PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well I use italics to represent thinking, and others enclose thoughts in <these things>
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well I use italics to represent thinking, and others enclose thoughts in <these things>
Same as Brent. Spoken stuff is usually in quotes. Don't know why that makes sense...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Keeshah wrote:An if there actually speaking aloud, vs just thinking.
No, that should probably be in color too....

Anyway, just made a few updates to the rules and info post at the beginning of this OOC: the character list was outdated, and I needed to write in the rules for YsF stuff.
I should get on to adding the new characters to there soon...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Keeshah wrote:An if there actually speaking aloud, vs just thinking.
No, that should probably be in color too....

Anyway, just made a few updates to the rules and info post at the beginning of this OOC: the character list was outdated, and I needed to write in the rules for YsF stuff.
I should get on to adding the new characters to there soon...

Trust me.. I AM the reason, people speak in color. :oops:

Because i couldn't tell spoken speech, from when they were just thinking it.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey guys,guess which character just made a first appearance in BsM?
Keeshah wrote:Trust me.. I AM the reason, people speak in color. :oops:
Yeah, but we're not using the exact rules that you wrote up in RV...
Because i couldn't tell spoken speech, from when they were just thinking it.
...Quotes vs italics.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
QuartzOrren wrote:Need someone to liven things up for ya?
Not really needed, alot of the slowdown is misunderstandings and people who are about to join from YsF (as far as I know). Go ahead and post a sheet if you want to join though...
metaecho wrote:Yeah, when will you guys do that? Ruins and Dungeons probably have lots of room for zuchinni-related mishaps.
By the way, is he ever coming back? I mean, if you're still around, there's still a ton of stuff you could do with him...
I could come back whenever I have some time on my hands, but as you can see, I dont visit often. I just dont know how to jump back into things :oops:

I'll be there wherever danger is :D
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

metaecho wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
metaecho wrote:Yeah, when will you guys do that? Ruins and Dungeons probably have lots of room for zuchinni-related mishaps.
By the way, is he ever coming back? I mean, if you're still around, there's still a ton of stuff you could do with him...
I could come back whenever I have some time on my hands, but as you can see, I dont visit often. I just dont know how to jump back into things :oops:

I'll be there wherever danger is :D
Would you mind if I helped by tossing some story in for him?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Oh boy! One of the characters has auditory hallucinations!

--------------------------------
Edit: it occurs to me that I had a forighn-language post which was untranslated.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:The beast chuckled back down at them, "Divertente che si può parlare così bella. Tuttavia, Quando è in una lingua diversa, i moderatori non possono leggere, questo dà uno come me il potere, non solo parlare come un autore, ma anche di rompere le regole sui contenuti. l'inconveniente principale, naturalmente, è che non ho idea di come parlare italiano, quindi questo probabilmente è completamente sbagliato." He grinned and chuckled again, "¡Ah linguistica, sono affascinanti!"
This is what he meant by that:
It's funny that you can speak so eloquently, however, when I speak in a different language the moderators can't read it, and this gives someone like me the power to speak, not just as an author, but also to break the rules about content. The main drawback, of course, is that I have no idea how to speak Italian, so what I'm saying is probably completely wrong.
Ah linguistics! they are so fascinating!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Tying someone up I see?
Rook

Post by Rook »

ATTENTION! HUMAN CHARACTER NPC INTRO!

Rockstar explained that we could introduce and control our own NPCs, so I thought we could spice things up a bit. I'm posting this now, so we can get an idea of who's for this introduction, and who's against it.

Name: Piper Bensky
Weight: 163 lbs.

Piper (real name Shaw), is an animal abduction agent who works for the Phenomenal Pet Pals Pharmaceutical corporation. Prior to arriving in Brookshire, Piper had been tracking the Tsar's before they managed to loose him in Salvation City. Piper has finally found them, and has received orders to take the two pets, and any other pets he manages to find.
Last edited by Rook on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

So, even though not much else is going on due to Simple Things, I see you're planning a very interesting arc. I feel like I should inject a character myself...

I have 2 things to note though:
1) if PPP know's they're there, they should really move to another city
2) if they find out too much now, that means you cut yourself off from them being ignorant later.

Also, make sure this arc is gonna be realistically long and interesting. You may want to look back at the kidnapping arc (labeled "A Sinister Shadow" in the archive at the beginning of this OOC) for some ideas. Another thing: don't take it too far, wait until the thread's a bit more active.

Now... I'm thinking of injecting Sid... With his fists and all that...
Rook

Post by Rook »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:So, even though not much else is going on due to Simple Things, I see you're planning a very interesting arc. I feel like I should inject a character myself...

I have 2 things to note though:
1) if PPP know's they're there, they should really move to another city
2) if they find out too much now, that means you cut yourself off from them being ignorant later.

Also, make sure this arc is gonna be realistically long and interesting. You may want to look back at the kidnapping arc (labeled "A Sinister Shadow" in the archive at the beginning of this OOC) for some ideas. Another thing: don't take it too far, wait until the thread's a bit more active.

Now... I'm thinking of injecting Sid... With his fists and all that...
1) Neither of the Tsars know that Piper is there. Plus, Piper is brand new. They've seen him, or heard of him before. When they lost "him" I meant they lost his van. They never saw the man in person.
*hint: I think the Tsars are done running, don't you? I mean, they've been to three different neighborhoods, and three different cities.*
2) Whose "they?" The other players? Gotcha.

Sid? Fists? Oh boy...

TheSilentChoice

Post by TheSilentChoice »

Therin Gurass

Yet another pet to add to the neighborhood and the spice of things. Thought I'd add more of a literature buff type pet in here. Less of a destroyer more of a talker and a party guy.

Active poster and whatnot. :ugeek:
Needless~ (By Me)
We laughed at him because he was different,
He laughed at us because we were the same,
We chided him for his mind,
He chided us for ours were all the same,
We will never laugh the same way again,
He will never laugh again.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Lawl, did you guys just knock out the wolf who was having a freakout, then start talking about abandoning him in an unfamiliar house to go see a concert? Seriously?
Rook wrote:1) Neither of the Tsars know that Piper is there. Plus, Piper is brand new. They've seen him, or heard of him before. When they lost "him" I meant they lost his van. They never saw the man in person.
*hint: I think the Tsars are done running, don't you? I mean, they've been to three different neighborhoods, and three different cities.*
Yes, but if you delay things a bit, then you have more time to play around with the situations as they exist. And now that Simple Things is FINALLY getting around to the YsF arc, you might want to get in on THAT instead, or maybe have this intrude upon it in some way.
Not the players, the characters. And all of them at that.
TheSilentChoice wrote:Therin Gurass
Yet another pet to add to the neighborhood and the spice of things. Thought I'd add more of a literature buff type pet in here. Less of a destroyer more of a talker and a party guy.
Hmm... I dunno... You understand that the setting is diverse, so he'll have to get involved with characters who are completely different right? Also, you might want to add a bit more information on him...
TheSilentChoice

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Lawl, did you guys just knock out the wolf who was having a freakout, then start talking about abandoning him in an unfamiliar house to go see a concert? Seriously?
Rook wrote:1) Neither of the Tsars know that Piper is there. Plus, Piper is brand new. They've seen him, or heard of him before. When they lost "him" I meant they lost his van. They never saw the man in person.
Yes, but if you delay things a bit, then you have more time to play around with the situations as they exist. And now that Simple Things is FINALLY getting around to the YsF arc, you might want to get in on THAT instead, or maybe have this intrude upon it in some way.
Not the players, the characters. And all of them at that.
TheSilentChoice wrote:Therin Gurass
Hmm... I dunno... You understand that the setting is diverse, so he'll have to get involved with characters who are completely different right? Also, you might want to add a bit more information on him...
Sure, the more different characters, the more fun. And usre, more info. NP
Last edited by TheSilentChoice on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Needless~ (By Me)
Rook

Post by Rook »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Yes, but if you delay things a bit, then you have more time to play around with the situations as they exist. And now that Simple Things is FINALLY getting around to the YsF arc, you might want to get in on THAT instead, or maybe have this intrude upon it in some way
Ooh! A new arc! I can let this one wait, I was just going to intro it to spice things up!
Can we just jump in whenever?

