Burning embers II: Flames that never die

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Luna werewolf

Burning embers II: Flames that never die

Post by Luna werewolf »

For the full details of Ember’s past/before this bit, go to: http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 29&start=0 and read it. I recommend you do, you won’t understand it if you don’t. But, be warned, the writing was pretty bad back then, so if you're ultur-super-dooper critical, don't read it.

--------

Ember closed his eyes and let his mind drift. Tendrils of his thoughts touched every living creature, searching for something he couldn’t put his paws on. The tendrils searched high and low, looking. Eventually, Ember felt a sharp pain in one of them, and he focused on it. It had found something strange.

The soft, fluffy blonde bunny lay snoring against an apple-tree. Occasionally, pets and owners passed, not giving him a second glance. He enjoyed not being able to be seen, blending in.

The bunny’s soft snores gradually slowed and stopped, and he looked out at the clear blue sky. His gaze lowered to the normal houses and streets. Streets, the bunny reasoned, would soon run red with blood.

The pain in Ember’s mind was terrible, aching, thumping pain. He didn’t know why it was there. He couldn’t focus his mind with it bearing into his skull. He felt his presence in the park where the bunny was wavering, promising to collapse.

“Ember,” The bunny’s soft voice crooned.

Ember’s focus waned, and was now unbearable, weighing his thoughts like a thousand tons of pain. He finally collapsed from his focus, the tendrils of his thoughts zipping back like elastic that had been stretched and let go again. But the pain didn’t stop; it bored into his skull, taking over his brain, making him wish he were dead.

“How pathetic,” The bunny said, softly, and even though he was a mile or so away, Ember heard every word the bunny said.

Ember tried to curl into a ball, tears flowing down his cheeks, wishing only that the unbearable pain would stop. And it did. Relief flooded over him, and he got up, running a paw along his cheek, wiping away the tears.

The bunny laughed, a hard, cruel laugh, and dissolved into thin air. No-one saw his disspearance. No-one ever did.
Last edited by Luna werewolf on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Helmetzid

Re: Burning embers II: Flames that never die

Post by Helmetzid »

YAY!! return of ember, and a fluffy bunny as a villan, hmm*begins to use overactive brain*good start off, cant wait for more
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Keep up the good work can't wait for next update.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

intrigued and wanting more. keep up the good work.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

HA HA Haaa! and it seams the REAL fun starts now~ Let the Games mayhem BEGIN!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hey, this rabbit isn't you in disguise, is it Kizer?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

I only did a bunny coz' people always underestamate them. All they see when they look at them is a cute, lost bunny, and never look deeper, and sometimes that's enough to drive them crazy.
hey, this rabbit isn't you in disguise, is it Kizer?
I hope not, if it is I fear for us all.

I wonder if Kizer has a deep and trobled mind? Or was he just born/spawned from the devil like that?

No offence.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

It looks kinda small. But hey, I've had a bad day

Part one: Calm before the storm.

Chapter one: Thoughts

Ember lay on his back recovering. Questions like: What was that? And who was that? Ran around his brain like badly trained mice. He sighed, and tried to relax. He couldn’t.

Pete? Ember asked, nervously.

What? Pete’s familiar voice asked.

Something creepy happened Ember said, and sent his memories of the past few minutes.

Oh, god this is bad! Pete exclaimed, and began to distance his mind.

What, what is it?! Ember asked.

I’ll talk with you in person later, I have stuff to do now, sorry. Pete said, and distanced his mind completely.

Ember lay on his back and closed his eyes. He drifted into a dreamless, restless sleep.

Squirt was curled up in a ball, her tail tucked under her tiny muzzle. She was far away, dreaming a sleep full of things that only happen in dreams.

She was curled up on a branch, level with Ember’s window. She was wild, after all. Ember’s curtains were unusually drawn. But Squirt hadn’t been bothered with this. However paranoid Ember was, he had been acting weird lately.

A long shadow fell across her, barely visible in the dimming light of day. A soft-looking blonde bunny crouched almost cat-like in the branches, his long ears flopping over, almost covering his eyes, that were now glowing purple in the twilight of dusk.

He smiled as smile that would send shivers down any pet that’d seen it. “Easy prey,” He whispered.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

short is fine. I love short updates, because I always have time to read them, and they don't have to sit in browser tabs for days or weeks like the long ones.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

the only time ANYone wants Pete and... he runs for it... now I'm just hopeing Great Kitsune and Spirit Dragon don't ruin the Fun

"Fixed"
Last edited by KizerZin on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

KizerZin wrote:the only time ANYone wants Pete and Poof... he runs for it... now I'm just hopeing GK and SD don't ruin the run
Sorry, what?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter three: (....Can't think of a title...)

Ember woke when he heard a scream. He leapt out of bead, and rushed downstairs to see if it was Iris. Iris, however, was stunned, yet fine. Squirt he thought desperately. He rushed upstairs, and drew back the curtains, and looked out. But Squirt was just sitting on the branch, normally.

“Why’d you scream?” Ember asked, relived.

“I got my tail caught it the branch. I’m fine now. It just hurt,” Squirt smiled, “You look flushed. You should get more sleep.”

Ember was a bit put off. Usually, Squirt would take anything and look at him as if he was crazy and pretend she hadn’t scream or something, much less give him health advice.

He nodded vaguely, and closed the window, lost in his thoughts.

I’ll meet you at Tarot’s house, now, Pete said, be there, it’s important

Squirt’s acting weird Ember thought.

Come now! Pete thought desperately.

Okay, I’m coming Ember said, and rushed to Tarot’s.

Inside Tarot’s house was creepy. The walls and floors blend into each other, forming a pinkish red void that stretched out in all directions. Across the floor, if it was the floor, was millions of circles with a star in the middle, and weird runes along the outside.

Three from the right Pete’s voice whispered. Ember walked to the one three from his right, and took a breath. He jumped through the middle.

Suddenly, he was in a long and green meadow that stretched on as far as the eye could see. Tiny white flowers poked through the long grass, smelling strongly of cinnamon. Ember felt the kitten-like urge to roll around forever in the cinnamon grass, but he resisted it.

He spotted an enormous blue griffon, a large white Kitsune, a mystical green dragon with green aura, an annoyed looking corgi, and a cat with a long black coat and a scythe.

Ember rushed through the grass, leaping over the taller stalks, until he came to the peculiar group. He knew who everyone was, except the cat with the long coat that draped over his paws and the hood of which flopped over that cat’s eyes and nose. The cat’s tail was hidden within the folds of the black coat.

The mouth of the cat and the fur around it was blacker than pitch, almost unreal in its depth. There was something familiar, in the way the cat stood; the way the cat rested his or her wait on one leg that was strangely familiar.

“Take your hood off,” Pete scowled, as much as a bird could. He was obviously in a very bad mood, or very worried, and was snapping at anything that would, in normal circumstances, had only been vaguely annoying.

The cat lifted his paws hidden in the coat, and pulled off his coat, revelling startling bright gold eyes. They shinned when the cat looked at Ember, as if he recognised him. His eyes were bright, but behind them Ember saw misery, loss, and things no cat or dog or any animal should ever see.

“Ember, it’s been too long,” The cat smiled. He had a soft, voice, but one that hid sorrow.

“Oh...” Pete said, noticing Ember’s look of confusion, “Don’t you remember Cole?”

Ember shook his head, and the cat’s smile, Cole’s, grew wider.

“He is your brother, for heaven’s sake,” Pete growled.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Hello "Luna"~!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Wow, surprises and more surprises. A job well done there Luna.
Yes, I am a furry.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, this is certainly different! Your writing has improved immensely and it is a pleasure to read such a story! I cannot wait for the next update.

So Ember has a brother. And this bunny is quite the villain.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Thanks for all the possitive comments guys! Expect tears in this chapter. It looks long, but that's because it's got a bit of talkin'.

WAAAAIT! READ THE NEXT SECTION OF THE STORY FIRST!!!!! I MESSED UUUUP!!!

Chapter five: bad memories

“You don’t want to know,” Cole said.

“I do,” Ember said.

“You don’t. You’ll say that, and then I’ll tell you, and you’ll wish you’d said you didn’t want to hear it,” Cole said.

“You won’t know until you tell me,” Ember said.

“I’m not telling you,” Cole said, firmly.

“You are going to,” Ember said.

“I’m not,”

“You are! I’m going to force it out of you anyway I can!”

“I’m. Not. Going. To. Tell. You,” Cole said, making each word sound like a death note.

“You are,”

“Not,”

“You totally are,”

“No, I’m totally not going to tell you,”

“I’m going to keep bugging you until you tell me!”

“This argument is going to go on forever,”

“Not if you give in,”

“Not if you give in,”

“No, you’re going to give in first,”

Cole smiled. “You’re a lot like me, more than you know,” Cole said.

“And will you ever give in?”

“No...”

“So neither will I!”

“Fine, I’ll tell you,” Cole sighed, “later.”

“Now,” Ember said. For some reason he was in an annoying mood.

“No,” Cole said.

“Yes, or else you won’t tell me,” Ember said.

“Fine!” Cole exclaimed. Ember winced from the ferocity of the shout. “I’ll tell you.”

He sighed and began his story “We didn’t originally live in Babylon, our family. We, mum, dad, Alice my little sister, you and me, we lived in Starport. Starport was the biggest port town in the country, and everyone lived there. They called it Starport because the legend surrounding the town was that one day, the stars would rain down from the heavens, and kill all but one of us. We didn’t believe it. But it was true.

“You left the night before. Dad was really angry that you’d managed to find your way out of the house, and got lost. So he sent me and Alice to look for you. That night,” Cole said, “The stars rained down from the night sky, to kill us all. They looked like stars, but they weren’t. They were...” Cole wiped tears from his eyes.

“They were like your stereotypical dragon, except worse. They had faded white scales, and eyes that were rimmed with red, but sightless. They had leathery wings that were cut and scarred. And on their backs were soldiers with their very souls sucked out of them, like zombies, like an empty shell of a human. They killed us all. They tore us limb-from-limb. They set fire to buildings. We were defenceless. Alice died in my arms, saving me,” more tears escaped Cole’s eyes, “I fought like never before. I tried, and failed to save anyone.”

Ember was stunned speechless. He knew now that Cole was right. He hadn’t wanted to hear it. Half of him wanted to stop Cole speaking, the other half wanted to keep him talking. The halves were fighting in his mind, he felt torn.

“From that moment, I knew I couldn’t be defenceless again. I couldn’t watch anymore friends die around me. I couldn’t. That night...” Cole said, his voice wavering, “I spoke to the devil. I wanted power, to save those around me, to save them from their fates...” Cole’s eyes were streaming uncontrollably. “H-he said h-he needed a favour, a-an un-named price. And I agreed. I-I had nothing to lose. I didn’t know about you.” Cole said.

“It could be anything,” Cole sobbed. Ember put his hand on his shoulder, feeling the uncomfortable feeling of not knowing how to react, or what to do. “I-it could be to murder, o-or to punish someone,” Cole whispered.

Neither of the cats knew how long the stood there, Ember staring out into the vanishing sun, Cole’s sobs slowly getting few and far between. Finally, Cole straitened up, and leapt off the building.
Last edited by Luna werewolf on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Ok nice chapter but you have a major problem. Weren't they just in a meadow talking and now they are on top of a building! That is a major plot hole. but other than that it was great. Also is Cole based off your own brother Theo?
Yes, I am a furry.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice backstory. I like Cole's dealings. Very emotional.

When did they get on top of a building?
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

hahahahaha! Whoops. I posted the wrong bit of my story. lol. :? Pretend you read this first. hehehehehehehhe. sorry.

This is the bit I was meant to put:

Chapter four: You what?

“My what?” Ember spluttered.

“Your brother,” Pete repeated.

“I don’t have one,” Ember said.

“You do.” Pete sighed, “Anyway, it doesn’t matter, and we need to talk about the bunny situation.”

“You make it sound like a cute, little bunny’s got lost or something,” Kitsune snorted.

“Shut up. Anyway, we, me, Kitsune, and the spirit dragon, have come to a conclusion. We will go and fight the majority of the war, while you guys stay here and look after Babylon.” Pete explained.

“Why Babylon? Why not, I don’t know, the treasury?” Cole asked.

“Because Babylon Gardens is home to the cage of the mighty red dragon, the most powerful thing or animal or person in the universe,” Pete said.

“What?” Cole, Ember, and King chorused.

“And they just built a town on it?” Cole asked, “Why not a fortress full of demons?”

“Because a fortress would be too obvious, only a few have knowledge of the dragon. Most of them are here. And we know that when the time comes, Babylon’s pets will rise to the challenge. Why do you think we try and get our avatars from here and here alone?” Pete said.

