Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Arc 51: Show Business 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 284
Location: The Spot (not Superdog)
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Erikuto wrote:
I honestly don't think Dutchess and Bino would be a good couple since they're both so...Mean...

Yeah that's obvious. It's a shipping disaster.
Erikuto wrote:
And Bino is attracted to her because she said for him to stick his head in a furnace......

Well i guess that's what love does to you.

It makes you stick your head in a furnace.


Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Bottom of a gravity well
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
As long as it speeds up the process of Sasha dumping him for good.


Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:41 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15643
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Boris and Yeltsin are just bodyguards, I believe.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 434
Location: United States, Illinois.
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
When I think of the possibility of Bino and Dutchess hooking up I think of the "Axe Chaos Commercial" because that's what would happen.

_________________
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

Xbox Live Gamertag: Cerberusx32

Image
Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Athodyd wrote:
As long as it speeds up the process of Sasha dumping him for good.

second this

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17264
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Why do people always want Sasha to dump Bino? Yes, he doesn't exactly treat her that great, but she goes off and has dates with his brother. She doesn't treat him that well either. I say that the level of faithfulness she gives him is deserving of the level of attention he gives her. If anything, it should be a mutual break up.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:31 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 466
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Finally! Someone Who see this my Way!

Thanks Brent! Your Doom will be Painless~

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Bottom of a gravity well
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
I say that the level of faithfulness she gives him is deserving of the level of attention he gives her.

Sorry, language barrier, I have a bit trouble parsing this sentence. Do you say she deserves being treated like that because she's unfaithful?

I think it's the other way round. Sasha behaves this way to get away from an utter jerk, but returns because she keeps seeing that certain something in him that made her warm up to him in the first place.

For example, in RL it's heteronormative to say that a woman should always stick to her One True Love, no matter how wretched or abusive the relationship is and that she shouldn't unilaterally let go of him, as if women are property and need the extra permission of their owners. It's similar here, why should Sasha need consent to cut off the lacking part of her life? And how can she be unfaithful if it's the equivalent of a teen open relationship and nothing hard like a marriage?


Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15643
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
I think he means basically the same thing. Bino isn't good to Sasha and Sasha isn't good to Bino; they kind of deserve the others' wrongdoing. That isn't to say Sasha has no right to break up with him.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
The point is that even if Sasha cheated on Bino to "get away from a jerk" (which there is no evidence of in the comic; she seems to only cheat on him because Fido is bigger, stronger, and more attractive), she's still not being fair to Bino by ditching him every time she sees an opportunity to be with Fido.

In addition to the fact that she's aggravating Bino's inferiority complex by doing this, hence turning him to be more of a jerk, the fact that she just comes back when it doesn't work out with Fido and acts as if nothing happened shows pretty clearly (to some of us, anyway) that Sasha is being no better in their relationship than Bino.

So if they do end up breaking up, it should be a mutual thing. It won't be any more Bino's fault than it is Sasha's fault.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17264
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
I mean that overall, it isn't that great a relationship for both parties here, so even if Sasha initiated the breakup, I see the phrase "dump" to mean that one party breaks it off and the other is worse off without the relationship. Bino could find someone more faithful and Sasha could find someone less of a jerk. They'd both be better if the relationship were ended.

My first girlfriend broke up with me, but we barely ever talked and when we did it was filled with awkward silences. I didn't see it as her dumping me so much as it was that we were both better off going our separate ways. That's the way I see Sasha and Bino's relationship.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 327
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
heh, i love the emotional shift from the first panel to the second.

1st panel Bino - "Oh goodness, a fair maiden lying sprawled and concussed over my owner's tools, maybe she fainted with the cold, perhaps the best thing would be to bring her inside, preheat a blanket for her and see if she remembers her owner, and if not i could get my brother on the phone and wait with accommodating patience while he pours over some database for lost dogs. I'd be a real hero"

2nd panel Bino - "HEY! CLEAR OUT YA BUM!"

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 17264
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
I see the first panel as more like "what the...?"

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:05 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 327
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
It's hard to judge, to me it looks like there's a slight bit of concern on his face. we don't know if he even knows Duchess is Sasha's friend but from his reaction it's more likely they've never met.

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
Wow...I haven't thought at that angle...

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Bottom of a gravity well
Post Re: Arc 51: Show Business
KJOokami wrote:
The point is that even if Sasha cheated on Bino to "get away from a jerk" (which there is no evidence of in the comic; she seems to only cheat on him because Fido is bigger, stronger, and more attractive), she's still not being fair to Bino by ditching him every time she sees an opportunity to be with Fido.

After reading this strip I was under the impression there was more to her, that she had certain conditions Bino has to live up to and if he doesn't, she's off. If I think about it, maybe she's even actively trying to shape him into a better person/boyfriend?

She doesn't really flirt in all directions, either, just goes a bit over board with expressing her gratitude.

JohnWillow wrote:
we don't know if he even knows Duchess is Sasha's friend

Was this confirmed? The talk in the salon left their relation ambiguous for me.


Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.