Arc 51: Show Business

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
IceKitsune

Re: Arc 51: Show Business

Post by IceKitsune »

Why did he even go to Tarot anyway? what exactly does he expect her to do that nobody else could. Use her psychic powers to scare her away? This kind of screams of lets shoehorn Tarot into this because both her and King have a connection with the game.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tarot is magic. If you knew someone who's magic, wouldn't you go to her for help?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Tarot is magic. If you knew someone who's magic, wouldn't you go to her for help?
But for this? why would Tarot even care they met once for like a minute.
Edit: I could understand if he was going to get Sabrina but accidentally woke Tarot up instead but that's not what shown here
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Stuff happens off-panel.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

WARNING

WARNING

ENEMY PLAYER DETECTED

DESTROY
ImageImage
ImageImage
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

That house looks really big for some reason.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.
Then why not just go for Sabrina then? Since Tarot knew he was coming that means that logically he was coming to see her not Sabrina who would make much more sense in this case out of the two of them.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and it's bigger on the inside, what with the portals to other realms of reality and all.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Maybe Sabrina's room doesn't have a window.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Maybe Sabrina's room doesn't have a window.
Ok fine, but IMO that is a rather silly reason (not from a canon stand point but from a writing one) but whatever maybe Tarot can finally get some development or something.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rick just knows I like Tarot and did it just for me.

Obviously.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

IceKitsune wrote:
Dissension wrote:King presumably considered that Tarot is one of two people in the neighborhood who know him particularly well. One has a tendency to go with one's friends and acquaintances when one is in a bind.
Then why not just go for Sabrina then? Since Tarot knew he was coming that means that logically he was coming to see her not Sabrina who would make much more sense in this case out of the two of them.
Sabrina's more like Tarot's on hand secretary, in my opinion at least. Why go to the secretary when you can go straight to the boss?
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hypergenesis wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Sabrina's more like Tarot's on hand secretary, in my opinion at least. Why go to the secretary when you can go straight to the boss?
When you know the secretary better and the choice doesn't really matter.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

IceKitsune wrote:When you know the secretary better and the choice doesn't really matter.
Why do you say King knows Sabrina better?

Tarot and the Spirit Dragon aren't any different in perspective, like linked minds, possibly even linked bodies.

And from their conversation it's basically a "Just do anything to stop her." request being put up.

and with his experience with Pete, whose power can be used at will, wouldn't it be more logical to approach Tarot?
I mean what would Sabrina do?
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hypergenesis wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:When you know the secretary better and the choice doesn't really matter.
Why do you say King knows Sabrina better?

Tarot and the Spirit Dragon aren't any different in perspective, like linked minds, possibly even linked bodies.

And from their conversation it's basically a "Just do anything to stop her." request being put up.

and with his experience with Pete, whose power can be used at will, wouldn't it be more logical to approach Tarot?
I mean what would Sabrina do?
Tarot and Dragon are two different people, saying that since he knows Dragon a lot means that he knows Tarot just as much is dumb its like saying since you know one twin its the same as knowing the other. Also that's my point why go to Tarot with that request when Sabrina could do the same thing.
Except that King admits that he believes it has nothing to do with the game so it really can't be Pete so he wouldn't be worried about powers being used.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

he means that Tarot knows everything about Pete that Dragon knows (plausibly) and that King knows Tarot has access to Dragon's powers, or at least he thinks she does because Pete was able to use his powers indiscriminately. Sabrina doesn't have those powers.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:he means that Tarot knows everything about Pete that Dragon knows (plausibly) and that King knows Tarot has access to Dragon's powers. Sabrina doesn't have those powers.
what? But King doesn't think Pete has anything to do with this since he said that it doesn't have anything to do with the game so that shouldn't even factor in here. He just wants Duchess to go away, Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:He just wants Duchess to go away
and don't you think a psychic with a connection to a celestial being could make that happen in some way, more easily than that psychic's apprentice?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:what? But King doesn't think Pete has anything to do with this since he said that it doesn't have anything to do with the game so that shouldn't even factor in here. He just wants Duchess to go away, Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.
Presumably, one who doesn't fully understand how magic works would assume that someone with magic would be an infinitely more powerful ally than one who doesn't.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

IceKitsune wrote:... Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.
In which comic is it established that King knows Sabrina better than he knows Tarot? Additionally, please do not say someone's idea is "dumb," that's rather rude.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:He just wants Duchess to go away
and don't you think a psychic with a connection to a celestial being could make that happen in some way?
Yes she could I'm not in anyway arguing she couldn't, but again he considered Fox first and even thought of going to Sasha in this strip. He knows Sabrina better then he knows Tarot (who he met for like all of a minute once) If he was considering help from Sasha and Fox why would Sabrina not cross his mind to go to before Tarot?
Dissension wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:... Sabrina could do just that as well as Tarot could, so again why go to Tarot and not Sabrina when he knows Sabrina better.
In which comic is it established that King knows Sabrina better than he knows Tarot? Additionally, please do not say someone's idea is "dumb," that's rather rude.
The fact that hes clearly had more screen time with her then with Tarot and there is nothing in this strip that says they hung out at all in between. Edit: and I'm sorry for saying it was dumb.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Dissension wrote:Additionally, please do not say someone's idea is "dumb," that's rather rude.[/color]
yes. don't be like Tarot. She's kind of a jerk.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Yes she could I'm not in anyway arguing she couldn't, but again he considered Fox first and even thought of going to Sasha in this panel. He knows Sabrina better then he knows Tarot (who he met for like all of a minute once) If he was considering help from Sasha and Fox why would Sabrina not cross his mind to go to before Tarot?
He chose Fox first because Fox is his best friend.

And I'm fairly certain the comment about Sasha was a sarcastic remark in response to Tarot being purposefully unhelpful.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Yes she could I'm not in anyway arguing she couldn't, but again he considered Fox first and even thought of going to Sasha in this panel. He knows Sabrina better then he knows Tarot (who he met for like all of a minute once) If he was considering help from Sasha and Fox why would Sabrina not cross his mind to go to before Tarot?
He chose Fox first because Fox is his best friend.

And I'm fairly certain the comment about Sasha was a sarcastic remark in response to Tarot being purposefully unhelpful.
Ok yeah I know that they are best freinds but the point I'm making is that he chose someone with out magic before going to Tarot who he barely knows (and before anyone brings it up yes I'm making an assumption that they don't really know each other, but its one based on actual evidence from the comic which all points to them barely knowing each other.), if he really thought he need high powered Magic that Tarot would have, why even go to Fox. So again the only reason that he didn't think of getting Sabrina who he knows better then Tarot is so Tarot could have a reason to be in the arc as I said before.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:(and before anyone brings it up yes I'm making an assumption that they don't really know each other, but its one based on actual evidence from the comic which all points to them barely knowing each other.)
I'd say it's more based on lack of evidence that they know each other better.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:(and before anyone brings it up yes I'm making an assumption that they don't really know each other, but its one based on actual evidence from the comic which all points to them barely knowing each other.)
I'd say it's more based on lack of evidence that they know each other better.
Maybe, but its better then assuming they met up off panel with absolutely nothing to support it.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hmm... Anyone else a bit scared by the fact that he's going to Sasha's house at a time her dad might be home?

I certainly am.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hmm... Anyone else a bit scared by the fact that he's going to Sasha's house at a time her dad might be home?

I certainly am.
This. If King meet Sasha's dad appear, it'll be an interesting plot twist (somthing I've been wanting since when King and Sasha met). I know people are saying that King know Sabrina better because of the arc "Not all dogs. I don't think they are that much of friends, but Sabrina DID help King there and not Tarot. I know why King tried to get Tarot's help, but he should've tried Sabrina instead (since she was the one who helped him, sure it was most likely under orders, but I think she was really worried back then. However back in "Not all dogs" King's soul was at stake, here he's just under the danger of a crazy dog).
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sabrina would probably get stampeded by Duchess anyway i would say. Unless Sabrina has been taken lessons from Grape... or maybe she had her own way of fighting? :o

In any case, i just find it funny that he also went to Tarot. considering how she scared him last time with the whole "I know you're human" thing, i would guess he would be scared straight for Duchess to hear the whole human backstory stuff. But then again, he might've also thought having Tarot telling Duchess he was human would probably turn her off, not because she'd believe the whole thing but just because of who he hung around with X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
sean21

Post by sean21 »

i don't really know what to say, its funny like always, i would have never guessed him going to Tarot for assistance, maybe he's even willing to go back to Pete O.O
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Maybe Tarot's house was just close to Fox's house.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Now this is more LIKE it! :shock: (Or perhaps it's not. I have no idea, and I don't like being teased.)

I WANT to say that I sense something BIG is approaching, and that it's one of two things I've wanted to see happen most.............. but I've been wrong before. And I can only get my hopes up so many times before my reaction becomes "who cares?". :?

I'm going to have my hopes up anyway. Dang it.
sean21

Post by sean21 »

you don't need to worry, King's not in any danger, he's only being chased by a psychotic... uh whats the word i'm looking for, let's say ex-girlfriend for the pageants sake.
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

sean21 wrote:you don't need to worry, King's not in any danger, he's only being chased by a psychotic... uh whats the word i'm looking for, let's say ex-girlfriend for the pageants sake.
Yeah, "Feral Attraction". :roll:

Seriously, not THAT! :P The two things I'm referring to are Fox finding out the truth (unlikely), or a resolution with the watch. I've been wrong enough times on hoping for both that I SHOULD be taking a weary "who cares?" attitude, and part of me wants to.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Relax! That arc will resolve when Rick wants it to. Don't be in any hurry.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

This is my favorite comic of this arc so far for a variety of reasons
but mostly because of Tarot. And the avatar joke.
Image Image
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Oh ! Juliet!, let down thy golden hair.

wait..
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Some I noticed would be the possibility of Duchess having something to do with the game. Such as some unseen character that joins the game at some point in the arc, that might be why Tarot cannot help, if you think about it...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

... Rapunzel!

Also, Tarot and her plot inducing tactics. Why, she saw this plot coming and inserter her plot in to help the plot move onto another plot.

Tarot, the Queen of Plots.
With Peanut as her King.
And Grape and Maxwell as their Knights!
With Daisy and Sasha guest starring as the Bishops!
And Fiddler and Keys as the Rooks!
and the bigglesworths as the Pawns.

/smug
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur