For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
ctcmjh

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by ctcmjh »

But I wanted to see Sasha glomp King... :cry:
It was a nice present though.

EDIT: All hail the page king!
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Ah yes. i guess they were typos since they're gone now.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Esquire Fox wrote:
ReCreate wrote:slow-motion pillow fight?
I call dibs on slomo pillow fight avatar. :P
You... you don't expect me to draw that do you?
*eyes suspiciously*
doitdoitdoitdoitdoit

:P
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Bino: Misunderstood, Insecure, and Loveable or Cruel, Heartless Jerk?

I'm inclined toward the former options, obviously. You shan't dissuade me from this position!

Additionally, anybody else touched that Sasha wanted to share the excitement of her new home (House? Whatever.) with Bino? *cuddles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Kind of, yeah....

I just hope that King doesn't feel insulted about her putting Bino's stuff into the doghouse he gave her....

Anyway, I'm going to assume that Bino's calling King her "latest boyfriend" is an assumption on his part, and not (shippers notwithstanding) that there's any truth to the matter.

EDIT: It occurs to me that King is the only one who actually got her something she NEEDED....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

ReCreate wrote:
Esquire Fox wrote:
ReCreate wrote:slow-motion pillow fight?
I call dibs on slomo pillow fight avatar. :P
You... you don't expect me to draw that do you?
*eyes suspiciously*
doitdoitdoitdoitdoit

:P
i would imagine it very hard, almost impossible to draw something that portrays slowmotion in only one frame of time reference.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:Bino: Misunderstood, Insecure, and Loveable or Cruel, Heartless Jerk?

I'm inclined toward the former options, obviously. You shan't dissuade me from this position!

Additionally, anybody else touched that Sasha wanted to share the excitement of her new home (House? Whatever.) with Bino? *cuddles*
I'm going to combine them a little Bino: an Insecure Loveable Jerk. I was also touched by it Bino needs it after the way he looked in the second panel.
ChewyChewy wrote:Kind of, yeah....

I just hope that King doesn't feel insulted about her putting Bino's stuff into the doghouse he gave her....

Anyway, I'm going to assume that Bino's calling King her "latest boyfriend" is an assumption on his part, and not (shippers notwithstanding) that there's any truth to the matter.
I agree its probably just an assumption on his part as much as I kind of want it to be true.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Typhon wrote:i would imagine it very hard, almost impossible to draw something that portrays slowmotion in only one frame of time reference.
If the pillows are limp, it's slow motion. If not, it's fast motion. :P
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

ChewyChewy wrote:Kind of, yeah....

EDIT: It occurs to me that King is the only one who actually got her something she NEEDED....
If King is even a little understanding, he won't mind that Sasha decorates her house with gifts from other pets.

I think Bino was just showing his insecurity. I've noticed that when I lash out, I make ridiculous accusations. (I don't lash out that much... anymore.)

I'm sure that King understands everyone needs their own space, sometimes. From what he knows of Sasha's dad (and based on his love of animals) it makes sense that he'd want to help her out by providing her a place to stay warm and dry when she's down.

IceKitsune wrote:I'm going to combine them a little Bino: an Insecure Loveable Jerk.
I can live with that.

No, no, I've never been described that way.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dissension wrote:If King is even a little understanding, he won't mind that Sasha decorates her house with gifts from other pets.

I think Bino was just showing his insecurity. I've noticed that when I lash out, I make ridiculous accusations. (I don't lash out that much... anymore.)

I'm sure that King understands everyone needs their own space, sometimes. From what he knows of Sasha's dad (and based on his love of animals) it makes sense that he'd want to help her out by providing her a place to stay warm and dry when she's down.
Other pets, sure--it's Bino in particular I'm not as sure about. Then again, maybe in the time he's had to spend with the other pets, he knows that Sasha is Bino's "sort-of" girlfriend, in which case it wouldn't bother him.... Plus if Bino isn't as negative toward King now as he was at Christmas, maybe the same goes for King as well....

I think he was, too.

Definitely. I think this is the second real "good deed" that we've seen him do (the first being staying with Sasha on Christmas Eve). That's a real step in the right direction. And he did this back in February.... Wonder how much more progress he's made since....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Typhon

Post by Typhon »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Typhon wrote:i would imagine it very hard, almost impossible to draw something that portrays slowmotion in only one frame of time reference.
If the pillows are limp, it's slow motion. If not, it's fast motion. :P
or they could be swinging it so hard it bends around so it looks limp.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Dissension wrote:If King is even a little understanding, he won't mind that Sasha decorates her house with gifts from other pets.

Other pets, sure--it's Bino in particular I'm not as sure about. Then again, maybe in the time he's had to spend with the other pets, he knows that Sasha is Bino's "sort-of" girlfriend, in which case it wouldn't bother him.... Plus if Bino isn't as negative toward King now as he was at Christmas, maybe the same goes for King as well....

I think he was, too.

Definitely. I think this is the second real "good deed" that we've seen him do (the first being staying with Sasha on Christmas Eve). That's a real step in the right direction. And he did this back in February.... Wonder how much more progress he's made since....
I don't think King would say anything about it because he obviously wants Sasha to be happy and safe and I think he would understand that stuff from Bino (and the rest of the neighborhood) makes her happy so even if he hates Bino he would care more about her happiness then his hate for Bino and wouldn't care about it.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ah, right, I forgot about the Catnip Incident (though I was just talking about it in an AIM chat... *blushes at my bad memory*). King might think Bino's a jerk, but I doubt "hate" is the right word to describe his strength of feeling.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

IceKitsune wrote:I don't think King would say anything about it because he obviously wants Sasha to be happy and safe and I think he would understand that stuff from Bino (and the rest of the neighborhood) makes her happy so even if he hates Bino he would care more about her happiness then his hate for Bino and wouldn't care about it.
That's why I say it's a big step for King. Other than the time he stayed with her all night we haven't really seen him do anything GOOD until now, as Joel or as King. Even staying with Sasha on Christmas Eve might be construed (at least I take it that he himself thought this) as being somewhat selfish, as he was trying to make himself learn empathy in hopes of a greater awareness (and possible reward of his human self back), though he didn't achieve it just then.

For the most part he's kind of been a "poor me" type, trying to be nice to animals but getting angry and yelling at them when they aren't being nice back to him. This was a very unselfish deed on King's part--hence it's a big step in the right direction for him.
PF chars

--Phoenix

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:Ah, right, I forgot about the Catnip Incident (though I was just talking about it in an AIM chat... *blushes at my bad memory*). King might think Bino's a jerk, but I doubt "hate" is the right word to describe his strength of feeling.
You might be right it might be a little strong since the Catnip Incident was in December and its now May Kings feelings might have cooled down.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I don't think King would say anything about it because he obviously wants Sasha to be happy and safe and I think he would understand that stuff from Bino (and the rest of the neighborhood) makes her happy so even if he hates Bino he would care more about her happiness then his hate for Bino and wouldn't care about it.
That's why I say it's a big step for King. Other than the time he stayed with her all night we haven't really seen him do anything GOOD until now, as Joel or as King. Even staying with Sasha on Christmas Eve might be construed (at least I take it that he himself thought this) as being somewhat selfish, as he was trying to make himself learn empathy in hopes of a greater awareness (and possible reward of his human self back), though he didn't achieve it just then.

For the most part he's kind of been a "poor me" type, trying to be nice to animals but getting angry and yelling at them when they aren't being nice back to him. This was a very unselfish deed on King's part--hence it's a big step in the right direction for him.
I have to disagree with you about the Christmas Eve thing. I don't think he cared about using that to turn himself back into human until Pete showed up. And really even then he still told Pete to go away at first. He stayed with Sasha on Christmas Eve because he felt sorry for her. But yes this was a very good step in the right direction for King.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

IceKitsune wrote:I have to disagree with you about the Christmas Eve thing. I don't think he cared about using that to turn himself back into human until Pete showed up. And really even then he still told Pete to go away at first. He stayed with Sasha on Christmas Eve because he felt sorry for her. But yes this was a very good step in the right direction for King.
I don't say his reasons were entirely selfish, or even primarily so--just considering the possibility based on his words.

