HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Blue Peak Shore

Post by valerio »

Seth wrote:Adrain opened his fruit and extracted some of the pulp, he held it to his nose and sure enough it smelled like spiced apples.
I can't wait to try some of the local dishes, these smell incredible.
"What 're we waitin' fo' then? Let's go!" he pointed at the nearby village. "Dat's Salisgrave, mah place. We'll have a good time and good food, closer to nature than inside that artificial shell." he started walking, wagging happily.
---
Roarin wrote:"What accomplice?". Flint said innocently. He glanced at where the seagull used to be, the space now occupied by air. He frowned. Did he leave? Flint raised his hand in the air in surrender, slowly turning around to face he wolf behind him. "Ok. I answered your question, but you still haven't answered mine, so I'll ask a simpler one.". He stared straight into the wolves eyes. "Who, are you?"
That move caused the wolf to growl menacingly. "We are the patrol pack. And you are dead. Any last wish?"
"Pray for a quick and merciful one, I tell you," J-Li said...from the wolf's shoulder. And now his eyes were shining with an eerie blue light.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

He looked at J-Li slightly confused, but didn't say anything to him. He took a step back from the spear poking him. "So, last wishes. Is it like I can choose anything or do I have choose from a selection of choices or...". He continued on mumbling, making a big show of his perplexity as he continued backing up.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

The wolf looked over his shoulder, in the direction Flint's eyes and gone. For a moment, he was imitated by his pack mates...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flint took their momentary distraction as his que to disappear. He sprinted into the thick undergrowth, dropping his stick as he did so. He panted as he urged his feet to go faster. He didn't know if they noticed he was gone, or how fast they were. Every so often he looked behind him to check.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Arrows whizzed past the dog, the closest one brushing his tail, but the others stuck themselves in the bark of a tree or in the ground.
"I think it's safe to stop now," J-Li said from his shoulder. "They will not dare to kill you so far from their borders, and you don't need an unnecessary cardiac situation."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Woah!". He flinched in surprise at the seagull's sudden appearance. In his momentary lapse of concentration be tripped, rolled and tumbled into a nearby bush. "How'd you do that? The disappearing and reappearing from thin air thing?"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

The seagull reappeared on a nearby branch. "Oh, it's easy when you've been dead for 40 years."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote: The German Shepherd's roared a laughter. "Why? You are so...strong and powerful, I want to enjoy it! Let's play!" And so saying, he/she dashed and pinned him down. Diana wagged ind elight. "Gotcha! Now let's see if you can use *my* body to get out of this situation." He/she grinned.
Lars eyes widened as the GSD surprised him with a tackle, knocking him to the ground! The Female Lycaon was now under massive amounts of muscle and the wind almost got knocked out of Lars. But with a slender body like his, surely there was a loop hole. ''Oh lemme see....like....this!'' Lars exclaimed, giving Diana a playful lick on her nose and wiggling out behind her. He then jumped on her shoulders and began riding her like a horse. ''Hahahaha gotcha this time lady!'' Lars exclaimed.
---
valerio wrote: E.R. shook his head, clucking. "My my my, what a terrible girl you are. I like it," he said/growled, immersing his fingers into the scruff of her neck.
Tiara purred as his strong fingers began massaging her scruff, and all she could do was to fall in love with him more. She used a paw to stroke his face and gave him a lick on his nose followed by a nuzzle. ''I think this can work out. We still have lots to talk about too. So...what's on the menu in Salisgrave?'' Tiara asked as she strutted along with her new boyfriend.
---
valerio wrote: She nodded. "Good, because one of my followers brought this to me, as an offer, hoping he could buy my favors." A gigantic paw emerged from the water. In its palm, it held a bubble of light which encased a laptop. At her gesture, the thing floated into Randy's paw. The light dissolved. "I ate him, of course. What a silly notion, treating my like some capricious deity. But I still am intrigued by these things. I hear you mortals talk much about this internet, and I have grown curious.
"I can power this thing, but it's still too fragile to be used. And I can't find this 'start' button."
''Oh thats simple actually. Lemme help you out!'' Randy said, taking the laptop and sitting down crossed legged on the ground, positioning the laptop on his knees. He selected the start button and chose the internet browser, and soon a search engine page popped up.

''Here! The internet is up and running!'' Randy said, happily handing her the laptop. ''Anything else ya need to know?''
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:
Seth wrote:Adrain opened his fruit and extracted some of the pulp, he held it to his nose and sure enough it smelled like spiced apples.
I can't wait to try some of the local dishes, these smell incredible.
"What 're we waitin' fo' then? Let's go!" he pointed at the nearby village. "Dat's Salisgrave, mah place. We'll have a good time and good food, closer to nature than inside that artificial shell." he started walking, wagging happily.
Adrian was starting to realize how hungry he was, he hadn't eaten much of anything since he got to the island.
Sounds good to me, I'm starving. Adrian followed Dolomen eagerly, he didn't quite know what to expect once he got to the village but he was excited to check it out.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

thrasherblades wrote:Lars eyes widened as the GSD surprised him with a tackle, knocking him to the ground! The Female Lycaon was now under massive amounts of muscle and the wind almost got knocked out of Lars. But with a slender body like his, surely there was a loop hole. ''Oh lemme see....like....this!'' Lars exclaimed, giving Diana a playful lick on her nose and wiggling out behind her. He then jumped on her shoulders and began riding her like a horse. ''Hahahaha gotcha this time lady!'' Lars exclaimed.
"Hm, that was a good move. Will remember it... If you can do better than *this*" and, in a mere instant, the positions of body and souls were switched back.
---
thrasherblades wrote:Tiara purred as his strong fingers began massaging her scruff, and all she could do was to fall in love with him more. She used a paw to stroke his face and gave him a lick on his nose followed by a nuzzle. ''I think this can work out. We still have lots to talk about too. So...what's on the menu in Salisgrave?'' Tiara asked as she strutted along with her new boyfriend.
"Their ubertasty dried fish! They use the salty pulp of a special fruit of a tree that grows near the sea. You'll see! come on!" he led his newfound girlfriend to the village on a run.
---
thrasherblades wrote:''Oh thats simple actually. Lemme help you out!'' Randy said, taking the laptop and sitting down crossed legged on the ground, positioning the laptop on his knees. He selected the start button and chose the internet browser, and soon a search engine page popped up.
''Here! The internet is up and running!'' Randy said, happily handing her the laptop. ''Anything else ya need to know?''
karanta scratched her head pensively. "Hmm, now that I think about it... I don't really know what to ask -no, wait!" her enthusiasm made the sea agitate as if under a storm. She snapped a finger and it boomed like a thunder. "The stars! What can this Internet thing tell me about the worlds up above?"
---
Seth wrote:Adrian was starting to realize how hungry he was, he hadn't eaten much of anything since he got to the island.
Sounds good to me, I'm starving. Adrian followed Dolomen eagerly, he didn't quite know what to expect once he got to the village but he was excited to check it out.
Halfway to the village, Dolmen asked in a casual tone, without even turning to check on the continental dog. "An' why would someone 'drop' ya in a hurry on dis place? Ah mean, tis not exactly a dumpster here." he chuckled.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:The seagull reappeared on a nearby branch. "Oh, it's easy when you've been dead for 40 years."
Flint crawled out of the bush, spitting out a leaf that got stuck in mouth. Twigs and leaves clung to his fur. He sat down on the ground to rest, still panting. "Har har. And I can fly.". He said sarcastically. "There's no such thing as ghosts. But really, how do you do it?"

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:
Seth wrote:Adrianan was starting to realize how hungry he was, he hadn't eaten much of anything since he got to the island.
Halfway to the village, Dolmen asked in a casual tone, without even turning to check on the continental dog. "An' why would someone 'drop' ya in a hurry on dis place? Ah mean, tis not exactly a dumpster here." he chuckled.
Adrain stiffened up a bit his mind raced as he tried to figure out a good way to explain his predicament.
Well my owners and me had a...difference of opinion on some things. It got really tense around the house so they decided it'd be best to send me here for a while. Not that I'm complaining this place has been awesome so far.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Flint crawled out of the bush, spitting out a leaf that got stuck in mouth. Twigs and leaves clung to his fur. He sat down on the ground to rest, still panting. "Har har. And I can fly.". He said sarcastically. "There's no such thing as ghosts. But really, how do you do it?"
In answer, the whole body of the seagull started to shine with that eerie blue light. "Funny you should say that, because I *do* exist, hm?"
---
Seth wrote:Adrain stiffened up a bit his mind raced as he tried to figure out a good way to explain his predicament.
Well my owners and me had a...difference of opinion on some things. It got really tense around the house so they decided it'd be best to send me here for a while. Not that I'm complaining this place has been awesome so far.
"Oh, and it gets the more so!" Dolen decided not to inquire further, it was not in his place.
The couple entered the village. "Here we are! Home sweet home! Now follow me to mah place and stay close or ye'll be kidnapped."
As if on cue, a couple of passing females passing by whistled at the newcomer.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flint leaned his head forward and squinted, taking his first close look at the bird. There was, in fact a faint blue light surrounding J-Li. his eyes told him one thing, but his brain didn't seem to like the answer. he rubbed his temples and closed his eyes. "Wait wait wait... So you weren't joking around earlier when you said this island had a shaman and spirits walked around, chatting with random tourists?". His strong belief against anything supernatural was being strained.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

J-Li shrugged. "Yup. And you're lucky, I'm one of the good guys. I longed to meet an adventurous spirit like you: you make me remind of myself back when I was a hatchling seeking for adventures."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:J-Li shrugged. "Yup. And you're lucky, I'm one of the good guys. I longed to meet an adventurous spirit like you: you make me remind of myself back when I was a hatchling seeking for adventures."
Flint gave a weak smile. "I guess it's reassuring to know you have a supernatural being as a friend. I can call you my friend right?". He stood up and dusted some dirt off his fur. His white grayish pelt now stained with dirt and mud. He found he could twitch his fingers. He stretched and yawned. "So, to repeat my question before we were interrupted. How long do you think until we get to the resort.". As he walked by a low branch he flicked a leaf off. "The forest is greet and all. But being a citydog, it's kinda out of my element.". He continued walking, poking every tree he passed by. "Hey, I don't think I introduced myself yet. The name's Flint. Don't wear it out.". He said with a smirk.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You know my name already. Flint, hmm. Like it." The seagull disappeared and reappeared on the dog's shoulder. "And don't worry, I am friendly. I'm not one of those sad spirits always looking for heeeeelllp" on that last word, his expression turned to something between very sad and very scary. "Essex already apologized for eating me, so we're good and I haunt this place because it's home. The otherworld is so boring, meh!"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:
Roarin wrote:
Seth wrote:Adrain stiffened up a bit his mind raced as he tried to figure out a good way to explain his predicament.
"Oh, and it gets the more so!" Dolen decided not to inquire further, it was not in his place.
The couple entered the village. "Here we are! Home sweet home! Now follow me to mah place and stay close or ye'll be kidnapped."
As if on cue, a couple of passing females passing by whistled at the newcomer.
Adrian grinned and answered Dolomen, Oh I will, I wouldn't want to get kidnapped my first day. He followed closely, while he walked he looked around, taking in as much of the village as possible.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

The place was alive with everyday activities -artisans, merchants, males or females closely following their cubs, adolescents wreaking their funny idea of havoc, gardeners walking by with carts loaded with fresh goods, the smell of bread and the spiced sweet aroma of dried fish. A human couple was trying to instruct a puzzled native on how to use a digital camera while three cubs playfully assaulted the tourists. It looked like Salisgrave was a very busy place, but at the same time free of the stress that seemed to characterize human settlements...
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Wow, this place is alot busier than I expected. It must be great living here.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dolmen shrugged. "Meh, just your standard village. But you know what they say, idle hands etc etc..." as it often happened when walking in the village with a foreign pet, by his education the lycaon had switched to a more formal english. "Humans are great with metaphors--Oh, there's our destination. Thank you." He tok the other fruit from Adrian, walked to a hut, then shouted, "Ehilà della casa, I got our sea apples! Come out ye lazybutt!"
A moment later, another male, this one with ears covered in a sheen of silver fur, walked out. He wore an apron stained with blood and was rubbing his paws in it. "'Bout time ye lazy tail! Was goin' t'feed ole Bigby with da stuff that's rottin'! Where had you..." then he noticed Adrian and he too switched to formal. "Oho, you brought a guest. All right, you're forgiven. Put the apples inside, Desdemona will take care of them."
Dolmen ran inside. The 'butcher', though he definitely smelt like fish, ruffled Adrian's headfur. "Cute thing you are. Nice build. You got a boyfriend yet?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:Dolmen shrugged. "Meh, just your standard village. But you know what they say, idle hands etc etc..." as it often happened when walking in the village with a foreign pet, by his education the lycaon had switched to a more formal english. "Humans are great with metaphors--Oh, there's our destination. Thank you." He tok the other fruit from Adrian, walked to a hut, then shouted, "Ehilà della casa, I got our sea apples! Come out ye lazybutt!"
A moment later, another male, this one with ears covered in a sheen of silver fur, walked out. He wore an apron stained with blood and was rubbing his paws in it. "'Bout time ye lazy tail! Was goin' t'feed ole Bigby with da stuff that's rottin'! Where had you..." then he noticed Adrian and he too switched to formal. "Oho, you brought a guest. All right, you're forgiven. Put the apples inside, Desdemona will take care of them."
Dolmen ran inside. The 'butcher', though he definitely smelt like fish, ruffled Adrian's headfur. "Cute thing you are. Nice build. You got a boyfriend yet?"
Adrian laughed nervously, he was pretty sure the butcher was messing around but nonetheless he tensed up a bit.
Nope can't say I do. he flashed a grin at the butcher to try and hide his nerves.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dolmen came out at that moment. "Guests are not meant to be teased, love. Leave him alone or come tomorrow I will be someone else's mate."
The butcher turned and walked back to the hut. "Spoilport. Anyway, come back in a couple of hours and bring your guest. I will have something edible to it." He disappeared into the hut.
Dolmen sighed. "I guess he'll never change." Then, to Adrian, "Sorry if he upset you. He was born with those silvery ears and thinks he's a male magnet, but he's a nice guy and a fantastic cook." He licked his lips. "You'll see, his fish dishes are something to die for. But let's go to the bakery, I was supposed to get some loaves."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:Dolmen came out at that moment. "Guests are not meant to be teased, love. Leave him alone or come tomorrow I will be someone else's mate."
The butcher turned and walked back to the hut. "Spoilport. Anyway, come back in a couple of hours and bring your guest. I will have something edible to it." He disappeared into the hut.
Dolmen sighed. "I guess he'll never change." Then, to Adrian, "Sorry if he upset you. He was born with those silvery ears and thinks he's a male magnet, but he's a nice guy and a fantastic cook." He licked his lips. "You'll see, his fish dishes are something to die for. But let's go to the bakery, I was supposed to get some loaves."
Adrian followed Dolomen outside and towards the bakery, It's no big deal, I could tell he was just teasing, stuff like that has never bugged me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flint gave the seagull a weird look. "Ok?...". He crossed his arms (arm) and looked up in thought. "So... Essex's pretty old then. And your pretty old too. No offense. Was the resort always here? Or was it built recently.". He noticed the forest seemed to be getting thinner. "I think we're almost there. But thats just an assumption." he thought about J-Li's ghostly state. And if there were ghosts around here. There must be some other unusual creatures lurking on this island.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, good. Some tourists got so jittery instead..." He stopped in front of a hut from which a column of smoke came. "Gale, you in? It's Dolmen, I came for the bread!"
A couple of minutes later, an elder female came out. Despite her muzzle showing the signs of age, and one eye being blind with cataract, she still moved as if she were royalty. She wore a long green robe dusted with flour and crumbs. She carried two loaves of freshly-baked bread. "Here you are, boy. Say Hi to your mate for me..." Then her good eye fellon Adrian. She sniffed at the air, as if examining him with the only olfact. "Hm, interesting little fellow you are. He your guest Dolmen?"
The male lycaon nodded. "Yup. Can't have him visit Salisgrave without him tasting Baxter's cuisine."
"I see. Just make sure you two don't stat fighting over him."
"Gale..."
The female turned and went back into the shop. She was giggling.
"Crazy ol'--"
"I heard you."
"Sorry!" Dolmen turned to Adrian. "Now let's go home. Then we'll go visit the shaman."
---
Roarin wrote:Flint gave the seagull a weird look. "Ok?...". He crossed his arms (arm) and looked up in thought. "So... Essex's pretty old then. And your pretty old too. No offense. Was the resort always here? Or was it built recently.". He noticed the forest seemed to be getting thinner. "I think we're almost there. But thats just an assumption." he thought about J-Li's ghostly state. And if there were ghosts around here. There must be some other unusual creatures lurking on this island.
"Wow, so many question in such a small head..." J-Li chuckled. "Anyway, one at a time.
"A Titanboa can live up to 150 years. When he ate me, he had just shed his skin and was half-blind. He was also quite irritable. I was like you, always teasing him for the fun of it, but this time he was hungry as well. He mistook me for prey and paralyzed me with a shot of poison, and then I had to rearrange my existence.
"The resort was built in the '70s after Mr. Spencers bought it back from the United Kingdom. Since the, the place had been constantly updated to the latest commodities fad. It has been built of what's left of a WWII base the Allies used in the Atlantic War to protect their cargo.
"And no, we're still two days at least if we keep walking. And yes, there are creatures who you'd like and things you would NOT like to meet not even with an army backing you up.
"For example, though I suspect you'll be the first to ignore my advice but I better tell you so you won't spend eternity scolding me for not telling you, stay far, far away from the Jules Verne Caves, okay?"
Last edited by valerio on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"Oh, good. Some tourists got so jittery instead..." He stopped in front of a hut from which a column of smoke came. "Gale, you in? It's Dolmen, I came for the bread!"
A couple of minutes later, an elder female came out. Despite her muzzle showing the signs of age, and one eye being blind with cataract, she still moved as if she were royalty. She wore a long green robe dusted with flour and crumbs. She carried two loaves of freshly-baked bread. "Here you are, boy. Say Hi to your mate for me..." Then her good eye fellon Adrian. She sniffed at the air, as if examining him with the only olfact. "Hm, interesting little fellow you are. He your guest Dolmen?"
The male lycaon nodded. "Yup. Can't have him visit Salisgrave without him tasting Baxter's cuisine."
"I see. Just make sure you two don't stat fighting over him."
"Gale..."
The female turned and went back into the shop. She was giggling.
"Crazy ol'--"
"I heard you."
"Sorry!" Dolmen turned to Adrian. "Now let's go home. Then we'll go visit the shaman."
The shaman? What are we doing there?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Well, to be honest we call him Shaman because he used to be. He's very old, and he has no longer the strength to carry on his duties for the village. But he likes to do some tricks for the visitors. The spirits still pay him some small favors."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"Well, to be honest we call him Shaman because he used to be. He's very old, and he has no longer the strength to carry on his duties for the village. But he likes to do some tricks for the visitors. The spirits still pay him some small favors."
Sounds great I've never met a shaman before. We don't exactly have alot of them in california.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hey! Who are you calling small headed?.". He turned his head, trying to look offended. His mood brightened a millisecond later. "I need to get a grip on my surroundings. The only things I usually run into are other dogs, cats, and any other alley lurking animals. Speaking of animals. You said there were some of the 'good' kinds. Any chance some are located nearby?". He took note of the Caves J-Li mentioned and decided to save them for another day.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Seth wrote:Sounds great I've never met a shaman before. We don't exactly have alot of them in california.
"And you surely never met a *real* one. It'll blow your mind!"
---
Roarin wrote:"Hey! Who are you calling small headed?.". He turned his head, trying to look offended. His mood brightened a millisecond later. "I need to get a grip on my surroundings. The only things I usually run into are other dogs, cats, and any other alley lurking animals. Speaking of animals. You said there were some of the 'good' kinds. Any chance some are located nearby?". He took note of the Caves J-Li mentioned and decided to save them for another day.
"There are the pets back at Portsmouth, the Resort's tourist pets, the boas, though they got their quirks., and the lycaons. Now there's a good bunch. But again, it will take some time before we reach the nearest village, but they'll treat you like a prince and ask for your puppies a second later."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:
Seth wrote:Sounds great I've never met a shaman before. We don't exactly have alot of them in california.
"And you surely never met a *real* one. It'll blow your mind!"
I'll bet it will! Adrian hesitated for a second to get up the nerve to ask Dolomen his next quesion. So how long have you and Baxter been together? If you don't mind me asking.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Hm, well, I guess since our hormones kicked in. I mean, we had known each other since cubhood, we were best of friends and..." He shrugged. "It just came naturally. One could think we were destined, even if he drives me crazy with his antics. I apologize in advance if he starts making another pass at you: it's his way of being...polite."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"Hm, well, I guess since our hormones kicked in. I mean, we had known each other since cubhood, we were best of friends and..." He shrugged. "It just came naturally. One could think we were destined, even if he drives me crazy with his antics. I apologize in advance if he starts making another pass at you: it's his way of being...polite."
Oh don't worry about it, it's not like it's never happened to me before. So how'd the village take it? Are they O.K. with you two being together?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

"'Tolerate'..?" That moment of perplexity vanished soon from Dolmen's face. "Oh, of course you don't know.
"Well, when the cape dogs and the red wolves came to live on Tricana, there was room for everyone, no dominant tribe ruled. We tolerated the few cats that came with us because in this land we had what we needed... And thus we proliferated, and we were at peace.
"But one day there were just to many of us. We started fighting for territory, and then the skirmishes became wars and rivalries became hatred, and the hatred was passed from generation to generation.
"When the humans and their dogs put a stop to the wars of Tricana, both us and the wolves were nearly extinct. Our females mated with the humans' hounds to refreshen and strenghten our blood, while the wolves retired into the inner forests... But we all learnt a lesson, a precious one: never to reproduce like we used to do.
"We don't have to enforce that rule, because we make sure we never forget, that's also why we hold our War Day every year. To remember to keep our numbers low enough to sustain without driving ourselves to extinction. And, well," Dolmen grinned, "Since we all *do* have our needs, same sex relationships are *strongly* encouraged. You could say that any given gay couple is perfectly *normal*. And if an extra pup or two are born, we take care of them."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flint grinned. "So no giant birds? No fire breathing dragons? No gryphons? Going through the list, you and those giant snakes are the most unusual creatures on this island." Just for the heck of it he started hopping on one foot. He stuck his tongue out in concentration. "And i gotta ask. Whats up with these lycaons? The way you describe them,they seem very eager to..." He stopped hopping to think of a good way to say it. "To...diversify the gene pool. They seem to be doing well off, living in harmony with the humans. If you ask me, its those wolves that need to go out and make some new friends, seeing as their almost extinct and all that." He yawned again and stretched his right arm, the feeling slowly returning to it.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:"'Tolerate'..?" That moment of perplexity vanished soon from Dolmen's face. "Oh, of course you don't know.
"Well, when the cape dogs and the red wolves came to live on Tricana, there was room for everyone, no dominant tribe ruled. We tolerated the few cats that came with us because in this land we had what we needed... And thus we proliferated, and we were at peace.
"But one day there were just to many of us. We started fighting for territory, and then the skirmishes became wars and rivalries became hatred, and the hatred was passed from generation to generation.
"When the humans and their dogs put a stop to the wars of Tricana, both us and the wolves were nearly extinct. Our females mated with the humans' hounds to refreshen and strenghten our blood, while the wolves retired into the inner forests... But we all learnt a lesson, a precious one: never to reproduce like we used to do.
"We don't have to enforce that rule, because we make sure we never forget, that's also why we hold our War Day every year. To remember to keep our numbers low enough to sustain without driving ourselves to extinction. And, well," Dolmen grinned, "Since we all *do* have our needs, same sex relationships are *strongly* encouraged. You could say that any given gay couple is perfectly *normal*. And if an extra pup or two are born, we take care of them."
Well that's alot better than we have it back on the mainland. I wish it was a little more tolerant back home.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Flint grinned. "So no giant birds? No fire breathing dragons? No gryphons? Going through the list, you and those giant snakes are the most unusual creatures on this island." Just for the heck of it he started hopping on one foot. He stuck his tongue out in concentration. "And i gotta ask. Whats up with these lycaons? The way you describe them,they seem very eager to..." He stopped hopping to think of a good way to say it. "To...diversify the gene pool. They seem to be doing well off, living in harmony with the humans. If you ask me, its those wolves that need to go out and make some new friends, seeing as their almost extinct and all that." He yawned again and stretched his right arm, the feeling slowly returning to it.
"hmm, there are the Lurkers, back in the Jules Verne Caves, but no one came back alive to testify their appearance. Humans are thinking of sending down something mechanical when it's feasable.
"As for the Lycs, well, they're so eager mainly because they must keep their number low and their pool strong, while yes, the wolves are walking toward extinction as a species.
---
Seth wrote:Well that's alot better than we have it back on the mainland. I wish it was a little more tolerant back home.
"Oh. So you *are* gay. And you were 'sent' here because of that? Like...exiled?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:
Seth wrote:Well that's alot better than we have it back on the mainland. I wish it was a little more tolerant back home.
"Oh. So you *are* gay. And you were 'sent' here because of that? Like...exiled?"
Adrian facepawed as he realized he had let his secret slip. He grinned sheepishly at Dolomen, Yeah, I'm just a little hesitant to tell people. My owners didn't take it well and that's how I ended up here. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I'm a little paranoid about telling people.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I guess that's smart. If there's gonna be puppies they might as well be strong ones." He chuckled. "I can see why they'd fawn over the german sheps. Their smart, strong, fast. But a Canaan dog?" He gave an unconvinced look at J-Li. "I'm just...white. Other than that I'm just your average dog." He laughed and kicked a small rock that was in front of him. 'I'd leave it to the sheps to whoo the ladies." He frowned. "but yeesh... two days until any signs of civilization." He looked into the distance. Tree and tree and tree after...

Ref Ref!