HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

furryovrlord

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by furryovrlord »

yikes! heh, great to see so much activity finally ^^
i'll need to kick my butt into gear and post something won't i? heheh. =3
WHAT!? CAT FANCIER??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?.........
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

So there still space here?
Name: Tom Bloggs (Yes Tom is short for Thomas but this isn't a persona, don't worry.)

Species: Dog, Labrador, the black furred kind.

Age: 1 and 8 months in human years, 6 years approximate in dog.

Neighbourhood: Richmond Acres (Hopefully)

Appearance: A scrawny young pup was Tom, from the tip of his furry black head and the point of his blocky, short muzzle and down to his toes and tail. The Labrador lacks strength which is evident but isn't unhealthy; actually quite the opposite with a clean, shiny coat of midnight black fur. His choice in attire might be odd or not with his brown collar and 'cute' hoody in grey for the colder days.

Personality: Tom is in all respects, a pushover. He'll hardly stand up for himself at all if he can't run away and intimidation isn't his thing. He has a heart of gold in the truest sense of the word however and tries to be nice, he also won't leave the side of a friend no matter what. The pup has a bit of an accidental naughty streak, often doing things that most wouldn't consider harmful or dangerous but rather more insane so the labrador can get himself into trouble while trying to keep himself occupied... Wait, there's live fish in the sink?

Other Notes: The lab, along with his owner Emily Bloggs is an aspiring photography star... if you can call home-made calendars star-quality work. He more often than not would rather keep it a secret since the themes tend to be embarrassing to him both from his small size and how the humans say the pictures are cute when he'd rather throw them away.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L (These should already be rounded down properly. I hope)
Strength: 3(6) He's still a puppy. What did you expect?
Perception: 7(7) Being weak the lab learned to hear where people are... and smell them... but not spot them for some reason.
Endurance: 4(4) He can't go on for long.
Charisma: 6(6) Puppies are good at getting out of trouble.
Intelligence: 5(5) The lab tends to be pretty smart on occasion and is very inquisitive... he just doesn't show it very often.
Agility: 5(5) Although skinny the lab can run pretty well.
Luck: 7(7) The lab seems to have a degree of karmanic protection.
Think I did everything by the letter. I hope I did.
Last edited by Thomas on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

As to space, yes I believe we still have some, but before we get into that...
Thomas wrote:So there still space here?
Name: Tom Bloggs (Yes Tom is short for Thomas but this isn't a persona, don't worry.)

Species: Dog, Labrador, the black furred kind.

Neighbourhood: Richmond Acres (Hopefully)

Appearance: A scrawny young pup was Tom, from the tip of his furry black head and the point of his blocky, short muzzle. The Labrador lacks strength which is evident but isn't unhealthy; actually quite the opposite with a clean, shiny coat of midnight black fur. His choice in attire might be odd or not with his brown collar and 'cute' hoody in grey for the colder days.

Personality: Tom is in all respects, a pushover. He'll hardly stand up for himself at all if he can't run away and intimidation isn't his thing. He has a heart of gold in the truest sense of the word however and tries to be nice, he also won't leave the side of a friend no matter what. The pup has a bit of an accidental naughty streak, often doing things that most wouldn't consider harmful or dangerous but rather more insane so the labrador can get himself into trouble while trying to keep himself occupied... Wait, there's live fish in the sink?

Other Notes: The lab, along with his owner Emily Bloggs is an aspiring photography star... if you can call home-made calendars star-quality work. He more often than not would rather keep it a secret since the themes tend to be embarrassing to him both from his small size and how the humans say the pictures are cute when he'd rather throw them away.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L (These should already be rounded down properly. I hope)
Strength: 4 He's still a puppy. What did you expect?
Perception: 7 Being weak the lab learned to hear where people are... and smell them... but not spot them for some reason.
Endurance: 4 He can't go on for long.
Charisma: 6 Puppies are good at getting out of trouble.
Intelligence: 5 The lab tends to be pretty smart on occasion and is very inquisitive... he just doesn't show it very often.
Agility: 5 Although skinny the lab can run pretty well.
Luck: 7 The lab seems to have a degree of karmanic protection.
Think I did everything by the letter. I hope I did.
There are a couple of issues that need to be addressed, nothing major, and pretty easy stuff to miss so it isn't too big a deal, it just needs to be worked out first.

I'll start at the top and work my way down. Name and species are fine, you have age flopped a bit though. I'm guessing he's supposed to be two by count of human years, which would put him at 7 in pet years, after that we have appearance, over all good, but I would like to see his tag listed as part of it, not a requirement mind you, just a request from someone who has fun playing off of things like that from time to time.

Personality is good as is the 'Other' section, gives him a bit of depth right off which is great to see. Now we come to the main issue I have with it currently...since he is a pup, either his strength or his endurance have to be cut in half, rounding down if you end up with a fraction, and the base state of each can't exceed 7. Right now I can't tell which has been cut and which hasn't, and as it is, the one you chose to cut could, at the most, be a 3.

Like I said, it's an easy thing to get wrong, but it does need to be addressed. What I'd suggest doing is to repost the sheet with the cut stat listed at full value in brackets beside the end result and we can move forward from there. Besides those issues though, I do like the character and think it'd be entertaining to have a pup in the neighborhood, though I will be asking for other opinions before deciding whether or not to approve.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Stats are revised and the age has been amended in a way that I only have two sets of three sevens. Lucky sevens! (If you get the reference then cookie points for you.)
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Aaaaand, you actually have 2 more points you can put into any stat(s) you wish. You're sitting at 40 right now and are allowed 42, you are not required to use all 42 though, so if you like your character this way you are free to leave him as such. I'm just making sure you're properly informed.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Everything should be properly amended and I'm not too bothered about those last two stats. They're only guidelines and as a puppy my character can't be too strong in any particular way... Guess I'll throw them into luck when he grows up or something. :mrgreen:

So am I good to jump in now or?
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

on the point of stats, and everything, so far, we havent exactly used them at all, they've been more of a cosmetic thing, so i would like to run the idea by everyone that, we come up with an arc for the future, that would require the competition characters stats, or something along the lines of that. :)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

How about some kind of big neighborhood wide game? Tesla could help building any machines. Maybe a game of Mega-Ultimate-super tag / dodgeball / pillow fight?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Really if we were going to do that route and do a mega-ultimate-super anything, I'd have to go for a water war. I mean, last I checked it was the middle of summer for RA, and who doesn't like a to spend a bit of time getting soaked when it's hot out?

Still, I can see the beauty in the other ideas...though I think the coolest inventions from Tesla would result from either dodge ball or the water war ideas...just sayin'.(Mind you if it were winter I'd be screaming 'Snowball fight!', especially if Tesla were making 'weaponry' for it.)

Also, I'm fine with Tom's character, but it isn't solely my call here. I either want at least three 'okay's from the players or a thumbs-up from you Furry. This is our last slot near as I can figure, so I feel it's best it be a decision by group or agreed upon by both GMs.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yaaawn. Good morning. :ugeek:

An uber game sounds fun but I can imagine that Tom wouldn't even be allowed to play. :lol:

Also how's it coming along deciding upon my character? I've got my first post all planned out in my head and I'm ready to go if I'm in.

Hey... are people going to constantly break down into one lined, thoughtless and 'heartless' posts whenever they need to talk? That seems the case which is very disappointing since this looked so nice. :cry: A bit of advice? I know getting characters to talk is rock hard but you could be using the space for thoughts and feelings that can flesh out or develop characters. And don't forget of course most pets would probably not be standing perfectly still as they talk, I'd imagine like real animals they're all full of energy.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

Shirosune wrote:Really if we were going to do that route and do a mega-ultimate-super anything, I'd have to go for a water war. I mean, last I checked it was the middle of summer for RA, and who doesn't like a to spend a bit of time getting soaked when it's hot out?

Still, I can see the beauty in the other ideas...though I think the coolest inventions from Tesla would result from either dodge ball or the water war ideas...just sayin'.(Mind you if it were winter I'd be screaming 'Snowball fight!', especially if Tesla were making 'weaponry' for it.)

Also, I'm fine with Tom's character, but it isn't solely my call here. I either want at least three 'okay's from the players or a thumbs-up from you Furry. This is our last slot near as I can figure, so I feel it's best it be a decision by group or agreed upon by both GMs.
You've got my okay too. seems pretty neat ^^
though i would like to leave the chance for any objections if there are any. in the interest of not dictating anything. :3
for now, go ahead and post your introduction though :3 consider it a trial?

on a side note,Shiro' would you possibly be able to write up a list of currently active players and their characters? :3
or, if you cant, would anybody else be willing?
if not, i could probably do it :P
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Well I'll get on with my post then. About what time and date is it IC though? And what about weather and all that? Just a little bit stumped.

[EDIT]
First post made. Hope you like it. Also I'll probably get into my character's home life in detail a little so sneaky pets have a reason to peek in through open windows and what not. ;)

... I imagined it would be more active but today is Easter Sunday. You guys must be busy eating all that chocolate. :lol:
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

The List wrote:-Active-

ChewyChewy

Constance - Rabbit - Female
Royal - Rabbit - Female
Window - Rabbit - Female

ctcmjh

Bianca - Bombay(Cat) - Female
Ginger - Cat - Female
Winchesteer - Ferret - Male

Esper

Mercury - Cat - Male
Tesla - Corgi - Male

furryovrlord

Crimson - Malamute - Male
Rufinae - Otter - Male

Marine Fox

Stiches(Doc) - Red Wolf - Male

Roarin

Zanna - Husky - Female

Rhyzer

Travis - Husky - Female

Seth

Gilmore - Newfoundland - Male

Shirosune

Fenrir - Sib Fox - Male
Valkyrie - Sib Fox - Female

-Trial Basis-

Thomas

Tom - Black Lab - Male
And there you have it, near as I can figure for now at least. To the players, if I've missed one of your main characters, or if I've got a color wrong for them, let me know either by posting here or PM'ing me and I'll get it fixed ASAP. For now, I have to get back to my family, so 'til next time, ja ne.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm heading for bed but I'll check back in the morning and hopefully daily if possible. I will be moving to France this or next month which means I could vanish from the site for a day or two if there's any complications at that point. Just so you all know.

Night.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

thank you shiro' looking good =3 if i remember correct, the reccomended limit was something like 15-20 players with a max of 2 characters right? or, am i over calculating/mis-remembering.

as for you thomas, DO take care ^^
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

I had thought it was ten players with a suggested limit of two characters per player. But I do know for sure that it's all really up to the neighborhood GM to make a call on such things. It's within our power to exceed those suggested limits as we see fit, we just need to be certain of such actions before we take them.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm back and not a thing has happened... I'll check out the comic in the meantime while hoping my post will arrive. <.< - >.>
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

-Attention all Richmond Acres Players-
Please stay tuned for a public service announcement from your local GM group.

Alright folks, recently got word from Chewy about which 'Dinner' the dinner party is set for. We're looking at lunch time so around 'noon' in neighborhood time. I'd like to try and get us to the party by Wednesday this week, so for everyone who plans to have their characters at the party, please begin to move them in that direction as soon as you can. For those who weren't here when the 'invites' went out but still want your character there, just aim to have your character invited by someone who knows about it, since everyone that was invited was encouraged to bring friends.

This has been a public service announcement by your local GM group, we now return you to your regularly scheduled OOC thread. Thank you, and have pleasant game.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I posted. Hope for more than just a single sentence or I'm going to feel a little insulted.

[Edit]

And while I did get more than a single sentance the first character to reply to me did so very weakly as they seemed to teleport since they beat everyone else who started running after Tom before him. Sigh. That's respect for the timeline for you. =_="

I'm going to sleep and I'm going to hope the time anomaly is explained or fixed when I get back, otherwise I'm ignoring it since it counts as god-modding (and annoying) in my book. Fair is only fair and beating other people in a chase without explanation is not fair.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Starting tonight, there's a high probability that I might not be posting for the next couple of days. I mean that since I'm going to be out in a trip without Internet, though I may be wrong, which is why I'm being a bit skeptic of the situation. :V
But even so, I just want to apologize for the short notice in advance.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Okay, Thomas. The fact that tesla reached you first is not god-modding. Just because I didn't write the post like, "Tesla took a step, and then another step." does not mean that he "teleported", I simply omitted his jog do an the street due to the fact that nothing really happened. Also, he responded that way because that's all he had to say, I'm not going to write a mini novel just to talk to you and say 'sorry'

Please do try to understand where I'm coming from, that is the way I post, always have posted, but I really do try to write well. I am sorry if I don't make sense or missed a point, I've been up for forty-eight hours and haven't eaten for quite sometime.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You have been up for forty eight hours and haven't eaten in a while? Why on earth are you not resting and recovering instead of posting on here?! :shock: Don't hurt yourself over this okay?

Also I still can't post until everyone else does or I get a valid reason IC the last person to start running got there first. Like I said, it throws consistency between posts out of the window which more than just irks me since generally it's not something you do in writing so it's not something you want to do in roleplay since roleplay itself is a round robin story with only one character under your control as opposed to the whole cast.

And a little tip for Esper when they're feeling well again, if you do describe the jog over it gives you an opportunity for your character to think and reflect or maybe just worry which adds to character development or something.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Okay, let me put a stop to this before it turns south.

Esper, please don't worry about your posting style, it's fine as is and you have no need to change it to meet the preferences of someone else.

--------

Thomas, please PM me when you see this.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

...Seems I over-estimated a bit. I figure I have enough time to post before I actually head on out. ^_^;;
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Cool. ^^ I'll also be hoping that where ever it is that you're going happens to have internet, but if it doesn't, then I look forward to your return later.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm seriously thinking of moving to another area... Where is everyone? Besides the one person we know is going to be away there's still what? 3 people being waited on I think.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Yeah, Richmond acres can get pretty slow, but I'm still waiting :)

Also, I got some sleep
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Alright I dont want to start anything but Thomas I think you should be a little more tolerant at the moment, these RP's take time to form and time for people to respond.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Lest the thread deteriorate, let's all keep in mind the role play is for entertainment. If you have issues with how someone plays, you're more than welcome to take it up with them calmly and respectfully. If you're concerned with activity, you can send a private message to a game master or the person you want to check on - again, with patience and understanding. If you feel a member is being too harsh, all the same options are open to you. And, of course, if you consider that a post may break the forum rules, you can report it. Have fun, guys!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Do people seriously think my posts are written in an angry context? :shock: Imagine me talking in a almost so calm it's boring voice in future, you'll have a better interpretation of me. :| Also the cyan text is killing my eyes, is there an option for a higher contrast colour scheme anywhere?

[Edit]
Eeek, this is not going to be easy to reply to since there's not too terribly much descriptive material such as body language, ect being thrown around (Or at least not in my direction, kind of reminds me of whenever I try to play football, no one sends the ball my way), this might take a moment or two.

[Edit]
Posted. Again sorry it's so short but one person getting barely into body language (These pets would be surprisingly expressive) gave my character little to notice and he's obviously not going to want to listen to anything being said so talking wasn't too much of an option. Hmm, I wonder how you guys will try to calm him down though, seems like it's going to be fun. Also...

Protip: People often forget their character's senses. Sight, sound, taste, feel, smell and of course their sixeth sense. This can do wonders for letting you really delve into your character. (Don't have a go at me again for this, it's helpful information for those who WANT to take it. I'm not forcing anyone to listen, hence why it's a tip and not a demand. :) )
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Fortunately, I'm back from the short trip. Have I missed anything at all, before I jump right back into the OC thread?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

No, not really anyway. Please dive right back in, and let's get ourselves to that dinner party. Furry, Chewy and Seth are all waiting on it to start to get back into things here, and I have the feeling(or at least I'm hoping) that ctc is planning to have his other two characters show up as well, so it should get things jumping again. Plus, as sadistic as it is of me, I kinda can't wait to put Fen in the situation...he's going to feel so out of place and unsure, it should be rather entertaining.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

i'll post asap, heh, just gotta catch myself up, or try, and then think of something to say. it's great to see the place so active, but boy it can get tedious keeping up sometimes.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Sorry for not posting yet, been getting my backside kicked around by sever writers block. :( Also the latest comic made me :lol:

Edit, sorry I haven't posted yet again. I should note I'm going into hospital tomorrow for a very minor opp and and it's been weighing me down a little, nerves. Feel free to assume Tommy pup is too scared to talk or something and I'll make up for it somehow.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Okay, as of today Thomas has not logged onto the site for over a week and it has been over twice that since he posted in the main RP thread. I am listing him as inactive as of this point. As such those who have been tied up by his character please feel free to remove yourselves from the situation. I'm giving any one of you who are involved with the current 'Tom' situation permission to write a quick 'out' post for the pup so he isn't just left sitting there if you like(Just try to be reasonable about how you do it if you choose to...nothing crazy, k?), but past that please move forward and free your characters.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Has anyone attempted to contact Thomas via private message?

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

I'll try that now, though he hasn't been online for a while.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Unless you disable this setting, the forum sends an e-mail when you receive a private message.

furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

hey everyone, i'd like o appologise for my absence!
i havent had the time to get online amongst all the jobseeking, and other stuff i've been doing.
i'm afriad i may be a little too far gone to be able to join in on the current arc, but i'll keep tuned as best as possible so that i can still answer questions and be a good gm. =3

your friendly neighbourhood Crimson
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

I, too, want to apologize for my absences. It's been brought to my attention that I'm neglecting my role to post on here. I don't want to impose for the sake of others, and for that reason I'd like to ask the moderators of the thread to exclude me from it, for the time being.

I need to focus on prioritizing, so I can't promise anything from here on out... Sorry, guys. :c