Reply to topic  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Arc 50: Housepets Babies! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
GameCobra wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
I find it rather hard to believe she was that shy around him.


I wasn't so sure of that either until recently. She seemed more concerned for Maxwell back when they were kidnapped. (Either because she knew he was a bad hero, or because she was actually worried)

Also, looking back on it, Maxwell usually approached Grape with news rather than the other way around. I'm not saying she's so shy that she couldn't be around him, but probably shy enough just not to ask him for a date.


She seemed rather concerned for Max and Fox equally the only reason she seemed to be more concerned for Max is because he put himself in more danger then Fox did and she had to save him. And I'm not talking about dating him I'm saying that after the kidnapping and before Yarnball they didn't hang out at all let alone on a regular basis and I find that very strange. Even if they just hung out every once in a while after that she would still have no reason to complain about not knowing any cats as It's really really hard to believe that Max wouldn't introduce her to any of the ones he knew, or at least at a bare minimum, Sabrina who you know he dated.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3702
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Fair enough, but I'm sure i mentioned earlier at one point that it was because she hung out with Peanut most of the time. If she hung out with Peanut alot, she would get to be more familiar with the dogs. It more than likely never clued in to her until then that she wasn't hanging out with cats as much as she thought she did.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:13 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15220
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Shy people can get over it if they mesh with the other person well enough, you guys.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Sleet wrote:
Shy people can get over it if they mesh with the other person well enough, you guys.


True but I just don't see Grape as a shy person nothing really shows her to be shy at all. I mean she hung out all the time with dogs at their parties and absolutely nothing indicates she was shy around Max.

Edit: In fact everything indicates she was starved for attention.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3702
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Not always true, Sleet. Depends on what they are shy about.

Grape just looked like she was shy about dating in general.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
GameCobra wrote:
Fair enough, but I'm sure i mentioned earlier at one point that it was because she hung out with Peanut most of the time. If she hung out with Peanut alot, she would get to be more familiar with the dogs. It more than likely never clued in to her until then that she wasn't hanging out with cats as much as she thought she did.


Except she saved him from a kidnapping and they lived right next to each other. Even if she hung out with Peanut a lot to me it still doesn't make sense that they didn't hang out at all or even somewhat. Which is clearly the case here as she knew no cats outside of him and he knows and is freinds with all of them in the neiborhood. If she didn't save them from the kidnapping or they didn't live next to each other I could buy it, but the combination of them living right next to each other and the fact that she basically saved his life makes that unlikely IMO.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3702
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Whenever Grape didn't hang around with Peanut, she seemed to mostly be hanging around with the Mr. and Mrs. and if not them, it would usually be her sleeping. It's hard to say how often Grape would get the time to explore where the cats were at because, unlike the dogs, they are more than likely scattered and she's not the wandering type.

As for why Max never introduced her, he probably had other reasons. If you really want the best possible answer, here's what i think: Max i don't think would keep Grape in the dark either after seeing her in action when she was a kitten, but he probably didn't want to hang around with a cat that could possibly outshine his glorious reputation with the other cats, especially if Grape was a male.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
GameCobra wrote:
Whenever Grape didn't hang around with Peanut, she seemed to mostly be hanging around with the Mr. and Mrs. and if not them, it would usually be her sleeping. It's hard to say how often Grape would get the time to explore where the cats were at because, unlike the dogs, they are more than likely scattered and she's not the wandering type.

As for why Max never introduced her, he probably had other reasons. I wouldn't keep Grape in the dark either after seeing her in action when she was a kitten, but he probably didn't want to hang around with a cat that could possibly outshine his glorious reputation, especially if Grape was a male. in short, i think Max didn't want Grape at the time ruining his reputation as top cat.


Grape is not that much of a shut in and she likes excitement (remember when Fido came back she was wishing for something cool to happen) so I think its unlikely she wouldn't go wandering at least some times.

When Max invited her to the Yarnball he praised her calling her the coolest cat he knew, it seems to me that he would want to hang out with Grape. That doesn't seem like someone that cared about his reputation being damaged at all and when he put up the invitation he thought Grape was a guy anyway. When he found out she didn't know many cats he was very willing to introduce her to them. Also after the kidnapping its very likely he stopped caring about his reputation as Gape saving them would have most likely gotten around to everyone anyway, and he seems to no longer have a want to rule the neiborhood from what we have seen.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
I'd just like to point out that simply because there weren't comics of Grape hanging out with Max doesn't mean they didn't ever hang out. We know that in the earlier strips she spent the majority of her time either a) sleeping, or b) playing with Peanut. What she did outside of that time is completely unknown to us. But just as there's no canon evidence that she did spend the remainder of her time hanging out with Max, there's no canon evidence saying she didn't.

No offense, Ice, but you're making a lot of hefty assumptions here.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
KJOokami wrote:
I'd just like to point out that simply because there weren't comics of Grape hanging out with Max doesn't mean they didn't ever hang out. We know that in the earlier strips she spent the majority of her time either a) sleeping, or b) playing with Peanut. What she did outside of that time is completely unknown to us. But just as there's no canon evidence that she did spend the remainder of her time hanging out with Max, there's no canon evidence saying she didn't.

No offense, Ice, but you're making a lot of hefty assumptions here.


Yes I'm making an assumption that they didn't hang out but its a logical assumption to make. Its admitted in the comic that Grape didn't know any Cats other then Max and she had only heard of Marvin, it is also stated in the Cast page that Max knows and is freinds with every cat in the neiborhood for better or worse. Therefore since Grape didn't know any other cats and Max is friends with all of them in the neiborhood its logical to assume that the two of them didn't hang out much if at all. What I'm saying is its pretty clear she most likely didn't hang out with him and that I find that she didn't incredibly strange as she saved him from a kidnapping and lives right next to him.

What is being assuming in response to that is they either they hung out yet Grape never met any other cats at all in that time because they either never hung out with Max as well between then (even though he knows them all) nor did he even try to introduce her to any of them. Or that its perfectly reasonable that she never hung out with her next door neighbor, who's life she saved.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
I find it more likely that she did hang out with him in her spare time (between naps and playing with Peanut), and that when they hung out, they did so with just the two of them. If case you hadn't noticed, none of the cats really hang out in bigger groups the way the dogs do, barring in dinner-date type situations. So it makes sense that cats probably don't really bother with big get-togethers much. They seem to prefer either being alone, or hanging with one other cat (or dog).

What's more, saving someone's life hardly constitutes the two to be best friends who hang out at every opportunity. She still thought of him as a bit of a jerk and could probably only handle him in small doses. Not to mention the very clear age difference between the two.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
The Yarnball and the whole water balloon war kind of ruins your thinking that Cats don't like getting together in big groups. I'm not saying they should have hung out at every opportunity I'm saying its makes sense that they would hang out some which its clear they didn't hang out at all. Look I'm not going to give up on the fact that them not hanging out makes absolutely no sense and there is no logical reasoning for it in the comic itself, so I think its better that we drop this really its going no where.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
IceKitsune wrote:
The Yarnball and the whole water balloon war kind of ruins your thinking that Cats don't like getting together in big groups.

A single one-day event, in the span of multiple years, that was essentially organized by one of the ferrets, discredits my statement that cats don't get together very often? I don't think you quite grasp the concept of "often".

IceKitsune wrote:
I'm not saying they should have hung out at every opportunity I'm saying its makes sense that they would hang out some which its clear they didn't hang out at all.

You still haven't established that. Just saying it's "clear" that they didn't hang out doesn't make it so.

IceKitsune wrote:
Look I'm not going to give up on the fact that them not hanging out makes absolutely no sense and there is no logical reasoning for it in the comic itself, so I think its better that we drop this really its going no where.

When you cover your ears and repeatedly scream "La la la la la la...!", it is difficult to make progress in a conversation, yeah.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:01 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
The Yarnball and the whole water balloon war kind of ruins your thinking that Cats don't like getting together in big groups.

A single one-day event, in the span of multiple years, that was essentially organized by one of the ferrets, discredits my statement that cats don't get together very often? I don't think you quite grasp the concept of "often".

the yarn ball was organized by the cats. It doesn't necessarily mean they like hanging out in big groups though.

KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
I'm not saying they should have hung out at every opportunity I'm saying its makes sense that they would hang out some which its clear they didn't hang out at all.

You still haven't established that. Just saying it's "clear" that they didn't hang out doesn't make it so.

you're right, Ice is making bigger assumptions than he should, but you're also making assumptions to the opposite effect. We have no way of knowing how much they hung out before the comic, or in between arcs, without Rick telling us.
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Look I'm not going to give up on the fact that them not hanging out makes absolutely no sense and there is no logical reasoning for it in the comic itself, so I think its better that we drop this really its going no where.

When you cover your ears and repeatedly scream "La la la la la la...!", it is difficult to make progress in a conversation, yeah.

and in this part he didn't even say that they definitely didn't hang out, just that it wouldn't make sense if that were the case, which is true.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Three Layers Down...
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
I just have to say congratz on the 50th archive, can't wait for more :lol:

_________________
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.


Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Ok the first part I will kind of agree on the Waterballoon arc was a bad example and Random is right The Yarnball doesn't mean that they like to hang out together often.

However my second point is not that big of an assumption as its stated in the comic that Grape doesn't know any cats when Max invites her to the Yarnball. Max is stated in the cast page to know all the cats in the neighborhood and is freinds with them if they hung out its very very very unlikely that she wouldn't know more cats because of him. If you hang out with someone you get to meet their freinds so since Grape doesn't know any cats its logical that they didn't hang out.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7743
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Guys, let's not get into actual arguments about this. It would be preferable for everyone to agree to disagree and move on rather than make disparaging comments about one another.

Now, back to the current comic! Res is so adorable. x3

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3702
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
He better not steal my Maxie Waxie from Grape! *hugs the both of them*

On a more serious note, though ~ I wonder if Res will try to get to know Maxwell now since they date?

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:45 am
Posts: 220
Images: 2
Location: Up north
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
GameCobra wrote:
He better not steal my Maxie Waxie from Grape! *hugs the both of them*

On a more serious note, though ~ I wonder if Res will try to get to know Maxwell now since they date?


That is if he's going to become a more recurring character. He's just on vacation now to get away from all the endless hard work Pridelands causes him. He still seems to me as more of a minor character, but who knows?

_________________
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
EvanAierkan wrote:
GameCobra wrote:
He better not steal my Maxie Waxie from Grape! *hugs the both of them*

On a more serious note, though ~ I wonder if Res will try to get to know Maxwell now since they date?


That is if he's going to become a more recurring character. He's just on vacation now to get away from all the endless hard work Pridelands causes him. He still seems to me as more of a minor character, but who knows?


As much as I like Res I doubt he will show up more then a few times a year (maybe like twice at most) as a guest.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 210
Location: Roswell
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Dissension wrote:
Now, back to the current comic! Res is so adorable. x3


i second it ^_^

_________________
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."


Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile YIM
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15220
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
GameCobra wrote:
He better not steal my Maxie Waxie from Grape! *hugs the both of them*?
Don't you mean Grape from Max? I don't think him taking Max will be a problem. :P

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3702
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Sleet wrote:
Don't you mean Grape from Max? I don't think him taking Max will be a problem. :P


... Don't you hate it when something sounds sensible in context, but doesn't translate the way you want when you write it?

But yes. you're right. XD

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 323
Location: A treehouse atop a hill
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
It's really nice that the roles seem to be reversing with this strip, Res is now the one bringing Grape out of a downer. I had a feeling that Rick would make Res a particular kind of introvert. When he's got someone who's willing to wade through all his awkwardness it's soon apparent that he can talk with the same confidence as any other cat. People are surprised that he is able to get up close to her and touch her knees but remember Grape did the same thing, she stripped the situation of a no touching barrier.

Still though, i'm quite surprised she would just let him in and he would hop up on her bed like he'd been in that room plenty of times. Until we see another strip i'm still undecided about the underlying reasons behind this, it is probably him trying to reassure her but there's every chance it could be that they've grown very close through their emails and phone chats.

BTW does anyone else hear Zach Braff's voice in that last panel

"Peanut butter sandwich.....moment killer!!"

_________________
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"


Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:36 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3702
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
I'm not as nearly shocked as i was when i first seen Res in Grape's room, but initially the idea felt very forward of him. When you think about it more, he isn't there much, but he no doubt looks admired. I'm wondering if this will affect his book series in the future?

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ImageImage


Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16514
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
JohnWillow wrote:
BTW does anyone else hear Zach Braff's voice in that last panel

"Peanut butter sandwich.....moment killer!!"

well now I do

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
You know Grape seems to have a thing for older guys. Max is older then her by 2 years at minimum. (as he looks older then Peanut in the flashback and Peanut is older then Grape by a year at least) Res is at least as old as Max however he's most likely older then that actually.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 210
Location: Roswell
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
IceKitsune wrote:
You know Grape seems to have a thing for older guys.


i know this is a stupid question but how can you even tell their age

_________________
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."


Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
kuga tenreu wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
You know Grape seems to have a thing for older guys.


i know this is a stupid question but how can you even tell their age


Size for one in the flashback, Rick said that them being bigger means they are older. For Res hes wrote 4 novels already which would take some time even if he wrote them quickly like say a year for each so that means hes 4ish minimum but since he most likely didn't start writing right away (lets say a year to learn how to write well enough) hes 5 maybe 6. The cast page said that Grape is younger then Peanut and the old cast page said Peanut was just about 4 years old making Grape 3 and Peanut is likely 3 and a half at the start of the comic.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
IceKitsune wrote:
Size for one in the flashback, Rick said that them being bigger means they are older. For Res hes wrote 4 novels already which would take some time even if he wrote them quickly like say a year for each so that means hes 4ish minimum but since he most likely didn't start writing right away (lets say a year to learn how to write well enough) hes 5 maybe 6. The cast page said that Grape is younger then Peanut and the old cast page said Peanut was just about 4 years old making Grape 3 and Peanut is likely 3 and a half at the start of the comic.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/0 ... d-no-play/

Res has only been working on Pridelands for 2 years.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Size for one in the flashback, Rick said that them being bigger means they are older. For Res hes wrote 4 novels already which would take some time even if he wrote them quickly like say a year for each so that means hes 4ish minimum but since he most likely didn't start writing right away (lets say a year to learn how to write well enough) hes 5 maybe 6. The cast page said that Grape is younger then Peanut and the old cast page said Peanut was just about 4 years old making Grape 3 and Peanut is likely 3 and a half at the start of the comic.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/0 ... d-no-play/

Res has only been working on Pridelands for 2 years.


No all that means is hes been working on some of it for two years non-stop, heck for all we know it could have taken him two years to write books 3 and 4 combined. And at least the first of the books was out during the Flashback (as Grape said that she read the first as a Kitten) which means at least it had been more then a year between Book one and three.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
IceKitsune wrote:
No all that means is hes been working on some of it for two years non-stop. And at least the first of the books was out during the Flashback (as Grape said that she read the first as a Kitten) which means at least it had been more then a year between Book one and three.

The flashback didn't account for the entirety of her kitten-hood. >.>

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
No all that means is hes been working on some of it for two years non-stop. And at least the first of the books was out during the Flashback (as Grape said that she read the first as a Kitten) which means at least it had been more then a year between Book one and three.

The flashback didn't account for the entirety of her kitten-hood. >.>


Yes but all that means is that Res could be even older then I though as she could have read the first book before she was in the shelter or in the shelter itself.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
IceKitsune wrote:
Yes but all that means is that Res could be even older then I though as she could have read the first book before she was in the shelter or in the shelter itself.

Could be, sure. But with the comic statement that he's been working on Pridelands for 2 years, it would make more sense that she read it long after she was taken into the Sandwich residence.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Yes but all that means is that Res could be even older then I though as she could have read the first book before she was in the shelter or in the shelter itself.

Could be, sure. But with the comic statement that he's been working on Pridelands for 2 years, it would make more sense that she read it long after she was taken into the Sandwich residence.


Except that only works if his comment means that he wrote all 4 of the Pridelands novels in the span of two years which, while I admit is possible, is very unlikely, its hard for professional novelist to write 4 books that quickly that's at minimum a book every 6 months. Also you have to take into account the Reference guides and RPG books as well they take time to develop and to do those books the series would have to be popular already.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 1703
Location: New Jersey (The Abyss)
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
IceKitsune wrote:
Except that only works if his comment means that he wrote all 4 of the Pridelands novels in the span of two years which, while I admit is possible, is very unlikely, its hard for professional novelist to write 4 books that quickly that's at minimum a book every 6 months. Also you have to take into account the Reference guides and RPG books as well they take time to develop and to do those books the series would have to be popular already.

It's the most likely scenario. And it's not nearly as difficult when you "eat, sleep, and breath" the story you're writing for 2 years straight.

Besides that, we only know for sure that Res is responsible for writing the main story books. Most often, reference guides and other spin-offs are written and produced by entirely different companies than the ones that created the original books. So, until more information is given, we only have to take into account the regular book series.

_________________
~Proud owner of the 2011 Post of the Year Award~

| It's an INSANITY thing; you wouldn't understand. |

Ponies.


Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
KJOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Except that only works if his comment means that he wrote all 4 of the Pridelands novels in the span of two years which, while I admit is possible, is very unlikely, its hard for professional novelist to write 4 books that quickly that's at minimum a book every 6 months. Also you have to take into account the Reference guides and RPG books as well they take time to develop and to do those books the series would have to be popular already.

It's the most likely scenario. And it's not nearly as difficult when you "eat, sleep, and breath" the story you're writing for 2 years straight.

Besides that, we only know for sure that Res is responsible for writing the main story books. Most often, reference guides and other spin-offs are written and produced by entirely different companies than the ones that created the original books. So, until more information is given, we only have to take into account the regular book series.


No its not the most likely. I'm not saying its impossible just that Its really, really hard to believe he did it that fast. Especially for his first four novels ever.

Of course they are done by other people, but they do not just make reference books on a whim no publisher would make it until the series was popular and there are three of them (Unofficial Guide, Official Guide, and An Idiots Guide) An RPG book based off a series takes a long time to make, its not something you can pump out easily with out it being garbage and not worth playing. (which is possible though as it might just be D&D with the names and some other things changed, since they use D20 which happens a lot actually especially when it first became usable for free.)

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:17 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15220
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
I think the safest bet is that Res has not written anything except the main series.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4192
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
Sleet wrote:
I think the safest bet is that Res has not written anything except the main series.


Which I agree, he only wrote the four novels. What I disagree with however is that he wrote all four of them in the span of two years and within the span of a year and a half (which would be the time needed to write the first 3 books) 3 reference books were written and a whole D20 game was made off of two of them. Plus a Movie which I had almost forgot about.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 am
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15220
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!
It's really popular. If something is popular, stuff gets written fast. Such as a biography of an important politician being published before he's actually elected to the office in which he'll do the most biography-worthy things of his life.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.