Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

Post by Wanderer »

Poor fluffy!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Max is apparently Fluttershy.

Also Grape's strife abstratus is clearly broomkind.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

A broom can be a deadly weapon in the right handspaws
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I find Zatsudan's behavior unacceptable in this comic.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Kyderra wrote:I find Zatsudan's behavior unacceptable in this comic.

I second this.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

guys i keep telling you, zatsudan handbags all the way
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Zat's gonna flip-a-duck when he sees these posts, you know.

...does he even have the same name on these forums? *checks* No, no he doesn't- he's still using his old username.

Though if any panel is like Zat, then it's the last one. Flailing and ASLDKFJL'ing. Zat can't have nice things, you see, like birthdays, toys, or perhaps his tail- turned into the aforementioned handbag. :P

Aren't gator jaws supposed to be able to crush steel, though? On closing, anyway. You're supposed to be able to hold a gator's mouth shut with your bare hands; opening muscles much weaker than the closing ones, etc. Random musing is all. I suppose the gator could break the stick, he just doesn't want to hurt his mouth in the process.

Hmm... has the mysterious stranger ever played a video game? Always reload BEFORE leaving cover. Heading into melee range while reloading is a good way to get yourself smacked in the face (in this case with a nice heaping helping of broom-fu). At least, I think he's reloading right now... Once shells are loaded, I don't think you can see them, though a red shot-shell is a very easy way to identify the gun. Iconic ammo, I guess!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

all i know is that
* Ebly turns Kaido into a human

HE CAN NEVER ESCAPE
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

No joke: Anyone that's a master of the stick or broom is a born leader. Go Grape! Show them your butt kicking adorableness <3

Max is way cool for at least trying to take on Fluffy at least. Poor guy though keeps on feeling like an ant compared to Grape from this point though X3

Part of me wants to hope Fox gets his moments in the future after this, but i think he pretty much is content with the way things turned out after this.
Buckdida wrote:Hmm... has the mysterious stranger ever played a video game? Always reload BEFORE leaving cover. Heading into melee range while reloading is a good way to get yourself smacked in the face (in this case with a nice heaping helping of broom-fu). At least, I think he's reloading right now... Once shells are loaded, I don't think you can see them, though a red shot-shell is a very easy way to identify the gun. Iconic ammo, I guess!
I take it he just doesn't know how to use it and mostly uses it to scare people with. In that case, sucks for him!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

wait what YOU PEOPLE.

And such crocodile abuse in the comic. D:

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Buckdida wrote:Aren't gator jaws supposed to be able to crush steel, though?
Gator jaws rely on downward force, but can actually be opened or held shut fairly easily. That's why gator wrestling is seen so often. "Fluffy" is likely at a disadvantage being in a room.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I actually kinda feel bad for Fluffy.
Buckdida wrote:Hmm... has the mysterious stranger ever played a video game? Always reload BEFORE leaving cover. Heading into melee range while reloading is a good way to get yourself smacked in the face (in this case with a nice heaping helping of broom-fu). At least, I think he's reloading right now... Once shells are loaded, I don't think you can see them, though a red shot-shell is a very easy way to identify the gun. Iconic ammo, I guess!
Most people aren't nearly as good as you. *giggles*
Ebly wrote:all i know is that
* Ebly turns Kaido into a human

HE CAN NEVER ESCAPE
Gah get him some pants! *averts eyes*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Buckdida wrote: Hmm... has the mysterious stranger ever played a video game? Always reload BEFORE leaving cover.
So you're saying, were you in that position, you, who have raised an alligator, would have considered little puppies and kittens to be that much of a threat even if you considered it necessary to pull out a shotgun?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

not this is bad... it's just this last update makes my head hurt... a Kittin with a broom beats a man with a shot gun? Really? uhhh.. this is why I aways vote for the bad guy.
sean21

Post by sean21 »

yeah i thought it was a little weird too, but i'm glade Grape can take care of besyness... with a broom none the less

i'd hate to be on the other side of that ^_^

also lets just say the shot gun jammed, luckly for Grape the broom can't... jam, *sigh* joke fail
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

That is a shell outside the shotgun, he was still in the middle of loading it.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Indeed, what kind of alligator owner in their right mind would keep their shotgun loaded? You have an alligator. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

rickgriffin wrote:So you're saying, were you in that position, you, who have raised an alligator, would have considered little puppies and kittens to be that much of a threat even if you considered it necessary to pull out a shotgun?
Well, if you're gonna break out a shotgun *anyway*. May as well load it.

It could be used as a blunt weapon without ammo, but there's no telling when your enemy could, in fact, be a broom-master in kitten form. Gotta be prepared!
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:Indeed, what kind of alligator owner in their right mind would keep their shotgun loaded? You have an alligator. = P
Or gun owner for that matter, because it's dangerous to keep a gun loaded in your house.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Yes, but lots of gun owners do that anyway. I won't say it's a majority; I think most people who own firearms are very safety-conscious. However, if everyone followed this safety rule, teenage me wouldn't have seen as many pictures of accidental suicides at the sheriff's office.

Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Grape is far braver than I, to take on an alligator and an armed man. But she's tough, she can do it. Someone has to save Max.

At the risk of getting off topic, this reminds me of a personal experience. At work once they showed us a safety video for what to do if an "active shooter" is on the loose. The film depicted the shooter as armed with a Kalashnikov rifle and a Beretta pistol. They recommended strategies such as locking yourself in a room, and when he inevitably shoots off the lock to come in after you, you are supposed to throw things at him such as books. I don't care if it is all 900+ pages of "Life and Fate", it is no match for 7.62mm bullet. After the video we all came to the conclusion that the best course of action would be dive out a window and run like the devil was after us.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

I believe the purpose was to provide a distraction and ruin his aim. A barrage of objects would prevent easy targeting and reloading. Then again who would have heavy enough objects in their home to provide the necessary amount of weight for this sort of thing?
Blucan

Post by Blucan »

Granted, i'm just as interested in HOW this turns out, but i'm a little upset that i know that nothing MAJOR happens (ie: dead main character) It's like watching the Clone Wars cartoon, you know that they're in mortal peril, but you've seen the movie (later strips here) and you know that they make it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Blucan wrote:Granted, i'm just as interested in HOW this turns out, but i'm a little upset that i know that nothing MAJOR happens (ie: dead main character) It's like watching the Clone Wars cartoon, you know that they're in mortal peril, but you've seen the movie (later strips here) and you know that they make it.
How do you know they make it out intact though? :P
Blucan

Post by Blucan »

well, they're fine in later strips, so i assume (short of spare clone bodies) that they're fine.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Serious injury does not equate to death. If you're in the hospital for months, I daresay you might not feel you were "fine."

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

There is also a missing chunk of one Maxwell's right ear that will eventually need to be accounted for. Not necessarily going to happen in this arc, but it's still a possibility.

I'm kind of taking the 3rd panel as a, "Guys, if Max's ear were going to be bitten off in this arc, it *would've* been right there." from Rick, but I could be entirely wrong about that.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It would be awesome if both Max and Fox after this event started treating Grape like the cool little brother they never had.
KJOokami wrote:There is also a missing chunk of one Maxwell's right ear that will eventually need to be accounted for. Not necessarily going to happen in this arc, but it's still a possibility.
Grape is so exhausted from the fight with the stranger that Fox and Maxwell elect to take her home. (She's so awesome)
After losing a rock/paper/scissors game, Maxwell takes her home. What first was thought to be a innocent dream of chewing on Maxwell's ear while sleeping evolves into a dream about eating a mouse.

Fox is glad he didn't end up piggybacking her that day.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Radio Blue Heart

Upon review, I really feel sorry for Fluffy, getting jabbed with a broom handle in the roof of your mouth can't feel good and to have the broken end jabbed in the bottom of the mouth, even worse.

It also helps that Fluffy has the tear welling up.

Poor, poor Fluffy.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Fluffy still might not be a nice guy, mind you. Just 'cause his owner's a jerk doesn't mean that's the only reason he's dangerous.
Radio Blue Heart

Sleet wrote:Fluffy still might not be a nice guy, mind you. Just 'cause his owner's a jerk doesn't mean that's the only reason he's dangerous.

Still, wood splinter in the soft parts of your mouth can't be fun.
-Virgil
Rook

Post by Rook »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Sleet wrote:Fluffy still might not be a nice guy, mind you. Just 'cause his owner's a jerk doesn't mean that's the only reason he's dangerous.

Still, wood splinter in the soft parts of your mouth can't be fun.
Agreed.

Fluffy might just be another misunderstood pet that just wants to play... you know, a 900 lb. misunderstood pet that has razor sharp teeth...
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and now Grape gets kicked into next week. unless he only meant the internet in their universe.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Aww, such a cute reunion. There will be avatars.

Also I love the alt text!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hmmm I wonder where Max is, must have gone home already (Maybe picked up by Jeff) or he lied and really was a stray and AC has him now. And the last panel is very sweet. Though I don’t think this is the end of this plot yet as we need to find out what happened to Max.

Edit: or Max could just be off panel some where.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Such a cute little Fox/Grape encounter. I hope this is the event that settled him down. I wonder why we see so little of Fox and Grape together now.... seems like after this they'd be fairly close, at least hang out together every now and then.

Max is most likely being Max. Teasing Fluffy as she is carted away. :roll: That cat never learns.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

IceKitsune wrote:Hmmm I wonder where Max is, must have gone home already (Maybe picked up by Jeff) or he lied and really was a stray and AC has him now. And the last panel is very sweet. Though I don’t think this is the end of this plot yet as we need to find out what happened to Max.
I’m still anticipating Grape having a hand(chomping jaw) in its imminent doom.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

First time I looked at today's strip, I thought they were sweating XD.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know I wonder if the A-plot of this arc is going to effect the B-plot. Usually that happens when stories are told like this (though not always however) something in the A-plot/Flashback comes back to effect the conclusion of or something in the B-plot. I wonder if that will happen here? Also I'm almost positive that it is some kind of Trope I just can't for the life of me think of the name.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

aw, grape and fox have a history together.

*ships*
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"