Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Rook

Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

Post by Rook »

Why be jealous instead of proud is my question. I guess maybe Fido and Bino are like Yoshimori and Masumori.
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Because Bino's just the jealous type. Some people would take their brother being a sort of icon among your town as a cool thing to look up to and aspire to, but others simply can't stand the thought that anyone would get that kind of attention but themselves. Bino happens to be the latter, so his brother's accomplishments in comparison to his many failings led to a pretty massive inferiority complex that's come to pretty much dictate his entire set of ideals for how to live his life. It's kinda sad, really.

He's like the Scar to Fido's Mufasa.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

it's all well and good to be proud of your brother, but when everyone ignores you because you aren't seen as being as good as him or everyone says "why can't you be more like your brother?" then it's easy to start despising how great he is.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Rook

Post by Rook »

Oh yes, I can see how that would make sense. Being compared to someone is no fun. Maybe Rick should do an arc about how Bino came to dislike his brother so much. That said; I can't WAIT to find out what happens to Fox and Max. I've never really imagined them interacting before.

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I betting one of three things. If its a truck of some kind Grape give a description of the truck and the license plate number to Ralph or another police dog and they stop it. If they are in a basement of a house then I suspect that Grape will do the same as above (just with a description of the house) or rescue them herself somehow. Since this is the story of how Grape became more respected by the dogs then she has to be involved somehow.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was looking at the comic and I was thinking, "That guy better be tagged as 'stranger.'" Sure enough, he was!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
sean21

Post by sean21 »

hey cool a thread about the current comic, i was wanting to make one of these, i just want to say poor Fox why do they like kidnapping him so much, curse you Pete... or is it Peta... what was the griffins name again... i'm pretty sure it was Peta, correct me if i'm wrong, also what does Pete stand for its been rattling in my brain forever, Pet, Equal, T something, another E, i dont know, please help
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

PETA's the one who kidnapped Fox earlier in the comic, Pete is the name of the gryphon who turned Joel into a dog (King), and PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Also: STRANGER DANGER
sean21

Post by sean21 »

isnt that a contrediction, their suppose to help animals but intead they... uh well that is sort of helping... but if they dont want to... *eye twitch* i... they... who... :!: ok slow down and think....................

*five minutes later give or take*

Peta, wants the pets to be happy by releasing them into their natual habetat correct, however its wrong to force it on them, they have to want to go on their own, ok i think i understand now

wow i just had an overload, i haven't had one of those in like 6 years, it only happens when something doesn't make sense
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

How sad, they've taken a noble sentiment and twisted it beyond recognition. They'll give pets their natural life back, whether they like it or not.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

It makes even less sense then it seems, seeing as most domesticated dog breeds are bred to be pets and could never survive in the wild while competing against wolves and such for food.

could you imagine sending a toy poodle into the wild?

however, stranger is quite obviously not associated with PeTA
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
sean21

Post by sean21 »

really, then why did he ask if Max was a stray, i'm also wondering what made Max decide to wear one
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

because if you're petnapping for ransom or something, what's the use of petnapping a stray?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
sean21

Post by sean21 »

yeah you have a point there, i withdraw my question
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:because if you're petnapping for ransom or something, what's the use of petnapping a stray?
Fox would also be a likely target if his owner happens to be a cop as well, but then again, it seems like Fox has the rough luck of being a target for kidnapping because he's a husky as well.

As for Max, he doesn't seem like a good target in my honest opinion for a ransom. But then again, if Jeff and Bill know each other well enough, he mightbe using Max as a back-up plan incase things with Fox don't work out. Depends on how much credit we're willing to give the kidnapper in this case.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Rook

Post by Rook »

Keep in mind that this current "kidnapping" is also the kidnapping Fox mentioned in the earlier strips.

Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Grape arrives to save the day!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yay, Grape gets to save them. ^_^

and bite Max's ear.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yay! Now to rescue them, shouldn’t be to hard!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Okay, everyone looks cute in this one. Awwwwwww.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

The looks on Fox's face in the last panel just says "there's no way I'm getting out of here."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:yay, Grape gets to save them. ^_^

and bite Max's ear.
With those "cat-like" reflexes of hers, it's amazing Grape didn't land on them fangs first.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

This arc is reminding me why I love max
:lol:
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok we know for sure its not PETA that petnapped them. The questions now are who did, and why did they? I have no idea who but I can guess it might be for some kind of ransom. Also Fox and Max are either older then I though or Grape was really small for a kitten.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Kitela wrote:Grape arrives to save the day!
I wouldn't be surprised to learn Grape is only there because she smelled catnip.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

And this is why Max thinks Grape is one of the coolest cats around =P

and bite Max's ear.
And then suddenly, the threat of balancing his ears out is alot more meaningful.

You know, I honestly considered that a possibility. If Grape however inflicted that, that would most likely mean she's dating Max out of regret. Not to say that's a bad thing to be doing though. If she thought of him the wrong way initially, I like to know if there was anything besides being a popular cat that changed her mind later on?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:And this is why Max thinks Grape is one of the coolest cats around =P

and bite Max's ear.
And then suddenly, the threat of balancing his ears out is alot more meaningful.

You know, I honestly considered that a possibility. If Grape however inflicted that, that would most likely mean she's dating Max out of regret. Not to say that's a bad thing to be doing though. If she thought of him the wrong way initially, I like to know if there was anything besides being a popular cat that changed her mind later on?
Actually IMO if she is did bite his ear (which is possible) it could be that shes dating him to try and change him from being a jerk. Think about it the guy said or did something so stupid or jerkish that she bit his ear and tore a piece out of it. Its less likely to be regret and more likely to be an attempt to change who he is. Though it could be regret or a mixture of both and I really have to disagree with you dating someone out of regret for something you did (or trying to change him or her as I proposed) is not in anyway a healthy or good reason to date somebody.

Edit: Of course this only applies if she did bite his ear and it wasn't Fox which is still very very possible.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

For past strips:
- You know, considering what we know of Bino and have just found out about Fox (how he was in his younger years), could it be possible that Bino learnt his aweful behaviour from Fox? He seems to be older than Bino, perhaps he looked up to Fox as some kind of mentor back then. Just a thought.

Current strip:
- Now that Grape has found both Fox and Max, would she tell Fox what Max said about him? I wonder how a grumpy and brooding Fox would react to that.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:Actually IMO if she is did bite his ear (which is possible) it could be that shes dating him to try and change him from being a jerk. Think about it the guy said or did something so stupid or jerkish that she bit his ear and tore a piece out of it. Its less likely to be regret and more likely to be an attempt to change who he is. Though it could be regret or a mixture of both and I really have to disagree with you dating someone out of regret for something you did (or trying to change him or her as I proposed) is not in anyway a healthy or good reason to date somebody.

Edit: Of course this only applies if she did bite his ear and it wasn't Fox which is still very very possible.
Well that's what i mean though. I'm taking a chance in saying she might've been the one that caused the bite mark and initially started dating him not only because she knew he was looking to go on a date with Grape, but she might've regretted doing that to him initially. Changing Max's attitude is hard to say because it seems like she's more pro to his attitude; just doesn't like it when he gets too personal about it.

And sorry, i shouldn't of said regret. what i meant was dating people for making mistakes; it's usually a cute way to start a relationship in some fiction in my opinion as long as they don't start forcing their dislikes on one another. Though i initially thought the mistake at first was turning down Max's offer, this arc shows there mightbe more to it than that than i realize. I'm still skeptical if it's because of the ear though, but it's a theory i enjoy thinking about!
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I guess it is possible that she started dating him out of regret, and that's partly why she found their first date so awkward.

I have a feeling the stranger isnt a man at all. At first i thought that the way the stranger was drawn was odd, it's very angular and there's a bump that seemed to neither suggest his knees or his feet but then i realized he was kneeling, or maybe he isnt. Anyway i'm proposing that the stranger is actually an animal in disguise.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
sean21

Post by sean21 »

i thought of it as a joke, Rick made the stranger danger guy look exactly like the picture on the sign, also i didnt get the exchanger part when i first read it until RandomGeekNamedBrent had said something

also look i got a picture now
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Just as a random musing, I'm beginning to think that showing Max getting a chunk of his ear ripped out is a bit graphic for the comic. It just seems more like something that would happen off-screen, between comics. Kind of a Charlie the Unicorn, "Oh god; they took my freakin' kidney!" thing. I figure if it does happen in this arc, it'll probably happen off-screen with Max waking up in a bed, looking in the mirror and freaking out about a piece of his ear being missing, and then shrugging it off as a potential "tough guy" fashion statement. Possibly discussing (with Grape or whoever is there with him) the potential of getting some earrings and a tattoo to go with his "new look".

On the topic of the newest comic... just... cuteness overload. Oh gosh. Hahaha. Everything about this comic just makes me want to give all of them a big hug. Like, seriously. Also, Grape has got some serious swagger goin' on in that last panel. Fo' real, son.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

JohnWillow wrote:Anyway i'm proposing that the stranger is actually an animal in disguise.
Would you go so far as to say it's...Pete?!
sean21

Post by sean21 »

lol but what would he gain from kidnapping them, also your forgetting he doesnt get released until their all older, remember the comic when Zach ran away
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

kuga tenreu wrote:lol but what would he gain from kidnapping them, also your forgetting he doesnt get released until their all older, remember the comic when Zach ran away
*Sigh*
Immediately my poorly built argument topples.
Rook

Post by Rook »

Grape to the rescue? This should be interesting. Maybe Grape should start her own comic about a superhero cat that saves helpless dogs from dognappers.

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Stripe's boyfriend Spot who is totally not a dog
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Rook wrote:Maybe Grape should start her own comic about a superhero cat that saves helpless dogs from dognappers.
Ebly wrote:Stripe's boyfriend Spot who is totally not a dog
Grape is in the middle of writing her Spot fanfiction and BAM!!!
Another one of these moments.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/06/ ... nd-taking/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Somehow the idea of Grape writing Spot fanfiction strikes me as cute.
sean21

Post by sean21 »

lol i think i figured out what Fox is thinking, he's thinking: why didnt they gag him?

also when reed it sounds better when Fox says they instand of he, does anyone else feel that way... here look at this

why didnt [b]he[/b] gag him. why didnt [b]they[/b] gag him.
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:Somehow the idea of Grape writing Spot fanfiction strikes me as cute.
fanfiction about a comic within another comic?
We're in too deep!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz