Operation PENTITO, or your moment of glory

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

valerio

Operation PENTITO, or your moment of glory

Post by valerio »

The Pentito, in Italian slang, is a member of a criminal cartel who regretted being parft of said cartel, and eventually decides to cooperate with law, sometimes with devastating effects on his or her former bosses.

To celebrate the 50th episode of Housepets! The series, my fatihful readers, I'll treat you with the chance to CREATE TWO CHARACTERS!
Yes, you heard it right the first time! I want YOU to share the emotion of being part of this milestone in my series, by adding to the cast the following characters:

The King of Champions - In Isla de la Paz, being the KoC means to be the top fighter, the toughest, the meanest...and the one who knows most of the secrets of the Pet Fight Club circuit of this corrupted city that draws much of its money from this bloody 'sport'. He or she must be a dog of course, and I want you to give me the highest detailed character sheet from appearance to history to hobbies, etc.

The King's bodyguard - Yes, even the top fighter needs someone to watch his/her back. After all, at Isla de la Paz someone may decide to...get rid of the champion in an unorthodox way in favor of their fighter.
But who could be this bodyguard? Someone small in size, someone small but that small to become prey, someone sleek who knows how to climb and hide in the shadows...Yes, guys, we're talking a cat, an ocelot, a mustelid... Your pick for the size and crafts not only to blend in the corners, but to be...a magician as well!
Surprise!Even though we're not talking about a Tarot/Sabrina/Chocolate level guy/gal, it's always a skilled telepath and a crafter good enough for his/her job.

So please, stay within these basic parameters, give me a good description of the relationship between these two characters and remember: they will become part of the main cast of the future seasons of HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES
I hope you appreciate the idea, as a treat to thank you for your support so far! :D

This initiative starts today and will end on Sunday morning at 8am (my timezone remember) The Series will be kept on hold until then.

Thank you again!Can't wait to see your ideas at work! And, again, each one of you must submit two characters as part of the team, remembering that 'the magician' has spent many decades doing this job, protecting one KoC after the other.
Last edited by valerio on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Operation PENTITO, or your moment of glory

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

So we just post it here? because I will be making my best attempt.
I'd just like a bit of clarification of what you mean by magician. Like a stage magician(i.e. slight of hand, misdirection, escape magic) + telepathy?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Yes, you all post your contributions in this thread.
And no, I mean a wizard, telepath with rough magic abilites. He/she is called 'the Magician' to confound the others, but we're talking a magic crafter.
Do NOT hesitate to post questions.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ah, I've got some ideas then.

KoC
Name: Asesino Cruz (AKA: Mijo Cruz, Ace)

Breed:New Guinea Singing Dog (AKA: New Guinea Dingo)

appearance:
image for reference
His coloration matches this image, except you wouldn't know by looking. His fur has gotten dingy from years of fighting. He has a scar across his muzzle, and a large cross-shaped scar on his back, with a few uninteresting scars scattered around the rest of his body. His left eye is a piercing blue, while his right eye is red as the blood that he's seen for too long.

Personality: He's never really liked to fight. Every time he's forced to eliminate another dog in the ring, he let's out a mournful howl that most around him misconstrue as a battle cry. In fights he's calm and collected, not as quick to anger as the other fighters. He tries to make the fights as quick and painless for the other dogs as possible, uttering a whispered apology before the final blow. Outside of the ring, he keeps up a tough guy demeanor to appease his owners, but when he's alone with his body guard, he feels he can show his true vulnerability. He's actually a sweet guy underneath the mask.

history: He was young when he was found in the street by an elderly couple, Senor and Senora Cruz. He lived with them for about a year before senor Cruz passed away. Senora Cruz began to decline in health soon after, managing to last two years until Mijo was 6. He then went to their son, who had unfortunately fallen into a bad crowd. it wasn't long before Mijo was renamed Asesino and trained to be a cold blooded killer in the ring. However, senora Cruz had instilled a strong moral compass in him, so he knew killing was wrong. Ace originally fought out of fear for his own life, but after a while, he was fighting to save the other dogs from the life he was forced to live. Before he knew it, he had made it to the King of Champions position.

hobbies: Whenever he gets outside, Ace likes to watch and listen to birds. The sound calms him, since the birds were his only constant friend since his days as a stray.
He also likes talking with his bodyguard, Bruja. She's the only other animal who can understand his situation. He talks of memories of his past owners, memories which he fears will fade, while she tries to cheer him up with small acts of mischief.

bodyguard
Name: Bruja Pena

Species: Savannah Cat

appearance: Her fur is pitch black, making it easy to hide in the shadows. Her eyes are bright green, with an eerie glow, striking fear into the hearts of those who make attempts at the life of the KoC.

Personality: She's actually a fun loving individual. She likes using her powers to mess with people, making things appear out of thin air and making other things disappear. She really likes Ace, since he's the first KoC in a while who hadn't been completely desensitized to the killing. She hates seeing him sad, so she likes to do things like make the driver's keys disappear when he goes to start the car.
When someone threatens ace, She appears out of the shadows and quickly redirects the opponent's weapon back at him. She does this with no remorse, because the attacker chose this path for himself. If the attacker survives, They often report seeing nothing but a glowing set of green eyes.

history: when she was younger, she was persecuted for her magical prowess. Eventually, the persecution turned violent. Once, it nearly killed her, until a man saved her life. That man was the head of the dog fighting ring, so she owed a favor to him. So, after learning to more effectively use her magic and how to fight, She was put to work as the bodyguard for the KoC. Every one of them has been a merciless killing machine, leaving her hating her job more and more as time passed. Ace is the first one she's genuinely wanted to protect.

hobbies: general magical mischief, helping Ace through his emotions, cheering him up.

let me know if there's any more information you needed. Hope they're good enough. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ooohh, man, this is SOME good first impression.
Now let's see what the others will come up with.

Oh, and I will not announce the winner in this thread. You'll meet the winning couple during the story. ;)
Oh, the suspence! Oh, the drama!
Oh, the audience! 8-)
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

The Series will be kept on hold until then.
Aww man. Well I guess I could try my luck with this later on then, even though I'm no writer at all.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Nothing wrong in trying 8-)

Not to mention that now someone can catch up with the updates, at last :idea:
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Uhm... maybe i'll post something. For fun xD
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

valerio

Post by valerio »

And what else for? :lol:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh man, I already have a good idea for this, the only problem is that I'm no good at coming up with names...

Also, does the history have to be given in detail, or can it be something like "not much is known, as his owner found him on the street one day."
I mean, I will have more than that, like what happened after he was found. Just don't know if I need history from birth.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Cool! Seems like my guess about a magical antagonist was confirmed all along. Also as the story progressed, I noticed that description of the PFC, while still graphic, are a little toned down. It is stated that there are "better condition" and pet fighters with feelings compared to the original Whiteman scene in the 6th episode where working conditions are shabby and animals are mindless savages.

I don't really have anyone in particular but if possible, you can remodify Urfo and Wolfgang from the "Free OCs" post. It would be interesting to have a champion with a disability. You can change their breed if you want as long as their appearance doesn't differ much. As for Wolfgang's power, he can control gloves to function as his floating hands (remember that he's armless, think Rayman). Despite what others think, Urfo and Wolfgang are not romantically involved.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Moved this post further down!
Last edited by GameCobra on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:each one of you must submit two characters as part of the team
you're half way there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

But i really love cats </3

ok, fine. i'll make another one X3

Post by 0404 »

Are you sure that Rick is going to cast some characters from this thread? I tought you are talking about Rick's Housepets
there are so much housepets! housepet series, housepet x1 etc...
Last edited by 0404 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no, this is about Valerio's fan fiction, called Housepets! The Series
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

JeffCvt wrote:Oh man, I already have a good idea for this, the only problem is that I'm no good at coming up with names...
Also, does the history have to be given in detail, or can it be something like "not much is known, as his owner found him on the street one day."
I mean, I will have more than that, like what happened after he was found. Just don't know if I need history from birth.
The more you add the better. These are characters that are going to stay for good in the series, thus detailed sheet are highly appreciated.
---
kavviyenta wrote:Cool! Seems like my guess about a magical antagonist was confirmed all along. Also as the story progressed, I noticed that description of the PFC, while still graphic, are a little toned down. It is stated that there are "better condition" and pet fighters with feelings compared to the original Whiteman scene in the 6th episode where working conditions are shabby and animals are mindless savages.
I don't really have anyone in particular but if possible, you can remodify Urfo and Wolfgang from the "Free OCs" post. It would be interesting to have a champion with a disability. You can change their breed if you want as long as their appearance doesn't differ much. As for Wolfgang's power, he can control gloves to function as his floating hands (remember that he's armless, think Rayman). Despite what others think, Urfo and Wolfgang are not romantically involved.
sorry, but unless you come up with a genial solution to compensate, a fighter with a disability is not even considered such in Isla de la Paz. They'd feed him/her to the most vicious and mindless fighter, much like the Whitemans used to do.
And, as cruel as the situation is, this city remains a luxury place and so certain privileged conditions are kept for the top fighters.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

valerio wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:Oh man, I already have a good idea for this, the only problem is that I'm no good at coming up with names...
The more you add the better. These are characters that are going to stay for good in the series, thus detailed sheet are highly appreciated.
Ok, got it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'll put them both in this one post!

The King's bodyguard

Name: Socks

Appearance: A Female with near-pure grey fur with a touch of white fur around the stomach area reaching up to her nose. Grey pupiled eyes go along with it, making Socks feel alot more bland, but strangely stands out more younger as well because of it. To go along with the elderly look, she commonly carries a rickety old broom and brownish bland cape, but has been known to modify it to make bright, colorful versions of it on the fly.

Personality: A young cat with the personality of a old,elderly woman. While she has the personality of a self-ruling queen and thinks she's above everyone else, she cares deeply for the feeling of others and always puts herself before others; especially those younger than herself. (Although she wonders why the kittens/puppies fear her pinching) Socks is also stubborn when it comes to fun, believing fun to be a sign of weakness and wouldn't suggest it in any shape or form as a solution ~ but Socks knows deep down that she's just as prone to it as well ~ and don't get her started on her yarn magic...

History: Socks was born on the streets. Believing that Socks had better chances of living by herself than her parents, they hid her in an alley in hopes noone would notice her as they try to survive without her. Since then, Socks was always thinking old. The cat had alot of years to live and didn't know when to stop worrying about simple things like when the flu would wipe out humanity or when someone would summon a man-eating dragon. This worrysome attitude manifested in everyone thinking the cat was really as old as she looked ~ Truth is, this cat is just as young as any normal cat. It was one of the reasons she sought out to become a bodyguard in the first place along with the ideas of securing the future of Isla de la Paz. Easily getting the job with her yarn magic and showing off just how easily she can mess with clothing of any nature, Socks was shown to be the craftiest wizards in not only the tailoring department ~ but also the restraining one as well. As years passed and her familiarity of the economy was brought up to speed, Socks grew distrusting of the system, but it didn't bother her as long as she was able to watch over the champions personally and ensure noone would corrupt them. She has a grudging respect for Garr, but can't admit it due to her own personal agenda. That, and she thinks she has to treat him like the kid and not the other way around.

Hobbies: playing with Yarn (but not the conventional way; She likes to take it apart and put it together again), cleaning, counting coins, Pancakes, Soup and Noodles in every form and talking with children.

Motto: "The parents give you the feet for you to walk on. I give you the socks to put on. You, on the otherhand, have to put on and tie your own shoes."

The King of Champions

Name: Garr

Appearance: A well groomed male husky with dark blue fur that's mistaken for black at times. Favors wearing plain leather boots and gloves along with his chest strapped dual iron shoulder pads. The shoulder pads are known for being worn-down badly, even showing off some of the clean cuts going towards the head area.

Personality: A Loyal and also Prideful dog. He's use to being violent and very confrontational about things that he don't like and isn't afraid to admit that and has shown to get aggressive when pushed in rare occassions, but most of this doesn't show as often as his chivalrous nature of helping the lesser folks and doing what he does is right at his convenience. The only long time plans he could come up with are the ones he ends up doing, not what others do, and therefore has a nasty habit of planning the wrong things for others.

History: Garr was born as a natural fighter, skilled in the use of halberds and staffs. He grew up knowing what to expect as well, though he admittedly never favored smaller, conventional weapons due to his natural strength. Initially raised to be a humble fighter by his uptight parents and find some work and a love life, the life of fighting and crime wasn't nice to him and forced him to eventually go where he, to his irony, where the least bloodshed would occur. After working his way up towards the champion, he began to realize that the title of Champion would convey a personal feeling he always wanted from the crowd and, for the most part, got what he wanted out of it. The secrets that went on in Isla De La Pas did nothing to stop him from his goal, though there has been rumors that he has had his hand in trying to prevent some of the more bloody incidents from happening recently. Garr tries his best to work with Socks, but due to Sock's own personal reasons refuses help from Garr on occassion, something that Garr grows tired of easily and hopes to fix soon.

Hobbies: training with his staff, baths, patroling, playing darts, talking about stories and accomplishments in life; particularly likes loves trophies that aren't hunting trophies.

Motto: "Strength brings respect. Respect brings comfort. When you seek comfort from me, I know I'm doing the right thing. "

EDIT: Decided to add some family history to the characters to help with any back-story related history behind them if it helps.
Last edited by GameCobra on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

valerio wrote:
kavviyenta wrote:Cool! Seems like my guess about a magical antagonist was confirmed all along. Also as the story progressed, I noticed that description of the PFC, while still graphic, are a little toned down. It is stated that there are "better condition" and pet fighters with feelings compared to the original Whiteman scene in the 6th episode where working conditions are shabby and animals are mindless savages.
sorry, but unless you come up with a genial solution to compensate, a fighter with a disability is not even considered such in Isla de la Paz. They'd feed him/her to the most vicious and mindless fighter, much like the Whitemans used to do.
And, as cruel as the situation is, this city remains a luxury place and so certain privileged conditions are kept for the top fighters.
I didn't think PFC don't bother with equal opportunity. So I don't really know if I have any appropriate compensation for a handicapped fighter. Even disabled martial artists in Chinese films doesn't have to be pragmatic. Oh well, it was worth a try.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

He/She could just be that good that they don't need a handicap despite whatever is wrong with them.
You never know.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Sometimes the blind kung fu master guy can still be too good to defeat. Think Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender. >.> She was way awesome and she knew it. Blind can be considered handicap; doesn't mean you're not a capable fighter.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

My entries

The King of Champions
Name: Champ
Breed: German Shepherd
Fur pattern: Simalar to Ralph

History: Champ has no memory of his life before the age of 5 years old, when he was taken to his first fight. All that he knows is that he was apperently a stray when he was found by someone who entered him in a PFC that was held in a basement somewhere. Champ was thrown into the first fight without even being told what was going on.
He proved to be very strong and a good fighter when he defeated his opponent, a dog that was experienced and had many wins under his belt. Champ was so good that he was in the main city of Isla de la Paz within a year.
He was only 6-7 years old, and did not fight too often because he would run away from his current "owner" every chance he got. However, someone usally captured him and either returned him or kept him for themselvs as a dog for the PFC's. This happened often, so he never climed the ranks or become well known.
This went on untill he was about 13-14 years old. One day, on another one of his escapes, he met another German Shepherd, this one a female named Eva. She was also a dog who was running from her "owner" and trying to escape the city. By working together, they managed to escape the city.
They were on the run from Eva's owner, who was a powefull man with a lot of money, for about a year and a half. Durring that time, they fell in love and had puppies. Shortly after giving birth, some men that Eva's "owner" had hired had caught up to the two dogs. Champ and Eva managed to get the puppies to a nice shelter before they were captured and brought back to Isla de la Paz.
Upon being brought back, Eva was imeditley entered into a fight, where she sadly was killed.
Champ was devastated. Soon, he found himself entered in a fight himself. It just happened to be with the same dog that had killed Eva.
Champ showed no mercy to this dog. (Enough said)
From that day on, he decided that every dog he ever faced in battle was also at fault for the death of Eva. And he stopped running away, mainley so he could fight more often.
He was so ruthless that he rose to become the The King of Champions in only a month. Since he rose to the tital 15 years ago, he has fought the strongest dogs in the city, and never lost once. Despite being 30 years old, he is rarley challenged for the tital anymore.
It is thought that Champ is unbeatable. The last fight he had was against a pitbull-rotwiler mix that had trained for years and was at the peak of physcal strength and endurance. There were even some rumers that the dog had been given preformance enhancing drugs.
Champ won the fight in about 15 seconds. There have been no challenges since.

Facts
Name: Champ has had many different names, mainley because he had many different owners. Champ was a self given name that he got after he won his first fight as a pup. He had heard someone say "That dog is going to be a champ someday" and he decided that he would always call himself that.
Puppies: He wishes that he could meet his puppies one day, even if it is only one of them. Every time he remembers that they no longer have a mother, his resolve to fight grows stronger.
Friends: Has none.
Current Owner: Is the same guy who owned Eva. Has been his "owner" for past 15 years. Champ wishes that he would suffer a long, terrible fate. He does not inflict this on his owner himself because he needs him to set up the fights.
Fighting style: While he shows no mercy to his opponents, he is not a mindless, blood thirsty killing machine. He thinks and is very smart when it comes to how he fights.

King's bodygaurd
Name: Sammie (Sam for short. Is a male cat)
Breed: Unknown. Probably a mix of many different breeds.
Color. All Grey

History: Sammie was found as an abandoned kitten in (of all places) a church parking lot. He was taken and given to a high calabar fighting dog as food.
The dog's owners were supprised when they came back and found the dog dead, and Sammie sitting in the back corner of the cage.
Because he was still just a little kitten at the time, his "owners", who happend to have the King of Champions at the time, decided to let the dog train the cat. While he did recieve training, Sammie was given the job of gaurding the King of Champions after someone attempted to kill the dog outside of the PFC's.
As a sign of respect, every time the Champion was defeated, Sammie became the boddygaurd for the new Champion.
One thing that no one knows is that he has magical powers. His magical powers are not reading minds or talking to spirits though. He can summon fire and ice from his finger tips. While he cannot contoll the fire or ice beyond his palm, he uses this ability to create deadley fire or ice punches.
Despite being 35 years old, he shows little sign of his age in his physcal abilties. Anyone who saw him walking around town would never guess he was 5 years away from the average lifespan of a cat.
No one has ever been able to harm Sammie or the dog he had been gaurding (outside of a fight of course). Those who try are never heard from again.

Oh yes. One more thing.
Sammie is blind. Always has been.

Facts
Name: Given to him after he killed the dog that was suposed to eat him.
Magic: Can also launch the fire or ice, but does not like to because he can't see.
Eyes: Was either blind at birth or lost sight shortley after. Eyes were removed by first owners. It just looks like his eyes are closed all of the time. Has no memories of vision.
Blindness: Has never run into anything. His enhanced hearing, enhanced smell, and wiskers all work together. He can walk anywhere and no one would be able to tell he was blind (Unless they look and see his eyes were removed).
Job: Whenever the Champion changes, Sammie lives with that Champion untill there is a new one. Because Champ has been champion for 15 years, Sammie has lived with him all that time.
Gaurding: Does not often fight anyone who tries to unfairley kill the champion. Sammy simply uses his enhancd sences and lets the champion know when someone is there. The champion will usally take care of the attacker, and Sammy deals with the aftermath. (Including getting rid of the attacker after they are beaten)
Personality: Likes people. Despite the fact he protects the Champion, he hates the idea of fighting for entertainment. He wishes that Champ would not be so eager to fight all of the time. Sammie can tell Champ is hurting deep inside over his lost love.
Last edited by JeffCvt on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I'm not good with instant background for charas, oh well it's only a little concept
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

valerio

Post by valerio »

you still have time, until tomorrow 8am
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Whoops, gonna run out of time. Maybe if I get couple hours of peace later on the night I might get the bodyguard also done. If not, well for fun then I guess. Geez, this came pretty long and messy :lol:

King of Champions

Name: Darius Grayson

Appearance: Darius is an american akita with white/brown coat. He wears a dark blue bandana over his forehead along side with an eye patch, both hiding his terrible scar which runs across the left side of his face. His body also has quite a few of small scars, but only notable one is the one on his left shoulder.

Personality: While Darius has the nature of loyal service dog in his heart, no one really sees it in practice. He's very competitive, confident, strong willed and hot headed, then mix in generous amount of ambition and you have overachieving mess in your hands. He used to be arrogant and almost impossible to co-operate with, but getting older and academy training have made him more reasonable and bringing out some of his helpful and friendlier aspects. Still, if someone thinks they're better than him he's always ready to prove them wrong, but now he doesn't anymore smear their defeat to their faces. Well at least not that much.

History:
Darius was born in a peaceful suburb in a middle class family along with his two brothers. Their puppyhood was easy one, they had good environment to grow up, lot's of other pets to play with and loving parents. The outgoing dog had no problems of making friends and his competitive nature and determination granted him alpha status within his peers, with lackeys and everything. However, the easy suburb life didn't really give that much of challenges to him and soon he started to get bored with being easily the best all the time. Nothing just really felt exciting anymore, so he finally decided to join the force.

From the academy he did find the challenge he was craving for. Training was hard both physically and mentally, but he was the only one from his group who would have go on with a masochist like grin while the rest would fall down or give up. While he was enjoying it, his trainers surely did not. His excellence in every other field wasn't really satisfying since his behavior was just downright awful. When the team should work together, he could turn any mission into competition, potentially endangering his teammates just so he could come out better than them. He liked doing things his way and teaching him discipline was like talking to a wall. After lot of headache and frustration, trainers did finally in the end got some sense in his head.

After graduating from the academy he now was officially a mean, lean and dangerous k9, ready to kick bad guys butt. His career was unfortunately rather short though. His first big mission after boring patrol duty was a raid to some pet fighting business. Overly enthusiastic he was signed up immediately. The mission itself turned out to be a total fiasco, as someone probably had tipped off the criminals. They were ready and armed. The force itself had no other option but to retreat to avoid casualties, but Darius, ready to be written to history as the most heroic K-9, rushed forward by himself. He wasn't heard ever again and written off as MIA, with the strong possibility of being killed. It wasn't all for nothing though, as his name was spoken many times after his heroic charge, but mostly about how a police dog SHOULDN'T act.

Waking up later, he found out himself being a prisoner and without memory. Captured just to amuse the crowd, he was thrown in to the ring injured with the current King of Champions, ready to be teared apart as a warm up for his main event. What no one didn't except, was that a never heard, bleeding and almost dead dog beat up the current King of Champions. The outrage in the crowd was massive, a lot of people lost good money that night and couple became rich by luck. His potential was quickly noticed, and one of the investors bought him immediately.

Not a lot people were told his past as a police dog and this was rather tricky thing. Fortunately he was suffering from amnesia due hit to his head during his capture, he couldn't remember nothing except small parts like a blue service vest, his mother, a oddly non particularly memory from his puppyhood and so on. His amnesia wouldn't be permanent and it would only take couple months to fully restore. Not wanting this to happen, they brainwashed him to think fighting is actually good thing and hired the famous bodyguard to keep him in check with help of some magic.

Now Darius is addicted to the competitive nature of the pet fighting business and the adrenaline rushes he gets from the fights. While he enjoys the battle, outside of the ring he is totally lost. Trying to keep himself busy, he trains a lot and hangs around with his bodyguard. Often has he fallen asleep thinking something is very, very wrong. The thoughts never last long though, as long as his memories are kept shrouded by his bodyguard.

Fighting style: Against other pets and animals his style imitate a lot of the ones humans have. Victory is the only suitable outcome, so Darius uses everything he can to win. He has absolutely no shame using all possible cheap and dirty tricks to overpower his opponent, neither does he give any mercy should he find a weakness he can exploit.

Relationship with Bodyguard: The only friend he has in the business. Very good friends, almost like brothers.
Attachments
Darius.png
Darius.png (146.95 KiB) Viewed 21556 times
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

@ Evan:
Remember, the deadline is 8:00 AM Valerio's time. Not yours.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

for your joy, guys, it's been postponed at 10am
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So there is 2 more hours?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

Correct
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The King's bodyguard

Name: Merus (meh-ru)

Appearance: Small (an inch or two taller than Tarot) female cat with light blue fur and black spots scattered around her left cheek down to the small of her back. Based off the Bengal breed of cats. She is always well groomed and presentable. Her eyes are a dark shade of blue that promise you things unimaginable. Her walk is one of total dominance and perfection, she is alluring in every possible way. Her collar is black with a glittery silver eagle tag. She speaks with a Latin American accent.

Personality/Physical Capabilities: Merus is a master of emotional manipulation, and is willing to do everything in order to get what she wants. She is also a sadist, and takes pleasure in breaking her opponents mental state by searching through their mind for things they feel guilty about (deaths they blame on themselves, etc). A talented liar,actor, and illusionist, she loves pretending to be an enemy's loved one and striking when least expected. Her talents lie in illusion and telepathy, but she also has control of the nervous and circulatory systems in an animal or human. Merus is also extremely athletic, and has several Chinese martial arts and parkour/free running in her repertoire, but she would rather try and rip apart her enemies mind before resorting to these skills. She is fascinated by love, and appreciates how it can mess with your mind and make you do things you normally wouldn't. Her signature is saying "Embrace the silence, Mi Amor" before destroying her enemy's nervous system at the sound of her purr, though not before playing with his/her guilt and emotions first..

History: Merus was genetically engineered from birth by a team of scientists to be superior to every other female cat in existence. She lived in an underground base located somewhere in Spain for three years. During her last year of living there, a scientist made a mistake and accidentally gave Merus a chemical that unlocked her psychic potential and, with her new powers, Merus escaped by appearing to the scientists as a giant eagle and scaring them out of the base. After spending a year learning martial arts, and living as a contract killer in Barcelona, she hitched a plane ride to Mexico and ended up in Isla de la Paz. Always attracted to danger and fighting, Merus ended up a job as The King of Champions' bodyguard. Within a year she fell in love with her client and is currently trying to get him to reciprocate her feelings.

Hobbies: Fooling other pets into relationships and breaking their hearts, dancing, placing bets in the fighting arena, staring at and mooning over Khia.

The King of Champions

Name: Khia (key-ah)

Appearance: A male, silvery furred medium/small sized Husky/Corgi mix. Ears are tipped in black. He bears soft eyes of jewel-like pink. His dingy green collar is dirty, with chunks bitten off in random places. It lacks a tag. He is missing a toe on his right foot. Khia's right paw always has a watch of some kind on it. He is very soft spoken and only talks when needed.

Personality/Physical Capabilities: Khia is actually a sweet, nature-loving, kind guy. He will always try and resolve violence outside of the arena. He bears no ill will towards anyone and he tries his best to understand why the criminals and kidnappers do what they do. Almost always smiling, Khia is an optimist and loves to watch sunsets from the city rooftops. Wanting to end battles quickly and with no pain towards the opponent, he learned and mastered pressure point fighting from one of the Pet Fight Circuit heads, and can kill in seven to ten painless taps to various points around the body.

History: Growing up with parents and a brother in a cabin in the woods, Khia developed an affinity for elusiveness, hiding, and survival skills. He also massaged his mother frequently, learning about acupuncture and weak spots. All of that changed when he was kidnapped at the age of 6 and taken to Isla de la Paz. In his first fight, he was forced to kill his brother with a brick, which left him traumatized for around 3 weeks. When it was time for his next fight, Khia attempted to escape from the arena but failed, and the leaders of the Pet Fight Circuit had his toe bitten off by a feral wolf. In order to make his performance more effective, they brainwashed him into forgetting about his brother and gave him drugs every fight in an attempt to make him enjoy violence and fighting. He never changed. After 2 more years of protesting and escape attempts, Khia gave up and, eventually came to terms with fighting and surviving. After 4 more years of fighting, Khia found himself at the top of the Circuit and the King of Champions.

Hobbies: Watching sunsets, Daydreaming, Admiring nature
Last edited by Skruffy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Skruffy wrote:This might be late but whatever
From my post time on this post, I think we still have about 12 hours untill 10:00 AM Valerio's time.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This sort of thing always comes up when I am just too busy to do anything about it! :roll:

Ah well..... I did have a couple ideas, but no time to flesh them out... too busy with Easter.

One thing. Huskies are VICIOUS..... I know from experience. I have seen the aftermath of husky attacks. A few of them.

A KoC that looks just like Fox and a bodyguard that is actually a rattlesnake comes to mind....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

copper wrote:A KoC that looks just like Fox and a bodyguard that is actually a rattlesnake comes to mind....
Now I wish that you had time to put this idea down. I would really like to see what you had in mind for them.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

And the bodyguard too. Dang, writing down your thoughts in limited time frame was a lot more harder than I thought. Might be writing too much on something trivial and missing out something more important :lol: I'm bad at bringing my ideas open via words.

Name: Mostly known as the 'Riddle', real name Riley.

Appearance: A rather normal looking house cat. Mostly black and white fur, with hint of brown in the mix, most notable above his right eye where there is a big brown spot. Wears an expensive and stylized collar.

Personality: Riddle is mostly rather laid back cat, not really giving much thought the fates of the pets around him. Being raised on the streets have made him think realistic and cynical.

He has no helpful nor friendly attitude towards pets he hasn't ever met, but neither does he take any satisfaction from leading pets to their doom. He likes to stay neutral so to speak, judging first all possible outcomes before taking the side he's most comfortable with/most beneficial to him. Selfish? Yes, but that's one thing life as a stray has taught him, you _have_ to look out for yourself, because no one else will. Deep down he just wants to live a normal pet life without having to deal with constant danger.

For leisure he watches a lot of movie and it shows. While he watches wide range of different movies, he mostly like all kind of gangster movies mostly because of the environment/business he lives in. For example Godfather/Scarface and such.

History: Riddle was born as a stray in the Isla de la Paz, in litter sporting with couple sisters and a brother as well. Life on the streets was hard. Hardly enough food to feed everyone, everything was dirty and the possibility of other stray animals attack was ever present. Luckily the poor cat family managed in the streets long enough for Riddle to start managing on his own. Thrown early to the chaotic, hard life Riddle was first completely lost, but soon in face of cold truth about survival he discovered something about himself: He could conjure magic to his aid, creating illusions and manipulating objects around him!

Months went by and Riddle's powers grew stronger, he was ready to use his powers by command to help him get through the stray lifestyle. With his illusions he could secure a rather safe source of food, but he still knew his life could collapse around him easily. Being stray he didn't have no one to look out for him, no one to trust, no one to protect. He needed something more reliable to keep him from suffering the hardships of the stray life.

That all changed the day when a man clad in expensive suit came ask him for some information. Not completely sure what to do, he did tell everything the man asked about strays around the area. First it felt like one time odd event, but when the same man returned to ask him more information, Riddle started to realize ther was business potential in his skills. His stealth, charisma and potential in magic were excellent for gathering information.

It surely didn't take long before the man in expensive suit offered a full time job, Riddle knew he had found something was good at. Gathering information around the area was first mostly his full time job, but seeing him use his abilities his new owners decided to extend his contract to bodyguard champions.

Finally having a new real purpose aside of just surviving for his life, he accepted the new job gladly. Only later on he would realize how deep down in bad business he got himself into, but there was no going back. He never wanted to work for a pet fighting ring, he didn't even know the strays he gave information about was captured for the fights.

Doing as told, he did terrific good job protecting the King of Champions. While he had some agony of conscience, he wasn't exactly bitter about the luxury life he gets as the bodyguard. Doing the same job for many years only now with the current champion he has felt some connection, mostly because he just isn't the same as the kings before him. He isn't bred to be killer neither he is a bloodthirsty monster, but rather a normal dog who has a bit same kind of bad luck as he does. He quickly befriends him as Riddle was contracted to bodyguard him, though this time the deal was a bit different. Usually Riddle just kept the fighters safe, but this time he also had to use his powers to keep the king of champion fighting.

He doesn't like the idea of messing someones head like this at all. It feels even worse when you befriend with the champion to the point he treats you like his best friend, but contract is a contract and he has to mess with his head in order to keep him fighting. While Riddle doesn't exactly like how his life is currently plummeting down to self hatred, there's nothing currently he could do to save him and his friend. He just needs the right chance to make his escape, but currently it just looks impossible.

Skills: Dealing a lot with strays and people, he has developed a good sense of business and reading peoples/pets body language. Being a smooth talker he can turn pets head around for his own goals, but mostly just uses it for his own amusement and joke around. Stray life also has taught him to use shadows to his advantage, finding good covers to hide himself from threat.

He's also a magic user. Most of his powers revolve around illusions, but also has some knowledge of mind control. He can create shadow images of himself or someone else, imitate other pet's voice, hide objects/persons from sight and some other similar spells. His mind control tricks are easily less developed than rest, but still Riddle has some control over that. While he haven't learned/cannot control people's minds or anything, he can manipulate existing mental problems. As in Darius case, he can prolong his amnesia forever should he want to, but also could break it down in an instant. The most typical use of this power is to strengthen someones fears.

Relationship with King of Champions:Has very good relations with Darius. Finally a pet who isn't a complete lunatic and can appreciate the small good things like movies instead of living only for blood lust. Feels bad about denying him the truth about his past, but considering the consequences he just can't. He wouldn't return to stray life, and revealing the truth would make Darius stop fighting which would mean the death for both of them.
valerio

Post by valerio »

it's 10am, and the selections are closed.
Thank you for contributing, you'll soon meet the winning couple... 8-)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I look forward to it and hope I won. I'm still currently 4 updates behind. I SHALL CATCH UP!!!
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The wait is killing me!
All of the entries are really good ideas (Although if you ask me, Evan had the best), but I want to know who was picked!
It's too much!!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote:A KoC that looks just like Fox and a bodyguard that is actually a rattlesnake comes to mind....
Garr when i made him had the image of Fox in mind, except to add originality i wanted him to have much darker fur, likes to wield bigger sticks, and has a rougher life in general and feels more worried about his decisions than Fox does. In that sense, he's like a battle-hardened version of Fox.

But That's not to say Garr is a clone of Fox. I want him to be completely separate from him and fight alot. That's what makes Garr cool in my opinion X3
Last edited by GameCobra on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

JeffCvt wrote:The wait is killing me!
All of the entries are really good ideas (Although if you ask me, Evan had the best), but I want to know who was picked!
It's too much!!
don't sell yourself short, Jeff. Your backstory had lots of elements val could use for story elements later on. Champ has puppies he wants to meet some day, Sammie's close to the end of the average pet lifespan, so Champ could have to deal with him dying at some point... why am I giving Val idea's that might make my characters more likely to lose?:\
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets