end of Act 5".

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I haven't had much time to read this but the first arc was incredibly dull.
It got better as it went on though.
I'm near the end of Act 2 (I'm so slow lol)
But I absolutely love the flash animations. It seems like it would take such a long time, I'm not even sure how the author pops out 5 pages of these everyday.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It gets better. Things just get awesome.

Also, Jake is kinda adorable. Which is weird considering what he's doing.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Wow I hope he doesn't actually kill her! why isn't anyone trying to stop him?

If he did kill her though that would be a nice way to set things in motion, as well as add more drama because he would have totally messed up his chances with Aranea. Can you even kill a ghost?
Jake is a ghost buster.

I'll be ok, as long as Jake doesn't kill her and then he never learns that he did something wrong because he won't listen when people try to explain to him about Scratches.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah I doubt he'll kill her. I mean, she's dead already. And Jake's a pretty harmless guy; I doubt he knows how to kill someone other than shooting them or punching them until they stop moving, the latter of which gives their friends plenty of time to stop talking and help her.