Crystal Chronicles: The Kessler Caravan OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Kalvin

Crystal Chronicles: The Kessler Caravan OOC

Post by Kalvin »

So recently I was playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and realized that the world of the game had so much greater potential than the developer's realized. So I got to thinking that it would make a great RP setting. For those of you thinking of joining who haven't played the games I suggest reading up on the basic setting and watching some videos on Youtube to get the feel of the world. At first glance it doesn't seem as light-hearted as the game actually is. I am normally on the IRC at times so I can explain it there if you like.

My thought was to be the caravan of a small village named Kessler. Our characters would have to know each other to be in the same caravan for the same village. Keep in mind the village size I was thinking about was about 10 families, after all people can't move around much with the poisonous gas all over the world. So I was thinking 8-10 players (2 characters max) with everybody being able to play 1 or 2 characters. I am definitely taking a spot. For the actual format I was thinking of just the same system as Pet Friendly. For those of you not familiar we just regularly RP together over many posts.

Slot 1: Kalvin (Rakala, Lilty)
Slot 2: Buckdida (Mel Dook, Selkie)
Slot 3: ctcmjh (Kayle & Ellysia, Clavats)
Slot 4: ArgentFlame (Aiden, Selkie)
Slot 5: EchoFireant (Steiner, Clavat)
Slot 6: Cthonion (Symphoros, Yuke)
Slot 7: Dylan (Elian, Yuke)
Slot 8: Auzzo (Sethar, Clavat)
Slot 9: WolvenPaw15 (Reno, Selkie)

As for character creation I would also use the SPECIAL system with Intelligence also applying to magic casting abilities. I would also add the following stats to the different races

Overall: In this RP you only get 36 points. I feel this is more balanced personally.
Clavats: +1 to any 3 stats, no doubling up. Clavats are a versatile race that excel at many different things, basically humans.
Selkies: +2 Agility, +1 Luck. Selkies are quick and agile and things just seem to go their way.
Lilties: +2 Strength, +1 Endurance. Though small in stature, Lilties are ferocious warriors that strike hard and can keep fighting for a long time.
Yukes: +2 Intelligence, +1 Perception. Yukes are wise and aware, making excellent mages.

I will make an example character with important things added.

Name: Rakala Eranmo
Race: Lilty
Height: 4'5
Fighting Style: Dual Axes (You don't have to stick to the original race's game weapons. Feel free to use what you like.)
Age: 15 (Keep in mind caravaners are normally young adults and teens and my thought is the start of a new caravan.)
Family profession: Rancher (Again no need to restrict this to the game's parameters, it just makes sense for my character)

Appearance: Keeping a good build about him, he trains daily to keep himself physically fit and on his toes. He has a dark brown hair which he keeps slicked back and a white headband around his forehead. He wears a red shirt with chainmail underneath to keep him protected, but plate leggings, boots, and gloves. His two axes remain latched to the back of his belt, ready to use when necessary.

Personality: Rakala tries to keep himself as a balance individual, being skilled in a number of different aspects. He is moderate with his axes but not exactly the best and knows a small amount of White Magic, right now only knowing Holy. He tries to help out other people when possible and personally blames himself when bad things happen to other people that he could have prevented.

Notes
-Keeps a journal that he writes in every night. Has a lock on it.
-His family provided the beast of burden to pull the wagon. Her name is Jian and he seems to have some sort of emotional connection to her.
-He knows how to fish, basic wilderness survival, first aid, navigation, carpentry, all of which he only has the most basic understanding, enough to get by in a regular situation. On the flipside he excels at cooking and has a library of folk tales in his head.
-Comes from a large family, 5 kids including him. He is the exact middle child which makes him fair and able to adapt to different situations.

SPECIAL (If you are a Clavat please mark where you put your extra points)
Strength: 8
Perception: 5
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 7
Luck: 5

Now I would ask of people who wish to join to post a similar character sheet and I will add them in a slot. Also please let me make the starting post because I know how I would like it to start. I'm going to hold off a little on starting until there are a few more people.

Edit: I am going to close the option to join in after May 24th. Due to the nature of the world introducing new characters will be nearly impossible.

Important: CHOCOBOS DO NOT EXIST IN THE CRYSTAL CHRONICLES WORLD! DO NOT ASK ME IF YOU CAN HAVE ONE!

Edit: I've thought about the spells and decided that this set makes the most sense. Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Cure, Holy, Gravity, Haste, Slow, Protect, Shell, Esuna. If anybody has comments about it PM me. For number of spells you get... I would say 1 spell for every 3 points of intelligence, plus 1 extra if you want to focus in spellcasting as opposed to just being able to. To say you want to focus in spellcasting, just put it as part of your fighting style. It's reasonable to assume though that somebody who has a weapon and magic isn't nearly as skilled at fighting as somebody using just a weapon style. This is in addition to just being better at spellcasting with higher intelligence. Also keep in mind these are the STARTING spells, if we deem it necessary later we can improve our characters a little. After all over an epic journey you are bound to get better at something.
Last edited by Kalvin on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
ctcmjh

Re: Crystal Chronicles: The Kessler Caravan OOC

Post by ctcmjh »

Here are my two characters, Kayle and Ellysia!

Name: Kayle Dresdin
Race: Clavat
Height: 5’ 10”
Fighting Style: Halberd
Family profession: Furrier (maker, mender and dealer of fur goods)

Appearance: Judging by his looks, Kayle would look like he’s homeless. His clothes are always lightly tattered and seemingly always dirty. This is because he doesn't care how he looks, and believes he's 'just going to get dirty again, so why bother?' He ties his long black hair back in a ponytail, and it reaches to the middle of his back. He wears a black long-sleeved shirt. Above that, he wears a brown coat. The coat is completely open, except a single button at the top. He also wears baggy black pants. He wears black shoes, with white socks. He has black gloves that he wears while fighting. His eyes are gray-blue.

Personality: Kayle is a very laid-back kinda guy. He would prefer to watch the world go by than to take part. He isn‘t lazy, because he will do his fair share of the work, but he would rather take a nap than work. He gets along with others easily, and makes many friends as he goes along. His carefree attitude can annoy others, especially during a serious moment. He even keeps his laidback attitude while fighting. He is very protective of his little sister, Ellysia, who he calls Ely.

Notes
-Loves nature, and often takes walks in the wilderness, whether it be a forest, a desert, or anything in between.
-Even though he loves nature, he also loves to hunt and is pretty good at it.
-He is utterly horrible at cooking and carpentry, but good first aid and survival knowledge, and is surprisingly good at sewing, hunting and fishing.
-Kayle has no brothers, and only one sister, Ellysia. He is very protective of her.
-Knows Haste

SPECIAL
Strength- 7 (+1)
Perception- 6
Endurance- 6 (+1)
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 4
Agility- 8 (+1)
Luck- 4

Name: Elyssia Dresdin
Height: 5’ 2”
Fighting Style: Staff/Magic
Family profession: Furrier (maker, mender and dealer of fur goods)

Appearance: Elyssia likes to take good care of her appearance. She has short black hair that reaches just past her shoulders. In it, there‘s a rose hairpin that she wears all the time. She wears a collared white buttoned blouse with short-sleeves, and a black skirt that reaches to her knees. She has black thigh-high boots, and black wrist-warmers. The skirt is tied in the back with a lace bow, and she has a black lace bow on the collar of her blouse, like a bowtie. She carries a black messenger bag with her.

Personality: Ellyssia is a very shy, very polite young girl. She is very timid, and isn’t very assertive. But when somebody makes her angry, her mood can shift very quickly. She is very gentle and hates direct violence. She is very compassionate, and empathetic with others, even her enemies.

Notes
-She has a Sweet Potato Ocarina, and she plays it very well.
-She mainly uses White Magic. She knows Cure, and Esuna. She also knows Blizzard and Thunder.
-She is good at sewing, drawing and cooking. She also knows a lot about wild plants, especially medicinal ones.
-Ellyssia has no sisters, and only one brother, Kayle.

SPECIAL
Strength- 3
Perception- 7 (+1)
Endurance- 4
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 9 (+1)
Agility- 6
Luck- 6 (+1)
Last edited by ctcmjh on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

whoa. The first thing i thought when i saw this was Complicated!

but that doesn't mean its not fun right? right?
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Do you want a spot? Y/N?
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Sure I'll join, now to come up with a character...
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Don't I get a spot? XD
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Just to clarify people, if you don't have a character posted by the time we leave in the caravan, which the way it's set up should be very soon in the RP, you will be discluded in the game. Just to remind everyone I am starting with the in character once we have all the slots filled with characters made, or on 5/24/2010, probably about noon.

To say again I specifically request the first post. I have it written out in Word and improving all the time as it goes longer. It will be epic.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Name: Steiner Retza
Height: 6'0
Fighting Style: Magic Lance
Family profession: Blacksmith

Appearance: Well built from the hardships in the smithy as well as the occasional trouble he puts himself into. Wears a chainmail covered by his daily smithing clothes along with leather leggings, boots and gloves.

Personality: Confident and sometimes brash which results in him running into tough situations. However, he became more independent due to those situations. Loyal to his friends and is willing to help them whenever possible.

Notes
-Magic:
Fire, used normally on his weapon to give that extra elemental damage.
Protect, for the obvious reasons.
-Good with smithing but not up to the renowned lilties' equipments and skill. Has a deep knowledge in wilderness survival skills as well as having basic hunting techniques.
-Carries around his smithing hammer where ever he goes.

Strength: 7 (+1)
Perception: 6 (+1)
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 3
Agility: 7 (+1)
Luck: 5

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Name: Mel Dook
Race: Selkie
Height: 5' 8"
Fighting Style: Long Range: Bows and daggers!
Family Profession: Merchants. Often times, Mel Dook's family would be found more than willing to trade and sell many numbers of rare items and supplies. While how they might acquire these items was largely a mystery, few complained, as their goods were always top quality and traded for fair prices. Which was vastly unusual for a Selkie family. Then again, Kessler is a small village.

Appearance: Mel Dook is a sleek and slender fellow, slightly more skinny than most Selkies, but still well built like most of his race. His eyes are a very light shade of brown, and his hair is long and white...but he usually keeps it tied back with a bandanna dyed dark green, as to keep it out of his face, and out of the way. The rest of his clothing, however, seems to have Selkie style with a tint of Clavat influence. Rather than his arms being exposed, normally baggy Clavat sleeves have been added and tightened, adorned with the usual Selkie fur style, and he also wears some Clavat like shorts, though they are hemmed to the point where they barely are visible under his long Selkie top-shirt. His skin tone is light.

Personality: Mel Dook was fairly odd for a Selkie, being compassionate towards most others, and rather diplomatic. More likely than not, this had to do with the fact that he grew up in a small village with Clavats for many of his friends, with little to no knowledge of the outside world, aside from what his parents told him. Despite all that, he remained rather aloof, and more preferred to be alone and individualistic. He often took up small chores, partly to help out, and partly because people wouldn't try to bother him while he was working. When he was part of a conversation, though, he was often very warm nice to listen to. You just had to bring up the right topic.

Other Notes
-One experiment in solitude became a great hobby: Archery.
-Occasional frustration with said hobby spawned a way for him to force his targets to stay still, or influence his shots: he studied Blizzard and Gravity spells.
-He's good at talking, and does like to help others, despite the stereotype of his race. He still remains aloof, however.
-His main reason for wanting to join the Caravan was to see the outside world like his parents did. He keeps a small notebook for observations, a log of events and people as he sees them.

S-P-E-C-I-A-L
4-6-4-7-6-7-5
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Dylan and Argent, still need characters from you. We're almost to the deadline.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Kalvin wrote:Dylan and Argent, still need characters from you. We're almost to the deadline.
...*SLAPS* Quit telling me while I have projects!
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Hmm.

