Arc 51: Show Business

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
RootsofOrigin

Re: Arc 51: Show Business

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Erikuto wrote:I honestly don't think Dutchess and Bino would be a good couple since they're both so...Mean...
Yeah that's obvious. It's a shipping disaster.
Erikuto wrote:And Bino is attracted to her because she said for him to stick his head in a furnace......

Well i guess that's what love does to you.
It makes you stick your head in a furnace.
Athodyd

Post by Athodyd »

As long as it speeds up the process of Sasha dumping him for good.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Boris and Yeltsin are just bodyguards, I believe.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

When I think of the possibility of Bino and Dutchess hooking up I think of the "Axe Chaos Commercial" because that's what would happen.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Athodyd wrote:As long as it speeds up the process of Sasha dumping him for good.
second this
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Why do people always want Sasha to dump Bino? Yes, he doesn't exactly treat her that great, but she goes off and has dates with his brother. She doesn't treat him that well either. I say that the level of faithfulness she gives him is deserving of the level of attention he gives her. If anything, it should be a mutual break up.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Finally! Someone Who see this my Way!

Thanks Brent! Your Doom will be Painless~
Athodyd

Post by Athodyd »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I say that the level of faithfulness she gives him is deserving of the level of attention he gives her.
Sorry, language barrier, I have a bit trouble parsing this sentence. Do you say she deserves being treated like that because she's unfaithful?

I think it's the other way round. Sasha behaves this way to get away from an utter jerk, but returns because she keeps seeing that certain something in him that made her warm up to him in the first place.

For example, in RL it's heteronormative to say that a woman should always stick to her One True Love, no matter how wretched or abusive the relationship is and that she shouldn't unilaterally let go of him, as if women are property and need the extra permission of their owners. It's similar here, why should Sasha need consent to cut off the lacking part of her life? And how can she be unfaithful if it's the equivalent of a teen open relationship and nothing hard like a marriage?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think he means basically the same thing. Bino isn't good to Sasha and Sasha isn't good to Bino; they kind of deserve the others' wrongdoing. That isn't to say Sasha has no right to break up with him.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

The point is that even if Sasha cheated on Bino to "get away from a jerk" (which there is no evidence of in the comic; she seems to only cheat on him because Fido is bigger, stronger, and more attractive), she's still not being fair to Bino by ditching him every time she sees an opportunity to be with Fido.

In addition to the fact that she's aggravating Bino's inferiority complex by doing this, hence turning him to be more of a jerk, the fact that she just comes back when it doesn't work out with Fido and acts as if nothing happened shows pretty clearly (to some of us, anyway) that Sasha is being no better in their relationship than Bino.

So if they do end up breaking up, it should be a mutual thing. It won't be any more Bino's fault than it is Sasha's fault.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I mean that overall, it isn't that great a relationship for both parties here, so even if Sasha initiated the breakup, I see the phrase "dump" to mean that one party breaks it off and the other is worse off without the relationship. Bino could find someone more faithful and Sasha could find someone less of a jerk. They'd both be better if the relationship were ended.

My first girlfriend broke up with me, but we barely ever talked and when we did it was filled with awkward silences. I didn't see it as her dumping me so much as it was that we were both better off going our separate ways. That's the way I see Sasha and Bino's relationship.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

heh, i love the emotional shift from the first panel to the second.

1st panel Bino - "Oh goodness, a fair maiden lying sprawled and concussed over my owner's tools, maybe she fainted with the cold, perhaps the best thing would be to bring her inside, preheat a blanket for her and see if she remembers her owner, and if not i could get my brother on the phone and wait with accommodating patience while he pours over some database for lost dogs. I'd be a real hero"

2nd panel Bino - "HEY! CLEAR OUT YA BUM!"
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I see the first panel as more like "what the...?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

It's hard to judge, to me it looks like there's a slight bit of concern on his face. we don't know if he even knows Duchess is Sasha's friend but from his reaction it's more likely they've never met.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Wow...I haven't thought at that angle...
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Athodyd

Post by Athodyd »

KJOokami wrote:The point is that even if Sasha cheated on Bino to "get away from a jerk" (which there is no evidence of in the comic; she seems to only cheat on him because Fido is bigger, stronger, and more attractive), she's still not being fair to Bino by ditching him every time she sees an opportunity to be with Fido.
After reading this strip I was under the impression there was more to her, that she had certain conditions Bino has to live up to and if he doesn't, she's off. If I think about it, maybe she's even actively trying to shape him into a better person/boyfriend?

She doesn't really flirt in all directions, either, just goes a bit over board with expressing her gratitude.
JohnWillow wrote:we don't know if he even knows Duchess is Sasha's friend
Was this confirmed? The talk in the salon left their relation ambiguous for me.