Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Coatl_Ruu

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

razgriz wrote:"Alright, lets find a window, we can climb down then," Soren said, "as soon as we find the way towards the outter edges of the building."
"Ooh.. nevermind my thing, I like that idea," Matthias said with a grin. "Who needs stairs? Where we're goin', we don't need no stinkin' stairs." The retriever held up a finger and started to rummage through his backpack again. After a few moments he pulled out, bizarrely, a small disposable camera. "I've got six shots left on this one, and abandoned buildings can make for some cool pictures." Matthias swept the beam of the flashlight between himself and the others, his tail starting to wag in a manner that seemed completely unsuited to the current situation. "Welp, let's get going!" Their ordeal in the staircase was already being pushed from his thoughts. This was just another adventure in a creepy abandoned building. No biggie.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:"What's this place? An office or something?" Plamen asked as they entered the room/
"Maybe, but I'm not very sure." Skya said in the same hushed tone she had in the hallway as she looked around the room. "Like I said, I've never been here before. Sorry that I don't know where we are." She added, putting her ears down. She hated feeling like she was a let down, HATED it.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Plamen put a paw on Skya's shoulder "It's okay, Skya. There's no way anyone could know the place he or she lives in on 100 percent." the shepherd smiled "Take this as an opportunity to learn more about your town."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Esper wrote:Iudex completed the symbol and jolted from the void, closing the door tight behind him, "What do you mean, 'What are you doing.' I was sealing the door so the demon wouldn't follow us." Iudex spoke cooly, stepping next to Cruiser, "So, Cruiser, what shall we do now? Would you like to come to my home? To sort out this event over tea." he said as he put his chalk back into his satchel
Cruiser gave Iudex a funny look. One of both utter disbelief and slight confusion. They’d likely just escaped certain death from a demon and this cat appeared totally unfazed. Since when are any cats that brave?

“First off, I prefer soda. Second, I could be wrong of course, but there are two other pups I was with in there who’re now alone and trapped with “Mr. Tall Suited & Scary”. Listen, I’m a security dog; either I have to go in there and bring them out, or at least make sure they made it out. Since you seem to know so much about this, why don’t you tell me how to do that without crossing that thing again?”

--

Zaya stumbled as she lightly treaded through the front office of the building. This old school...she knew about what had happened to it, and that’s was caused her to fear so. She had heard the faint voices of her friends, echoing through the many hallways. But their distant echo, with the many jammed doors and blocked paths made finding them difficult, and she dared not call out for them knowing full well the danger she could attract. Especially now that she was without her iron cross...

What she’d seen earlier...that form of a dog...there was no mistaking. He was in this building with her friends. She had to find them, and where that dog had come from before they did. It was just poor luck that the batteries of her flashlight were nearly dead, and that she hadn’t brought along her crank flashlight instead. The shimmering orange flame of the steel match in her paw was all that lit the way...
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex saw the odd face, but once again he ignored it, "Well, I'm sure my father and I have some soda somewhere." He touched his tag, "And I'm sure your friends are fine, but," Iudex turned around and gazed deeply into his tag/Scrying mirror, then turned back around,"You cannot go back in. That tall demon wanted you, and so long as you're in that building, you are going to wind up back in that void." Iudex touched Cruiser's shoulder and had a concerned in his eyes, "I won't be able to come and save you, it's not exactly like I know how to break into that evil space."
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser backed a little, his eyes had gotten a little bigger at what Iudex had explained. “Now, when you say it...wants me...what exactly does that entail?”

“Does this mean those kids in there are going to be alright? It’s not going to kill them or anything is it? Will they be fine so long as they just find a way out?”
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex sighed, "It wanted to take you, but now you're with me, he knows that you aren't fair game." he held his own shoulder, "And yes, they shall be fine, I can assure you." he took a breath, "We should really be away from this place, just because I sealed the door doesn't mean that he won't become tenatious and come after the both of us."
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser took a deep breath, then exhaled. “Alright let’s go...” Cruiser immediately began walking, then suddenly realized...

“Uhh, actually, see that building right across the street there? I have training courses there later today...could that be a problem?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
razgriz wrote:"Alright, lets find a window, we can climb down then," Soren said, "as soon as we find the way towards the outter edges of the building."
"Ooh.. nevermind my thing, I like that idea," Matthias said with a grin. "Who needs stairs? Where we're goin', we don't need no stinkin' stairs." The retriever held up a finger and started to rummage through his backpack again. After a few moments he pulled out, bizarrely, a small disposable camera. "I've got six shots left on this one, and abandoned buildings can make for some cool pictures." Matthias swept the beam of the flashlight between himself and the others, his tail starting to wag in a manner that seemed completely unsuited to the current situation. "Welp, let's get going!" Their ordeal in the staircase was already being pushed from his thoughts. This was just another adventure in a creepy abandoned building. No biggie.
Marcus just stared at Matthias for a second before shasing after him and grabbing his shoulder,
dude,you don't want to spend any more time in this building than you have to, there's some...I duuno, some thing that doesn't want us here. Show me where those stairs were, I'm getting out now!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Your eyes could have been playing tricks on you."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Your eyes could have been playing tricks on you."
You can take that chance I'm certainly not going to
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Hmm...I don't believe that this visit will interfere with anything./color]" Iudex tugged Cruiser in the direction of his house, "However, I would not come back here for at least 24 hours, so the demon can forget about you."

Iudex pulled what would appear to be a cell phone from his satchel, then typed up a message into it. He tugged Cruiser to a street corner, to a luxurious car, "Cruiser, I have called my dad here to give us a ride," He looked sheepish, "I don't exactly know my way around here yet." Iudex opened the car door and sat down, patting the seat next to himself
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:Plamen put a paw on Skya's shoulder "It's okay, Skya. There's no way anyone could know the place he or she lives in on 100 percent." the shepherd smiled "Take this as an opportunity to learn more about your town."
Skya quietly nodded to Plamen's comforting before looking around the room, noticing a glow that seemed to be coming from a computer monitor. "Wait, wha-" She started before cutting herself off as she started going to where the light was coming from. "Sure enough." She said as she jumped up and rearranged everything so she could use the computer that was somehow on.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

"What is this? How does this computer even work?" Plamen asked with a hushed tone
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"If I had to take a guess, I'd say either the Windows Two-thousand or the Windows Ninety-eight OS, but the other question is a good one." Skya said as she brought up the computer's start menu. "Mind watching the door?" She asked as she reached up to her collar and pulled out a red and a blue USB drive.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

"No problem, just be brief, this place starts to creep me out." Plamen whispered and moved to a location from which he could see both Skya and the door.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:"No problem, just be brief, this place starts to creep me out." Plamen whispered and moved to a location from which he could see both Skya and the door.
"Trust me on this Plamen, I intend to work as fast as this thing will let me, but probably even the hardware is outdated." Skya said as she put her red USB drive into a USB port on the back of the computer. "I'm suprised it even has USB ports." She admitted as she looked to Plamen, a worried look stuck on her face.
Love me right now! Done.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Your eyes could have been playing tricks on you."
You can take that chance I'm certainly not going to

"Well, I'm just going to find a window or the roof," Sorren said, starting to walk in a direction, "because if we stand here, we're as good as dead anyway."
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Construction Boots wrote:Inky just stood there listening to what the cat had to say, and it all seemed very sad to him, so he got an idea. Turning at the waist Inky looked around checking his surroundings then turned so to look at the cat once more.

"Well if you like I could take you back to my owner's bakery and get you something to eat."

Inky was quick to look at the cats fur over before giving any thought towards reaching his paw out to this black cat after all he could be dirty and Inky would not have his self being stained by another.
"Yeah. That could be nice." Said willow.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

"Alright then, please follow me."

Turning his back towards the cat Inky started walking at a swift pace. It wasn't a run or jagging pace just a very rapid walk as if he had some place to be but did not want to run. As for the broom, he kept it close to his self as he went about leading the cat back to the bakery.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:"Trust me on this Plamen, I intend to work as fast as this thing will let me, but probably even the hardware is outdated." Skya said as she put her red USB drive into a USB port on the back of the computer. "I'm suprised it even has USB ports." She admitted as she looked to Plamen, a worried look stuck on her face.
"Simple upgrades..." Plamen mumbled "Don't look at me, focus on the computer!"

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Hey, don't get your collar in a knot, I'm waiting on a prompt for the software update that supports my USB drive." Skya said with a bit of venom in her voice. "I don't like being here any more than you, but I want to figure out why this computer works and save it to my USB drive if I can. How often do you think you come by something like this?" She asked as she clicked on the prompt that came up without reading it.
Love me right now! Done.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

razgriz wrote:"Well, I'm just going to find a window or the roof," Sorren said, starting to walk in a direction, "because if we stand here, we're as good as dead anyway."
Matthias followed after Soren with a confused expression and his head cocked to one side. He still carried the flashlight and the camera. "Um. Kay. Mind tellin' us what's going on? This place isn't that run-down, it's not like it's going to collapse on us." He jogged for a few steps to come up alongside Soren. "I mean, the floors are rotted out in some places, and there's probable asbesto-whatever all over the place, but ... oh, I guess this is pretty dangerous." Matt fell silent for a few moments. It didn't last long. "Sooo... back to that first thing, what happened to you guys?"
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:"Hey, don't get your collar in a knot, I'm waiting on a prompt for the software update that supports my USB drive." Skya said with a bit of venom in her voice. "I don't like being here any more than you, but I want to figure out why this computer works and save it to my USB drive if I can. How often do you think you come by something like this?" She asked as she clicked on the prompt that came up without reading it.
"I've been in enough situations like this to be worried." he replied shortly and sharply, yet unintentionally, still focused on his watch.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Really?" Skya asked. "Mind telling me about it when we're safe?" She asked as she started to open both the local files and her USB drive. The computer had complied much faster than she'd expected and soon she was copying files from the computer to the USB device she'd plugged in.
Love me right now! Done.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Coatl_Ruu wrote: Matthias followed after Soren with a confused expression and his head cocked to one side. He still carried the flashlight and the camera. "Um. Kay. Mind tellin' us what's going on? This place isn't that run-down, it's not like it's going to collapse on us." He jogged for a few steps to come up alongside Soren. "I mean, the floors are rotted out in some places, and there's probable asbesto-whatever all over the place, but ... oh, I guess this is pretty dangerous." Matt fell silent for a few moments. It didn't last long. "Sooo... back to that first thing, what happened to you guys?"
"Well, we saw this place's door was open, Cruiser said it never had been, so, we explored," Soren said, going back over their little adventure so far. "We ran into the scariest thing ever and tried to run from it. Eventually we hid and then came out to find it was kind of gone... but so was cruiser. Then we found you guys." As he said this, he was sweeping his light across the area in front of him looking for the typically large, 'EMERGENCY EXIT HERE' signs.
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:"Really?" Skya asked. "Mind telling me about it when we're safe?" She asked as she started to open both the local files and her USB drive. The computer had complied much faster than she'd expected and soon she was copying files from the computer to the USB device she'd plugged in.
"Maybe" Plamen replied "Maybe not. This part of my life is better to remain in the past."

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Alright, I'll let you keep your secrets." Skya said. "But I expect the same treatment. If I say I don't want to talk about it, no pressing, agreed?" She asked as she set the computer to copy all the files under "Documents" to her USB device.
Love me right now! Done.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“.....”

Cruiser thought about his situation. There was really no denying what’d just happened. That’d he had in had been trapped in the darkness itself by a demon resembling a business man, and if not for the help of some random cat, would probably still be there.

Still, to evade it happening again would mean ditching his training courses for the day, which would affect his overall performance grades, especially in obedience. On top of that, his owner would end up receiving a call later on by his trainer and being notified of his absence, and would have to explain himself. The young shepherd glanced nervously from the training center and the building he’d just escaped from.

Just then it hit Cruiser like a rock on the head. His little security DVR had been ON since the minute he walked into that building with Soren and Marcus. He must have recorded the entire incident! He quickly ripped the tiny black device from the Velcro patch on his collar to see the light on it indicating low battery power. “YES!!!” He mentally yipped with glee and relief, he had proof of everything! He turned off the little video recorded and pressed it back onto his collar.

Back to Iudex and his offer for a ride in a rather nice looking car, he decided to go for it. Despite being really eccentric, on top of being a cat, he trusted himself with the decision to take a ride from a total stranger. “Y’know, sure. I could give you some points and details on the city in exchange for helping me out.” He hopped in next to Iudex. “So you’re new to here right? Where exactly around here did you move to?”
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:"Alright, I'll let you keep your secrets." Skya said. "But I expect the same treatment. If I say I don't want to talk about it, no pressing, agreed?" She asked as she set the computer to copy all the files under "Documents" to her USB device.
"Deal!" was Plamen's short answer. His expression was serious, yet the bad kind of serious.

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno dusted of his apron, smiling at it, it was red with a big paw print on the chest, nothing special. But it wasn't the apron he was smiling at, it was what the apron showed that he was smiling at, that he worked at this pet shop, it showed he was a working dog, that he made his own money, that he CAN take care of himself. "I love the job but... its a bit slow..." his smile faded into a look of boredom, he had nothing to do, he wanted at least one costomer to come in, he blushed as he thought about the cute cat he had met not long ago, "I would love to see him again..."
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Construction Boots wrote:"Alright then, please follow me."

Turning his back towards the cat Inky started walking at a swift pace. It wasn't a run or jagging pace just a very rapid walk as if he had some place to be but did not want to run. As for the broom, he kept it close to his self as he went about leading the cat back to the bakery.
Willow followed the bunny nervously to the bakery, having to jog to keep up.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Deal!" was Plamen's short answer. His expression was serious, yet the bad kind of serious.
Skya sat silently waiting for the files to copy over, which surprising for the amount of files were in the transfer, went by pretty quick. As it finished, Skya reached back and pulled it out of the computer. "That was... fast..." She said with a confused look painted on her face. "If possible, we're coming back for this computer." She added as she slid off from where she was to the ground.
Love me right now! Done.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex could see the initial concern in Cruiser's face, but once again disregarded it. Once Cruiser had taken his seat in the black leather and red velvet interior of the car, a tall man with perfect paper white skin, fair shoulder-length blonde hair, and perfectly shaped features turned his head back from the driver's seat and said, "I am Iudex's father, Lucius. Fo not worry about your training session, I have already taken care of that, Iudex told me of your dismay. Now let us be off, to our home!" Lucius smiled and began to drive.

"My dad bought this big house outside of the city, out in some wooded area." Iudex spoke cooly as he pulled a thermos from his satchel, tapped it three times and drank from it, "This is some good herbal tea." Iudex offered some to Cruiser.

Eventually they arrived at Iudex's house, a large, luxurious chateau with a small cemetery at its side, surrounded by dense, dark forrest . Iudex and Lucius got out from the car, "This is my home, Cruiser." Iudex said as he walked to the front door of his home
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser, once again feeling confused, blinked a few times at the rather classy looking man in the front seat. He opened his mouth to say something but instantly withdrew the question from his mind and shut it. ‘Taken care of his training’? As in like, excused? That made no sense at all to him. The only people who could excuse him from his classes were either his owner, or one of his trainers. Cruiser assumed this person, Iudex’s owner, was just as inexplicable as the animal he befriended. “Yes, well...thank you. That’s saving me a whole lot of headache.”

As the car made its way through Edge, Cruiser began to notice that they were following one of the main roads out to the west suburbs, into the thickly wooded forest and nature preserve. Cruiser sighed at Iudex’s offer of tea. Despite not being a big fan of the tame beverage, he took it anyway out of politeness. The calm mannerisms and hospitality, beginning to remind him of his friend Zaya...

--

Zaya could hear the voices of her friends again. With almost cat-like stealth, she continued her search for them through the dark. The reminder of what she’d seen had made her very antsy, but quelled her emotions as she neared another door.

Do not fear. Fear feeds them...

The unnerving visage of a dog-like entity flashed into her mind again. Holding the permanent match up to the door handle for light she took hold and twisted the knob. It’s was jammed. But she could hear her friends on just the other side!

Zaya lightly rapped on the door. “Skya! Plamen! Please! Are you there?” She said in an alert but hushed tone.

--

After finishing the rather bland drink, Cruiser gazed out the car’s window upon the home of Iudex and his owner. The sight was stunning. “Geez, this guy must be loaded...I wonder if he’d ever need any security hired way out here...”

He stepped out along with Lucius and Iudex, further admiring the chateau and its surrounding details. “Dang…” he muttered in mild surprise. If it wasn’t for the ominous, dark barrier of towering trees encircling the area, he probably wouldn’t mind a few nights stay.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno's eyes and ears perked up as he saw Willow run by the front window of the pet shop "I wonder where hes off to... And who was that ahead of him... I could go see but..." his ears fell back "I might get in trouble for leaving my shift early..." he shook his head "Maybe they'll come by here...." he smiled to himself
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

As the group entered the manor, Iudex pointed out a few oddities in the coat room, "Be careful, that closet door leads into the attic, directly." he tapped the door frame leading into the rest of the house, "And avoid the top if this frame, you'll take a nasty spark."

They proceeded into the the large parlor, "This house has been in our family since the 1700's." Lucius spoke, leading the pets into the huge kitchen, "The soda is in the refrigerator, Iudex, get some for your guest." he commanded as Iudex did as he was told. Iudex returned with a bottle of orange soda in one hand and a cup of strong smelling tea in the other, "Do you care to see the rest of the house as we discuss this afternoon's incident?" he handed over the soda
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser just nodded as Iudex pointed out the bizarre details of his home. So far; a closet that leads to the attic, and some framework that can shock you. This might well turn out to be like something straight out of Hollywood.

It was an even bigger surprise for him to hear that the manor he was standing in was actually a structure that predated the establishment of the town that eventually grew into Edge. Scratch that. Probably even earlier, before anyone ever even considered the stretching border between the plains and the forest to be suitable for settlement.

Cruiser was already aware of the older homes which were built near the woods when edge was just a small town, but this place...not only was it unknown to him, its very existence was unnerving. Just who would want a manor all the way out here? There was a nagging doubt it was just for the scenery of the forest and its opposing uninterrupted horizon.

Cruiser slowly took the soda and responded to Iudex. “...Sure, let’s do that.” He popped the cap of the soda bottle using one of his front canines and spit it into his paw. A trick he learned from friends at the training center when he was just a pup. After a long swig of the fizzy drink, he looked around again. “So...that guy in the suit. Or whatever it was...what was it exactly?”
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex cringed when Cruiser spit into his paw, but he continued to sip his tea. As they reached the main foyer, Iudex turned to a grand marble staircase, "There is a creature in European folklore similar to the one we have encountered , The Tall Man. He was said to abduct children and kill them, he lived deep in the Forrest and lured his prey with something that they could not resist like candy or money. The only real difference it that this demon wore a business suit, the tall man dressed like a noble."

Iudex walked to the top of the stair case, sipping his tea, "So, Cruiser, what did he tempt you with?" he came to a stop at the top, in front of a massive stained glass window in the same pattern that Iudex had drawn at the door of the abandoned building. A faint blue-ish glow came from down the hallway, along with a feeling of being watched, "Do not hide, Marion." Iudex called to the glow.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

The mention of “The Tall Man” living deep in the forest made Cruiser all the more edgy. They were surrounded by miles of forest on one side, just outside the walls of the manor. As for what Slendy had used to get him and his two friends into that building...Cruiser thought back. At the same time paying almost no heed to the blue glow coming from down the hall.

“The building that we walked out of...I guess curiosity just got the best of me after I saw that one of its exits wasn’t chained up. The place had been sealed up and condemned for a long time from what I’ve heard. Long before I got here anyways. But looking back on it, it might have been just some kids or a vandal with bolt-cutters who opened it up, looking for a place to loot through...”

“But that doesn’t exactly explain the tall guy. You say he’d abduct children...does that also include dogs?”