The Slender Man

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ZambieHugger

Re: The Slender Man

Post by ZambieHugger »

It's the proxy symbol as far as I know...it means he's coming for you...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Penwrite wrote:
ZambieHugger wrote:I've been looking for this guy for a long time! He's stalking my friends, but the more I research, the less that happens! Whut I do know is people around me seem to draw his symbol nonstop and don't even know whut it means...
That symbol either attracts the Slender Man, or repels him. I'm not sure which.
I'm surprised I didn't see this thread come up earlier, especially after a creepypasta-oriented game being started in the RPG forum by YOURS.

Slenderman has the uncanny ability to influence nearly everything doesn't he? All the better for a being that may very well owe it's existence to our thoughts of him.

The 'mark of the operator' (or that crudely made circle with an X over it) is quite controversial concerning it's purpose. It's possible it does both.

It might be that it acts as an 'eye' which prevents slenderman from appearing within its vicinity. However since this symbol has become directly affiliated with slendy, the mere sight of it stirs thoughts of him, which in tern only strengthens his existence.

Proxies seem draw it obsessively, maybe as a subconscious attempt to resist the Slenderman's influence.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sometimes I feel like a lot of this stuff doesn't even have a defined purpose. I'm hoping for some answers but they're coming at such a slow pace it makes me wonder if they'll come.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

The Slender Man is a meanie - he took my sandwich :(

In all seriousness though, Slendy always seems to find his way into my thoughts when I'm walking home late on autumn and winter nights. When you live in a wooded area like me, it's not funny when you're treading through a shortcut and hear a branch snap - I'm not the type that scares easy, but I do get unnerved under those circumstances.

For anyone that is fearful of Slender Man, maybe you should befriend his cousin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

As far as I'm concerned...my main purpose is to find him, along with the many friends he took from me...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

"He" doesn't exist.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Rather unnecessary comment
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I actually had a request from a friend to remind them of that very fact. So I wouldn't call it unnecessary at all.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:I actually had a request from a friend to remind them of that very fact. So I wouldn't call it unnecessary at all.
Because reading about Slender Man at midnight in an unlocked camper with no curtains on one of the larger windows was not one of my smartest ideas. I am not a horror fan so I'm a bit of a pansy.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

Beagle wrote:
Sleet wrote:I actually had a request from a friend to remind them of that very fact. So I wouldn't call it unnecessary at all.
Because reading about Slender Man at midnight in an unlocked camper with no curtains on one of the larger windows was not one of my smartest ideas. I am not a horror fan so I'm a bit of a pansy.
same here... about the pansy thing... i'm scared of everything e.e
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:
Beagle wrote:
same here... about the pansy thing... i'm scared of everything e.e
I texted Sleet freaking out because I haven't been legitimately scared in several years. XD I literally have to read the plot of a scary movie before I go see it so I won't run out of the theater. XD Now that I've absorbed the shock, I'm thoughly amused while watching these videos of Marble Hornets. I've got at least a year of digital editing experience, so I laugh at how poorly these "video and audio distortions" are done. XD Anyone with amatuer video editing software can do this.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

For you that says he doesn't exist that may or may not be true...it is however possible for things to be willed into existance by a single thought...you may note that I have seen the proxy symbol scratched into random buildings with no indication of anyone being there in the first place...I would lead to believe in his partial existance due to the many times my friends have called screaming into their phones that "He's outside my window, you gotta help me out!" and whut was described as a roughly eleven foot tall man bearing no actual facial features standing outside bending down to take a peek through there left open windows, I myself can even recall a time that this happened to me when I spent the night at a friend's house...

And for all I can tell...when I woke up the next morning there was a giant proxy symbol crudely painted on my friend's bedroom cieling...so don't just automatically dismiss the thought that he may be real, if evil spirits and hauntings are real, then you can be sure he is too...And if that was even remotely a prank then I must've been beaten half to death not to remember the previous night...
Secretly...I am Batman.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't agree with you at all but this is getting too close to a religious discussion so let's be careful, guys.

I once saw a proxy symbol drawn on the side of a whiteboard in our engineering building. It was pretty neat. And yaknow, anyone can draw those for fun. They don't mean anything.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Hallucinations may be indicative of a medical or psychological crisis requiring professional intervention.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

ZambieHugger wrote:For you that says he doesn't exist that may or may not be true...it is however possible for things to be willed into existance by a single thought.
So what's your opinion on unicorns, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, leprachons, the wizarding world of Harry Potter, etc?
ZambieHugger wrote:if evil spirits and hauntings are real,
I respect your opinion, but I don't believe in evil spirits or hauntings. I am a lady of concrete logic, science, and math.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Beagle wrote: I texted Sleet freaking out because I haven't been legitimately scared in several years. XD I literally have to read the plot of a scary movie before I go see it so I won't run out of the theater. XD Now that I've absorbed the shock, I'm thoughly amused while watching these videos of Marble Hornets. I've got at least a year of digital editing experience, so I laugh at how poorly these "video and audio distortions" are done. XD Anyone with amatuer video editing software can do this.
I've been doing video editing for more than 4 years now (and, I'm studying film Studies at college). The rough video editing just adds to the appeal to it though, in my opinion. Much better than most horror films nowadays though. Less is definitely more, and marble hornets does this really well.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Dissension wrote:"He" doesn't exist.
Well quite frankly you're right, but it's alot more fun to play along such as ghost stories and festive phenomenon I'll neglect to mention due to the PG rating ;) . I was amused to find out it was actually a photography competition to see who could come up with the more convincing picture. My personal favourite is the park where the Slender Man is in the background with tendrils coming from him
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Why am I seeing two global mods bash on something people believe in?
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tiggy wrote:Why am I seeing two global mods bash on something people believe in?
I'm not bashing anything, but regardless, it's understandable to try to help a friend keep from terrifying the carp out of himself with a character created on the internet.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

@Aaron- I agree that the amatuer video styling give the videos a more genuine sense of "taken at home". I was just pointing out that if you wanted to disprove the subject of the video by analyzing the distortions and his movements, you could.

@Bassist- I'm totally up for a little adrenaline rush with some horror every now and again, but I just don't want some people to take it so seriously that it affects their entire life, both physically and mentally. (It's in my nature to not see others in pain.) I played "Where's Waldo" last night watching Marble Hornets. :lol:
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

@Beagle - That's a good point honestly; if something like this does affect someone in that way then that's when the fun stops. I know someone who has insomnia and this urban legend kept them on edge for longer than healthy. It took some support from me and some other friends to combat it with them; luckily they're fine now so the story has a happy ending :D
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

In contradiction to my speech I do not entirely believe he is real, I'm just saying it's possible to be real, even if hallucinations it may lead people to succlude themselves from the world which would explain the random dissapearances...I'm just honestly saying it makes a decent idea for a horror film (in fact it already is part of a youtube series called "Marble Hornets") It's just an interesting idea to think of an eleven foot tall man that walks through dimensions kidnapping children.

But I kidd myself, he's not real for the time being, and he most likely won't be, just the mere thought it is known to cause extreme paranoia which can be funny for certain people.
44R0NM10 wrote:
Beagle wrote: I texted Sleet freaking out because I haven't been legitimately scared in several years. XD I literally have to read the plot of a scary movie before I go see it so I won't run out of the theater. XD Now that I've absorbed the shock, I'm thoughly amused while watching these videos of Marble Hornets. I've got at least a year of digital editing experience, so I laugh at how poorly these "video and audio distortions" are done. XD Anyone with amatuer video editing software can do this.
I've been doing video editing for more than 4 years now (and, I'm studying film Studies at college). The rough video editing just adds to the appeal to it though, in my opinion. Much better than most horror films nowadays though. Less is definitely more, and marble hornets does this really well.
Though you have to admit Marble Hornets is quite entertaining...

