PF OOC constuction thread

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly: *NEW* OOC Thread-Under construction

Post by Keeshah »

ctcmjh wrote:
Keeshah wrote: With the pets in open revolt, there would be leash laws enacted, curfews, gatherings of no more than 3 or 4 pets together at one time.

The best option is to play it out, an learn from the experience.
If we do keep the current roleplay, then all pets should have to face the consequence of their actions.

Actually i have been working very hard to keep the pets from having to face the consequences of their actions..
Sara knows some of the pets were the ones responciable, but is acting like a defencive lawer an keeping that info to herself, knowing the effect it would have on the whole town if it got out..

Christopher an the sheriff detective believe a human or humans was behind the raid on AC. an the pet were mislead into going there to catch the blame. which in turn will ferret out the corrupt AC members, making all of AC good guys again.

Which also dovetail's into the continuation of Venison's story.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Keeshah wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
Keeshah wrote: With the pets in open revolt, there would be leash laws enacted, curfews, gatherings of no more than 3 or 4 pets together at one time.

The best option is to play it out, an learn from the experience.
If we do keep the current roleplay, then all pets should have to face the consequence of their actions.

Actually i have been working very hard to keep the pets from having to face the consequences of their actions..
Sara knows some of the pets were the ones responciable, but is acting like a defencive lawer an keeping that info to herself, knowing the effect it would have on the whole town if it got out..

Christopher an the sheriff detective believe a human or humans was behind the raid on AC. an the pet were mislead into going there to catch the blame. which in turn will ferret out the corrupt AC members, making all of AC good guys again.

Which also dovetail's into the continuation of Venison's story.
Well, if that does make sense. I just meant that you shouldn't do something bad, then everyone forgets. Doing something to prevent a bad outcome is still dealing with the consequences (IMO).
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:Ebly, I do get what you're saying. I agree with what you're saying. And heck, it's probably the best idea. I'll admit that, occasionally, the thought of, "should I just recommend we scrap this all, and start over?" Why would I think that? Because Ebly is right.
Now I'm getting a bit annoyed. I wasn't saying to restart the roleplay at all. I mean, obviously am against the drama but look at the consensus: people want there to be some degree of drama. Scrapping it is nice but not an option I've considered with any seriousness at all.

And I know I started with a quote, but this post isn't directed only at you, Buck. It's open, directed at everyone.

What I am trying to say is ADMIT THERE IS DRAMA. Don't start over, just be honest about what you want to do so you can get like-minded individuals to have a mutually enjoyable roleplay with. Is that so absurd?

Keesh: You didn't actually specifically counter anything I said, you merely said "Ebly's wrong", so I'm a bit less than inclined to take that seriously. I am posting here because whether or not I like it this muffins and cookies roleplay seems to permeate almost every pore of the community of which I moderate (and one of my best friends runs the roleplay too, so even if it wasn't this prevalent, I'd still end up being involved by association) so I am offering my own two cents for consideration. I say "I think this should be done", not "you must do this or die" - get what I mean?
I would argue that all you have illustrated is another way of looking at the cause of the exact same problem, anyway, and that ultimately it's still an issue that needs resolution. I agree with you that "starting over" won't help in the least. Starting it the first time ended up with this, so how is starting over going to end up any differently? So basically, to repeat myself, I concur that that's not an appropriate solution.

D-Singer: I don't know why (apparently) everyone's complaining, but I suspect it's just the culmination of a creeping problem. Turning the temperature up slowly might deceive the lobster into believing that it's not being boiled, but it still ends up cooked. Similarly, I think the drama has kind of shuffled up slowly, and it's finally getting to the point where people have noticed just how absurd the whole thing is. Keep in mind, as I said, I don't know why people are complaining now. That's just why I think people are complaining.

