Housepets! Driving?

Discuss the comic here
CanadianHero

Housepets! Driving?

Post by CanadianHero »

What if the government passed a law letting pets drive? There are cars that have the accelerator and brakes on the steering wheel so even King could drive.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Housepets! Driving?

Post by copper »

I don't think that would be a good idea. I mean, in this universe, pet's mental capacity would not reach higher than a 16 year old humans. Just barely able. I don't think they'd make good drivers. I mean, just look at the ferrets... :?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Gren

Post by Gren »

copper wrote:I don't think that would be a good idea. I mean, in this universe, pet's mental capacity would not reach higher than a 16 year old humans. Just barely able. I don't think they'd make good drivers. I mean, just look at the ferrets... :?
I don't think that all the animals are so childish. King has his mind intact after his change. Other dogs like Fido and Fox are clearly more mature than most of the other pets (and for one reason Fido is the leader of ALL the pet comunity). Other animals like the wolfs, specially Miles, I think they are enought mature at least to have a driver license (come on, they can have their own house and work as bodyguards... what on earth they can't have a car?)
ImageImage
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Doing a bit of age ratios, I get that a pet would have to be about 8 before getting a drivers license, which I believe the majority of our pets are not.
Even taking extra maturity by that age etc, I still think there would have to be some serious extenuating circumstances before legislation would ever get anywhere near passed for this.
(Also, ferrets and Karishad should not be driving ever :lol: )
Gren

Post by Gren »

Obbl wrote:Doing a bit of age ratios, I get that a pet would have to be about 8 before getting a drivers license, which I believe the majority of our pets are not.
Even taking extra maturity by that age etc, I still think there would have to be some serious extenuating circumstances before legislation would ever get anywhere near passed for this.
Yeah I know. I don't think they have the rights for this, and frankly I neither expected. It's very difficult that we see them driving in the near future, but at least the hope still there XD
(Also, ferrets and Karishad should not be driving ever :lol: )
neither Peanut :lol:

imagine:

Peanut + Karishad + a car = Babylon Gardens blow up
Peanut + Karishad + a car + Orange drink = Twisted Metal (yeeeaaaaahh XD)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wouldn't trust them driving. I imagine they lack the maturity.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post by 0404 »

I think it'll be alright for special pets like Fido and his police unit pets, But only in case of emergency.

Also I never seen housepet riding a bike or tricycle.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sleet wrote:I wouldn't trust them driving. I imagine they lack the maturity.
Not sure if I'd trust them, either.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I think dogs and cats are too short to drive, even in Housepets' tall-pet-land.
Image Image
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

CaptainPea wrote:I think dogs and cats are too short to drive, even in Housepets' tall-pet-land.
But you're not looking at the bigger picture here. Mr.Bean did it, why not pets? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zavsd6etz_Q
texascat018 wrote:I think it'll be alright for special pets like Fido and his police unit pets, But only in case of emergency.

First time for everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roJzWYiXFtg
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Considering the maturity level of many drivers in the real world, there are several pets from the comic that I'd trust infinitely more to make proper usage of a driver's license.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

KJOokami wrote:Considering the maturity level of many drivers in the real world, there are several pets from the comic that I'd trust infinitely more to make proper usage of a driver's license.
Agreed.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Gren

Post by Gren »

EvanAierkan wrote:
First time for everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roJzWYiXFtg
AWESOME!!! :o
it could be great if this in the comic. Biclycle cops! or even better, ATV cops! Here in Argentina the police use this vehicles, so don't will seem unusual at all (at least here XD). I think there will be very funny to see the Fido's gang using this kind of vehicles, and they fit perfect XD
ImageImage
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Most of the Housepets crew is pretty short, with only a few of them coming up to their owners waist. That would make driving a not only pretty hard, but who would insure a animal?
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Basically here is how that would go...
"Look out it's Peanut!"
*SCCCRRREEEEEECCCHHHH*
"Oh God he's going to crash into the-"
*B00M*
"-Living room..."
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The police dogs have extensively proven that dogs possess the necessary maturity and could even be trusted with cars.
Problem is, when you always treat your pet like a child without granting nothing more than a carefreee life without the burden of complications, of course the pet will hardly feel the need to 'elevate' itself over the current status.
Grape, in this sense, shows a lot of social conscience and maturity.

Anyway, the real problem with housepets driving cars is that the industry should design special models and accessories, and that for a clientele that couldn't buy them. And since police dogs (for example) get to ride with their human partners it is pointless to spend millions for the joy of driving.
But I can see a go-kart market for housepets, yes...
DanTwelve3

Post by DanTwelve3 »

valerio wrote:But I can see a go-kart market for housepets, yes...
I would pay to see a housepets go-kart racing series. Eat your heart out, IndyCar.

Really, since there are many go-kart racing series out there for kids (with rich parents), this isn't a stretch at all.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Mario Kart: Housepets! Edition.

I'd play it.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
McFly

Post by McFly »

KJOokami wrote:Mario Kart: Housepets! Edition.

I'd play it.
Heck yeah!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Go Karts... now there's an idea. The ferrets buying enough go karts for every pet to pair up and race. Yeah, that would be an awesome arc! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?

Post by 0404 »

:oops:
merged
Last edited by 0404 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't understand what that has to do with animals from this universe driving...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Dissension wrote:I don't understand what that has to do with animals from this universe driving...
If you are talking about the pictures then I believe they are sketches for crash helmets that are mandatory for go kart racing. Working out the helmet dimensions required to fit each species to avoid head injury in case of a crash which is necessary. My quad biking endeavor proved that.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

The world would be a dark, dark place.
*cough*

Post by 0404 »

ahhh My mistake :oops: why did I posted here? :oops:my apologies
Wolfy wrote:
Dissension wrote:I don't understand what that has to do with animals from this universe driving...
If you are talking about the pictures then I believe they are sketches for crash helmets that are mandatory for go kart racing. Working out the helmet dimensions required to fit each species to avoid head injury in case of a crash which is necessary. My quad biking endeavor proved that.
thats a brilliant Idea, I'll come up with one soon
EveningPen

Post by EveningPen »

Even though there are a hand full of mature pets and yeah say that they do get a license, woundn't it still be a problem? Aren't the dogs in the Housepets! unable to see color, have a hard time with stop lights and other signs on the road?
I dunno, the idea seems like fun, but there would still be the problem for dogs, or does real world logic not apply here? :?
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

What about Itsuki and the tanuki population in Japan? Being considered citizens of the country do they get driving privliges in the increasingly car-centric Japan? Itsuki's family sent him to college to learn how to start an automobile company - would those just be human cars or tunuki adapted ones, or both?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

This came up in Pet Friendly a couple times, but I won't bore you with the details. (though I'm pretty sure Sid, Pavelle, and Venison have all hijacked cars at some point in their lives...)

I think non-domesticated animals, like Miles, are perfectly capable of driving. On top of that, think about people in real life: how many good drivers act like they have no sense when they're not behind the wheel? Heck, my psychologist told me that I'm insane (she works for them, I don't trust her), and I'm still pretty serious when it comes to driving. I'm sure if the police dogs are responsible and intelligent enough for police work, they're responsible enough to drive, even Kevin, who's acting like a nut right now...
EvanAierkan wrote:But you're not looking at the bigger picture here. Mr.Bean did it, why not pets? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zavsd6etz_Q
I think I'm in love with this man.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)