Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven

Post by Sinder »

Objection!
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Re: Arc #55: The Trial in Heaven

Post by IceKitsune »

Yay! Pete goes on Trial! I hope there is a lot of explanations for things in this arc. And of course there needs to be some kind of obligatory Ace Attorney reference in this arc, I would be sad if there wasn't.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This is going to be GOOD!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

XD Pete likes to play the part, huh? He would make an excellent actor.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sinder wrote:Objection!
Overruled.

Good to see more of Cerb.
and Pete's always a pleasure, if just for the chance to see him get what's coming to him.
Rick on Twitter wrote:Guys this upcoming Housepets arc is . . . rather text-heavy. I'm trying to work with it.
Text-heavy is best heavy. sorry TF2.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Sinder wrote:Objection!
IceKitsune wrote:Yay! Pete goes on Trial! I hope there is a lot of explanations for things in this arc. And of course there needs to be some kind of obligatory Ace Attorney reference in this arc, I would be sad if there wasn't.
I agree with both of these statements. Seeing some Ace Attorney reference ought to be fun. =D
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Rick on Twitter wrote:Guys this upcoming Housepets arc is . . . rather text-heavy. I'm trying to work with it.
Text-heavy is best heavy. sorry TF2.
So a lot of explanations on the Game and the Nerds I'm guessing. Good we kind of need it by now.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Pete is going to court, I would expect no less.
Besides, who doesn't like a good read? ;)
But if it's text heavy, does that mean this arc will be short, or is there enough here to take up a month or more?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

RootsofOrigin wrote:
Pete is going to court, I would expect no less.
Besides, who doesn't like a good read? ;)
But if it's text heavy, does that mean this arc will be short, or is there enough here to take up a month or more?
It's going right up until the end of the comic-year, which is the end of May/beginning of June.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Gren

Post by Gren »

YEAH!! PETE IS BACK!!

P.S: OMG Pete has five fingers! and Cerberus lost an arm! :shock:

By the way, if Cerberus used to date with Pete and Pete is half lion half eagle, then that make her a 50% percent cat lover? lol XD
ImageImage
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

rickgriffin wrote:It's going right up until the end of the comic-year, which is the end of May/beginning of June.
So about ten pages of lawyer-talk?
Karl

Post by Karl »

At least Pete keeps it classy.
I'm a bookworm!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Wow, heaven does NOT have Habeus Corpus OR a Speedy-Trial system...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Aticston

Post by Aticston »

Why is she missing her right arm?

All I see is like a boney protrusion where her arm should be

*EDIT* Unless that's her hand holding the cell door open, and if so, total stretch of imagination required in order to see that given that the cell door is complete white noise, and her hand (The thumb in particular) looks like its coming out of the shoulder cause the thumb looks like a humerus stump

*EDIT2* also is it me or is Rick drawing female characters more "Feminine" lately? IE - Adding hips, narrowed waists and chests? Example being all the female wolves featured, Duchess and Colleen, also Cerberus's new look, she looked completely masculine before (I wouldn't have known it was a she unless I was told like I was in the comic) and she's done a 180. The rest of the female main cast, unless they are told to be female or given eyelashes still look male though.

EDIT3* You know its been over a year since this plot point was picked back up again? ;D
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Your first edit is correct; the apparent protrusion is Cerberus's thumb. Additionally, yes, Rick mentioned a while back that he was experimenting with some alternate methods to differentiate female characters.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

When does anything related to Heaven not have lots of text? They are usually the Lawmakers. =P

*Somehow half-expects heaven to be run by cowboys and indians*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Pete's real name might be revealed...only to be blocked by another text again.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

If Pete gets a lawyer I bet its going to be a Phoenix in a blue suit, red tie and spiky hair. (to get in the Ace Attorney reference) Or alternatively he will look like Foxstar (he is a Phoenix right or a Phoenix/Fox hybrid thing something like that). The thing is now I don't know which one I want to see more, hopefully Rick can combined them or something, now that would be awesome.
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

Isn't this version of heaven rather lenient? I mean it seems likely that if Pete is managed to be convicted he'll be sentenced to community service.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The Judge is Peanut's Father.

DUNDUNDUNNNNNNNNNNNN~
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

This arc is promiosing. I just hope it doesn't have another abrupt end.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

"How do you plead"
"Plleeease let me out!, pleeease let me go, I din't do anything I sweaaaar"
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

This arc will be really interesting. I wonder if Pete will be condemned or not... if not, shame on me :( He seems to be quite relaxed after all.
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyderra wrote:"How do you plead"
"Plleeease let me out!, pleeease let me go, I din't do anything I sweaaaar"
You dork. *finger wag*
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Wow, heaven does NOT have Habeus Corpus OR a Speedy-Trial system...
To be fair, we don't know how much time passed in-universe.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I edited the art because there have been too many complaints. What the crap guys, this is something they don't tell you about art: just because a body position is technically valid doesn't mean that you can use it. Which is why body positions tend to look same-y in art.
adambluewolf

Post by adambluewolf »

i think pete is gonna get away from this one he seems to happy about it
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Well... at first that Cerberus arm was actually creepy Image once you noticed the right prospective...
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

rickgriffin wrote:I edited the art because there have been too many complaints. What the crap guys, this is something they don't tell you about art: just because a body position is technically valid doesn't mean that you can use it. Which is why body positions tend to look same-y in art.
You didn't have to change it. This is your comic. The original pose was fine. I saw a couple of complaints, but there are always a certain number of people who will not be pleased regardless of what you do. Use all the wacky, natural poses you want; nobody's going to stop reading the comic because they disagree with your choice of body positioning.

RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Dissension wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:I edited the art because there have been too many complaints. What the crap guys, this is something they don't tell you about art: just because a body position is technically valid doesn't mean that you can use it. Which is why body positions tend to look same-y in art.
You didn't have to change it. This is your comic. The original pose was fine. I saw a couple of complaints, but there are always a certain number of people who will not be pleased regardless of what you do. Use all the wacky, natural poses you want; nobody's going to stop reading the comic because they disagree with your choice of body positioning.
I agree with Dissension. Rick can do whatever he wants with his art.
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

If Rick decided to change it maybe he didn't find it so difficult or annoying... i'm with Diss btw, i think weird poses and prospectives are original and very good to see... Hirohiko Araki's Jojo is one of my favourites for this reason.

rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Yes but if it doesn't communicate what it needs to communicate then the picture is not doing its job
Aticston

Post by Aticston »

I dunno, giving the thumb some small bit of definition would have helped it, just as is because only the hand was in view, and not the arm, and the way the hand overlapped the shoulder it looked like the arm was missing. While I appreciate changing the drawing to make the arm more visible, simply adding some definition to the hand would have accomplished the same thing in my book
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

rickgriffin wrote:Yes but if it doesn't communicate what it needs to communicate then the picture is not doing its job
Understood and agreed, but I do not consider that the original failed to communicate much. If anything, a slightly more detailed background may have been called for. Of course, my opinion is just that. Others have their own opinions and if you feel the change was warranted, that is fine.

In your own language, Furret FURRET Furret. *tickles*

Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

So excited to see how this trial will turn out. I bet King will get throw into this trial.

I still will find it odd and funny that Cerberus is a girl...I wonder if there are other Cerberus's?
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Cerberusx wrote: I bet King will get throw into this trial.
Maybe it's time for King to make the decision, does he turn back into a human or stay a dog?

It's going to be exiting if he is involved, he would have never thought that kidnapping Fox would lead to all of this.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Liam

Post by Liam »

Kyderra wrote:"How do you plead"
"AWFUL AS CHARGED"
Something has changed?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

rickgriffin wrote:Yes but if it doesn't communicate what it needs to communicate then the picture is not doing its job
Trigun is a global success... i'm still trying to understand some of Nightow drawings XD no well just kidding, it's good to see you're well disposed on change something on user's feedback

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Liam wrote:Something has changed?
Cerberus used to be holding open a door. But because the background wasn't as detailed as the foreground, her thumb (all that was visible) looked like a nub coming out of her shoulder.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Sleet wrote:Cerberus used to be holding open a door. But because the background wasn't as detailed as the foreground, her thumb (all that was visible) looked like a nub coming out of her shoulder.
People complained about something as trivial as that?! Some people have far too much time on their hands.

Pete's back! I was wondering when he would return, and now he is going to be trailed for his... crimes? I wonder what immortals do to punish other immortals. And would they take notice of what Pete did to King (Joel)? Can't wait to see what happens.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

IceKitsune wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
So a lot of explanations on the Game and the Nerds I'm guessing. Good we kind of need it by now.
Ugh. You just *HAD* to mention the Game, didn't you?
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You know, the more I think about it, the more I seem to think that Pete's Punishment will be something like to carry out Joel's prison sentence for him as a human.... :?

The art looks good either way to me. I like all of it!

That pose in panel 2 looks familiar...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?