When everything gets too much, something's got to give, so I don't think it's possible to 'stay' your 'course'. I disagree with a reset for the reasons others have listed before me, and I disagree with removing the roleplay on the sole basis that everyone would perfectly wonderful person like mad instead of getting over it and taking the roleplaying somewhere else. My thought is just to create a new freaking OOC for each neighborhood depicting the reality of the content involved so people can make informed decisions of what they join. As I've said, there's huge differences in the basic reality of RG and RV, however, new roleplayers are immediately sent to RG because RV is "full", and a new neighborhood is being created to shove the new players into because RG is now also "full". I fail to see how that's appropriate.

It's obvious that the players are the problem insofar as that they are what made the roleplay into what it is today. This means that the players are the ones that are needed to fix it. Just establish the pretense of the neighborhoods and the genre explored. This doesn't need a band-aid seal, this needs a re-evaluation of what it is you're muffins and cookies well roleplaying in the first place.

My solution might have been misinterpreted because everyone seems to think it'll mess everything up for their actual roleplaying. I'm not saying make new IC topics. I'm not saying kick people out or shuffle them about against their will. I'm saying make a new OOC for RV and a new OOC for RG (I was against having an OOC for each because I didn't realise they'd end up being as insanely different as they are; there were even ideas for crossovers way back then) with each OOC detailing specifically what the roleplay encompasses. Lock the PF OOC, unless someone wants to make an IC that's true to what PF was so as to give it some use. It wouldn't change anything about the roleplay, but it would direct people and fix this cluster of drama that's come about because of the drama (how poetic).
Informed consent is basically the whole inspiration for my idea. Let people know exactly what it is. Once you have achieved that, you'll get people who actually want to be involved, and those that do not want to be involved will not join. If someone who does not want to be involved stays in the roleplay, they can't honestly complain about it - the basis of the roleplay isn't going to change for just one person, and nothing's stopping them from leaving.

It's freaking simple to me, at least. I'm not saying scrap and restart. I'm not saying to change absolutely everything. "Oh, Ebly's right, let's [unrelated solution]" proves that you're not actually understanding what I'm saying at all. It's kind of a worry for me. I just want you to say what is really going on in the roleplay so people know what they're joining. Then, if nothing is appealing, they can make their freaking own instead of force themselves to put up with something they don't want.

One of the things that annoys me the most is that even though I do not have a character in the roleplay, I still am one of the few people that's putting enough thought into this to try to offer a solution. Why are you all sitting on your hands and nodding or shaking like bobbing dogs? The majority of you seem to agree that there's something wrong but you leave it up to us to figure out what it is and fix it, and then offer a "yes" or a "no" to each of us (and the reasons for agreeing/disagreeing... mostly). It's infuriating.

Urgh, and I get the feeling you guys are coming to some kind of vague conclusion, so in the end this post was just a infinite puppies thing reexplaining my thoughts and getting them out there again, hopefully in a more accessible way this time. I'll stop repeating myself as soon as I'm convinced people actually understand and that I'm not just horrible at explaining things. :P
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Ebly wrote:
Buckdida wrote:Ebly, I do get what you're saying. I agree with what you're saying. And heck, it's probably the best idea. I'll admit that, occasionally, the thought of, "should I just recommend we scrap this all, and start over?" Why would I think that? Because Ebly is right.
Now I'm getting a bit annoyed. I wasn't saying to restart the roleplay at all. I mean, obviously am against the drama but look at the consensus: people want there to be some degree of drama. Scrapping it is nice but not an option I've considered with any seriousness at all.

And I know I started with a quote, but this post isn't directed only at you, Buck. It's open, directed at everyone.

What I am trying to say is ADMIT THERE IS DRAMA. Don't start over, just be honest about what you want to do so you can get like-minded individuals to have a mutually enjoyable roleplay with. Is that so absurd?

Keesh: You didn't actually specifically counter anything I said, you merely said "Ebly's wrong", so I'm a bit less than inclined to take that seriously. I am posting here because whether or not I like it this **** roleplay seems to permeate almost every pore of the community of which I moderate (and one of my best friends runs the roleplay too, so even if it wasn't this prevalent, I'd still end up being involved by association) so I am offering my own two cents for consideration. I say "I think this should be done", not "you must do this or die" - get what I mean?
I would argue that all you have illustrated is another way of looking at the cause of the exact same problem, anyway, and that ultimately it's still an issue that needs resolution. I agree with you that "starting over" won't help in the least. Starting it the first time ended up with this, so how is starting over going to end up any differently? So basically, to repeat myself, I concur that that's not an appropriate solution.

D-Singer: I don't know why (apparently) everyone's complaining, but I suspect it's just the culmination of a creeping problem. Turning the temperature up slowly might deceive the lobster into believing that it's not being boiled, but it still ends up cooked. Similarly, I think the drama has kind of shuffled up slowly, and it's finally getting to the point where people have noticed just how absurd the whole thing is. Keep in mind, as I said, I don't know why people are complaining now. That's just why I think people are complaining.

When everything gets too much, something's got to give, so I don't think it's possible to 'stay' your 'course'. I disagree with a reset for the reasons others have listed before me, and I disagree with removing the roleplay on the sole basis that everyone would ***** like mad instead of getting over it and taking the roleplaying somewhere else. My thought is just to create a new freaking OOC for each neighborhood depicting the reality of the content involved so people can make informed decisions of what they join. As I've said, there's huge differences in the basic reality of RG and RV, however, new roleplayers are immediately sent to RG because RV is "full", and a new neighborhood is being created to shove the new players into because RG is now also "full". I fail to see how that's appropriate.

It's obvious that the players are the problem insofar as that they are what made the roleplay into what it is today. This means that the players are the ones that are needed to fix it. Just establish the pretense of the neighborhoods and the genre explored. This doesn't need a band-aid seal, this needs a re-evaluation of what it is you're **** well roleplaying in the first place.

My solution might have been misinterpreted because everyone seems to think it'll mess everything up for their actual roleplaying. I'm not saying make new IC topics. I'm not saying kick people out or shuffle them about against their will. I'm saying make a new OOC for RV and a new OOC for RG (I was against having an OOC for each because I didn't realise they'd end up being as insanely different as they are; there were even ideas for crossovers way back then) with each OOC detailing specifically what the roleplay encompasses. Lock the PF OOC, unless someone wants to make an IC that's true to what PF was so as to give it some use. It wouldn't change anything about the roleplay, but it would direct people and fix this cluster of drama that's come about because of the drama (how poetic).
Informed consent is basically the whole inspiration for my idea. Let people know exactly what it is. Once you have achieved that, you'll get people who actually want to be involved, and those that do not want to be involved will not join. If someone who does not want to be involved stays in the roleplay, they can't honestly complain about it - the basis of the roleplay isn't going to change for just one person, and nothing's stopping them from leaving.

It's freaking simple to me, at least. I'm not saying scrap and restart. I'm not saying to change absolutely everything. "Oh, Ebly's right, let's [unrelated solution]" proves that you're not actually understanding what I'm saying at all. It's kind of a worry for me. I just want you to say what is really going on in the roleplay so people know what they're joining. Then, if nothing is appealing, they can make their freaking own instead of force themselves to put up with something they don't want.

One of the things that annoys me the most is that even though I do not have a character in the roleplay, I still am one of the few people that's putting enough thought into this to try to offer a solution. Why are you all sitting on your hands and nodding or shaking like bobbing dogs? The majority of you seem to agree that there's something wrong but you leave it up to us to figure out what it is and fix it, and then offer a "yes" or a "no" to each of us (and the reasons for agreeing/disagreeing... mostly). It's infuriating.

Urgh, and I get the feeling you guys are coming to some kind of vague conclusion, so in the end this post was just a infinite puppies thing reexplaining my thoughts and getting them out there again, hopefully in a more accessible way this time. I'll stop repeating myself as soon as I'm convinced people actually understand and that I'm not just horrible at explaining things. :P
Okay, now I understand your standpoint. I agree.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ctcmjh wrote:Okay, now I understand your standpoint. I agree.
Heeheehee. Ironic posts make me giggle.

I'm sorry for going off like that.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

I have to agree with only a few points, mostly I have to side with a lot Ebly has said but then again everyone is so I consider that a redundant point. Drama happens, and it can be both good and bad. I have tried REAL hard to roll with the drama in RG, but a lot of it feels very heavy-handed, almost forced. Drama does not need to be life-changing. Take Vanilla for example (dont hurt me chewy), she struggles to overcome trust issues while battling self doubt and attachment issues with her sister, that is GOOD drama, it promotes positive character growth and can ultimately lead to Vanilla maturing and developing into a beloved character. BAD drama would be if someone tried to force themselves into her life, or if Vanilla suddenly went down a dark and destructive path dragging the mood of the RP down with her. That would benefit NO ONE. Personally, I don't read RV, so I have no idea what is going on in it, so I really am not a valid source of critique on that topic.
With that I can leave everyone with some advice:
*Work from experience. Its imposable accurately depict something if you have never seen/known it.
*People enjoy winning, so if you want to befriend a character, its a bad thing to be good at everything, flaws are endearing traits that create attachment.
*Leave Brittney Vanilla alone!
*You are not your Character... Living vicariously through them cannot end well.
*Caps lock when used sparingly, add emphasis to a point, writing everything in caps lock emphasizes how stupid you look.
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Oh, ok, I get what you're saying Ebly (I hope). Basically, RV and RG no longer fit the "Pet Friendly" label, and shouldn't be considered as being such, since they aren't really. Each one should have it's own OOC that tells potential players exactly what they are getting into with each, so that they can make a decision on whether or not they want to be involved in it. We don't have to lose anything, we just relabel RV and RG and continue as we were (though the drama still needs to be toned down).

As for the third neighborhood, what that is about really depends on what the players that eventually join it do. Label it "Pet Friendly" at the start and see whether it keeps to that, or develops into something else.

And I agree with Bixlow about good and bad drama.

Also, if anyone has a problem with anything that's going on, bring it up before you get angry about it, so we can try to find a solution that doesn't result in more drama.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

bixlow wrote:I have to agree with only a few points, mostly I have to side with a lot Ebly has said but then again everyone is so I consider that a redundant point. Drama happens, and it can be both good and bad. I have tried REAL hard to roll with the drama in RG, but a lot of it feels very heavy-handed, almost forced. Drama does not need to be life-changing. Take Vanilla for example (dont hurt me chewy), she struggles to overcome trust issues while battling self doubt and attachment issues with her sister, that is GOOD drama, it promotes positive character growth and can ultimately lead to Vanilla maturing and developing into a beloved character. BAD drama would be if someone tried to force themselves into her life, or if Vanilla suddenly went down a dark and destructive path dragging the mood of the RP down with her. That would benefit NO ONE. Personally, I don't read RV, so I have no idea what is going on in it, so I really am not a valid source of critique on that topic.
With that I can leave everyone with some advice:
*Work from experience. Its imposable accurately depict something if you have never seen/known it.
*People enjoy winning, so if you want to befriend a character, its a bad thing to be good at everything, flaws are endearing traits that create attachment.
*Leave Brittney Vanilla alone!
*You are not your Character... Living vicariously through them cannot end well.
*Caps lock when used sparingly, add emphasis to a point, writing everything in caps lock emphasizes how stupid you look.
Why would I hurt you? I agree with most of what you've said, and you put it so eloquently. :) I very much appreciate it. (Except who's "Brittney"...? :? )

"*You are not your Character... Living vicariously through them cannot end well."

Exactly--which is why neither of my characters is named "Chewy" nor is a representation of myself. There's something OF myself in each (that just makes them easier to play) but neither of them IS me (which should be obvious, since I'm a guy and they're both girls).
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Please let me ask this now before I even think about stats or anything.

Can my character be a wolf: yes or no?

If not I'll choose something like a husky.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

No, your character cannot be a wolf. I think.

Welcome I guess?

what what? Jolly good time.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:No, your character cannot be a wolf. I think.

Welcome I guess?
I'm not in any position of authority to say, but I don't know why a wolf would be verboten--we had a raccoon, after all, and there are wolves in the comic itself....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Not even a wolf cub?
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Mine's a dingo... so we already have ONE wild feral animal in the RP, plus there is a raccat which is 1/2 vermin... so... idk
also @chewy Britney
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Thanks, I didn't need to see that.... :P
PF chars

--Phoenix

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ultimately, the decision, I suppose, is up to Argent, since he'll be the GM soon. For all of this, anyway.

...Me, I think I'm going to stay out of the way for now, and get the OOC good and done, then reclaim what remains of my sanity! :lol:
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Then I'm going to post my bios here and change the link in my signature.

Name: Honey Cake (first name Honey, last name Cake)

Species: Collie dog

Age: Not quite six years old (the equivalent of a young adult)

Gang: None as yet.

Appearance: Honey is a long-haired breed, and usually wears her hair back in a ponytail. She wears a blue collar with a tag shaped like a beehive, and she usually wears sunglasses although she doesn't let them cover her eyes. Often wears a purple sweater with gold trim (and the letter H on it) and occasionally a matching skirt.

Personality: Honey is very friendly and at a first impression appears more childlike and naive (not to say foolish) than she really is. Part of this is due to the fact that she doesn't get weighed down in convention--she's not the contrary "no one tells me what to do" sort, nor is she completely apathetic to rules, but she's not afraid to defy rules and traditions that she thinks are silly, which she usually does by acting as though she doesn't know they exist, rather than drawing attention to them.

Other Notes: Honey lives with her younger sister (not related by blood), Vanilla Cake. Honey thinks Vanilla worries too much about what others think and does her best to try to find opportunities for her sister to have some fun once in awhile, and get some laughs. Honey is concerned for her sister's sake and wants to help as best she can.

S - 6
P - 7
E - 6
C - 6
I - 5
A - 6
L - 6

Name: Vanilla Cake

Species: Shetland Sheepdog

Age: four years old (the equivalent of a young teenager)

Gang: None--and if she has her way it'll stay that way. She isn't into "gangs" (or at least not calling them that).

Appearance: Vanilla is a short-haired breed and looks somewhat masculine (although her personality doesn't quite match this). Her collar is red and her tag looks like a vanilla ice cream cone. When outdoors (which is usually only when necessary) she wears a green jacket with a hood that contributes to a look resembling that of a sullen teenage boy.

Personality: Outwardly Vanilla acts snobbish, even to the point of being slightly elitist, but this masks an insecurity. She fears that others won't like her and so puts on airs and only associates with others who act the same way, since she reasons they're the "best of the best" and thus if they'll accept her she'll be worthwhile. She's obsessed with the way things are "done" and does a lot of reading into traditions and conventions so as to make herself an expert. The only way in which she doesn't seem to follow through on that is in her appearance, the latter of which is primarily for comfort. Rather than being shy and quiet she'll very audibly turn her nose up at things to others and mention things she thinks no one will know about.

Other Notes: Vanilla lives with her older sister Honey, and is often embarrassed by her sister, not to say ashamed of her. Vanilla usually resists Honey's attempts to get her to socialize, although the truth is that Vanilla wants to make friends but needs to be dragged into it kicking and screaming. She had a best friend before the Cake family moved into the neighborhood and now she doesn't know anyone and feels insecure. She enjoys the game of chess immensely, although she's not as good at it as she'd like (though she can beat Honey every time). She's an avid fan of the Alice books and Stanley Kubrick films.

S - 4
P - 4
E - 5
C - 3
I - 8
A - 5
L - 3
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

I thought id re-post it here, just for the heck of it.

Name: Lucky Phillips
Appearance: A Alaskan Malamute with massive amounts of hair, 3 shades of grey:
A stupidly drawn version of him:
Personality: Very shy about meeting new people, and most other animals are scared of him for some reason. Though this fierce looking dog always has a smile on his face, and is almost always happy, unless of coarse you make him mad. and trust me, you don't want to do that.
Species: A dog, obviously (Alaskan malamute)
Neighborhood: Radiant Gardens
Gang: No current gang, but has been looking to join one.
Other Notes:
None much, except that his dad is currently in Greenland for research while his mom stays at home.
The only thing he is afraid of, is squirrels. He will run like crazy if he sees one. Mostly caused by when he was attacked by one when he was just a little over a month old. His brother died when Lucky was 4¾ years old in a car accident. Cody was in the back seat of his moms car on his way back from the vet when a semi ran a stoplight and smashed into the back of the car, killing Cody, but leaving the mom unharmed. Lucky was waiting at home eager to see his brother come home after breaking his ankle when the two were playing in the woods.

Strength: 10
Perception: 6
Endurance: 5
Confidence: 3
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 7
Luck: 3 (Despite his name.)
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

How ya doing good looking? lol
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

So I haven't said this yet but I'm going to delete or lock this thread when I hand GM over to Argent.

The reason: Argent can't just edit any post, only his own. If he should have a need to edit the OOC, he wouldn't be able to without my assistance. That's annoying for me! Echo would also need the same power for the Neighborhood list.

When the new OOC is finished, I'll post once to start the thread. Then, NOBODY else can post...except for Argent twice, then Echo once. After that, you can post your character sheets. Don't worry, I'll restate the instructions when I do start the thread.

In the meantime, you might want to save a hard copy of your sheets somewhere.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Buckdida wrote:So I haven't said this yet but I'm going to delete or lock this thread when I hand GM over to Argent.

The reason: Argent can't just edit any post, only his own. If he should have a need to edit the OOC, he wouldn't be able to without my assistance. That's annoying for me! Echo would also need the same power for the Neighborhood list.

When the new OOC is finished, I'll post once to start the thread. Then, NOBODY else can post...except for Argent twice, then Echo once. After that, you can post your character sheets. Don't worry, I'll restate the instructions when I do start the thread.

In the meantime, you might want to save a hard copy of your sheets somewhere.
Oh sure, now you say it.... :P

All right, all right....

EDIT: PM'd it to myself.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

So I guess I can't have a wolf as my character then...

Should I just do the easy thing and use a husky?
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Oh, sorry, wolf, um... I'm not sure, are they legal to own as pets?
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

ArgentFlame wrote:Oh, sorry, wolf, um... I'm not sure, are they legal to own as pets?
Fine then, a husky it is.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

ArgentFlame wrote:Oh, sorry, wolf, um... I'm not sure, are they legal to own as pets?
In some areas, they are. In areas where it's illegal to own purebreed wolves, wolf-husky hybrids are more common. *shrugs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Dissension wrote:
In some areas, they are. In areas where it's illegal to own purebreed wolves, wolf-husky hybrids are more common. *shrugs*
I'll do this. Good idea.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Name: Betawolf Thomas

Species: Wolf, male

Neighborhood: Radiant Gardens

Gang: None yet (new in town)

Family: Bob Thomas (dad)

Appearance: taller than most pets but not as tall as your average human, Beta is pretty much your typical wolf. His fur divides pretty neatly into two colours, with his back all blue and his front all greyish (check my avatar).

Unlike most wolves, he wears a collar, with the greek letter beta as a tag.

Personality: Most wolves don't make good pets. Most wolves are feral. Beta isn't your standard wolf. He has grown up in the company of his dad since he was just a cub, and although both he and his dad can care for themselves perfectly well, the strong bond between them still remains, and they help each other out even when they don't need to. His loyalty to his dad and to his friends is unbreakable. He's a good friend, Beta, always up for a chat, or a game, or even just some quiet time, and he makes friends quickly. People and their pets tend to be a tiny bit nervous when they first meet him, but the 'whole wolf thing' (as he calls it) is normally over within an hour. Always willing to help out, but well aware of when enough is enough, and with a good sense of 'how far is too far', Beta is, as his friends have called him in the past, 'amazing'.

Other notes: Beta's personality stems from what happened when he was a cub. He was born in a zoo, as the son of his pack's alpha male. His father died soon after, and although, as the alpha male's son, he was expected to be mostly self-reliant, he simply wasn't, and he was shunned by his pack. His only friend was a zoo-keeper, and on many occasions he tried to escape from the zoo to get away from his pack. Each time, the zoo-keeper said that things would get better, and each time, things got worse. And then, after one escape attempt went particularly awry, the little cub opened up his heart to the zoo-keeper, and the zoo-keeper did the same to him. The zoo gave permission for the zoo-keeper to adopt the cub, and as a token of his love for the cub, the zoo-keeper named him Betawolf, "because he's no alpha wolf, but he's not far behind."

SPECIAL
STR: 10
PER: 5
END: 6
CHA: 6
INT: 7
AGI: 4
LUC: 4
Last edited by Bolly on Sat May 15, 2010 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Wow, a wolf joining in Radiant Gardens...nice! Also, I love that you named him Betawolf...
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

44R0NM10 wrote:Wow, a wolf joining in Radiant Gardens...nice! Also, I love that you named him Betawolf...
Had to be done. It just had to be :P
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Alright, welcome to the RP officially. hope you enjoy yourself. any questions just ask me if need be.
I'd like to remind you just real quick that you should remember luck 3 is going to affect him quite a bit. not so much that something bad has to happen all the time to him, but generally he should have a bad time of things every once in a while merely because of his luck.
you'll (I think you already know) be in Radiant Gardens (or RG), tad bit of magic there, not sure if that's gone or not. just warning you ahead of time.
Age, you where so close, so close, you should be 22, not 23. at least by my calculations you should be. correct me if I'm wrong.

Annnd I think that's it. enjoy the Role Play, please remember that this Role play is under the same rules of the other parts of the forum! ;)

what what? Jolly good time.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Alright, welcome to the RP officially. hope you enjoy yourself. any questions just ask me if need be.
I'd like to remind you just real quick that you should remember luck 3 is going to affect him quite a bit. not so much that something bad has to happen all the time to him, but generally he should have a bad time of things every once in a while merely because of his luck.
you'll (I think you already know) be in Radiant Gardens (or RG), tad bit of magic there, not sure if that's gone or not. just warning you ahead of time.
Age, you where so close, so close, you should be 22, not 23. at least by my calculations you should be. correct me if I'm wrong.

Annnd I think that's it. enjoy the Role Play, please remember that this Role play is under the same rules of the other parts of the forum! ;)
From Google: 23 / 3.5 = 6.57142857, k? I said just over 6-and-a-half human years for a reason.

Luck 3 is again for a reason, his house has been destroyed a few times and because of what happened as a cub. However, you are right. I've changed it to Luck 4 and Perception 5.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Alright, welcome to the RP officially. hope you enjoy yourself. any questions just ask me if need be.

Is that too precise? lol

also: i made this easy for new people:
http://i39.tinypic.com/dc6m0w.jpg

The link to that is in my description, it combines a picture, AND a bio :D

-Robert Louis Stevenson
caelei

Post by caelei »

Woah. I left for a day or two to study for an AP test I wanted to take (trying to get cheap college credit!) and when I finally come back there's all this discussion in the new OOC and craziness and as I'm reading it I begin to feel really, really... odd. About the whole thing.

I honestly don't mind the RP, or how Richardson Valley is turning out. I'm tolerant of practically whatever. Heck, I probably even caused half the drama, and for that I'm sorry.

Restart the RP? Like I said, I'm tolerant. I don't mind either way. But, just to caution (Though I don't know why I'd need to caution anyone about this; it's not as if my characters make a HUGE difference in the roleplay, or that any "real" person besides me should really care about what happens to them.), if we restarted anything, Magnus would be the only character I kept. Argent said something earlier, and I agree... Pavelle would restart and become just a little raccoon thief again, and Felix wouldn't even be there at all. And I'd be reluctant to bring Pavelle back as a thief because as a thief she was stealing for her deathly ill mother, and that brings in drama and I wouldn't want to do that so the only thing I could do was get rid of everything about her family (because let's face it, her dad would be no good, either) and to get rid of her entire past as well and start over. And I wouldn't want to do that. It's easier to just make a whole new character. Because really, if I got rid of her family and her personality and her history she wouldn't be Pavelle, anyway. So no Pavelle. Then there's Felix. With no Pavelle, there's no Felix, simple as that.

I could keep Magnus. He's harmless. I'd just have to come up with a different family history for him...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Just to be completely honest with you all... the drama in the OOC is bugging me more than that in the RP...

And to Ebly about the whole ' RP'ers don't do anything about the problems ' thing. Well. Erm... I've never been good at problem solving. Never. I've tried before, trust me... but generally I step back and let the pros get to work. I've found that in other things my ideas just get disregarded... which is understandable, because they weren't too helpful in the first place. So... :oops:

Anyway, I talked more than I wanted to. Darn.
And I know this is a little late. I had to go for a day or two, like I said earlier.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Ok, I think I can speak for most of us by saying we don't want a restart, so that's not really an issue. The real thing to consider is that neither RG not RV could really be considered pet friendly anymore, which could lead to people (like math) joining up without knowing what they're really getting into, false advertising, if you will. Something needs to be done about this, like relabeling the RPs and giving proper warning to their content.
caelei

Post by caelei »

I think I understand Ebly's concept. I was just expressing my view on the whole 'restarting' idea in the first place. Belatedly, if you will, since I wasn't around to say something similar earlier.

And I just have a question about the whole 'relabelling' thing... this will be after we all tone down the drama, yes? Because labelling before that would be kind of like a moot (hopefully I'm using the word 'moot' in the right context) point, I'm thinking. Unless, of course, we would label it as it would be in the future, but that's kinda hypocritical because it might misdirect someone who wanted to join in a day or two into thinking the RP was already reformed...
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

I find the name "Pet Friendly" more of a title, than a description of its content, or a summary of its explorations. I think of it as a place holder, for the more juicer stuff inside.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

I've done a very quick recolour of the Miles avatar to make it look like how I want Beta to look. However, it was pretty rushed. If anyone had the time to do a better job of a recolour, you have no idea how grateful I would be.
caelei

Post by caelei »

@Typhon:
I think I get what you're saying...
There is some sort of description on the first page of the old OOC related to Pet Friendly... which makes me wonder about it... (the description did mention 'chaos' and 'chaos' to me means drama so...?)

I thought "Pet Friendly" all this time just meant that the neighborhoods didn't have leash laws or anything... I don't know.

@bollythewolf:
I like the recoloration! It's better than anything I could do...
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

caelei wrote:@bollythewolf:
I like the recoloration! It's better than anything I could do...
Oh god, I should have said, Kyderra did this recolour, not me. My one was terrible :P
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

I've pretty much created a scenario which requires ctcmjh to advance the plot of said scenario. He's not online. Do I just wait until he is to keep going? It's getting boring.
Zander

Post by Zander »

one time i waited 2 days for someone to respond, i just kinda did nothing until then.... But ctcmjh is not like that, he/she is usually online every now and then. he/She should respond soon.

-Robert Louis Stevenson