Furry-art. Searching for tutorials.

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

RaptorAnton

Furry-art. Searching for tutorials.

Post by RaptorAnton »

I was looking through devianart furry-art pictures when I understood, that I really want to learn how to draw such creatures. So, you can see results of my search right below.
BUT
If you want to draw furry-art - you must have some potential in drawing, be rather studious and have boundless enthusiasm.
-*-*-*-*-*-
Let's get it started!
Body:
how to draw human body
Proportions(If you don't get previous tut)
How to draw furry 1part, 2part (tut about drawing human body is still the main, couse furry-tutorial shows no anatomy).
[img=http://kitsune2736.deviantart.com/art/T ... o-60044433]Some advices about body, legs and face[/img]
-*-*-
Posing:
Posing tut
Posing tut 2
-*-*-
Hands:
As far as I know, hand could be either humanlike or similar to paws.
Human hands part 1, human hands part 2
Anthro hands (I dunno, how about you, but I never can draw anhtro hands from the first time :))
-*-*-
Legs:
Back legs
Feet

-*-*-
Head (especially face part, which is the most important):
different furry faces
-*-*-
And all that must be covered with
Fur and hairs. (photoshop):
Easy hair tutorial.
Fur tutorial (rather impressive)
-*-*-*-*-
Clothes:
As furries could be drawn either naked or wearing something, I've added links at clothing tutorials at the very end.
First and the main part of clothing tut.
Pants
Wrinkles

I'm pretty sure that I'll find more interesting and usefull tutorials, so I gonna put it all in this post. Maybe it will help somebody...
If I fogot something (along with cel-shading) - let me know...
Oh yeah, and I still need normal anthro face tutorial.
Last edited by RaptorAnton on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
Hipstar

Re: Furry-art. Searching for tutorials.

Post by Hipstar »

edit: hehehe those people are so not the fringe
Last edited by Hipstar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Ok, and now it's your turn to clear your post from THAT word... ;)
p.s. So, you can't give me any help with my problem?
See me on DeviantArt.
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

i cannot because i cannot draw. i am a writer so i can only help you in that area, but when it comes to drawing, im out.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

That's kinda irony, cause I'm a writer too... I write mostly fantastic stories, mostly short and only in russian. I thing that soon I'll start writing something furry. So I don't need any ideas about what to draw, just help with HOW to draw...

edit: In my search, I found some interesting tutorials of drawing.(and I found them on russian site!) For example, here is one interesting pic that shows how to draw human body and different furry faces(There are no explanations written on it, so it could be usefull not only for me).

edit2: The Russian-speaking community never ceases to amaze me. In addition to standard parts "drawings" and "literature" website has a section called "music". I have no idea what is furry-music, and you? ;)
Last edited by RaptorAnton on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See me on DeviantArt.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

http://blind-drive.deviantart.com/art/M ... -151866295
http://blind-drive.deviantart.com/art/M ... -151880456

But I will give you the same advice that was given me:

"Work on drawing real lion anatomy then come back to making cartoon versions of your own. For a while it's ok to copy but if you really want to improve work on your realism then you have knowledge of the anatomy down that you can exaggerate and distort it in cartoony ways and still have the basis of the anatomy down and mean while making your own style as well.
That's how the guys at Disney did it. They brought in a real lion and did studies of it and then made cartoon versions afterwards"
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Kyderra wrote:http://blind-drive.deviantart.com/art/M ... -151866295
http://blind-drive.deviantart.com/art/M ... -151880456

But I will give you the same advice that was given me:

"Work on drawing real lion anatomy then come back to making cartoon versions of your own. For a while it's ok to copy but if you really want to improve work on your realism then you have knowledge of the anatomy down that you can exaggerate and distort it in cartoony ways and still have the basis of the anatomy down and mean while making your own style as well.
That's how the guys at Disney did it. They brought in a real lion and did studies of it and then made cartoon versions afterwards"
I thought about guys from Disney right after reading words about drawing a lion. I heard that story too. ;) But you know what? I don't like disney's cartoons.

P.S. Edited first post. now it has links at different tutorials...
If I fogot something (along with cel-shading) - let me know...
P.P.S. I found good list of tutorials (rather long) but I don't know this language. (tutarials are in english, but list is written in other lang)
http://gwydionds.deviantart.com/art/Tutoriais-150852544
See me on DeviantArt.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

I could use some tips on drawing characters from Housepets!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

RaptorAnton wrote:edit2: The Russian-speaking community never ceases to amaze me. In addition to standard parts "drawings" and "literature" website has a section called "music". I have no idea what is furry-music, and you? ;)
http://lapfox.tumblr.com/

Pet Friendly Chars
Rody S1 P4 E4 C7 I9 A5 L7
Moon S4 P8 E3 C9 I8 A6 L4
[/size]
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

I learned to draw by copying stuff by Hirohiko Araki... Now whatever I draw, toon-ish or not, has hyper-realistic facial details... It scares my friends and used to spook my art teachers
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Profesor Rod wrote:
RaptorAnton wrote:edit2: The Russian-speaking community never ceases to amaze me. In addition to standard parts "drawings" and "literature" website has a section called "music". I have no idea what is furry-music, and you? ;)
http://lapfox.tumblr.com/
renard is horrible

i have no idea why people don't listen to somebody who doesn't reuse the same freaking free samples over and over again.

even those jerks, angerfist, do a better job of gabber - and even pendulum does a better job of dnb, which is sad. i will give fox amoore (yes, he's a furry) and colson credit, though.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

RaptorAnton wrote:
I thought about guys from Disney right after reading words about drawing a lion. I heard that story too. ;) But you know what? I don't like disney's cartoons.

Hey man, it's not just Disney that says practice realism before going all cartoony. I'm trying for a less than realistic style, but I'm still trying to get down some basic anatomy so I understand why these arms I'm drawing look like crUD or just plain bizarre. :v
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED