Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Seth »

Trust me, we need to get out of here ASAP. I'll take my chances with the stairs.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matthias cast an uneasy glance at Selina. "Alright, your call. Back this way." He stepped back out into the hall and shone the dim beam of his flashlight back the way they'd come.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"If we can get enough rope, cord or conduit, we can repel down or maybe use a low level fire escape," Soren said, looking at the strange cat. This was new.

OOC: Soren had opened the door, twasn't ajar, but otherwise, all else is right..
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Watch for the guitar!" Plamed warned before throwing his guitar through the window, following shortly. Once inside he turned to the cat "Just sure you don't annoy me too much with that..."
Skya had quickly grabbed the guitar out of the air and pulled it back to herself, stepping to the side of the window. "I don't plan on overdoing it, but I will poke at ya." She said once Plamen was in. "Now lets find a way to the roof, since she's probably going to be looking through the alleyways." She added as she put the guitar's strap over her shoulder.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

"Got it!" Plamen replied.
When Skya put the guitar over her shoulder he commented "It suits you well."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Thanks, guess I should learn to play and get my own then." Skya said as she started to walk across the room. "And careful, I think even Zaya hasn't been in here before, and that's saying something." She added as she looked both ways down the hall, unsure which way to go.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

"You're the one familiar with the possible surroundings. You lead, I'll follow." Plamen said "Also, someone have to watch our backs."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Truth be told... Zaya knows the city better than I do." Skya said stepping out into the hall and heading to the left. "I don't even know this area, so it's pretty much the same as you leading us as it is with me leading." She admitted, sounding more than a little bummed at her own statement.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

"Meh... happens sometimes" Plamen said with a smile, looking around. "We should be safe for now." He once again turned to the cat "Also, on a personal note: what can you tell me about Zaya?"

My RP Characters
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Esper wrote:Iudex languidly turned his head back to Cruiser, "Me? My name is Iudex..." He turned all the way around, "And if I told you how I know anything about this, you wouldn't belive me. You ran and didn't find anything simple because you were running in the wrong direction." Iudex touched his tag, "And I did see a way out." he coughed a bit, "The reasons you can only see me ar , A:There is nothing else around, and B:I am casting away the shadows with a small trifle of a spell." Iudex turned once more, "You better move if you want to be away from this aweful void."
Cruiser sniffed at the scentless air. He already didn’t like his new company, not that he really liked cats in general at any rate. But it was either he followed this nonsense spewing feline and hopefully escape the dark, or simply blow him off and keep blindly running. He chose the latter.

Without any further questioning of the weird explanation concerning ‘a trifle spell’, Cruiser followed the mystic pet. “Alright Iudex, anyplace is better than here anyways. If you know the way, I’ll tag along. Name’s Cruiser by the way.”

“Iudex...What a weird name...” He thought to himself.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"A pleasure to meet you, Cruiser..." Iudex trailed and took a sharp right, walking into the blackness. He could tell that Cruiser was not comfortable with him, but this did not bother Iudex.
They continued to walk for quite some time, but Iudex remained silent, wondering how he had gotten into the void, "Cruiser, how exactly did you enter this space?" he asked.
As they walked, Iudex's light grew brighter, "You see how the light is getting stronger? It means that we're very close to the exit, the void is weaker towards that point..." at that point, Iudex came upon a door, clearly labeled, "PUSH"...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Meh... happens sometimes" Plamen said with a smile, looking around. "We should be safe for now." He once again turned to the cat "Also, on a personal note: what can you tell me about Zaya?"
"We're not safe until we're in a stairwell." Skya said as she continued leftward down the hall, looking across the floor for anything hazardous. "And what could I tell you about Zaya that she couldn't answer for herself?" She asked, trying to avoid giving away anything Zaya might want to keep secret. "Also, can you see?"
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

razgriz wrote:"If we can get enough rope, cord or conduit, we can repel down or maybe use a low level fire escape," Soren said, looking at the strange cat. This was new.
"I... doubt we'll find anything like that. But a fire escape sounds like a good plan."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Actually, the building is full of the stuff," Soren said, "its just a matter of us getting our hands on it... Which admittedly does take a while.. We'll keep that for plan C." He shined his flashlight around, searching for signs saying 'exit'.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Esper wrote:"A pleasure to meet you, Cruiser..." Iudex trailed and took a sharp right, walking into the blackness. He could tell that Cruiser was not comfortable with him, but this did not bother Iudex.
They continued to walk for quite some time, but Iudex remained silent, wondering how he had gotten into the void, "Cruiser, how exactly did you enter this space?" he asked.
As they walked, Iudex’s light grew brighter, "You see how the light is getting stronger? It means that we're very close to the exit, the void is weaker towards that point..." at that point, Iudex came upon a door, clearly labeled, "PUSH"...
“How did I get here? *sigh* Let’s see...First, me and some buddies of mine went to check out this locked up building at the park. The doors were open (which was weird cause’ they’ve always been chained up) so we went inside. After finding nothing unusual we try to leave. This faceless monster shows up and blocks the way out, and then we’re running for our lives, cause’ there’s no way in hell the thing was human. We hid inside a closet. After a little while longer, I heard voices and went out to investigate. The last thing I heard was the closet door sliding shut not three feet behind me. It took me a marathon of blind running to figure out I’m no longer in that stupid building.”

Cruiser explained the entire incident as he tailed the Iudex, noticing that he was following some kind of unseen path, the light around him growing slightly brighter with each minute. The void has a weak point? The answer came with the discovery of a doorway with “PUSH” labeled in the handle. “No Way...” Cruiser muttered, completely astounded.

He tried to get a closer look at the door. It was just like one of the scratched up emergency exits he saw back in the abandoned building. Had he ever really left the place? The door itself appeared to be the only thing that stood proud in the dark void. “Whew...Didn’t see that coming. I was half expecting you to lead me off a ledge and into a ring of light or something...If this really is the way out, thanks cat-...erm...I mean Iudex…”

Cruise reached out to the door, but he second his paw made contact with the handle, he heard something which made his hackles stand on end like razors. It was the unmistakable screeching of sirens. The sound was distant, yet it seemed to be quickly growing louder, like a speedily approaching police vehicle.

Cruiser quickly pressed on the door, but just like the ones in the old building, it felt stuck...
Last edited by D-Singer on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex silently took in the information that Cruiser gave him. As the pair came to the door, Iudex heard the screeches, and his fur raised on end, "Cruiser, something is coming, something that wants us gone..." Iudex spoke clearly as a long shadow interrupted his mystic light, "I'm going to blast open the door. When I do, I want you to run through, away from this. I will meet you outside soon..." With that Iudex held his paw to the door and mumbled an incantation, then the door shot open, spraying bright light into the void, revealing the park, revealing a slender figure waiting in the dark. Iudex shoved Cruiser through the door and drew an elaborate symbol on the ground in chalk, he than retreated through the door as well.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:"Actually, the building is full of the stuff," Soren said, "its just a matter of us getting our hands on it... Which admittedly does take a while.. We'll keep that for plan C." He shined his flashlight around, searching for signs saying 'exit'.
Let's just go! We need to get out of here and figure out what the #### happened to Cruiser. And I dont want to be in here with whatever that.....that....Guy was
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:"We're not safe until we're in a stairwell." Skya said as she continued leftward down the hall, looking across the floor for anything hazardous. "And what could I tell you about Zaya that she couldn't answer for herself?" She asked, trying to avoid giving away anything Zaya might want to keep secret. "Also, can you see?"
"What kind of question is that?" Plamen asked, focused on watching their backs "What is it there to see?"

My RP Characters
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

Wandering around the many streets of the large city the rabbit held the handle of a broom in both paws which he worked from right to left pushing whatever was collected by the brooms' brush into the storm drain of the street. Where it could be collected by street sweepers or washed away by the rain. It did not really matter to Inky about how it was removed, only that it was removed and therefore, the sidewalk was clean.

He had been at this for a while now having started only after the sun had first appeared in the sky so to melt away any of the frost. Which with the frost no longer there it made cleaning so much easier for him to work.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Construction Boots wrote:Wandering around the many streets of the large city the rabbit held the handle of a broom in both paws which he worked from right to left pushing whatever was collected by the brooms' brush into the storm drain of the street. Where it could be collected by street sweepers or washed away by the rain. It did not really matter to Inky about how it was removed, only that it was removed and therefore, the sidewalk was clean.

He had been at this for a while now having started only after the sun had first appeared in the sky so to melt away any of the frost. Which with the frost no longer there it made cleaning so much easier for him to work.
Willow noticed the bunny abosorbed in cleaning the roads, and he desided to say hello.

"Hello?"
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:"What kind of question is that?" Plamen asked, focused on watching their backs "What is it there to see?"
"I mean with the lighting, genius." Skya said, throwing an unamused look over her shoulder. "I thought all those boards, walls, and doors would make it too dark for you to see." She added to try and get a better answer, continuing down the hallway.
Love me right now! Done.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
razgriz wrote:"Actually, the building is full of the stuff," Soren said, "its just a matter of us getting our hands on it... Which admittedly does take a while.. We'll keep that for plan C." He shined his flashlight around, searching for signs saying 'exit'.
Let's just go! We need to get out of here and figure out what the #### happened to Cruiser. And I dont want to be in here with whatever that.....that....Guy was
"Alright, lets find a way out," Soren said, just continuing to look around. "Anyone know what floor we're on... I think second... but, in our terror I might have missed something."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I think second too, but... I may have lost tra... wait, what guy? and who's Cruiser?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser dove into the doorway the second he saw the blinding light of day shine through. The relief and reassurance he felt was immense, yet he knew in the back of his head that he’d escaped only by the skin of his teeth from the grasp of something demonic.

His vision was slightly impaired from the sudden transition from the endless darkness to the bright sunlight, but upon turning around he could see the door was still open. Just beyond its threshold was the terrifying visage of the slim, suited monster, and the cat that’d just saved his skin (who appeared to be scribbling something on the ground for whatever reason). His security training told him to return the favor and haul that pet out of there before that monstrosity got any closer, but simply gazing back at the darkness and that suited form contrasting against it made his body seize with fear.

“H-Hey! What are you doing!? Get out of there!”
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I think second too, but... I may have lost tra... wait, what guy? and who's Cruiser?"
I'll tell you when we get outside. Right now I just need you guys to trust us and show us the way out.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Construction Boots

Pushing along one of his many small piles of dirt Inky came to a dead stop as he heard someone speak in his direction. He just froze there staring down for a what felt like minutes before looking up from the pile of dirt towards the cat that had spoken to him. On the other hand, he assumed the cat had spoken to him after all the cat was right there in front of him was it not? He didn't know what to say in return at first after all most people just went around him but now some pet wanted to talk.

"Hi, how may I help you?"

As Inky just stood there staring at the black furred cat a slight smile stretched across his muzzle. The smell of baked goods could easily be picked up from his direction along with the fact that the rabbits' coat is very clean as not even a speak of dust could be seen on his feet.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Seth wrote:"I'll tell you when we get outside. Right now I just need you guys to trust us and show us the way out.
Matthias looked at the dog with a slightly confused expression, but eventually shrugged and gestured down the hall. "The stairs were back this way. What's the rush, anyway? I know this is an old building, but still."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex completed the symbol and jolted from the void, closing the door tight behind him, "What do you mean, 'What are you doing.' I was sealing the door so the demon wouldn't follow us." Iudex spoke cooly, stepping next to Cruiser, "So, Cruiser, what shall we do now? Would you like to come to my home? To sort out this event over tea." he said as he put his chalk back into his satchel
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I think second too, but... I may have lost tra... wait, what guy? and who's Cruiser?"
I'll tell you when we get outside. Right now I just need you guys to trust us and show us the way out.
"Alright, lets find a window, we can climb down then," Soren said, "as soon as we find the way towards the outter edges of the building."
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:"I mean with the lighting, genius." Skya said, throwing an unamused look over her shoulder. "I thought all those boards, walls, and doors would make it too dark for you to see." She added to try and get a better answer, continuing down the hallway.
"Oh, you don't worry about that." Plamen grinned "I've managed to escape through darker places than this one. Also, if it gets too dark, I can follow you by scent."

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Well, I'm more worried about the upper floors, since buildings are more beat up as you go higher." Skya said as she looked around a corner into another disturbingly barren hallway. "That's... kinda creepy."
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

"Achoo!" Plamen sneezed "With that amount of dust around, I don't think we'll encounter anyone ..."

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Skya quickly turned to look at Plamen after he sneezed, staring at him for a moment before she started to giggle. After a moment, she just burst out into a full laugh, and started skipping and twirling down the barren hallway.

((OOC: For those wondering, it's not from missing her morning drink(which she got). She's giddy.))
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

Plamen just stood there and watched Skya as she suddenly began to act funny. He waited for a minute or two before he ran up to her and grabbed her, putting a paw on her muzzle
"Be quiet, we're supposed to be stealthy, or do you wish someone to hear us?" he said quietly, his tone showing he won't take "no" as an answer.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Skya struggled a little when Plamen grabbed her, until she realized who it was. "S-sorry, it-*snerk* it's just that *giggle* sneezing ma-*smirk* makes me giddy." She said, showing obvious signs of struggling to keep quiet, grinning like an idiot.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

Plamen put a paw on her muzzle once again
"Hush! the cop might still be after us..."
Suddenly his ears perked up and he lowered his voice so that only the cat could hear him
"You hear that? Heavy steps outside, almost stomping... whoever that is, he doesn't know we're here."

My RP Characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Construction Boots wrote:Pushing along one of his many small piles of dirt Inky came to a dead stop as he heard someone speak in his direction. He just froze there staring down for a what felt like minutes before looking up from the pile of dirt towards the cat that had spoken to him. On the other hand, he assumed the cat had spoken to him after all the cat was right there in front of him was it not? He didn't know what to say in return at first after all most people just went around him but now some pet wanted to talk.

"Hi, how may I help you?"

As Inky just stood there staring at the black furred cat a slight smile stretched across his muzzle. The smell of baked goods could easily be picked up from his direction along with the fact that the rabbits' coat is very clean as not even a speak of dust could be seen on his feet.
Willow didn't know what to say. "Help me? I-i just wanted to say hello. I'm new so I don't really have any friends. I-i had run out of food, so I saw this dog in the window, but I've been standing her for ages and he hasn't come out yet..." Willow notcied his ears were flat on his head, and he forced them to stand up as if he wasn't shy.

Willow's mind had gone blank. The only thoughts that crossed it were stupid thinks like: This bunny smells nice... Like onion rings After thoughts like these, Willow gave himself a very hard mental slap.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Construction Boots

Inky just stood there listening to what the cat had to say, and it all seemed very sad to him, so he got an idea. Turning at the waist Inky looked around checking his surroundings then turned so to look at the cat once more.

"Well if you like I could take you back to my owner's bakery and get you something to eat."

Inky was quick to look at the cats fur over before giving any thought towards reaching his paw out to this black cat after all he could be dirty and Inky would not have his self being stained by another.

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:Plamen put a paw on her muzzle once again
"Hush! the cop might still be after us..."
Suddenly his ears perked up and he lowered his voice so that only the cat could hear him
"You hear that? Heavy steps outside, almost stomping... whoever that is, he doesn't know we're here."
Skya sat still listening to the footsteps for a moment before pushing Plamen's paw off her muzzle. "Am I just going to be battered with movie cliches today?" She asked quietly looking to her side. "This way." She added as she stepped into a room full of computers.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

"What's this place? An office or something?" Plamen asked as they entered the room/

My RP Characters