4 Clavats, 1 Selkie...two empty slots...two without characters...

Kalvin, you might need to advertise a bit more in the IRC. It would probably be best if we get a full set of at least 8 characters, right?
Cthonion

Post by Cthonion »

Name: Symphoros Kala'an
Race: Yuke
Height: 5'3"
Fighting Style: Magic (Thunder, Protect, Haste, Cure)
Family profession: Librarian

Appearance: White fur covers his arms as the most defining characteristic about him, his armor is made of steel, and seems polished regularly as it shines. His armor is in the traditional Yuke style, and in a crowd with only just a couple of Yukes in it he would be near impossible to tell which he was.

Personality: A very personable individual, who enjoys being around other people and talking with them to learn what they know. Knowledge is important to him, and where he is he seeks out interesting books that may not be a part of his family's library so that he can give them a great gift when he gets back.

Notes
-Does not like metal utensils for eating, the sound of metal on metal bothers him.

Strength: 4
Perception: 4
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 4
Luck: 4
"You should join the military :3 That way instead of bombing military bases you can log them"
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Name: Aiden Moore
Race: Selkie
Height: 5'8"
Fighting Style: Throwing knives and short sword
Family Profession: Hunter

Appearance: Lean and well muscled. Aiden has light brown hair that is about shoulder length, and green eyes. He wears a brown shirt and leggings.

Personality: Aiden is easygoing and friendly (and I suck at personality descriptions)

SPECIAL
Str:4
Per:7
End:5
Cha:5
Int:5
Agi:8
Luc:5
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Well I've decided to just start the actual game. Anybody whose still interested we have about 4 more slots for players. You have until the caravan leaves town to have a character and first post up. You could have them running after it just as it's leaving or if you want to PM me I could work you in when we hit the first town. I am now moving on to make the first post in the game.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Name: Elian
Race: Yuke
Height: 6'4"
Fighting Style: magic.
Family Profession: Scholar

Appearance: Elian wears a pointed dark green helmet that covers his entire head, with feather that sticks out on the top. (real or fake is up for debate XD) along with some old Robes that are faded in color.

Personality: Most of the time he is quiet and will keep to himself until something exciting happens, where he can "show off" his magical abilities. He likes to support his friends at all costs at the best of his ability, and will give his advice to help with the situation as best as he can be. He is also knows hows to be a good tactician in battle, (however his flaw is showing off in battle.)

notes- knows slow, haste, thunder, blizzard

SPECIAL
Str:4
Per:5
End:4
Cha:5
Int:10
Agi:6
Luck:5
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Glad to see you can join us. btw, since you mainly use magic you can add 1 more spell.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Kalvin wrote:Glad to see you can join us. btw, since you mainly use magic you can add 1 more spell.
I still wasn't happy with taking time out of my project schedule. But...I think I'm gonna finish it by tonight. :3
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I sure hope that Dylan and I can combine our Thunder and Blizzard spells. Like, be able to cast Blizzara and Thundera by working together...otherwise, my spells are moot, since he's a caster, and I'm not. XD
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Guys, the IC has started, so anybody who wants to go ahead and post.

Edit: I have been corrected, there are chocobos in Crystal Chronicles but I still would like people to not give them to your characters. I have a plan for one later which... I'm not exactly sure how it's all going to work but it will come in as another character in and of itself. More details will be worked out.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Dang, Too late to sign up, I'm guessing.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Auzzo wrote:Dang, Too late to sign up, I'm guessing.
There, *was* one last slot. Talk to Kalvin in the IRC, and you might have a chance to join. We'll pick you up in another town or something.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Uhhh...
Whats the IRC?

Still new in the Forum..

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Info on the IRC is here:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 55&start=0

Also, posting of your interest here was a good thing to do also. If Kalvin sees it, he'll say something. (and he will soon, I think)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Auzzo wrote:Dang, Too late to sign up, I'm guessing.
I suppose it's not too late. If you post a character and have him running to catch up that would be fine.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Edit: Done!

