PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ChewyChewy

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by ChewyChewy »

At this point it would make more sense for Beta to tell the Cake sisters about the car crash, rather than to apologize for what he said earlier.... I still don't understand the point....

EDIT: I agree with Zack, no animal control incidents please. The melodrama is already excessive here.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

I'm kinda iffy about the car crash thing-- I don't think Beta needed to further show he has his heart in the right place, since the only people that really doubt him tryign to apologize are the ones he's going to see, that won't know anything about this. But if it HAS to happen, I vote the option that doesn't bring police and paramedics onto the scene. ... Especially to report a crash involving dogs and a wolf in the middle of the road. :-/
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Oh I'm planning something alright...if Zack can mind wipe then I've got a trick up my sleeve as well. Involving Alpha's tag.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:I'm kinda iffy about the car crash thing-- I don't think Beta needed to further show he has his heart in the right place, since the only people that really doubt him tryign to apologize are the ones he's going to see, that won't know anything about this. But if it HAS to happen, I vote the option that doesn't bring police and paramedics onto the scene. ... Especially to report a crash involving dogs and a wolf in the middle of the road. :-/
THANK you, yes, I agree with this. Honey and Vanilla aren't anywhere nearby, remember? Vanilla's crying on her stoop and Honey's hugging her.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

Zack_the_husky wrote:Yeah.......Zander, you mind if I have Zack mind wipe the whole thing from the old lady's memory, so we don't have animal control incidents in OUR neighborhood too...?
Go ahead, i cant control you, thats what roleplaying is for :3
(aka whatever will make you happy.)

EDIT: Read the new post, animal is no longer comeing. :D
Last edited by Zander on Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

KAY SO what happened??
I'm really confused... I leave for a day of classes and there three new pages...
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Drake: Zack, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THE CRAZINESS LEVEL?!

Zack: IT'S OVER 9,000!

Drake: WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Lol so true, Zack.
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zack_the_husky wrote:Drake: Zack, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THE CRAZINESS LEVEL?!

Zack: IT'S OVER 9,000!

Drake: WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!
please don't I'm arleady lost....
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Beta and me cry about our past,
Beta loses his tag,
Vanilla finds it, and gives it back to him with a smart remark,
Beta threatens to slap her, But doesnt mean to.
they run after each other,
Beta almost faints in the middle of the road,
he is revived with water,
he tackles zack out of the street from a cars path,
the car crashes,
the lady drops the phone so she cant call 911,
Beta runs back into the park to meet up with Vanilla.

and thats where we are, hope i explained it well :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Okay, no more posts from me tonight. I need sleep and I need it now.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I hope we can stop all this drama--I joined this RPG to have fun, and I've been having very little fun since I joined.... I very much doubt that what's been going on in the RPG would be in the Housepets! comic itself.... :(

A little action? Okay.
A little drama? Okay.
This is way too much, and I don't want to have to leave rather than improve it.... :(
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

I'm an idiot. OK?

We'll leave it at that. Let's all try and calm things down, me included.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

It's night time where you are?
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

pretty much midnight now.

So basically, go ahead and do stuff but don't expect me to respond for several hours.
Zander

Post by Zander »

[ i dont know if you care or not, but i drew Lucky again. :3]
This was when he was younger, about a year ago.
http://i45.tinypic.com/3009ugh.jpg

beware: size.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I guess it hasn't been long enough for a timeskip, has it...?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

maybe we should all go back to our houses, and skip to the next day, which is when my cousin is coming back. :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Not yet, please.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Ok, we were just talking about it.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

I'm bringing in Icee, ok? So, not yet. I can only use her for one arc, then I have to wait for the arc after the next to use a guest character again.
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Tue May 18, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Ok.
wait... one word posts...
Im curious to see what the arc will be about :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Zack_the_husky wrote:I'm bringing in Icee, ok? So, not yet. I can only use her for one arc, then I have to wait for the arc after the next to use a guest character again.
Not to mention the other pets in the neighborhood, still out and about-- not ALL of them got involved in the last escapade. ... Even though I admit it's kind of hard to remember who didn't, in one way or another. xD
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Well, if Chewy doesn't reply to my PM in the next few minutes, I guess I'll just edit and find something else for Icee to do.
The Game

Post by The Game »

.....Can't.....keep.....up! I take a measly little nap and y'all go crazy! What's goin' on, im a bit groggy and dont wann read
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Stuff happened, ok?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Okay! At what point do you guys need to get to, to realize that something might be a bad idea?

Betawoof, that was a bit too much. In one single arc, you've managed to cause just as much, if not more, drama than ever before. I realize you're new, but that was somewhat unnecessary, IMO. Pacing! Space it out!

You had him cry, threaten another pet, get possessed, drive other pets to tears, and had him fluctuate his personality in 3 different directions. Helpful and friendly, to unstable and emotional, to stubborn and determined, with little to no reason. It happened in a finger snap. EVERYONE had to drop whatever they were doing and react to Beta. I'll admit that I was guilty of the same thing once, but my character is in fact insane, or at least, was. I've been slowly changing that as the other RP'ers complained that this type of situation wasn't fun for them. Something tells me that Chewy's characters are very, very close to moving.

And...adding a car crash (I know that wasn't Beta, though) on top of that...that was just...really? On top of everything already, REALLY? The drama levels were already epic. Why was even more needed?

With the amount that happened, the stories' direction was being pulled in a random direction so quickly that it was confusing, and very, very hard to read and understand.

And haven't we told you all before to slow down? Jeez, you've generated 80 posts, probably more than that since I last checked. Why don't you wait up for the others. A little? Maybe? Haven't you already learned your lesson from Jack quitting do to the insanity speed the RP was going at?

Not only THAT, but when you, the player, are unhappy with how someone is acting, you CAN speak up and talk to them, or contact Dylan to get things resolved. Remember the fact that there is ALWAYS a player behind the character...someone who's in control. Mostly in control, anyway...

(Note: This post is filled with opinion.)
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As the neighborhood watchman, I'm sorry I was unable to catch this. I had school. I didn't even bother reading the massive three pages of posts, and I merely read all of your summaries of what happened. I am in a slightly bad mood already, so I won't be my normal, happy self. This is angry ctcmjh.

But seriously guys! I mean COME ON!!!!!!!! :x You generated three more pages of nothing but drama, leaving Athlon, the Game and I out of it completely. Then you talk about a timeskip? Please give others time to react. You're moving much to fast. I was actually trying to put a halt on the magic. I wanted RG to do a complete 180, and actually become Pet Friendly. But it's not. It just isn't pet friendly.

Beta, you are a fine roleplayer, but you're taking this much too fast. Slow down a little bit.

And Zack, I know you were meaning well by erasing the old woman's memory, but you have forgotten that Zack's powers were sealed. All he should have left is telepathy, mental projection, and minor mind reading.

EDIT: This is so different from the comic strip, that it's not even a Housepets! roleplay anymore. It's an "anthropomorphic pets who use magic and are unstable" roleplay.

I'm slightly tempted to have the Rozens move away to Richmont Acres. I know that 'in character' it'll break both of their hearts, as well as Jackson's and Winter's, so I won't move.
Last edited by ctcmjh on Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Isn't that power at telepathically RELATED? Come on, just give me a break, alright? It was for a good cause. Anyway, I guess we could slow down some tonight.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Zack_the_husky wrote:Isn't that power at telepathically RELATED? Come on, just give me a break, alright? It was for a good cause. Anyway, I guess we could slow down some tonight.
I still think you did a good thing, even though i started the car crash, i stopped the drama by 50% just making her trip and drop the phone, so she wouldnt call animal controll which would have cause MASSIVE drama.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

It's as much telepathy related as mind-control is. IMO. By telepathy, I meant telepathy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepathy.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Can we please just drop this?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:EDIT: This is so different from the comic strip, that it's not even a Housepets! roleplay anymore. It's an "anthropomorphic pets who use magic and are unstable" roleplay.

I'm slightly tempted to have the Rozens move away to Richmont Acres. I know that 'in character' it'll break both of their hearts, as well as Jackson's and Winter's, so I won't move.
I feel the same way. :( I'm slightly tempted to have my characters move too, as Buckdida said, although I don't want them to.... Plus I don't know how much good it would accomplish since I'm not entirely confident that the same thing won't happen in the new neighborhood....

But you're right. I came to this expecting and wanting a Housepets! style RPG, and I've seen almost nothing of that in this neighborhood, and I can't even understand why that is....

I only apologize for my own part in contributing to the mess. My only excuse is that I was reacting, but that's no excuse because I could have just said "I don't like this, and I don't want to participate in it" BEFORE it got way out of hand.... I didn't have to go along with it.

I never wanted this, though--I wanted Vanilla to COME OUT of her shell, not be forcibly driven deeper inside....
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

You are right. We should drop this. But give me time to read the rest of the posts. I'm halfway done.

And Chewy, I don't know about you, but I'm going to try to make this more 'Pet Friendly.' I'm half tempted to make Morrigan go Pete on all the pets and tone down the magic a lot by force. But I don't think anyone would like that. So I'll just make Max and Liz act like Housepets pets, and hope others follow suit.
Zander

Post by Zander »

ctcmjh wrote:You are right. We should drop this. But give me time to read the rest of the posts. I'm halfway done.

And Chewy, I don't know about you, but I'm going to try to make this more 'Pet Friendly.' I'm half tempted to make Morrigan go Pete on all the pets and tone down the magic a lot by force. But I don't think anyone would like that. So I'll just make Max and Liz act like Housepets pets, and hope others follow suit.
I wouldn't mind the "no magic" deal, my character doesn't even know about magic.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Yeah, magic should only be used sparingly...and even then, it should be used funnily and Tarot-like.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:You are right. We should drop this. But give me time to read the rest of the posts. I'm halfway done.

Thank you.

I haven't had Vanilla use her mind-reading powers (I shouldn't have gone along with THAT--that was sheer bunnying of my character! :P ) since I found out from someone else that she had them at all.... I've been trying to have her and Honey act normal, and BE normal.... I intend to continue with that--and I'm proud of Vanilla for how she's been with Sebastian. That was progress.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

I apologize for whatever stupidity I've done so far in the neighborhood, alright?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Buckdida wrote:Yeah, magic should only be used sparingly...and even then, it should be used funnily and Tarot-like.
Zack_the_husky wrote:I apologize for whatever stupidity I've done so far in the neighborhood, alright?
Same.

Btw: Roleplaying/Fanfiction has 33 more posts until 10,000

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Zander wrote:
Buckdida wrote:Yeah, magic should only be used sparingly...and even then, it should be used funnily and Tarot-like.
Precisely.