There coulb be trouble ahead
and magical fights.
8-) I'll be waiting.
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Burning embers II: Flames that never die

Post by copper »

Whoops, looks like there will be some romantic confusion ahead.

Seems Cole and Ember are really becoming close as siblings now.

A license, eh? Cole must be the cat's meow. :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter twelve: Hills of blood

"Cole! Stop!" Ember yelled.

"Waaaaah~?!" Cole said, slamming the brakes on, "Don't scare me like that ember! I was in my happy place! This'd better be good!"

"There's the hills of blood!" Ember said.

"Where?" Cole asked, squinting in the wrong direction.

"There!" Ember said, pointing to a group of hills clustered with poppies.

"Are you sure? I mean, there just a bunch of hills with some flowers on 'em."

"Yeaaah!! The red poppies make them look like they're covered in blood!" Ember said.

"Okaay... On that cherry thought, let's go get ourselves a dragon!" Cole said, stepping out of the car, followed by three others.

"Ember...?" Cole asked, rubbing dirt off his paws. He looked at his brother weirily. They had been searching for hours and found nothing except mud and grass and flowers.

"Yes?" Ember asked, beaming. Unlike the others, Ember hadn't given up.

"You are sure these are the hills of blood, aren't you." Cole said, lifting a shopping trolley off the muddy hill.

"Yes." Ember said, closing his eyes in a big grin.

"How sure?" Cole asked.

"About... 12%." Ember smiled.

"What?! Only 12%!! That's bull****! You f***ing SLAVE DRIVER!" Cole yelled.

"Language..." warned Ember, smiling mischeviously.

"I-" Cole started to yell.

"Hey guys! I've found something!!" Luna yelled over him.

"Great!" Ember said, running towards her and Iris. Cole had no choice but to follow, fuming.

"I looks like some sort of rune," Luna said, crounching over a slab of rock with a swirl symbol on it.

"Symbol for wind mixed with water, so basically rain." Cole said, in a bored voice, "Used for ancient entrance enchantments. Mostly tombs, but sometimes librarys and such. Can be released simply and easily, that's proberbly why it's so well hidden. Judging by the fact it's very basic, I'd say it's been around for up to a million billion years or so, when they were only just learning about magic."

"Wow, how'd you know that?" Luna asked, in awe.

Cole shrugged. "I read."

Ember bent down, and opened the seal. It came away easily, and the stone crumbled into dust, revealing a long, winding, muddy tunnel.

"Well guys," Cole said, "The only way is forward."
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Almost there!
C'mon i cant wait for the battle.... cause theres gona be a battle right?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmmm, this is interesting, wonder where it leads.

Well, there goes Ember being himself. Wonder what is going to happen now.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Well, guys, I'm currently working on some art for this. And I'm real busy at the moment. But I've had some spare time, lately, so here's an early update.

Chapter twelve: Tunnels of fear

"Onwards, Men And women too, I guess, To certain doom." Cole said, happily. "Ladies first?" He asked, hoepfully.

"Not this time." Iris said.

"Worth a try. I suppose the hero of the story must go first." Cole said. A pause. "That's you, Ember."

"Oh, really?" Ember asked, stunned. "K'ay." He began to crawl through the tunnel, coughing. The rest of the group followed single-file.

Eventually, the tunnels widened enough for stooping, and then for standing. The mud walls were damp and disgusting. Small stones and rocks linened the walls, some big, some small, crawling with woodlice and ants. Light was dim, and the pets had to keep their hands on the walls to make sure they walked forward. Eventually they were walking in pitch blackness, the type of blackness that pressed on your eyes and made you wonder if your eyes were open or shut.

"Hey guys, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel." Cole said.

"Really?" Ember squinted, but he couldn't see anything.

"Yeah. Oh, wait. It's red." Cole said.

"What, red? Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's defineitly red."

Sure enough, when they closed in on the light, it was bright red as blood. As they moved closer, they realized fragments of the red were slightly different shades. Some were lighter, some were darker. Closer still, they realized what they were. They were scales.

Deathbunny yawned and leaned back in his throne as ruler of the world. It was a nice throne. Comfy. Golden. Jewel-covered. Expensive. All then things a throne needed to be. He closed his swirling purple eyes and let out another yawn. His soft blonde bunny ears flopped over his face. Being world-leader was hard- there was no time for sleep. He had to write his list of demands for the world leaders.

He'd get sleep when he really was king of the world. He streatched his paws out and closed them on air. Soft purple clouds like dust drifted slowly up from his palms. The clouds exaporated.

The emense red dragon let out a low growl. Deathbunny glanced up. No, no, no, no! He thought furiously, This is not part of the plan! Intruders? I'll have to deal with them quickly.

The four pets hurried along the corridor. They skidded to a halt at the small opening, and stared in shock. The red scales belonged to the neck of a enormas firey-red dragon that loomed over a golden thrown and a soft-looking bunny. The dragon raised it's head and looked at the intruders. And then back to the bunny. Things were not good in her eyes.

"I hate to say it, but, Cole..." The bunny said, "I've been expecting you."
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Awesome News.
Awesome update.
Awesome story.

:D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

can't wait to see the drawings!

Oooo, a dragon! A dragon makes ANY story good. :lol:

Hmm.... bunny is about to fight four to one. Let us hope he does not win. :roll:
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

The next update'll be late. Here's the art, as promised:

To enlarge it, go to my devaintart page version of it: http://lunawerewolfy.deviantart.com/art ... -304929177
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Very nice! May want to tone down the cuts though...

I can't wait for the big fight scene!!! :D
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

One of you guys might notice that I refer to the bunny as a rabbit in this, but that's only because I'm trying to be serious, and Bunny just doesn't suit.

Chapter thirteen: Unlucky numbers

The immense red dragon lay curled behind the golden throne of the golden rabbit. It's eyes glinted in the firelight.

"Lava," The rabbit said. The red dragon growled softly but obeyed. A thick stream of Lava shot out of the dragon's mouth, pouring through the pre-cut lakes and chanels of the dried up river that used to flow through the cave. When the lake was full, the red dragon's lava flow stoped.

"What are you doing...?" Luna asked, scared and nervous.

"Nothing that matters to you, Dog," The rabbit with soft golden fur said, "I'm just setting up the terain."

"For what?"

"For something big." The Rabbit smiled. Ember growled, surprising his compainions and rabbits alike. His blood was hot, and his anger was rising.

"What are you planning?" Ember hissed. His voice sounded unfamiliar in his ears. Rougher. Less refined. More animalistic.

The rabbit just kept smiling. It annoyed Ember. How could he be smiling? Ember felt the urge to wipe that smirk of a smile off the stuck-up bunny's face. Ember growled. His tail twitched slightly. His muscles bunched up, ready for a leap. He'd kill that stupid bunny, if it was the last thing he did.

Anger surged through Ember like wildfire. It rushed through his veins and scrambled his thoughts into unreadable peices, until there was nothing but Anger left. Pointless, unprovoked Anger, of the worst kind. Another low growl. Another twitch of a tail. A flick of an ear.

He leapt at the bunny, claws out, ears back. Anger blinded him, moving him, controlling him. Unstoppable, anger.

He was flying at break-kneck speed towards the golden Rabbit, who just stood there, smirking. He was flying- no, falling. Falling. And then he just wasn't. He was in mid air, hanging. His collar was almost strangling him. His weight on his collar. Someone was holding it.

"Whoa there. Calm down, it's just the magic in the air." A familiar voice said behind him. Cole. Ember began panting and the anger faded, replaced with a calming sensation. When Cole was sure Ember was ok, he pulled him up onto the ledge. Ember scrambled upwards, and shook his head.

"I'm still going to kill 'em." Ember scowled.

"You're sure you're fine now?" Cole said, concerned.

"Yep." Ember said. He lowered himself from the ledge and turned to face the rabbit. The rabbit sighed in a sort of over-the-top kind of way. "What a shame. Now I won't attually have to try," He sighed.

Ember growled. He dropped onto all-fours and felt his bones clicking and moving to form another skeleton. His skin shifted and his fur changed colour. Thin needle-like claws scratched the bare earth. A long thick, bushy tail moved silently behind thick back-legs like pillars.

He was no longer a cat. He was a lynx.

The rabbit rested his thickly swirled purple eyes on the strong big cat with black-white misty fur. He sighed, again. Too easy He thought.

Pain shot through the air around Ember, the lynx's head was on fire with it. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. Pain rolled and attacked his every nerve sending it screaming to his brain. Pain that made the seconds like hours and the minuetes like days. Pain throbbed and burned around his brain and his skull. Ember yelled at it, but it wouldn't go away. The pain was so terrible it made Ember want to curl up inside himself and hide.

But the pain was familiar. Ember's thoughts were thin and weak, but he remembered the day his mind had been attacked by it. How the rabbit had gripped his mind with his and crushed it. Ember felt tears forming in his eyes, but he blinked them away. He heaved his paws from his ears, and himself from the ground. The pain increased three fold, but Ember struggled to his paws. The pain now felt like it was crushing his skull in on itself, like he was being squashed like a bug.

Ember growled, and pushed himself forward, towards the rabbit, one step at a time. A look of surprise flashed over the rabbit's face, for a quater of a second, but was quickly replaced by his usual smirk. Ember padded ever closer. When he was about a meter away, he bunched his muscles up and leapt at the rabbit.

The rabbit swatted him easily, somehow without even touching him, like the air did his bidding. Ember was sent crashing down into a cluster of rocks, and perilously close to the rushing pool of lava. The rabbit looked coldly at him before raising his hand. Even more unimaginable pain rocketed through Ember's skull, making it impossible to move at all. Ember screamed. Even more pain.

"Stop torturing him," Cole said, "It's like crushing a bug. He's not that kind of fighter, and you know it." The pain shattered, and the relief came with overwhelming tiredness. Ember sagged. Cole leapt down from the ledge, and faced the rabbit.

"Ahhh," The rabbit cooed, "Now the real fight begins."
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

The art is awesome!
and im really longing to the next update
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Interesting update. Can't wait for the battle of the minds to come!

Emebr is way too rash, it seems. Let us hope things get better for that team! :?

Lava is great. Very imaginative.
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

legendario13 wrote:The art is awesome!
and im really longing to the next update
Awww... thankyou so much.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

This is the last ever update of Burning Embers!!! :o enjoy

Chapter fourteen: Last one standing

The blonde rabbit and Cole circled each other like wolves. Their eyes were locked on the opponent, not daring to move and inch out of line. The rabbit was the first to attack. With a quick slash of his wrist, a shower of purple swirling daggers flew from nowhere towards Cole.

Cole batted it away like it was an annoying fly. The ground beneath him shuddered and a line of cracks moved quickly towards him. Lava bubbled in the gap. Cole back-flipped out of the way, and in a smooth paw movement sent a flurry of black sparks into the lava, dying it black.

Long black claws attached to thin black arms rose from the black lava. The blonde bunny placed a soft furry paw quickly on the ground and the crack sealed. He raised his golden face framed by long ears up to Cole, his large swirling purple eyes glinting.

From two small cracks in the cave on opposite walls, a cluster of razor sharp daggers exploded into the room, catching Cole in the cross-fire. Cole grunted in pain, and pulled them out, dropping them on the floor with a tinkling sound on the floor, that echoed in the silent cave.

He raised a red-stained paw and strings of black air raced towards the rabbit. They caught him, and bound him tightly. The rabbit was dragged across towards Cole at a surprising rate.

Why is he still standing?! the rabbit thought desperately, as he hurtled towards the midnight black cat.

When the rabbit was closer to Cole, Cole realized something. Something was wrong. The rabbit’s golden fur was cracked into a wicked grin. The rabbit clicked his claws, and the ground beneath Cole disappeared, plunging him and the rabbit into the lava.

It was snowing. Tiny white snow doves drifted down, silently. Snow is the most peaceful of weather. The calmest. The quietest. It covers the world in a deep white blanket, letting nature sleep easy, knowing it is still beautiful.

Babylon was no different from the rest of the world at winter. The houses and the streets were covered in a soft white icing of snow. The sky was a cold black, clear of snow-clouds. The stars shone brightly, and the moon was almost full. The world was still sleeping, yet to wake. The only ones out were the snowmen. And a lonely cat with fur like fire, standing out amongst the soft white houses.

He was sitting on a sidewalk, staring at nothing. He was thinking about his brother. His whole family was dead now. Tears streamed down his face. He wiped them away with the back of his arm.

He supposed, as he crushed a tiny piece of coal in his paws, that there was no such thing,

as flames that never die.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmm, interesting update. Quite sad. Especially since this is the end. Ah well, it was a nice ending.
My characters
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Soo sudden.
In a way is awesome, I always wonder why stories always hold you in suspense for very long, sometimes things happen really fast and without warn. thank you very much Luna, great writting.

Is there a hope of a sequel?
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

legendario13 wrote:Soo sudden.
In a way is awesome, I always wonder why stories always hold you in suspense for very long, sometimes things happen really fast and without warn. thank you very much Luna, great writting.

Is there a hope of a sequel?
Urrr... a sequel to a sequel? I dunno, if I'm going to go back to writing Housepets fanfics, I'm proberbly going to start afresh.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Oww well.

if you start another fic can you Pm me please? you have great ideas
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

I promise.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Much Thanks
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

`ppears truly gone.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They did say they most likely weren't gonna do a sequel to it anyway. We should be glad with what we did get.