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent message, you may use the edit button in your post's upper-right corner.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I enjoy Marble Hornets a lot.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Ya see! The Global Mod agrees!
Secretly...I am Batman.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I'm more of an EverymanHYBRID kind of guy, hehe.

Ya know, I wonder if the Slender Man is technically in the public domain. I would love to write a horror novel around him.

Hmmm...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yes he is. Go for it!
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

I considered that...but I don't like the only website I can post a story 'bout him on...it doesn't work for me...
Secretly...I am Batman.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

I’m beginning to see the merit of living in a desert with little to no wooded areas. If there were and I had a better working camera, I’d likely be more susceptible to slendy-related activity.

Though I guess there are worse things that could be out there. Like The Rake or Seed-Eater...
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

I knwo fo The Rake...but whut is the seed-eater? Never heard of that one, I've been too focused on the SlenderMan...
Secretly...I am Batman.
Toxinus

Post by Toxinus »

If I remember correctly, at one point the creator of 'The Slender Man' stated that he was fake.

If only I had known this when I was younger.
The nights I spent staying away from a window. -shiver-
I am Toxinus von Raptora; I abhor contractions and I love art~
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

I know that he's not real, it's actually just the thought of his Possibleexistence. It's the reason most people cannot sleep at night, or keep windows open (myself included). Then again if there is an open doorway in the place I am sleeping, I cannot sleep in any way...it's a bit like Minecraft.

And again back to my original question as relating to the SlenderMan, has anyone been hallucinagenic enough to have seen him at any point in your life? I was just wondering because I always wake up to my phone going off from my friends having nightmares about him.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

At my school recently someone spray painted "Beware The Slenderman" on a bridge that I walk over everyday...
I know it's not real but my imagination is overactive so I try my best to distract myself so I don't think about it.
Sometimes when I think too much about it I see movement in the woods though...
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Did they spray the symbol too?
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

To answer your earlier question; the Seed Eater (AKA Rag Face) is a monster unrelated to the slenderman mythos, though it shares the same scary tendency of abducting children.

It’s existence revolves around an event known as ‘The Hunt” which occurs in remote areas. During this event, the seed eater actively searches for prey. It’s supposedly impossible to stop the hunt once it’s begun, and there’s a set of rules to abide by when dealing with seed eater activity.
ZambieHugger wrote:And again back to my original question as relating to the SlenderMan, has anyone been hallucinagenic enough to have seen him at any point in your life? I was just wondering because I always wake up to my phone going off from my friends having nightmares about him.
I highly recommend seeking professional help in the event you find yourself hallucinating a tall faceless man in a suit stalking you...

Or at the very least reading M’s tutorials on evading Slendy.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Sleet wrote:Did they spray the symbol too?
No, I didn't even know there was a symbol. But people spray paint all kinds of weird things at my school.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

While he clearly doesn't exist (he was made in a something awful forum that was trying to trick people on supernatural forums) I still love the buzz that it gives me, I really love that weird feeling you get when you're afraid and Slenderman does give me that feeling sometimes (especially when I'm walking home in winter XD).

While Slenderman isn't as scary as some other Creepypastas *stares at Jeff the killer* it's the easiest to find information and the pictures are pretty freaky. I remember spreading it around school last year and freaking out some of the preppy girls XD
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Someone once sent me that *Jeff The Killer* story saying that it reminded them of me.

I was like "I remind you of some crazy, preteen aged killer?"
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

I see...maybe we should help YOU out with that! And for some previous comment...I have been hallucinating, him...at least i think I am...
Secretly...I am Batman.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

*runs into the thread*

Everyone, everyone! There's a kickstarter trying to raise funds for a full-length Slender Man movie! I've already donated, so check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ajm ... -man-movie
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Onlythebassist wrote:The Slender Man is a meanie - he took my sandwich :(
He took my son. So, I have to Liam Neason in Taken on his faceless face!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/