Inventionous Inventions!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ZambieHugger

Inventionous Inventions!

Post by ZambieHugger »

This'd be the thread for anyone with an idea for an invention you'd be willing to share! We'd love to hear what great ideas are running this great country!

What about a computer that once started projects the screen to any bluetooth device so you may view the screen at any point in time by voice command, which is then accessable via touch screen including a virtual but usable keyboard.

This is basically a thred for pooling ideas together to share some form of creativity with the world, you don't technically have to post an invention, but stay on topic with ideas!
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Anthroguy101

Re: Inventionous Inventions!

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I have plenty of ideas. That is why I am pushing for an engineering degree. The problem is, if we share our ideas here, they are likely to get stolen and someone else will make money off of them.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have the idea for a mouth-operated effects pedal that allows guitarists to be mobile when still using effects. Plus general ideas of how it would be implemented.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Not sure if this counts as an original invention, but I’ve always kept in mind a design for a small, personal aircraft. Think of it like a flying segway. Throttle could control altitude while simply leaning in the direction desired would control flight path.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I had an idea on my mind for a minor implement on cellphones. There needs to be a optional timer on how long you want to set your phone on silent. I've noticed that when most people set their phones on silent, they tend to leave it on silent until the next time they use there phone, which can be all day when they only wish to leave it on silent for a couple hours max.

Yeah... may not be an invention at all but it's an idea.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Make Deus Ex like augmentations for people missing limbs, someone, please make these things, they can change the world.

One that was just for fun was the idea of the Hinden Mustache, it is a blimp that I write the name of it under a giant curly mustache and fly through the sky, spreading the message of Mr. Grey to the masses. Plus, it will be a blimp with a mustache.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

D-Singer wrote:Not sure if this counts as an original invention, but I’ve always kept in mind a design for a small, personal aircraft. Think of it like a flying segway. Throttle could control altitude while simply leaning in the direction desired would control flight path.
So you're thinking of say...those flying cars they've been developing recently? If you achieved it before anyone else then you'd be in for quite a bit of revenue!
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Secretly...I am Batman.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

If you ask me, the designs they keep coming out with seem either to complex and costly, or just plain impractical. The idea of a personal aircraft that operates in the way I described was actually once build by Williams International and even evaluated for use by the US Army in the 1980s.

Unfortunately, its design and capabilities were considered inferior to small helicopters at the time, along with most of its engine components being proprietary and far too costly to obtain in quantity. So the idea was dropped.

However, I’m still greatly surprised to see that nobody has tried to recreate this type of VTOL for modern use. Surely today there’s ways to more cheaply develop the parts needed to rebuild one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJARrc40imk

-Smaller than most cars today
-Could remain Air born for roughly 30 minutes
-Could reach an altitude of 3000 meters and speeds of 60 miles per hour

To me, this design could open to many improvements if it were to be made with today’s technology.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

D-Singer wrote:If you ask me, the designs they keep coming out with seem either to complex and costly, or just plain impractical. The idea of a personal aircraft that operates in the way I described was actually once build by Williams International and even evaluated for use by the US Army in the 1980s.

Unfortunately, its design and capabilities were considered inferior to small helicopters at the time, along with most of its engine components being proprietary and far too costly to obtain in quantity. So the idea was dropped.

However, I’m still greatly surprised to see that nobody has tried to recreate this type of VTOL for modern use. Surely today there’s ways to more cheaply develop the parts needed to rebuild one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJARrc40imk

-Smaller than most cars today
-Could remain Air born for roughly 30 minutes
-Could reach an altitude of 3000 meters and speeds of 60 miles per hour

To me, this design could open to many improvements if it were to be made with today’s technology.
I see your point sir, but if you were to create something matching to that, wouldn't you technically have to make an agreement with the first person to think of and test that idea?

Plus most of the reason it had never been actually made was because it would have to have some sort of landing space almost everywhere...unless it could hover for a short time to do so. Not to mention that the production would cost too much for just one unit and be too overly complex for most users to operate.

I once had an idea for an invention that would make travel easier, basically a teleporter, but one doing so that would work a bit like a mirror. A wall-hung object matching that of the size and shape of a mirror and the texture, with a copy in the place you wanted to go. All you would need to do would be to simply, touch the mirror to activate it, which would open the rift allowing to let you travel through into the place veiwed by the mirror at the time.

Not very easily manageable but entirely possible and fun if successfully done!
Secretly...I am Batman.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Kitela wrote:I had an idea on my mind for a minor implement on cellphones. There needs to be a optional timer on how long you want to set your phone on silent. I've noticed that when most people set their phones on silent, they tend to leave it on silent until the next time they use there phone, which can be all day when they only wish to leave it on silent for a couple hours max.

Yeah... may not be an invention at all but it's an idea.
A good idea nevertheless!
Secretly...I am Batman.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

ZambieHugger wrote:I see your point sir, but if you were to create something matching to that, wouldn't you technically have to make an agreement with the first person to think of and test that idea?
I probably would. But testing aircraft is a long process, including everything from computer concept designs and simulations, to the scaled down unmanned models. By the time the prototype aircraft is built for piloting, most major bugs in the design have been identified. Even then, piloted prototypes today are always kept in heavily monitored and controlled environments. You'll notice a great number of the personal aircraft models on video are tethered in case of failure to prevent harm to the pilot and prototype.

ZambieHugger wrote:Plus most of the reason it had never been actually made was because it would have to have some sort of landing space almost everywhere...unless it could hover for a short time to do so. Not to mention that the production would cost too much for just one unit and be too overly complex for most users to operate.
This is a primary reason why personal aircraft would need to be as small as possible while still having the power to carry a decent sized payload. If there ever was one which became popular in general public use, landing areas would be no more difficult to manage than car parking lots.

Once again, cost and only a single source of the components needed for construction were a big reason why the WASP never went into official use. But otherwise it would have been ideal. Piloting it was incredibly simple for a VTOL (Just leaning in the direction of desired flight). Training would not likely be nearly as extensive as what’s needed for flying most helicopters today.

ZambieHugger wrote:I once had an idea for an invention that would make travel easier, basically a teleporter, but one doing so that would work a bit like a mirror. A wall-hung object matching that of the size and shape of a mirror and the texture, with a copy in the place you wanted to go. All you would need to do would be to simply, touch the mirror to activate it, which would open the rift allowing to let you travel through into the place veiwed by the mirror at the time.

Not very easily manageable but entirely possible and fun if successfully done!
As for your teleporting mirror idea, I think we’ll need a much more thorough understanding of physics before that ever comes to be. Thus far teleporting is an event that only occurs in theory. We know it could happen, but really have no existing means to test and prove it.
Last edited by D-Singer on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

i THINK i may have designed a working hovercraft by having an inner tube for the base, using some mechanism to use air pressure to make it rise, and leaning to steer
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You must show videos.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

Sleet wrote:You must show videos.
what do you mean by that? a video of....
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The working hovercraft. Assuming you intended to build it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I've actually seen similar hovercraft in use in videos. It's already been done, but still pretty neat
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

i actually started with a model that was already made, but only floated about an inch above the ground, it was still really cool though
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Is it true that you can take credit for an improvement on another invention and not get sued?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Is it true that you can take credit for an improvement on another invention and not get sued?
If you're Thomas Edison.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Marconi invented the radio using Tesla's patents. Tesla also created a radio first, but Marconi's sent the signal farther.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Moral of the story: Tesla got royally screwed over.

It's a shame, too. He was the first real-life mad scientist. An inspiration to us all! Well, me anyway.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Moral of the story: Tesla got royally screwed over.

It's a shame, too. He was the first real-life mad scientist. An inspiration to us all! Well, me anyway.
I do, as well. If it were not for him, either the world wouldn't be nearly as modernized or the sky would be blocked out of view from all the telephone wires.

However, in some cases, I don't see much wrong with inventors using other inventors patents to improve inventions or invent more stuff. Nikola Tesla was more of a discoverer than an inventor, anyways. Yes, he was your typical "mad scientist".
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Kitela wrote:Nikola Tesla was more of a discoverer than an inventor, anyways. Yes, he was your typical "mad scientist".
tell that to his death ray.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Kitela wrote:Nikola Tesla was more of a discoverer than an inventor, anyways. Yes, he was your typical "mad scientist".
tell that to his death ray.
Aside from the death ray and whatnot, he was more of a discoverer. He said so himself (at least from what I've read about him). x3
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Now when I think of the ideas for anything anti-gravity, I think of the scientists working for Aperture Science having the need to capture a small void full of the very vacuum of space to activate it. Would it really have to be that way? Or is there a way to create an anti-gravity effect in atmosphere, because if so it could be used for quite a fw types of applications which in turn could better some small part of humanity...also make cleaning easier.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

"true" antigravity is pretty much impossible. We can create force to counteract gravity, but that's about it.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

But how would we counteract gravity other than creating a strong enough wind force?

But I personally would like to improve upon the cell phone giving it the ability to convert to a computer and back to an actual phone at will. But I mean have the ability to easier access the internet and actually give access to a keyboard as an added feature that fits about the same as those ones you can attach to the iPad.
Secretly...I am Batman.
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

ZambieHugger wrote:But how would we counteract gravity other than creating a strong enough wind force?
With a big enough magnet you can counteract gravity. They've done it with frogs and tomatoes.
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Anything that flies is antigravity.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Yeah I'd have to agree :D

I was doing a bit of thinking...and I had an idea that would improve upon the touch screen...or at least maybe the creators of said such things would draw the sensitivity a little higher so it'd be easier to use in general. But has any one of the companies yet made a phone or computer that projects the keyboard onto the table or surface it's on? I believe they've thought of it but have they made it?
Secretly...I am Batman.