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well keep in mind that up to a certain point this other one has only a set number of players involve (we're currently in another city and a different timeline)
once we get to BsM from YsF, I'd say you can join whenever.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Rook

Post by Rook »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well keep in mind that up to a certain point this other one has only a set number of players involve (we're currently in another city and a different timeline)
once we get to BsM from YsF, I'd say you can join whenever.
Great! Sounds like funzeez!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Heylo! Mind if i join? If any vacant slots still exist?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

hello, new RPer here and id like to join your neighborhood (god mr rodgers comes to mind every time i think that..)

heres my sheet for Wulfbang. im not really sure what you mean by bringing something to the RP.. if were talking storywise, hes quite the lively and outgoing character. :3

im not quite sure about his family though.. ive had some ideas about what his "parents" should be like, but im not really stuck on anything yet. one idea is your stereotypical redneck (the cool stereotype, not the HUR-DUR type) who is or was a game hunter at some point. i figured it be interesting for a plot to develop with him being a suspect for the increase of illegal game hunting on the preserve.

or i could go the other direction and introduce a more reclusive parent who does nothing but play MMO's all day. it could give wulfbang an underlying need for attention because his parent doesnt give him enough. which also works out plot wise but in a more subtle way.

i suppose it all boils down to what the RP needs, what do you guys think? :3
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ack! I wrote this ad didn't hit submit!
Rook wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Yes, but if you delay things a bit, then you have more time to play around with the situations as they exist. And now that Simple Things is FINALLY getting around to the YsF arc, you might want to get in on THAT instead, or maybe have this intrude upon it in some way
Ooh! A new arc! I can let this one wait, I was just going to intro it to spice things up!
Can we just jump in whenever?
Yeah, this one's going to have characters from YsF, then bleed into BsM, and will have some of BsM's trademark wackiness. You might want to be aware of that before starting an arc which might demand a bit more interest...

Also, certain things to note as you bring information into play:
- Your own characters, and any characters around them, will have to react accordingly to the information they get as they get it
- Rikki is police, and might completely throw off an arc involving illegal activity if he learns about it
- Characters from YsF might be interesting to get involved, and you might consider waiting for them
- There's other crazy stuff going on in BsM, including the ancient-magical-civilization subplot, which is very slow going so far
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

CR4CK3RW0LF wrote:hello, new RPer here and id like to join your neighborhood (god mr rodgers comes to mind every time i think that..)

heres my sheet for Wulfbang. im not really sure what you mean by bringing something to the RP.. if were talking storywise, hes quite the lively and outgoing character. :3

im not quite sure about his family though.. ive had some ideas about what his "parents" should be like, but im not really stuck on anything yet. one idea is your stereotypical redneck (the cool stereotype, not the HUR-DUR type) who is or was a game hunter at some point. i figured it be interesting for a plot to develop with him being a suspect for the increase of illegal game hunting on the preserve.

or i could go the other direction and introduce a more reclusive parent who does nothing but play MMO's all day. it could give wulfbang an underlying need for attention because his parent doesnt give him enough. which also works out plot wise but in a more subtle way.

Mother of butt... More people want to join? I figured we'd see a resurgence at some point: BsM's always been on the tip of the active RPs, and the first to get new mem
Listen, are you sure you want to join this neighborhood? As soon as SimpleThings gets on the ball, there's gonna be alot more activity...

In the mean time, if you are interested, I'll go ahead and start looking over your sheet...
TheSilentChoice

I had always thought active rp was good rp. It kept people from twiddling their thumbs doing nothing waiting for a post to respond to if spare time happens across the path.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey SilentChoice, I looked closer at your sheet: the problem I'm seeing is that it's suggesting to me that there's a HUGE gap in his background that you haven't filled in. Like, what's with the elaborate collar, or how does he feel about Pura. You should think about that...

WhitePersonWolf, your character is fine so far, but I'd suggest a bit more elaboration before you start posting. You're free to join...

By the way guys, I'm curious what will happen if we just keep adding members, so I'm not paying attention to the count anymore...
TheSilentChoice

As far as the sheet goes....I thought I already put this in...but apparently I did not So...Yah I fixed that.

Therin Gurass

Hope this is what you are looking for. If not, :(
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

That was what I was looking at when I said that. It's not that it's a bad character sheet, and I'm ok with you joining if you're up to it and no one objects, but there's just not much information there. The information that IS there implies that there's alot more to be said, and I'm really curious about what you're going for here. Why don't you add a bit more about his background, or his underlying personality? Is he magical? Does he hate his "mom"? Where's he from anyway, Africa? You should really have that fleshed out before you start posting for him...
TheSilentChoice

RockstarRaccoon wrote:That was what I was looking at when I said that. It's not that it's a bad character sheet, and I'm ok with you joining if you're up to it and no one objects, but there's just not much information there. The information that IS there implies that there's alot more to be said, and I'm really curious about what you're going for here. Why don't you add a bit more about his background, or his underlying personality? Is he magical? Does he hate his "mom"? Where's he from anyway, Africa? You should really have that fleshed out before you start posting for him...
Good, I'm quite confident now that I stopped trying to keep it short and gave a bit of a flush out with Therin. It has been updated to what I believe is sufficient....but I think it should have been obvious that if he was in some way magical I would have included it. It didn't occur to me to include a little "non-magical dude". Still, the constructive criticism was nice to have.

I leave the grading of the bio up to you.

If you want me to rp with you, sweet. If not, oh well. There are always other places.

Final version:
Therin Gurass

((Just so you don't have to scroll around to find it.))
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

So, I was going to sit around and judge the waters for a while, but then Brent said, and I quote:
Brent wrote:technically it's in your neighborhood now. as GM, you can do whatever the heck you want
So, doing whatever the heck want, here's a new character sheet, who I'm going to change a bit in the time-shift arc:
Name - Butch Micheals
Species - Dog (Doberman)
Gender - Male
Age - 5 1/2 (about 19)

Appearance - Butch is a large, well built, Doberman showdog. He wears a tough looking leather collar, and his shiny black and brown coat is always well groomed.

Personality - Butch is a good bit spoiled, and tends to have a chip on his shoulder. He prides himself in his outward appearance of manliness, and tends to guard that image at the cost of his other interests.

Characteristics
Physical - Stron/Manly - Butch is competitive about his strong physique and appearance, and thus clearly gets alot of exercise.
Mental - Unwitty - Butch has an average level of intelligence, and COULD be smart, but he typically wastes what intelligence he does have.
Social - Jock - Butch prefers to let his muscles, face, and money do the talking, and gets mad at anyone who doesn't instantly accept him as the alpha male.
Special - Purebred Showdog - Butch is a purebred showdog, which gives him access to money, credentials, and prerferential treatment by some groups.

Strengths and Weaknesses
Strength: Butch is a strong, well built, exemplar specimen of his breed.
Weakness: Butch isn't too bright and doesn't utilize the intelligence he does have, and often tries to use brute force to get to the solution of the problem.
Strength: Butch is good looking, well funded, and has few restrictions applied by society due to his showdoggery.
Weakness: Butch is secretly a wimp and a bit of a coward when it comes to actually putting it on the line.
This character is not off limits to every horrible thing that has ever happened to Bino, Sid, Kytes, or any other mean-spirited character in HP or PF, and worse. In fact, I'd love to see this character get the Draco Malfoy treatment. Lawl...
Anyway, anyone with any concerns should bug me about them...

================================================================
NOW, back to my duties as GM...
TheSilentChoice wrote:Final version:
Therin Gurass
Now THAT'S a character sheet! Could use a bit of formatting, but it's good enough if you want to start posting. Go ahead and pick a color for his text, making sure it shows up among the black text and white background of the site...
TheSilentChoice

RockstarRaccoon wrote: NOW, back to my duties as GM...
TheSilentChoice wrote:Final version:
Therin Gurass
Now THAT'S a character sheet! Could use a bit of formatting, but it's good enough if you want to start posting. Go ahead and pick a color for his text, making sure it shows up among the black text and white background of the site...
I do believe this color would be the one I choose.
Fantastic. I'm glad you liked it. I tried to base it off the sheets of others but I guess I looked at the wrong ones.

I know where to post, but I still have to wait for 3 others to approve of my joining still, correct? I really don't want to step on any toes/paws/faces/looseorgans/appendages.

Thanks for approving me though. I look forward to rping in a Pet Friendly Universe.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

TheSilentChoice wrote:I know where to post, but I still have to wait for 3 others to approve of my joining still, correct?
NAW MAN! RULES ARE LAME!
RULEZORS IS FOR LOZORS!
RIP AND TEAR MAN! _RIP AND TEAR!
GO GO GO!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not to mention that you only need more than GM approval if there is a large enough number of active players.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
CR4CK3RW0LF wrote:hello, new RPer here and id like to join your neighborhood (god mr rodgers comes to mind every time i think that..)

Mother of butt... More people want to join? I figured we'd see a resurgence at some point: BsM's always been on the tip of the active RPs, and the first to get new mem
Listen, are you sure you want to join this neighborhood? As soon as SimpleThings gets on the ball, there's gonna be alot more activity...

In the mean time, if you are interested, I'll go ahead and start looking over your sheet...
heh.. sorry i took so long to respond to this, RL got busy and i had to push things aside. :P

honestly, if you dont have room for me, its ok. i just wanted to throw wulfbang into a story arc that wasnt his own and see how things would play out.

EDIT: ok only NOW did i start reading the rest of your posts.. but i still didnt get an answer about who his owner should be..
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

With a resigned sigh Pura put aside the current piece of their entertainment system and moved to the window with Mark, fitting herself to him in an embrace as she looked at Therin with a worried expression saying reassuringly to Mark. "Don't worry so much hun. He's always so friendly, I'm sure he won't have trouble making new friends."
Unless he meets Sid, who has violenced the last 2 pets he's run into... Actually, pretty much half of his first meetings so far have involved violent behavior... Most of the rest have involved illegal activities... I think I see a pattern.....
Kanashii Kanji

Post by Kanashii Kanji »

Hello, I was considering to join this role play, but i'm not sure if you're still accepting people.

If you don't like new members to the forum joining, I understand.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

nah, we welcome anyone who makes a good character sheet.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
TheSilentChoice

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
With a resigned sigh Pura put aside the current piece of their entertainment system and moved to the window with Mark, fitting herself to him in an embrace as she looked at Therin with a worried expression saying reassuringly to Mark. "Don't worry so much hun. He's always so friendly, I'm sure he won't have trouble making new friends."
Unless he meets Sid, who has violenced the last 2 pets he's run into... Actually, pretty much half of his first meetings so far have involved violent behavior... Most of the rest have involved illegal activities... I think I see a pattern.....

XDD Well won't that just suck. Glad to see someone is out there ready to ruin the hopes and dreams of some parents lol.
Needless~ (By Me)
Kanashii Kanji

Post by Kanashii Kanji »

Here's my Character Sheet.

Please let me know if I need to change anything, or if it doesn't fit.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Needs gender. You should look at my character sheet for Rikki to see what a detailed sheet looks like.
Other problem: the wolves in BsM so far have been wild. Wolves are very hard to keep as pets in reality, and the fact that they are uncommon as pets due to their independence in Housepets should tell you something about how rare that particular species would be as a pet. You'd better play that wolf really well, and make sure you act accordingly to that, otherwise consider a dog instead.

By the way, if that's your "fursona" or something, I generally discourage people from trying to RP with that sort of character in an HP setting without some level of adaptation...
Kanashii Kanji

Post by Kanashii Kanji »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Needs gender. You should look at my character sheet for Rikki to see what a detailed sheet looks like.
Other problem: the wolves in BsM so far have been wild. Wolves are very hard to keep as pets in reality, and the fact that they are uncommon as pets due to their independence in Housepets should tell you something about how rare that particular species would be as a pet. You'd better play that wolf really well, and make sure you act accordingly to that, otherwise consider a dog instead.

By the way, if that's your "fursona" or something, I generally discourage people from trying to RP with that sort of character in an HP setting without some level of adaptation...
I'll edit my character sheet, I suppose I should have blatantly said that Lorna was owner-less. And its not my fursona, I understand how that'd be a problem.

A feral wolf is alright?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Raccoon: keep in mind you're currently letting in two wolf pets through the YsF merger, so don't knock on pet wolves.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets