Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

For those who don't know, yes this is a SEQUEL of avatar the legend of Aang
first episode can be found here
[ Link Removed ]
Sokka, Aang, Toph and Zukko are dead
Last edited by angelusbr on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Re: Avatar: the legend of Korra

Post by KJOokami »

Just watched the premiere episode, and while it's certainly got some BIG shoes to fill, I'd say they're off to a good start. :)

Definitely gonna need some very strong supporting characters (because I already miss Sokka and Toph with just having their names mentioned), or I can't imagine this series will be nearly as strong as the original. They have a strong primary character, which is good. I think I actually like what I've seen of Korra more than I liked Aang for most of the first series, but obviously I'm basing this off of a single episode.

There's plenty of time for the series to go up or down, but I'm excited to see how it plays out.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

KJOokami wrote:Just watched the premiere episode, and while it's certainly got some BIG shoes to fill, I'd say they're off to a good start. :)

Definitely gonna need some very strong supporting characters (because I already miss Sokka and Toph with just having their names mentioned), or I can't imagine this series will be nearly as strong as the original. They have a strong primary character, which is good. I think I actually like what I've seen of Korra more than I liked Aang for most of the first series, but obviously I'm basing this off of a single episode.

There's plenty of time for the series to go up or down, but I'm excited to see how it plays out.
Personally I have the feeling this will have a subplot (or even the main plot) about X-men (how mutants/benders are monsters and supress the normal people)
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gah I need to finish the original series still.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Oh man I'm glad someone started a thread about this.

Personally I think the original episode fell a little flat. It's not irredeemable, but it had issues. Most of them fell with the voice acting.

Like, that mob guy. That was really cliche. And he had a really cliche attitude and I was not impressed.

I do like korra though, she's got spunk and she has enough personality faults. And the central conflict looks really interesting.
bwah bwah
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I have to say I was a little bothered by the "advanced technolgy" they had in the episode. Granted, it's like 70~80 years into the future maybe (I didn't catch if they mentioned any timeline...) also, it's worth mentioning that they had tanks, battleships, explosives, rudimentar flying machines back in the "Aang time" so it's that much of a stretch top include cars, but it feels weird and out of place. Maybe it recquires some get use to.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

This series has yet to be released and the forum rules preclude copyright infringement in any case.

[ Thread Closed ]

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other