Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Arc 52: What Money Buys 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
... welp. I've been wrong before; I'll be wrong again. Lol.

Also, pretty sure Karishad is the right size. He goes up to the wolves' shoulders, roughly. And the ferrets generally go up to about their waistline. That'd sit Kari somewhere right in the middle.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
PhoenixAsper wrote:
Is Keene going to have Karishad be his "test dummy" for using this horrible temple?

Karishdad's lack of self-preservation and ability to trap his hands entirely in a chinese finger trap tells me yes.
And it just hit me. Rick just took a minor, comical character and gave him a major, comical role. Never saw that coming, and that isn't surprising. Good job Rick. So when should I expect What Chicken to make another appearance?
PhoenixAsper wrote:
so like a "meanwhile back at the ranch" thing?

Except less people want to tear Rick to shreds this time.
Dissension wrote:
there are people in the comments who want Karishad as a pet. They're crazy. = P

You'll regret that. But it sure is one way to spice things up. Or set them on fire.
rickgriffin wrote:
I just wanted to get some more Peanut/Grape in before that

Whoo!
PhoenixAsper wrote:
I assume you mean the end of the COMIC year, not the ACTUAL one.

Don't answer that Rick, I want to see him squirm. 8-)


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 am
Profile
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
Interesting... too bad it's over already.
Reconciliation... sounds too familiar.

I don't know why but I like Keene's small eyes in panel 2 XD


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:36 am
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4014
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
IceKitsune wrote:
Thank god it will only be a few months till the the Cosmic Nerd plot moves forward somewhat. I know I'm in an extreme minority here (like 1-5% of the fandom at most) but I actually find that part of the comic to be the most interesting and want to see it move forward more then incrementally once a year.


I feel that once Rick takes care of the romantic/cute side again, that part of the storyline will be back up and running. I think as long as Rick keeps moving back and forth between the two at a good and steady rate, it eventually evens itself out well.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4331
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
GameCobra wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Thank god it will only be a few months till the the Cosmic Nerd plot moves forward somewhat. I know I'm in an extreme minority here (like 1-5% of the fandom at most) but I actually find that part of the comic to be the most interesting and want to see it move forward more then incrementally once a year.


I feel that once Rick takes care of the romantic/cute side again, that part of the storyline will be back up and running. I think as long as Rick keeps moving back and forth between the two at a good and steady rate, it eventually evens itself out well.


Well if you consider The Cosmic Nerd plot and Kings plot one in the same then yeah I guess. But while they are intertwined I don't consider them exactly the same. When I mean the The Cosmic Nerd arc I mean stuff that we learn more about them and the game itself. Like consider Not all Dogs I consider only a minor move forward in the Cosmic Nerds Plot but at Large move forward in Kings plot. I was hoping to find out where the Temple came from why Milton moved it and stuff like that.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
IceKitsune wrote:
Thank god it will only be a few months till the the Cosmic Nerd plot moves forward somewhat. I know I'm in an extreme minority here (like 1-5% of the fandom at most) but I actually find that part of the comic to be the most interesting and want to see it move forward more then incrementally once a year.

Are so few people interested in the Comic Nerds? I can't imagine why so many wouldn't like it.


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4331
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
RootsofOrigin wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Thank god it will only be a few months till the the Cosmic Nerd plot moves forward somewhat. I know I'm in an extreme minority here (like 1-5% of the fandom at most) but I actually find that part of the comic to be the most interesting and want to see it move forward more then incrementally once a year.

Are so few people interested in the Comic Nerds? I can't imagine why so many wouldn't like it.


I exaggerated the percents of course but its still an extreme minority that like that plot and want more of it, to the point where Rick has said that hes delayed that plot because of it. (and I know I'm not misremembering that I hope)

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4014
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
I'm sure alot of people like that side of things moreso lately, but it's not something that i also think shouldn't be considered major when Rick has fans that like the other character's side of things more than anything. Of course, we're talking Peanut and Grape of, but we can't blame them, can we? X3

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Last edited by GameCobra on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
IceKitsune wrote:
I exaggerated the percents of course but its still an extreme minority that like that plot and want more of it, to the point where Rick has said that hes delayed that plot because of it. (and I know I'm not misremembering that I hope)

If you're not misremembering, then that's news to me.
GameCobra wrote:
I'm sure alot of people like that side of things moreso lately, but it's not something that i also think shouldn't be considered major when Rick has fans that like the other character's side of things more than anything. Of course, we're talking Peanut and Grape of, but we can't blame them, can we? X3

It's pretty hard to.


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm
Posts: 1686
Images: 2
Location: Manisnowba Canada
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
rickgriffin wrote:
I just wanted to get some more Peanut/Grape in before that

:D Horray! How could I ever not miss Grapeunt?
I can't never have enough Grapenut strips :p
Huhh does that mean another week of one-off strips?

_________________
Don't quote me
If you got something to say, you should say it or it's just gonna tear you up inside.
Just call me Winston Frank Marcus True Hyper Dark Chaos Joselito Trey Masuru Walker Texas Cat
Image
Image
Last edited bytexascat018 on empty void of time


Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:45 am
Posts: 221
Images: 2
Location: Up north
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
IceKitsune wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
This arc will also sorta-tie into the one at the end of the year.

I just wanted to get some more Peanut/Grape in before that


Thank god it will only be a few months till the the Cosmic Nerd plot moves forward somewhat. I know I'm in an extreme minority here (like 1-5% of the fandom at most) but I actually find that part of the comic to be the most interesting and want to see it move forward more then incrementally once or twice a year.

I like the Cosmic nerd thing interesting too, since it's one of the few larger plots in the comic. Though I admit, it progresses so slowly you can't get really that enthusiastic about it and there haven't really been any real explanation what are the goals of the game.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 140
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
It was so important that Mr. Milton didn't trust the work to humans... What so was he a half animal hybrid then?


Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
rickgriffin wrote:
I just wanted to get some more Peanut/Grape in before that

So you're moving on to this next? Or are you saying this is coming up in the near future?
texascat018 wrote:
Huhh does that mean another week of one-off strips?

And either way, should we expect a couple of one-offs?


Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am
Posts: 5257
Location: Someone save me from Jersey
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
How did he get his whole hands stuck in there?

_________________
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012


Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:11 am
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
You know, I'd find it interesting if instead of the Housepets Characters Rick just put up this Mesopotamian legend as an arc to explain the background. He has referred to it a few times now.


Oh, Karishad. The impossible is just a plaything to you,isn't it? :lol:


So we get cutesy and funny stuff now? YAY!!

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:57 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15599
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
copper wrote:
You know, I'd find it interesting if instead of the Housepets Characters Rick just put up this Mesopotamian legend as an arc to explain the background. He has referred to it a few times now.


Oh, Karishad. The impossible is just a plaything to you,isn't it? :lol:


So we get cutesy and funny stuff now? YAY!!
Middle Eastern more like it.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:07 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
You know, it doesn't HAVE to be that most people don't want to see this story, and those who do and those who like it are in the minority. If that is so, then I am in an even more minor minority.

I never said I LIKED it, but I never said I wasn't INTERESTED, either. I want this Cosmic Nerds thing to progress because I want it to be OVER. It's kind of ominous and serious in comparison to an otherwise funny comic. It bothers me. I'm all for serious and story driven plots, and I've been a fan of many, but I have this idea of there being a time and a place for them, and it feels like something like this belongs more in a sci-fi opera than in a comic about talking funny animals.


Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4331
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
Ok lets go over what we can get from this arc exactly. 1. Mr. Milton did move the Temple to his backyard (why he did so we don't know) 2. He was researching an old Legend that could bring reconciliation between Human and Animals and since he moved the temple that means that it is likely the U&U game is connected to this Prophecy. 3. The Temple is from some where in Mesopotamia, most likely Babylon hence the name on the map the Nerds use and the name Babylon Gardens. 4. This also makes it very likely (if the Prophecy and the U&U game are connected) that the game has been played for a very very long time most likely thousand of years at a minimum. Now if this has been one continuous game or multiple ones is unknown. (If its Continuous I really hope they are able to switch Avatars after picking one and he/she accepts; because if not Pete really really sucks at this game and Tarot would have to be really really old (most likely immortal). So I'm going with multiple games for now as it makes more sense if I'm right)

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4014
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
PhoenixAsper wrote:
You know, it doesn't HAVE to be that most people don't want to see this story, and those who do and those who like it are in the minority. If that is so, then I am in an even more minor minority.

I never said I LIKED it, but I never said I wasn't INTERESTED, either. I want this Cosmic Nerds thing to progress because I want it to be OVER. It's kind of ominous and serious in comparison to an otherwise funny comic. It bothers me. I'm all for serious and story driven plots, and I've been a fan of many, but I have this idea of there being a time and a place for them, and it feels like something like this belongs more in a sci-fi opera than in a comic about talking funny animals.


One thing I wanted to throw in there though is that you shouldn't see it as a whole new comic anymore in light of something like magic or god-like brings. in newspaper and comic books, there's usually alot of double placed things that go on. Garfield and Friends, Archie and Sabrina, Turtles and power rangers (@_@) and similar cases. I admit in the Housepets cases, magic and seriousness are a combination that seem to go hand-in-hand, which is something almost entirely new in this day and age of comics, so it's probably going to be tough for some fans to enjoy it, but I really can't see it being a big problem in my eyes.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17218
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
IceKitsune wrote:
Ok lets go over what we can get from this arc exactly. 1. Mr. Milton did move the Temple to his backyard (why he did so we don't know) 2. He was researching an old Legend that could bring reconciliation between Human and Animals and since he moved the temple that means that it is likely the U&U game is connected to this Prophecy. 3. The Temple is from some where in Mesopotamia, most likely Babylon hence the name on the map the Nerds use and the name Babylon Gardens. 4. This also makes it very likely (if the Prophecy and the U&U game are connected) that the game has been played for a very very long time most likely thousand of years at a minimum. Now if this has been one continuous game or multiple ones is unknown. (If its Continuous I really hope they are able to switch Avatars after picking one and he/she accepts; because if not Pete really really sucks at this game and Tarot would have to be really really old (most likely immortal). So I'm going with multiple games for now as it makes more sense if I'm right)

well it could be that the game took a while to actually get started. being part of a prophecy, it's likely that SD had to wait until Tarot came along before being able to get involved.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4331
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Ok lets go over what we can get from this arc exactly. 1. Mr. Milton did move the Temple to his backyard (why he did so we don't know) 2. He was researching an old Legend that could bring reconciliation between Human and Animals and since he moved the temple that means that it is likely the U&U game is connected to this Prophecy. 3. The Temple is from some where in Mesopotamia, most likely Babylon hence the name on the map the Nerds use and the name Babylon Gardens. 4. This also makes it very likely (if the Prophecy and the U&U game are connected) that the game has been played for a very very long time most likely thousand of years at a minimum. Now if this has been one continuous game or multiple ones is unknown. (If its Continuous I really hope they are able to switch Avatars after picking one and he/she accepts; because if not Pete really really sucks at this game and Tarot would have to be really really old (most likely immortal). So I'm going with multiple games for now as it makes more sense if I'm right)

well it could be that the game took a while to actually get started. being part of a prophecy, it's likely that SD had to wait until Tarot came along before being able to get involved.


Also possible, but the problem I have with that is why would they want to wait and come to the universe so long ago. We know they can both Time Travel and create their own universes if they wanted. They could have just easily moved ahead in the time line instead of waiting since game rules should only apply once the game starts so I don't see why the "No weird time Junk" rule would apply, even if it means all types of time travel with no exceptions (which it doesn't seem to mean that, it seems to only mean no messing with time. Traveling though it (to say go site seeing) should be fine). To wait like that seems kind of arbitrary and stupid IMO.

Edit: Also considering that Pete's picks of an Avatar seems to not matter I doubt that Tarot would be a part of a prophecy or special in anyway that they would need to wait for her to be born.

Edit 2: Also another observation I forgot about. The temple has been in BG since at least 1985-1986 at a minimum since BG was being built then (and finished in 1987) and it would be the easiest time to bring it in and build it again since all the workers would be around.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 pm
Profile
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
I don't understand DnD :cry:


Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 am
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Posts: 1692
Location: The Internet
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
Karishad wrote:
fox

lord have mercy

_________________
ImageImage
ImageImage


Wed May 02, 2012 12:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 4014
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
You even have a name to match your fur color. *is totally jealous, and shall poke you for it ~ followed by hugs in advanced apology*

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Mon May 07, 2012 4:52 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
Karishad wrote:
*wanders out of the temple brushing the dust off of himself*
''Ugh...all that dust in there gave me a headache...''
*strolls over and starts rubbing the temple, looking disappointed after a few minutes*
''...huh... I always thought rubbing a temple helped get rid of headaches.''




Holy Carp, the great one has arrived!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:


What brought ye from down high, oh Majestic being of cosmic importance?

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Mon May 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6312
Location: Florida
Post Re: Arc 52: What Money Buys
Karishad wrote:
Quote:
Holy Carp, the great one has arrived!!!!!
What brought ye from down high, oh Majestic being of cosmic importance?



Oh....I just thot I'd take a stroll and look around here and see what kind of trouble I can stir up....fun, I meant what kind of fun I can stir up.



Since when are those two things mutually exclusive? :roll:

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.