Pet Friendly: Edge City OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

or should we just star opening more doors randomly?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Aren't Matthias and Selina right in front of the door to the room Marcus and Soren are in? Marcus was shouting a second ago, didn't they hear him?
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

we have no idea, because they didn't seem to hear us when we called after hearing you after hearing us.
confusion.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

-Name-
Inky
-Character Type-
Main
-Species-
Lop eared rabbit
-Age-
16 pet years
-Neighborhood-
Edge City
-Appearance-
Inky’s fur is short with two-color types, from the neck down, he is solid white as for his head and ears they are also white but with large spots of black covering both head and ears. His collar is royal purple with a bright orange carrot design on the back, as for the tag it is in the shape of a pumpkin. He always has a plan black pet pack with him.
-Personality-
Inky is a curious, clean freak, his need to keep his self-clean is a strong driving force in his life going as far as to spend an hour if not longer each morning brushing his fur out. If he gets dirty, he will feel the driving need to remove whatever has gotten on him. If not allowed to clean he will grow aggressive and problematic. As for his curiousness, this is related to cooking. He loves to cook and bake things as he finds great pleasure in cooking for others and try new foods.
-Other Notes-
Contents of the pack: Container of wet wipes, small towel, double sided brush, pet friendly nail clippers. When cooking he is most likely to cook foods that have a lot of vegetables but can be talked into cooking with meat.
-SPECIAL-
S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8

Voice color #800080
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Construction Boots wrote:-Name-
Inky
-Character Type-
Main
-Species-
Lop eared rabbit
-Age-
16 pet years
-Neighborhood-
Edge City
-Appearance-
Inky’s fur is short with two-color types, from the neck down, he is solid white as for his head and ears they are also white but with large spots of black covering both head and ears. His collar is royal purple with a bright orange carrot design on the back, as for the tag it is in the shape of a pumpkin. He always has a plan black pet pack with him.
-Personality-
Inky is a curious, clean freak, his need to keep his self-clean is a strong driving force in his life going as far as to spend an hour if not longer each morning brushing his fur out. If he gets dirty, he will feel the driving need to remove whatever has gotten on him. If not allowed to clean he will grow aggressive and problematic. As for his curiousness, this is related to cooking. He loves to cook and bake things as he finds great pleasure in cooking for others and try new foods.
-Other Notes-
Contents of the pack: Container of wet wipes, small towel, double sided brush, pet friendly nail clippers. When cooking he is most likely to cook foods that have a lot of vegetables but can be talked into cooking with meat.
-SPECIAL-
S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8

Voice color #800080
Approved. You may begin.
Construction Boots

Cool now where would be a good place to start from and when would a good point be to start?
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Uh, hey, D-singer? Are you okay? You seem to be MIA.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

I'm sorry, check the main OOC. I'm still here.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Ok, thanks for responding, I can't wait to see your next post. :) And Iudex is eager too.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Are me and Leafoflawl the only active members at the moment?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Trying to be active, need D to respond, but he's said he's busy with school and writters block
Construction Boots

I would like to join in just not sure where I can bring Inky in that would get me into the story. As it stands everyone who is active is in the building so unless something has caused Inky to already be there or is outside, and the pets inside call out to him for help, I'm not really certain what to do. Any thoughts or ideas on where to start would be very much welcome.

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

The only pets ‘outside’ right now Are Zaya, Skya, and Plamen who are all downtown. Hmm, where you could start I’m not entirely sure. How about this, just try to get an intro post of Inky doing something so it’s established that he’s out there in the RP. From there we’ll progress with wherever the other players end up.

To everyone in the abandoned building, can you guys possibly stir things up a little more so the posts aren’t so dang short? Cruiser just vanished into thin air and nobody seems to be worried, also Marcus and Soren SAW the Slenderman and know that it chased them all the way up to the top floor. Care to mention that to Selina and Matthias? “Hey! Great that you found us, but there was this tall, faceless, scary guy in a suit who chased us here, and now our friend is gone.”
The Moon Howler

Skya and Plamen are inside a building.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

D-Singer wrote:To everyone in the abandoned building, can you guys possibly stir things up a little more so the posts aren’t so dang short? Cruiser just vanished into thin air and nobody seems to be worried, also Marcus and Soren SAW the Slenderman and know that it chased them all the way up to the top floor. Care to mention that to Selina and Matthias? “Hey! Great that you found us, but there was this tall, faceless, scary guy in a suit who chased us here, and now our friend is gone.”
first point, they are assuming/hoping he got out somehow
second point, I thought we were on the second floor, how tall are the buildings here? only two floors or did Matt and Selina get to a higher floor in the confusion of the stairwell?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Construction Boots

Seeing as the role play is dealing with a supernatural creature it could be that the building is just two stories tall, however, that Slenderman could be warping reality in a way that the pets have stepped through to another building or going in that same direction commonly seen in Silent Hill games. Now those are just my thoughts and are merely worth so much in the long run. Another thought would be are all the pets holding up with all the dust and mold that would be found inside an abandoned building like the one they are currently trapped in?

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
D-Singer wrote:To everyone in the abandoned building, can you guys possibly stir things up a little more so the posts aren’t so dang short? Cruiser just vanished into thin air and nobody seems to be worried, also Marcus and Soren SAW the Slenderman and know that it chased them all the way up to the top floor. Care to mention that to Selina and Matthias? “Hey! Great that you found us, but there was this tall, faceless, scary guy in a suit who chased us here, and now our friend is gone.”
first point, they are assuming/hoping he got out somehow
second point, I thought we were on the second floor, how tall are the buildings here? only two floors or did Matt and Selina get to a higher floor in the confusion of the stairwell?

The building is actually three stories high (it may be an error that I failed to make that detail clear in earlier posts) but Slendy's influence did play a big role in how everyone's perceiving the place.

I do however recall mentioning that Cruiser couldn't have left that room without passing by Selina and Matthias. There was only one doorway out, and it was at the end of the hall where they met up with Soren and Marcus.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I seem to have forgotten to mention this, but Iudex's name means "judge" in Latin
Construction Boots

Alright I'm going to give Luna Werewolf until this coming sunday before I post again.

Thouhastbinpwnd

Post by Thouhastbinpwnd »

Hello, peoples! I was wondering, do you have any places open?
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Sure do. Got a character in mind?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Greetings! I was wondering if i could join too? If there are still slots open.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Thouhastbinpwnd

Why yes I do!

Name: Darksun (Thats not my real name, but your not privilaged for that)

Character type: Main

Neighborhood: Edge City

Speicies: black panther

Appearance: Darksun is a tall black panther with a slender frame. He has gold eye color. Under said eyes he has a tatoo under his right eye, it is a triangle pointing down from his eye. He always stands strait up and stiff as a board. His slender build is often masked by the jet black cloak he wheres. His clock goes from his shoulders down to his ankles. A part of his cloak right down the center, connected at the top, allows him free mobility. On the back of hos cloak is a symbol of a sun*. His constant blank yet stern expression is what is always on his face. He always, always caries his sword with him.

Personality: Darksun has emotion he realy does, he just never shows it. The only sign he will ever give of his current mood is an intensifying of his glare, symbolizing anger or being upset by something. He is generaly quiet, but that doesnt mean he won't voice his mind when he feels it to be appropriate.

History: Draksun belongs to a secretive order called the Ghost Hunters. The sole purpose of the hunters is to track down and exterminate any and all paranormal beasts. Every member has a name that they have chosen to be known as, hence Darksun.

Others: Whenever Darksun runs or walks he rarely moves his arms, weird right? Also every so often you will see him carrying around a book. This book is a black leather bound volume with the same crest that is on his cloak, this is his hunting jurnol.

Stats:
Str: 5 (I run, I don't lift)
Pre: 10 (stop lying and tell me now!)
End: 6 (chasing monsters is hard, huff huff, expressly when they run like that!)
Cha: 2 (people say I am rather distant from others)
Int: 8 (well lets see... Hey! That's Latin! I know Latin.
Agil: 8 (catch me if you can!)
Luck: 3 (luck is for those with no skill)

*if you want a visual refference you should go to google and type in "magic the gathering white mana" and go to images.
Last edited by Thouhastbinpwnd on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Thouhastbinpwnd wrote:Why yes I do!

Name: Darksun (Thats not my real name, but your not privilaged for that)

Character type: Main

Neighborhood: Edge City

Speicies: black panther

Appearance: Darksun is a tall black panther with a slender frame. He has gold eye color. Under said eyes he has a tatoo under his right eye, it is a triangle pointing down from his eye. He always stands strait up and stiff as a board. His slender build is often masked by the jet black cloak he wheres. His clock goes from his shoulders down to his ankles. A part of his cloak right down the center, connected at the top, allows him free mobility. On the back of hos cloak is a symbol of a sun*. His constant blank yet stern expression is what is always on his face. He always, always caries his sword with him.

Personality: Darksun has emotion he realy does, he just never shows it. The only sign he will ever give of his current mood is an intensifying of his glare, symbolizing anger or being upset by something. He is generaly quiet, but that doesnt mean he won't voice his mind when he feels it to be appropriate.

History: (Hahahaha! Like I would tell you that!)

*if you want a visual refference you should go to google and type in "magic the gathering white mana" and go to images.
Critique time.

Hate to shoot you down, but right off the bat your character does not fit this RP genera at all. Aside from being a panther, the cloak, tattoo, sword, unmentioned age and history don’t make him suitable for the setting.

Also, I’ve already had to explain to Esper how I want things involving magic to be kept to a minimum to keep people from getting the wrong idea and power-RPing with their characters. Yours as it is right now seems very open to that possibility.

Either you may rethink your character to be more fitting to this RPG, or you can try joining another. I know Exotic Acres allows animals like panthers.
Roarin wrote:Greetings! I was wondering if i could join too? If there are still slots open.
Right now, yes there are. Post a character profile to be approved and get started if your interested.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Awesome! Thanks. Lets see...

Name: Trigger Jackson

Character Type: Main

Species: Greenland Husky

Appearance: About 4ft 8. Bright Green eyes. Muddy brown fur. His muzzle, front of neck and stomach fur is white and his head fur is slightly spiked He has a rugged worn down brown collar and a tag in the shape of a bullseye (the red circle in the white circle in the red circle in the...). He is usually seen wearing large orange headphones around his neck or over his ears.

Personality: Calm, cool, and collected (most of the time). Trigger lives life at his own pace. Adjusting his tempo from time to time to fit his environment. He has a tendency to stick his nose where it shouldn't belong. He finds himself in trouble alot of the time. In tight situations he relies on his improvisation, agility, and silver tongued speech. Around others he acts optimistic and upbeat. Trigger doesn't like showing any weaknesses. He doesn't skip a beat when it comes to helping a friend, but has trouble accepting help from others. His free time is usually spent exploring, and listening to music (ranging from oldies to heavy metal and everything in between). He is sometimes found reading.

Other Notes: Quick Background - Trigger used to live in another town. Him and his dad moved to this city because it was pet friendly. He doesn't spend that much time at home and his dad is usually busy at work.

SPECIAL:
S- 4 "I could help you move that. I think..."
P- 8 "You need to work on your hiding skills"
E- 5 "Im.. *huff* not... *huff* tired..."
C- 9 "But see, if you look at it from my perspective. We all win."
I- 6 "E = mc what?"
A- 7 "Defying gravity. Kinda..."
L- 4 "I've had better days..."

Ref Ref!
Thouhastbinpwnd

Sorry 'bout that, I want to make it is odvious that Darksun can NOT preform magic of any kind. Also I am still in the process of finishing him, so just give me a sec.
Thouhastbinpwnd

Just updated character! Check it out!
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Alright, you didn’t change a single thing I noted as being undesirable for the RPG. All you did was add another distasteful detail concerning your character’s back story.

Please let me reiterate this.
D-Singer wrote:Aside from being a panther, the cloak, tattoo, sword, and unmentioned age don’t make him suitable for the setting.

Either you may rethink your character to be more fitting to this RPG, or you can try joining another. I know Exotic Acres allows animals like panthers.
When I said “rethink your character to be more fitting”, I guess I should have been more clear.

Scratch the details I quoted above as being unfitting. If you want to get approved for RPing in this room, I suggest you make your character a pet (As in a domestic animal with an owner like a dog or cat). Clothing (Like a cloak) is unusual but may be permitted if the character is eccentric or has a legit need for it. I’ve already covered how tattoos ‘don’t work on fur’ in this OOC if you care to read a few pages back. As for the sword, forget it. Unless the character you’re playing is a stray, police dog, or just overtly paranoid I’m highly biased against weapons being a casual detail of theirs (especially large, obsolete weapons).
Thouhastbinpwnd wrote: History: Draksun belongs to a secretive order called the Ghost Hunters. The sole purpose of the hunters is to track down and exterminate any and all paranormal beasts. Every member has a name that they have chosen to be known as, hence Darksun.
No. This would be plainly open to abuse. Unless you’re bringing up the ‘SPC foundation’ or ‘The Organization’ I don’t want to hear about any secret orders/groups made solely for character background.
Roarin wrote:Awesome! Thanks. Lets see...

Name: Trigger Jackson

Character Type: Main

Species: Greenland Husky

Appearance: About 4ft 8. Bright Green eyes. Muddy brown fur. His muzzle, front of neck and stomach fur is white and his head fur is slightly spiked He has a rugged worn down brown collar and a tag in the shape of a bullseye (the red circle in the white circle in the red circle in the...). He is usually seen wearing large orange headphones around his neck or over his ears.

Personality: Calm, cool, and collected (most of the time). Trigger lives life at his own pace. Adjusting his tempo from time to time to fit his environment. He has a tendency to stick his nose where it shouldn't belong. He finds himself in trouble alot of the time. In tight situations he relies on his improvisation, agility, and silver tongued speech. Around others he acts optimistic and upbeat. Trigger doesn't like showing any weaknesses. He doesn't skip a beat when it comes to helping a friend, but has trouble accepting help from others. His free time is usually spent exploring, and listening to music (ranging from oldies to heavy metal and everything in between). He is sometimes found reading.

Other Notes: Quick Background - Trigger used to live in another town. Him and his dad moved to this city because it was pet friendly. He doesn't spend that much time at home and his dad is usually busy at work.

SPECIAL:
S- 4 "I could help you move that. I think..."
P- 8 "You need to work on your hiding skills"
E- 5 "Im.. *huff* not... *huff* tired..."
C- 9 "But see, if you look at it from my perspective. We all win."
I- 6 "E = mc what?"
A- 7 "Defying gravity. Kinda..."
L- 4 "I've had better days..."
I see no problems. You may begin.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Cool. So... Whats happening in the RP right now?

Ref Ref!
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Zaya, Skya, and Plamen are downtown in an abandoned school building. Cruiser and Iudex are deep in the west suburbs near the woods at Iudex’s manor. Matthias, Selina, Soren, and Marcus are in still in an unidentified condemned building in downtown Edge near the K9 training center (btw, you guys need to move along with that or I’m gonna start introducing Slendy again myself). Reno is in a pet shop. Inky and Willow just passed by said pet shop and are now heading to a bakery.

Read the last few pages of the RP for specifics.

Right now I’d suggest having Trigger meet with Reno in the pet shop since he’s all by himself at the moment.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ok. I will do that. Thanks!

Ref Ref!
Thouhastbinpwnd

Alright, I understand, I must have misunderstood what this thread was about.... A thousand pardons.
I will make a new charecter, one that fits the RP.

Quick question, if my character were to have a insect companion could said companion speak and interact like a normal pet?

If the answer is yes I will be sure to make a sheet for it.

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent reply, you may use the edit button in your post's upper-right corner.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

You mean like Okami Ammaterasu?

No. I don't like the idea of talking bugs.

I think maybe you should look at the profiles of the players already in the RP, and thoroughly read up on what's mentioned concerning the premise and theme of this RPG.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote:You mean like Okami Ammaterasu?

No. I don't like the idea of talking bugs.

I think maybe you should look at the profiles of the players already in the RP, and thoroughly read up on what's mentioned concerning the premise and theme of this RPG.

Rick did a list of all the changed animals, but i don't remember where it is..but if i remember rightly..
Pawed animals can talk and stood up to walk on there hind legs.
Hooved animals can talk, but are still on all fours.
Birds can talk, an have hand feathers, but are still otherwise normal.
Seals an sealions can talk but are otherwise normal.
Dolphins, killer whales can talk, but are otherwise normal.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Thouhastbinpwnd

Okay, no talking insects, got it. Thanks
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Seth, Coatl_Ruu, RandomGeekNamedBrent, and The Moon Howler razgriz.

Where are you guys? If you don’t get your characters out of the building sooner or later, we’re going to end up assuming the Slenderman abducted Marcus, Selina, Matthias, and Soren.

Do you guys need any help?
Last edited by D-Singer on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I'm here and waiting on them.... NOT ABDUCTED YET.
The Moon Howler

Posted and waiting for you or Leaf

My RP Characters
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

To Roarin and Wolvenpaw.

You guys need to slow down your posting rate a little. You’re leaving little chance for other RPers to interact with your characters. I know Construction Boot’s character Inky was in the bakery and wasn’t even noticed. (It's bad enough Inky’s already been left for dead once by Willow) :x .

Where are you Luna werewolf?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Whoops, sorry. I think i mentioned Inky in a post, but didn't wait for a response. If it ever happens again I'll be sure to slow down and incorporate them. Again, my bad. Thanks for the heads up D-Singer, and sorry Construction Boots! if it's any consolation, Reno and Trigger are in the library, Inky could join us there (if that's ok with Wolven).

Ref Ref!