Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

Post by Seth »

GameCobra wrote:Awkward moments are the best moments in this comic. but poor Grape can't catch a light awkward moment, huh? Especially with Res around this time XD

And everyone on the forums will now jump to this small little detail. <.<
Set sail
Shippers ahoy!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

All i wanted to know is if Max had a bite on his ear when he was a kitten in this arc, really X3

I do like to say though: I think the funny thing is if Grape did admit she liked dogs it turns out to not be a problem with cats since so far most cats seem to think the idea of liking a dog is fine. That probably won't stop cats from dating cats though for various reasons. It could even be one of this kind of thinking that Fox is basing his 'sinister cats' idea around.

However, i believe the exception will of course be Maxwell.

I don't doubt Maxwell at all, but i cannot deny that hanging out with Bino though will probably rub off on him in the end in terms of cat/dog relationships and hopefully he'll have to fix it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Do most cats not have a problem with it? Res is kinda weird, so I'm not sure he's the best representative.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The Barn cats seemed fine with it. As for Res, he certainly isn't the best candidate either, but if Grape took a opinion to heart it would probably be Res. So far we haven't seen any cats as far as i'm aware that are against dog/cat relationships. Taken for granted, that don't stop them from favoring cat/cat relationships though =D
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Kyderra wrote:words
BAHAHAHAHA
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know I was thinking the problem pets have with dogs dating cats and vice versa might be a childhood thing; and adult pets might grow out of it.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Seth wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Awkward moments are the best moments in this comic. but poor Grape can't catch a light awkward moment, huh? Especially with Res around this time XD

And everyone on the forums will now jump to this small little detail. <.<
Set sail
Shippers ahoy!!!
This is why I keep a fleet of U-boats around.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I dont know why it's been assumed that she's ran to her bedroom, that could just as easily be the front door of the house :lol:

I have a feeling Res will soon ask if she knew any cats back then and we'll see Max come into it.

I'm curious as to why she called it their "Special Time". I just think its a strange phrase to use even to a long distance friend who happens to be the writer of a famous book series.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Hmm. I wonder if Grape learned to fight from Fox in order to survive with the dogs. Call me crazy, but then again, those were some wrestling moves.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I wonder if this arc will end just in time for valentines day with a big, big, big twist

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JohnWillow wrote:
I'm curious as to why she called it their "Special Time". I just think its a strange phrase to use even to a long distance friend who happens to be the writer of a famous book series.
She has a huge crush on him that's why. Edit: Oh and we know its her bedroom because Peanut said "either shes crying into her pillow" which would be in her room
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IceKitsune wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:
She has a huge crush on him that's why.
Gapres Gapres Gapres~
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:
She has a huge crush on him that's why.
Gapres Gapres Gapres~
Heck I'm not even saying that as a shipping thing. I mean its kind of really obvious that she does.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I think i understand your reasons but could you clarify why you think she has a crush on him

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The way that she has been acting though this whole arc with him (shes been crushing on him since he first showed up at the door), and the fact that you brought up that she calls him being there her "Special Time" with Res. Heck the only thing that's missing is her having a sign that says I want your Kittens on it.
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

[x] Peanut being a good host and keeping Res company while she was making some tea, but still gets beaten by Grape.
[x] Grape acting over possessive about Res.
[x] Res making an innocent yet embarrassing observation about Grape.
[x] Both Res and Peanut unintentionally hurt Grape to the point she ran off to cry.
[ ] incoming shiptease
yeesssss it's bound to happen :lol:
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

There's an assumption being made that Res said it's cute to be attracted to dogs. What, in the story Peanut was telling, would lead Res to assume Grape has such an attraction? The word "interest" does not apply exclusively to romantic interest.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:There's an assumption being made that Res said it's cute to be attracted to dogs. What, in the story Peanut was telling, would lead Res to assume Grape has such an attraction? The word "interest" does not apply exclusively to romantic interest.
Your right but I don't think anyone is assuming that Res even knew what he was saying. The thing is Grape took it that way so it doesn't matter exactly how Res meant it.
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Dissension wrote:There's an assumption being made that Res said it's cute to be attracted to dogs. What, in the story Peanut was telling, would lead Res to assume Grape has such an attraction? The word "interest" does not apply exclusively to romantic interest.
Not attracted, Interested in dogs. Yeah, it's probably Grape who is making assumptions here. It might be the case Res doesn't even fully understand the implications of the whole cat/doglover thing (or he just doesn't care, I'm sure not all pets are so close minded).
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Yea, those are just what i was thinking of. Also when she said a while back "I think i ruined my chances of having the best friend ever". Then again perhaps she's just excited that she's finally getting the chance to hang out with him.

I think i found the evidence that she's still in the living room. Grape's pillow is blue right....look closely at panel 1.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/ ... years-res/

Like i wrote before i have a gut feeling that this arc will end with a twist, one that looks like this

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/ ... d-no-play/

with Res and Grape holding hands

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

What I'm saying is the implications of inter-species romance have no bearing on what Res said. Of course, Grape misinterpreted it, but the fanclusion (fan conclusion) seems to be that Res was making a statement about cat-dog romance.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

res comes from a filthy rich family

he probably lives out on the west coast in a city where cats marry birds
ImageImage
ImageImage
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Sinder wrote:res comes from a filthy rich family

Yeah muffins and cookies them rich people, they can just buy everything including interspecies relationships!
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sinder wrote:res comes from a filthy rich family

I thought Res was Canadian because his collar symbol thingy looks like a maple leaf.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

in canada, cats marry mice
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In Canada, the raccoons marry the cats.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

and dogs play hockey?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Bears Vs. Moose.

Dogs are the referees.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Kitela wrote:and dogs play hockey?
(I like to think so)

Foxstar wrote:
Set sail
Shippers ahoy!!!
This is why I keep a fleet of U-boats around.[/quote]

and we thank you for that.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

JohnWillow wrote:I wonder if this arc will end just in time for valentines day with a big, big, big twist
I thought we were going to get a King and Bailey arc... :|
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

That'll come one of these days, unless you've heard that from someone.

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sure Rick said it on Twitter at one point.

But man, Poor Grape. She can't catch a break. Hopefully that changes sometime for the better X3
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

IceKitsune wrote:The way that she has been acting though this whole arc with him (shes been crushing on him since he first showed up at the door), and the fact that you brought up that she calls him being there her "Special Time" with Res. Heck the only thing that's missing is her having a sign that says I want your Kittens on it.
I think you might be confusing a 'crush' for 'starstruck'

Remember, she's with the creator of her most beloved series, not just for a few moments, but in her own house. It's kind of for a Potter fangirl getting a week to live with J.K.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Foxstar wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:The way that she has been acting though this whole arc with him (shes been crushing on him since he first showed up at the door), and the fact that you brought up that she calls him being there her "Special Time" with Res. Heck the only thing that's missing is her having a sign that says I want your Kittens on it.

Remember, she's with the creator of her most beloved series, not just for a few moments, but in her own house. It's kind of for a Potter fangirl getting a week to live with J.K.
True the two do tend to blend together a lot so I could be misreading it. However conversely since being a starstruck fangirl and crushing on a celebrity (which Res is) tend to blend together a lot I could also easily be right.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

IceKitsune wrote:
Foxstar wrote:

True the two do tend to blend together a lot so I could be misreading it. However conversely since being a starstruck fangirl and crushing on a celebrity (which Res is) tend to blend together a lot I could also easily be right.
'Celebrity crush' tends to involve a lot of afar 'oh s/he is so [adjective]', from what I've seen. Grape certainly isn't doing that.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ebly wrote:'Celebrity crush' tends to involve a lot of afar 'oh s/he is so [adjective]', from what I've seen. Grape certainly isn't doing that.
That's because 99% of the time the person doesn't personally know said celebrity and have them come over their house.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

IceKitsune wrote:
Ebly wrote:'Celebrity crush' tends to involve a lot of afar 'oh s/he is so [adjective]', from what I've seen. Grape certainly isn't doing that.
That's because 99% of the time the person doesn't personally know said celebrity and have them come over their house.
Well it's not like she was doing that before knowing Res either! This is more a celebrity-crush Grape.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ebly wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Well it's not like she was doing that before knowing Res either! This is more a celebrity-crush Grape.
You know that could be because this is the 3rd time Res has shown up or was even mentioned in the comic at all. Also before knowing Res she thought that the writer of the Pridelands novels was a human female.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

IceKitsune wrote:You know that could be because this is the 3rd time Res has shown up or was even mentioned in the comic at all. Also before knowing Res she thought that the writer of the Pridelands novels was a human female.
Yeah, you're right there, I did think of that. But then promptly discarded it for convenience for my point. *giggles*

Nah, you could be right. I doubt it, honestly, but it's definitely not outside the bounds of possibility
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hope we learn how he lost part of his ear!