Name: Sethar Dinlita (Seth-r) (Din-Light-a)
Height: 5'8
Fighting Style: Dual Daggers
Family Profession: Farmer

Appearence: With his Family Profession, He used to always wear a Cap, but after he turned 16, he hasn't wore one since. He has Silk Black hair thats not very long but it might need to be in a pony-tail if it continues to grow longer.
Other then that, He has Average Muscles.

Personality: He has a Positive Attitude almost always, but If he doesn't have a Positive Attitude, He barely speaks and if he does, It's in a low voice.

Notes:
- Because of his Connections and his Family, Is a so-so cook, knows how to make a Very Big Bonfire, and is a Very good Fisher
- Has alot of Connections in alot of Towns because of his Family always sends food to people
- Knows Fire and Cure
- Has 4 Siblings, he's the 2nd Oldest.

SPECIAL
Strength - 6
Perception - 5
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 2
Intelligence - 5 (1+)
Agility - 7 (1+)
Luck - 6 (1+)
(He's pretty much a Rogue, due to his SPECIAL points and his Fighting Style.)

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Well Auzzo, just post in the IC thread sometime.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I will join too ^_^ I've played Crystal Caravan and Echoes of Time

Name- Reno Wolfheart
Age- 15
Gender- Male
Race- Selkie
Height- 5'11''
Fighting Style- Greatsword
Family Job- Alchemist

Appearance- A wolven Selkie with long blue hair that is usually smooth, his eyes are two colors one blue and one green, and he wears a white ring his sister made for him

Personality- Kind ,Caring, and Energetic, willing to put his life on the line for his friends

Notes- Because of his family's job he is good a creating potions

His younger sister died from miasma

Knows Holy

SPECIAL-
S-7
P-4
E-5
C-5
I-5
A-7
L-6
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Okay, I guess we've got 2 people rushing to catch up now.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ummmm.... ^_^' Wheres the IC thread
Pet Friendly:
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Oh, cool! More players! I'd point out where the IC thread is, but you already found it.

Let's see...Kalvin's the GM, but, uh...WolvenPaw...
Kalvin wrote:I would say 1 spell for every 3 points of intelligence, plus 1 extra if you want to focus in spellcasting as opposed to just being able to.
You've got 5 int, and you don't specialize in magic. You've got one spell too many...and said spells are REALLY POWERFUL! Note what spells everyone else has, including those who main with magic. We probably aren't going to have powerful spells until later!

Of course, I'm just making an observation. You don't have to change anything until Kalvin comes and yells at you. XD
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Oh, nice spot on that Buck. And I'm just not even going to include Life because I doubt anybody will kill off their characters, even if they did they probably wouldn't want them to just be brought back for no reason.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I fixed it he knows Gravity is that ok?
Pet Friendly:
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:I fixed it he knows Gravity is that ok?
Gravity works, and I should discuss my own personal belief on Gravity, that it creates a singularity not a downward pushing force. If you all still want it to just push down that's cool but I always preferred my version cause you can do other cool stuff with it. While it doesn't damage it does pull nearby things into it. With my interpretations you can do all sorts of cool stuff. PM me for questions.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

It just moves things.... I think I'll stick with thunder then cause thunder does damage and has a chance to stun/paralyze and confuse
Pet Friendly:
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

That's it, too many people know thunder.

Can I change my thunder spell to gravity, please?

*puppy dog eyes*

P.S.: I'll post this weekend.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hmmm I've made my final choice I'm going to have Bio! Damage and Poison, its a good skill!

EDIT: Sorry I'm being indecisive. There are just so many good spells! Theres Bio, Gravity, Clear, Cure, Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Aero, Dark, Slow, Haste, Stop, and thats just the basics!
Pet Friendly:
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Well I limited the number of spells there are, listed in the first post. But as far as I'm concerned so long as you can think of an interesting way to use a spell it should work. For example you could throw a dagger and cast haste on it to make it break the speed of sound, or use thunder on an opponents weapon to try and get it to break.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

You gave a a interesting Idea.. :twisted: