Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by copper »

Bailey was just a one arc character. She was a device to help King realize what his choice was, nothing more.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

copper wrote:Bailey was just a one arc character. She was a device to help King realize what his choice was, nothing more.
madness

Rick actually said he has more arcs with her in mind. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Skylord

Post by Skylord »

copper wrote:Bailey was just a one arc character. She was a device to help King realize what his choice was, nothing more.
Wrong!

She was in the first Christmas arc. also, see above.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Bailey and Res are actually the villains of Housepets
They are responsible for every bad thing that ever happened in Housepets ever
Image Image
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Housepets is actually a project made my Joel himself. In his failed attempts of creating a compatible human-animal mutation, he became bitter and created a digital world where animals interact with humans. Because Joel was insane and needed therapy, he was stuck in a mental hospital. He killed his doctor and stole all his money to fund his project. Unaware that his failed mutations caused the death of millions of people, he made money off of his project, requiring an entrance fee to become part of his fantasy world. As Joel's punishment of murder, he was given a choice: The death penalty or a forced participation in many lab tests. His coworkers agreed to have him trapped in the world that he created for himself with the extra twist that he would lose all of his memory.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Wanderer wrote:Housepets is actually a project made my Joel himself. In his failed attempts of creating a compatible human-animal mutation, he became bitter and created a digital world where animals interact with humans. Because Joel was insane and needed therapy, he was stuck in a mental hospital. He killed his doctor and stole all his money to fund his project. Unaware that his failed mutations caused the death of millions of people, he made money off of his project, requiring an entrance fee to become part of his fantasy world. As Joel's punishment of murder, he was given a choice: The death penalty or a forced participation in many lab tests. His coworkers agreed to have him trapped in the world that he created for himself with the extra twist that he would lose all of his memory.
:shock:
that'd be a heck of a last strip!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Seth wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Housepets is actually a project made my Joel himself. In his failed attempts of creating a compatible human-animal mutation, he became bitter and created a digital world where animals interact with humans. Because Joel was insane and needed therapy, he was stuck in a mental hospital. He killed his doctor and stole all his money to fund his project. Unaware that his failed mutations caused the death of millions of people, he made money off of his project, requiring an entrance fee to become part of his fantasy world. As Joel's punishment of murder, he was given a choice: The death penalty or a forced participation in many lab tests. His coworkers agreed to have him trapped in the world that he created for himself with the extra twist that he would lose all of his memory.
:shock:
that'd be a heck of a last strip!

This and this ^.^

Hows that for a twist if that was true. lol
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Prideland novels are being used by Rick as an Allegory for the game the Nerds are playing. And the Nerds are represented by either certain Characters in the novels or Factions they belong too.

Edit: In this same vain I can also see Res being Kitsune's Avatar. I mean think about it Res is shy and doesn't like to involve him self in stuff much (as with his owner talking the credit for Pridelands) and a GM doesn't really involve him self with the game directly (usually anyway). It would be the perfect way for Kitsune to hide the story of The Game in something in the world he/she is playing in with out involving himself/herself in it directly. I mean Kitsune would be doubly removed from involvement then if you think about it, Res is the one that actually writes the stories and his owner takes credit for them.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In the housepets universe, a Chicken is a pet version of a wedding ring. Rufus forgot to mention that small detail to Peanut before giving them the chicken.

So in this case... Peanut and Grape almost became Mr and Mrs. Sandwich.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Sleet wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:Spoiler: The Sandwiches adopt Delusional Steve.
And he dies a week later.
No he doesn't, they paint him purple and call him Grape because Princess Periwinkle got adopted by somebody else.
Image Image
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Pete couldn't choose her because Tarot warned her that he's a jerk. and the avatar has to agree to become one.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

If it hasnt been said already i have a feeling that Karishad is Kitsune in disguise.

The god of dog and human heaven is a fat guy whose drawings suck
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I don't even like this wild guess, but it popped in my head and won't leave me!
Grape is a dog lover, but she loves Fox since he didn't attack her, when she was a kitten. She confesses to him, and hilarity ensues...not sure how, but it does!
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

and so begins the Foape(grox? (removed because it is apparently a bad word. what isn't these days?)?) shipping
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

DISCUSSION QUESTION: Where is Res' tea? Has it come to a boil yet?
I propose that the crying sound is actually just the kettle whistling
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:grox?
Sounds just like something Fox would say
Image Image
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:and so begins the Foape(grox? frape?) shipping
What Have I Done!?!
When I saw Frape I thought it was like the coffee but it is actually a bad word, do not look it up.
I do not support it, but I like the name Frappe if we are allowed to add extra letters.
CaptainPea wrote:DISCUSSION QUESTION: Where is Res' tea? Has it come to a boil yet?
I propose that the crying sound is actually just the kettle whistling
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:grox?
Sounds just like something Fox would say
Don't you know that it'll never boil if you look at it or have flashbacks?
Also I could see Grape and Fox having this conversation.
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cyril Sneer tries to invade Babylon Garden. He manages to trick Earl Sandwich and all the humans to listen to his plans to turn Babylon Garden into a human resort where the pets can live equally amongst them with no troubles and are given cushy jobs and normal homes and all.

Oh, but he leaves out the part where the pets are worked like slaves and are unable to say a word unless they want their parents to go bankrupt by removing any other job he and the ferrets are trying to financially support.

Finding out their money alone can't solve this problem, It's up to the Milton ferrets to round up the power of the pet community to combat this evil greedy aardvark millionaire
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Grape only went into the truck because she has to be the center of attention at all times. Why she is always so close to Peanut and Max and Res. She has to have all the attention, all the time.
My characters
angelmar741

Post by angelmar741 »

Spot the Superdog is in real life(in the comic), Peanuts father. Having superpowers, he passed some of those powers on to Peanut and his four brothers and sister, each having a different power. Peanut has the power of supre healing, making him nearly unkillable. Each sibling also has a single, unique super power, consisting of super strenght, super speed, flight, super intelligence, and super senses(eyesight, hearing, taste, touch, smell.) Peanut being....Peanut, he is often left out of the adventures, Super Healing serving to keep Peanut safe if he gets himself in danger.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Duchess is Yeltsin
that's why she and Boris are so tight
Image Image
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Duchess wants King's poppies. That is all.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Duchess isn't interested in King. She just really likes his cell phone and is jealous of king for buying such a sweet model. :lol:
My characters
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Ohhhhhh. So THAT'S why she was so upset when King said that he bought the phone before the show started. King probably promised that he'd buy Duchess a phone as a present for winning the 'BEST COUPLE EVAR' trophy, but instead he went off and bought the phone for himself before the contest even started.

With this in mind, he must have purposely done some underhanded work of his own while Duchess was trying to sabotage Karo and Colleen, in order to ensure that they didn't win anything. Now King's going to go home and brag to his girlfriend about how he convinced Duchess (who he'll undoubtedly refer to as "that dumb broad") that he loved her and was going to buy her a cellphone.

Then he'll put up posters all around Babylon Gardens about the incident and get the Milton ferrets to publicize it on national television. Because of this, Duchess will spiral into depression. Then everyone will grow to spurn King for being such a jerk. So he'll turn back into a human and go to jail to finish out his sentence.

When Joel gets out, after several years of self-reflection, he'll decide to adopt a dog from the local pound. Duchess will be there (insane from sorrow after King disappeared; it was only then she realized she really loved HIM, not his cellphone), and Joel will recognize her, feel sorry for all he'd done to her, and take her to whatever crummy apartment he's able to afford. And they live there for many years, watching dog competitions on the couch and eating offal together. Happily ever after. THE END
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

KJOokami wrote:Ohhhhhh. So THAT'S why she was so upset when King said that he bought the phone before the show started. King probably promised that he'd buy Duchess a phone as a present for winning the 'BEST COUPLE EVAR' trophy, but instead he went off and bought the phone for himself before the contest even started.

With this in mind, he must have purposely done some underhanded work of his own while Duchess was trying to sabotage Karo and Colleen, in order to ensure that they didn't win anything. Now King's going to go home and brag to his girlfriend about how he convinced Duchess (who he'll undoubtedly refer to as "that dumb broad") that he loved her and was going to buy her a cellphone.

Then he'll put up posters all around Babylon Gardens about the incident and get the Milton ferrets to publicize it on national television. Because of this, Duchess will spiral into depression. Then everyone will grow to spurn King for being such a jerk. So he'll turn back into a human and go to jail to finish out his sentence.

When Joel gets out, after several years of self-reflection, he'll decide to adopt a dog from the local pound. Duchess will be there (insane from sorrow after King disappeared; it was only then she realized she really loved HIM, not his cellphone), and Joel will recognize her, feel sorry for all he'd done to her, and take her to whatever crummy apartment he's able to afford. And they live there for many years, watching dog competitions on the couch and eating offal together. Happily ever after. THE END
You're not helping. :P
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

She is going to break the cell phone.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, well... that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

This would never happen, but it would be so cute to see: Peanut hears about how King visited Tarot in the middle of the night and how he 'hit' on her at that one party. Peanut then decides to fight for his lady, and tries to fight King.
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Housepets actually ended a year ago, and this is just a lucid dream for you who are reading this.

Yes, you.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

That would explain the hand-made dreidel that's been spinning non-stop on the nightstand by my bed for the last 50 weeks or so.

Hmm...
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

KJOokami wrote:That would explain the hand-made dreidel that's been spinning non-stop on the nightstand by my bed for the last 50 weeks or so.

Hmm...
*knocks over dreidel* no violating the laws of physics for you good sir
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Teh Brawler wrote:Housepets actually ended a year ago, and this is just a lucid dream for you who are reading this.

Yes, you.
And I just realized that the day you posted this was around the time Rick's computer crashed for a week. Your theory might have validity!
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Tarot isn't actually Peanut's girlfriend, but a psychiatrist who helps him to overcome his cat loving issues. They keep the guise of relationship in order to weaken the cat lover reputation and uses 'dates' as a codeword for therapy sessions. All this would go smoother though, if it wasn't for Tarot's supervisor Spirit Dragon who likes to micromanage her work.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Enraged at being left for being a zoo animal and thinking his family doesn't care about him, Keene takes his displeasure out on everyone nearest to him, cutting the other five ferrets out of the Milton fortune, firing Jeeves, evicting King and the wolves, and turning Karishad into a talking taxidermic head.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

after being left at the zoo for so long despite evidence that he is not in fact a zoo animal, Keene has been brainwashed into thinking that he is and has always been a robot zoo ferret.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Keene dig his way out, bribing Karishad with the cell phone to keep his mouth shut.
My characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Grape's reaction to learning about The U&U game (and her important role in it) is not going to be very good at all. Considering how she reacted to finding out about Pete from Tarot (freaking out about it), her seeming dislike for magic (Not wanting to hear Peanuts story at the end of We're Snowed In! and reaction to Tarot at first), and IMO the biggest clue her reaction to The Game from early on in the strip (Its yet another game you really have no choice but to play. Also looking back on that it looks like possible foreshadowing). Personally I have a feeling that Grape is not going to take any of this well at all especially if Max ends up being Pete's Avatar. (and since we know that both Peanut and Grape are special to the game in some way that is looking more and more likely)

I wouldn't be surprised if at the least she BSOD for a while, and freaks out. And/or maybe punches (or hits with something hard anyway) whoever tells her (if she can, like if its Sabrina,Tarot,King or Max (as Pete) about this.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The winner of the Cosmic Game will be King.
My characters
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

The secrete success to a GM's game in D&D is to steal a players personal stuff, they will go far and wide chasing something that is their own, going in any direction you wish them to go.
-Spoony

Hench Kings Watch
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"

Post by 0404 »

Teh Brawler wrote:Housepets actually ended a year ago, and this is just a lucid dream for you who are reading this.

Yes, you.
inception!!
Last edited by 0404 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Kyderra wrote:The secrete success to a GM's game in D&D is to steal a players personal stuff, they will go far and wide chasing something that is their own, going in any direction you wish them to go.
-Spoony

Hench Kings Watch
You know I already think the Cosmic Nerds are borderline monsters but you just made it worse by reminding me of that quote, thanks.