And he didn't tell Pete to go away, he said, "Cram it, you old bird."
PF chars

--Phoenix

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I have to disagree with you about the Christmas Eve thing. I don't think he cared about using that to turn himself back into human until Pete showed up. And really even then he still told Pete to go away at first. He stayed with Sasha on Christmas Eve because he felt sorry for her. But yes this was a very good step in the right direction for King.
I don't say his reasons were entirely selfish, or even primarily so--just considering the possibility based on his words.

And he didn't tell Pete to go away, he said, "Cram it, you old bird."
Still the point is he didn't want Pete around at that the time he may not have said for him to go away but IMO the intention was the same.

Edit: Also did anyone else read the Alt Text in Zapp Brannigan's voice or was that just me?
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I can't think of a better thing King could have gotten her, it's perfect for when she gets locked out of the house again.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Alex

Post by Alex »

I agree with Kyderra. And man, this comic was funny. It seems like Sasha still likes Bino the most.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

valerio

Post by valerio »

the best thing about this present is that King has worked his butt off to make it on time, meaning that he kept on caring for Sasha since that fated christmas.
And the fact that he made this gift for Valentine also implies some deeper feelings for her... YAY!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

valerio wrote:the best thing about this present is that King has worked his butt off to make it on time, meaning that he kept on caring for Sasha since that fated christmas.
And the fact that he made this gift for Valentine also implies some deeper feelings for her... YAY!
he seems to feels responsible for her safety and wellbeing.
*cough* "new owner" *cough*
valerio

Post by valerio »

I have absolutely nothing against the 'new owner' development (though I'm still rooting for doggie romance), but it's likely that, should it come to a confontation, King will kick Bino's butt into taking some responsibility toward Sasha himself instead of keeping that absurd on/off relationship.
This arc is great! Can't wait to see what 'meaningful' deed will do Sasha...
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

valerio wrote:meaningful' deed will Sasha do....
erm, er... ermmmmm ..
*thinking not much*
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Alex wrote:I agree with Kyderra. And man, this comic was funny. It seems like Sasha still likes Bino the most.
I think she only likes Bino, because she still hasn’t realized how mean Bino really is to others, especially King and Peanut. And if she were to see how she treats them (especially King) her attitude toward him would probably change very fast, but then again she is pretty dense. But I think she would realize King cares more about her then Bino, with it be as friends or something else...
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
valerio

Post by valerio »

it only takes time, and we know how the teaser Rick can be...
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

valerio wrote:it only takes time, and we know how the teaser Rick can be...
Ya and how he loves to twist are arms at the last second, with an unexpected twist. That always shocks us, and in a 24 hours we have commented on it and gone through 5 or 6 pages for the current comic.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Slow motion pillow fight. Lol. *Calls Peanut* But anyways, King giving Sasha a dog house could had been related to the Christmas arc when he stay with her all night, just out of the kindness of his heart. Looks like the jealously side of Bino is showing again.
arcict

Post by arcict »

Well, that kinda explains itself really (relative to my previous question).

I'm gonna try to piece together what I think happende from King's POV...

King gets a doghouse,

King feels degraded for having to have such a thing,

King decides to give dog house away so he doesn't have to use it himself,

King thinks that nobody would accept it without adding a few "ammenities(SP?)",

King adds a bunch of cushy stuff to it,

King "gives" it to Sasha, more to get it away from himself then to give it to anybody in particular,

Sasha loves it... obviously

There might have been a point where there was some time spent thinking "how can I get rid of this"/"who can I give this to" and then Valentines day shows up and he gets an opportunity.

I like Rick's general forum attitude. Some of the forums I attend/lurk around the "author" is mean. Being a tease is something of a model for me. I hope to have my own webcomic(s) and forum someday and I hope to be able to keep a good "I'm gonna tease/mess with your heads today" kinda attitude.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

arcict wrote:Well, that kinda explains itself really (relative to my previous question).

I'm gonna try to piece together what I think happende from King's POV...

King gets a doghouse,

King feels degraded for having to have such a thing,

King decides to give dog house away so he doesn't have to use it himself,

King thinks that nobody would accept it without adding a few "ammenities(SP?)",

King adds a bunch of cushy stuff to it,

King "gives" it to Sasha, more to get it away from himself then to give it to anybody in particular,

Sasha loves it... obviously
...Except Sasha clearly explains how King scavenged all the supplies and built it for her. He got the doghouse from another dog that was disposing of it, then went to a scrapyard to get insulation, then added a heater to it. The heater and such is a reference to the incident on Christmas.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

valerio wrote:the best thing about this present is that King has worked his butt off to make it on time, meaning that he kept on caring for Sasha since that fated christmas.
Or it could just mean that it took him that long to finish everything--1 1/2 months, and so since Valentine's Day was coming up by the time he finished, he gave it to her for Valentine's Day. I still remember King's Valentine's Day card....
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

BinoXSasha...there, I've said it...For argument's sake, Sasha seems more then happy with Bino and he seems happy with her. Sure Bino's a jerk, but nobodies perfect...only problem being how Bino didn't trust Sasha as much when she started talking about the present. They aren't in love...but a nice lil' relationship.

Sure, one could argue that Sasha doesn't know how Bino treats other dogs...no offence...but really? She is in the good ol' dogs club (as seen here) so anything that has gone on there she has more then likely known about. I'm sure word came across about Bino's prank on King as well. She's a lil' dense, but not too dense to not realise Bino's attitude for so long!

OK, so ignoring the above, the fact that King put effort into building it means he cares even more, right? (What's better? A self-made card or one you've bought at the store.)
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Buckdida wrote: ...Except Sasha clearly explains how King scavenged all the supplies and built it for her. He got the doghouse from another dog that was disposing of it, then went to a scrapyard to get insulation, then added a heater to it. The heater and such is a reference to the incident on Christmas.
Agreed and it was in this comic strip.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Unrelated but whatever: I've got an idea of what King and Sasha's song would be if they were actually in love. Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" seems to describe their relationship pretty well. Video and lyrics.

And if this makes no sense, it's because I'm really quite tired and should probably be asleep.

I really am tired...thanks Zander.
Last edited by Bolly on Wed May 19, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zander

Post by Zander »

bollythewolf wrote:Unrelated but whatever: I've got an idea of what King and Sasha's song would be if they were actually in love. Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" seems to describe their relationship pretty well. Video and http://www.eltonography.com/songs/can_you_feel_the_love_tonight.html

And if this makes no sense, it's because I'm really quite tired and should probably be asleep.

it would be lyrics.[/url]
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

bollythewolf wrote:Unrelated but whatever: I've got an idea of what King and Sasha's song would be if they were actually in love. Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" seems to describe their relationship pretty well. Video and lyrics.

Thanks a lot Bolly now I have that song stuck in my head. Luckily I like it. :P
Edit: worded it a little better
Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed May 19, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

IceKitsune wrote:
bollythewolf wrote:Unrelated but whatever: I've got an idea of what King and Sasha's song would be if they were actually in love. Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" seems to describe their relationship pretty well. Video and lyrics.

Thanks a lot Bolly now I have that song stuck in my head. Your lucky I like it. :P
But do you sorta get the lyric thing I'm getting at? "It's enough to make kings and vagabonds"...COME ON.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

bollythewolf wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:

Thanks a lot Bolly now I have that song stuck in my head. Your lucky I like it. :P
But do you sorta get the lyric thing I'm getting at? "It's enough to make kings and vagabonds"...COME ON.
Yes I did get it. It really does work.
arcict

Post by arcict »

Barkeron wrote:
Buckdida wrote: ...Except Sasha clearly explains how King scavenged all the supplies and built it for her. He got the doghouse from another dog that was disposing of it, then went to a scrapyard to get insulation, then added a heater to it. The heater and such is a reference to the incident on Christmas.

Bah, I cannot be bothered listening to cannon as I am much too busy reading only what I want to read and/or what makes sense to me. ;)
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

arcict wrote:
Barkeron wrote:

Bah, I cannot be bothered listening to cannon as I am much too busy reading only what I want to read and/or what makes sense to me. ;)
Bad habit.

Also, I see what you did there.