Just got the books...

Discuss the comic here
Nyaliva

Just got the books...

Post by Nyaliva »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to express my admiration for Rick and the comic as I've just recently received and read books 1 and 2. I'd already read all of the comics before I realised there were books (and in fact I think I've read pretty much all of year three too) but I love reading comics on paper rather than on the internet. However I didn't expect them to be A4, most of the other webcomic books I've gotten have been A5 or a bit bigger, but that's okay, I'm happy with it and now that it's the standard size I don't want you to change it.

I also wanted to say I loved "All the King's Men", I have to say Rick you have a great way of writing. You don't just explain things as they happen, you weave the character's identity into the method of non-dialogue exposition. So kudos for the comic and the written story and I hope you write more!

I don't mind if this thread gets deleted but otherwise, for discussion purposes, do you think King is holding on to his humanity too much? Does anyone think he's so scared about acting like a dog for the sake of his humanity and yet so scared about being found out that he's just putting himself in a really awkward position of lies and deceit? Just something I noticed that makes me love-hate his character (more like love-get annoyed by intermittently) Or you can just discuss the books and their format or something. Can't wait for number 3!!!

EDIT: Oh and just remembered, what do you think the title of the third book should be, if Rick hasn't already revealed?
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Just got the books...

Post by Sleet »

Don't forget to also thank Two_Twig, who wrote the second half of All the King's Men! ^_^

And this thread is fine! Welcome to the forum, my friend!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Oh cool, thanks Two_Twig, and thanks for the welcome Sleet! :)
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

I am GLaD there are people epic enough to buy the books! I need to get them...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

I want to get the books, but i haven't been able to
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why not?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
BSAman

Post by BSAman »

i don't buy things on the computer often, i've only bought a bugle from amazon and a theremin from..... ebay i think
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well it's simple and secure! If you have the money and you want it, I say why not?