“You’re just saying that. A fortress would be much better, you only won’t build one because you think you’re worth a million armies,” King scowled.

“I am,” Pete said, “Worth a billion armies.”

“You’re just proving my point now,” King scowled again.

“So, we’ll just stay here and call you if there’s trouble?” Cole said, stopping Pete from replying. Fights like these would go on forever.

It wasn’t really a question, but Pete answered anyway, “Yes. Now, you lot, scurry off and play messenger.”

Cole and King made to get up, but Ember asked Pete directly, “Who’s the bunny?”

“It doesn’t matter, he’s just-” Pete began.

“Tell me who he is, don’t waffle,” Ember said, interrupting him directly.

Pete scowled, his feathered eyebrows knotting together in a look that just said annoyance. “He’s the soft furred one, Nemesis” Pete growled, through his beak.

“Death bunny,” Cole grinned. Ember grinned too.

“No go! We have things to talk about!” Pete growled. Ember, King, and Cole got up and left the way they came, through a hyper-dimensional, magical portal into another universe, made by a possessed blonde dog. It sounds funny when you put it on paper.

Cole and Ember went back to Ember’s house. He’d bought the house from a group of pet-less neighbours who never connected with anyone, and were allergic to pets. He’d bought it easily.

“Cool place,” Cole muttered. Ember nodded.

“Who’s he?” Iris asked. She was leaning in the doorway to the kitchen, arms folded.

“My brother,” Ember said. Iris raised an eyebrow.

“Brother?” She asked, suspiciously.

“You know, separated at birth bull****” Cole grinned. Iris hated swearing. Swear words are for times when you need strong words, and if you use them all the time, you’ll have nothing to use when you need strong words.

“Uh-huh, I can see the family resemblance. I’m going to be in my room, figuring out how to get world peace if you need me,” Iris said, sarcastically, and disappeared up the stairs.

“I don’t think she likes me,” Cole said, after her white tail had disappeared from view.

“Me neither. She’ll like you eventually. Just don’t swear,” Ember said. They both walked upstairs, and out onto the roof.

The fading lights of dusk painted the wisps of cloud pink and orange in the dying sun. It was beautiful. Ember was stunned. Even in an urban town, the earth made the sky beautiful as if nothing had ever happened, and it was still un-spoilt countryside. He turned his head to see Cole’s reaction, and saw he was crying.

“Why are you crying?” Ember asked.

“Just...” Cole’s voice sounded distant, and sorrowful, “Memories.”

“Tell me about them.” Ember said, suddenly.

“What?” Cole asked, wiping tears from his jet black fur.

“Tell me about my family, what happened when I disappeared,” Ember said.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Ok it makes sense now. Keep up the good work
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Death Bunny... Wow! I have nothing left to say...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

that rabbit's dynamite.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am sorry, but Star Trek forever ruined the word Nemesis for me! :lol:

Awesome name for the creepy death bunny though! Ember will have his work cut out for him.

Can't wait for the next update!
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter six: EEEEEVVVIIIL!!!!

“What?!” Ember screamed, and he watched his only remaining family member jump off the building. There was a thump and a squeal, and Cole was floating in mid air, holding a struggling Squirt.

“Let-go-of-me!” Squirt hissed, trying to wriggle free.

“Let go of her,” Ember said.

“Why? She was spying on us!” Cole growled.

Let go of her” Ember hissed. Cole threw squirt onto the roof, and she landed on her feet, turned, hissed, and skidded off.

“Why did you throw her?!” Ember asked, annoyed.

“Because she’s possessed,” Cole said, and walked through the air onto the roof.

“No, she’s not,” Ember said.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Cole said, rubbing his eyes. “I’m going to bed.”
And with that, he dived off the roof, and leapt onto the neighbour’s roof, and bounded from roof the roof, into the distance.

“Come on, Squirt,” Ember said, looking up at her as she sat in the highest branch.

“No!” Squirt hissed. Ember shook his head. She was obviously tired, so was acting differently. He walked inside the building, and settled on his bed, sitting up, staring at the wall, thinking.

Ember thought he must of zoned out, because he was snatched back into reality by a high pitched wail of noise, and something brown, furry, and with bright purple eyes leapt at his throat.

He was too stop to react, and before he knew it, Squirt’s tiny paws were ripping at his throat. He pulled her off, sending her flying back into the wall, landing with a thud. Squirt leapt up again, reading herself for another leapt, but Ember was on top of her pinning her down with a bin before she could attack again.

He heard her scrabbling and wailing inside the bin, and he knew she would keep scratching forever if he didn’t do anything. He threw off the bin, and Squirt was momentarily surprised, and he put both paws on her, pinning her down.

He wrestled her into a cage he had on his wardrobe that she slept in if it was raining outside, and he closed the door quickly behind her, doing up the latches.

Squirt wailing a wail that wasn’t human or animal, more twisted, and venomous, and threw herself at the side, trying to make the cage fall off the wardrobe, but Ember caught it and stuffed it in one of the empty draws, pushing a chair to stop the draw coming out.

He sighed, lamenting the fact his best friend had turned evil and was now possessed.

Nemesis grinned as he watched through the pathetic squirrel’s eyes. All was going to plan. The bright red cat hardly posed a threat to the evil genius, but he enjoyed watching people or pet’s mind become fearful and paranoid, as they realised they couldn’t trust anyone.

The black cat, “Cole” however, was a good enemy to have, as he would prove more of a challenge. He had mastered his mind, and had incredible power.

But his whole being is only sustained by the fact his brother hadn’t died. If he were to kill Ember, Cole would be thrust onto the deep spiral into madness and hatred of all living things. Therefore, he would be a useful alley to have. But if he killed Ember, then Cole’s madness would all be directed at him, and he would die a very painful death at his hands.

Nemesis lent on the velvet inside of the car, watching the streets flash by his window. Soon every human and pet that had discriminated against him would be dead, along with the others, and the world would be his to rule as he saw fit.

A/N: The title makes sence now, doesn't it? Excuse the C*** writing.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Good read. Spelling could use a little help, but that is fine.

I wonder how Cole and Ember will pull through it all...

Hope Squirt's okay...
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter seven: I think he went into the basement, but I’d let him be if I were you

Burley wood hotel wasn’t famed for its popularity. Barely anyone actually came to it. It was on a hill, surrounded by trees, with a lonely road climbing up to it.

A small, cute, blonde bunny climbed out of a tinted-windowed car, and walked up the gravel path to the revolving doors, which he walked through coolly. His amazing brain singled out the boss, a weary looking woman with messy black hair tied up in a bun.

“Excuse me, Madame,” The bunny, said innocently. The woman glanced down at the cute, innocent, bunny staring at her with strange purple eyes. Such beautiful purple eyes, she thought dimly.

The bunny focused his energy, looking deep into the woman’s blue eyes. “You will give me your hotel and fire all your staff, won’t you?” The bunny said, in his innocent tone, swirls of blue entering his purple eyes.

“Yes,” The woman said, and the bunny snapped his gaze away. “Sorry, Nemesis, darling, I’ve got to go and fire my staff, I’ll give you the hotel right away!” She said, in a cheery tone.

Nemesis rolled his eyes and sighed. Such thick-skulled humans were easy to control, they always thought they were the cleverest, and that their decisions are their own, and never think twice about anything. He made his way to the cellar, passing staff as they got their last pay check and walked out of the door, confused.

The cellar was dark and dusty, with old magazines and clutter piling up along the walls. Nemesis pointed a lazy paw at a wall and the clutter zoomed away, smashing against other walls. He placed his paw on the dusty wall, and pressed a long ear to it.

Once he was sure it was the right wall, Nemesis placed a paw on it, squeezing closed his eyes and concentrating hard, sparks of blue raced along his furry arm, diving in and out of his skin leaving no mark. When enough sparks were concentrated in his paw, he whispered the words.

Izula, Kiratha, bejula, Hizard” he whispered, smaller, higher voices echoing in his voice. The wall burst apart sending shards of rubble in all directions, revelling a long network of tunnels that was under the whole world, just that the Burley wood’s hotel’s cellar’s entrance was the thinnest, and the easiest to enter.

Soon the mysterious Red Dragon would be at his beck and call for all eternity!

I may not be able to post some more for a while, because I'll be in the carrabien for a week. So, Here's the next chapter, in advance:

Chapter eight: I think you broke it

Every magical animal and being heard it. It was like the sound of something huge being torn apart. It woke them if they were sleeping, and held them still if they were awake. It was prehistoric, yet timeless. It was frightening beyond belife, yet strangly calming.

Almost none of the Magical being population, most of them being pets or ferals, didn’t know what it was, but they did know that everyone was in terrible danger. But Pete knew, and it scared him more than anything. They were more than in terrible danger. Every single one of them was personally doomed.

Pete was paralized as the sound echoed in his mind. He didn’t move until long after sound had dimmed away into nothing. “Oh, gods, we’re all in deep trouble,” Pete whispered to himself.

The One Of Soft Fur rubbed his hands together with glee. All was going to plan, and soon the world would kneel before him, worshiping the ground he walked on.

Ember was paralized by the sound, and like Pete, was motionless long after it was gone. But, unlike Pete, a soft yet horrifying voice echoed in his mind like a cruel song;

When you see nothing but blood and bone,
When the flames dance like shadows,
A heart, a friend will lone,
To journey to eternal meadow,

“When the lights above are dimming,
And the world is all but lost,
When the hope of life is slimming,
A saivor have you must

Ember shuddered sub-consiously, staring at the ceiling. What did it mean? Will I ever find out? Why does whoever say this talk like yoda?
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice little joke at the end. That Bunny has opened Pandora's box, huh?

Have fun in the Caribbean!
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

If anyone is intresed, yes, I had a lovely time at the carribean, in between the annoying bits, i.e. 99% of the time.

"EMBER..."

Ember shuddered when he heard the voice. Why am I hearing strange voices again? I was only yesterday I heard the last one. He thought.

"...COLE...."

Cole's head jerked up. He had been lying on the grassy hills near Ember's house, trying to make shapes out of the clouds.

"...LUNA..."

Luna's head flicked up, trying to work out where the voice came from. "Oh, yes," Luna said, half to herself, "I'm going mad." Plus, why am I even in this, I'm a minor character that noone remembers.

"...YOU ARE CALLED TO BATTLE ON THE HILLS OF BLOOD. BE THERE BY NOON ON THE DAYS OF MOONS OR YOUR FRIENDS WILL PERISH AND ALL HOPE IS LOST!"

Well, there it is. Enjoy. While you're waiting for the next update, please post, and tell me your favourite Character, so I can include her/him more.

BTW I may post ref sheets soon.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

interesting. and weird. and short.
I like it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:...
I like it.

Well, if that isn't a good review, I don't know what is! :lol:

It was a nice little addition to come back with. Just bringing us up to speed. Wonder where the blood comes from... :?

Zach needs to be there! He is the Opener Of Ways... :roll:
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

musclecar326 wrote:Ok nice chapter but you have a major problem. Weren't they just in a meadow talking and now they are on top of a building! That is a major plot hole. but other than that it was great. Also is Cole based off your own brother Theo?
No, my brother Theo is... umm.... "Different".... yeah, I'll stick with that.
I like it.
Thank you~! I try.
Zach needs to be there! He is the Opener Of Ways...
Mmm. I dunno. Zach is proberbly occuptied somewhere else, like, being kidnapped by fearls for the, like, millionth time.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Burning embers cast/ref sheets

Ember Jones
cat
A fun loving, powerful young cat who is a master of the element of animals, who is also dating Isis. He started life out with Cole, but was rushed into a world of magic and danger too fast for him to stop himself from falling. He is bright red like fire, with white belly fur, and a blue collar with a star tag.

Cole Jones
cat
A sinister, solitary pitch-black cat, who is Ember's older brother. He made a deal with the devil for unlimited power, in excange, Cole must do three "favors" or be tortured in hell for evermore if he fails to complete them before he dies. He has already completed two favors, of whitch he does not speak of. Usually wears a long over-coat to hide his scars.

Isis Mcmillan
cat
A stark-white beautiful cat who enjoys spending time with Ember, dancing, and baking. Is also best of friends with Sabrina. Usually isn't seen with a collar on indoors because it pinches her fur, but wears it outside. It is purple, with a gold leaf tag,

Squirt
squirrel
A cute, yet extreemly annoying small squirrel. One of Ember's first friends.

"One of soft fur," or "Death bunny."
Bunny
A hidiously powerful, yet still adorably cute, blonde bunny without a lisence to kill, but he does it anyway. Has shocking purple swirly eyes, and can mesmerise anyone into doing his bidding.

Luna Wilson
Dog
A bubble little bundle of fun, that is used to being shoved to the back and ignored by everyone. She is best of friends with a group of stray cats called the Baxtons, who know everything, and who also raised Luna before she was adopted by Mrs. Wilson. Wears a green collar, and has a USB tag. Has one up ear and one down ear.

The baxtons
Cats
A group of stray cats that know everything about everything, due to gossiping with other stray cats and pets the pass the bins chasing mice. They are made up of three cats; Gywn (Brown fur with green eyes), Cheddar (white/blonde, with blue eyes), and Darcy, (grey with green eyes). There name comes from a hat cheddar used to wear, and they were orignally going to start a band, but decided against it because they would miss out on too much gossip. Gywn is cute, but not very bright, Cheddar is fun-loving and is also a comic book adict, and Shadow is a well-traveled cat. They have known each other for their whole lives, and always look out for each other.

Babylon inhabitance
Various
http://www.housepetscomic.com/cast/
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter nine: Where in the world?

Ember, Cole, and Pete sat around a virtual tea-table, with three drinks of orange soda on the glass surface. Pete scooped up all three and drained them in one.

"So, where are the hills of blood?" Cole asked.

"I don't know everything." Pete said, and picked up a magazine from no-where.

Ember facepalmed. "There is little you attually do know. Come on, Cole, we're not going to get anything from him." Ember pulled Cole by the scruff on his over-coat away from the endless suply of Orange-soda.

Ember pulled out his phone from his collar, and dialed a number. HEY, LUNA HILLS O BLOOD?

A second later, his reply came. WHUT?

Ember sighed. CAN U LET US MEET BAXTONS?

Luna replied. COME AROUND MY PLACE 3

At three o'clock presisely, Ember, and Cole arrived at Luna's house.

"So, you had the dream too!?" Luna asked, excitedly, once she had rushed to open the door.

"Two things, Luna, 1) It's called a vision, 2) I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A VISION!!!" Ember said, calmly.

"Sheeze, you think, just because I'm minor character, I wouldn't have visions!" Luna said, hurt.

"Whatever, you guys, can we meet the baxtons, Luna?" Asked Cole.

"Sure, whenever. Why did you think they'd want you to make an opointment?" Luna asked.

The alley-way that backed Mr. Chippy-man's smelt like mouldy fruit and sofas. Three cats sat on the top of bins, a silver one eating a stale Bagel, a cheese-coloured one drinking a milk-shake, and a brown one read a magazine.

The silver one was the first to spot the three awkward-looking pets walking towards them. He shoved the yellow one who poked the brown one.

"Hi, Luna. Who're your friends." Asked the silver one.

"Hey shadow. These are Ember and Cole." Luna said.

"Hey, are they, you know, 'open'?" The brown one asked. Everyone facepalmed except the brown cat and Cole.

"Why, yes I am!" Cole said, happily, and Ember shoved him.

"Stop flirting." Ember hissed.

Luna glanced at Cole and Ember, and sighed. Men. "Guys, do you know anything about 'The Hills Of Blood'?"

"I do." Shadow said. "Apparently, they're hills that are meant to hide 'The Red Dragon'."

"Great! Where are they?" Luna asked, excitedly.

"Outside Las Vagas." Shadow said.

Luna and Ember sighed in unison, and Cole punched the air.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

An update! Nice... 8-)

Cole's personality sure did change.... from calm to overtly pushy.... Huh.
My characters
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

AWESOME!
A big journey ahead.

Agree with copp, such a change...
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

copper wrote:An update! Nice... 8-)

Cole's personality sure did change.... from calm to overtly pushy.... Huh.
*shrugs* Mood swings.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

Chapter ten: by plane

It was a misty, cold afternoon. The U.S.A.'s presedent's plane took off at exactly 2 in the afternoon. How Cole got the plane from the presedent, Ember could only guess. When asked Cole just shrugged and said, "It was a bet. I won."

Luna turned on the plane's high-tech movie sistem, and flicked through the chanels. When nothing caught her eye, she tossed the remote onto the couch and flopped down next to Isis.

"Hey, Isis." Luna said.

"Hey, Luna, I wanted to ask you something." Isis said.

"What?" Luna asked.

"Well, you know you've been hanging around Cole a lot lately... Do you... ya'know...?" Isis asked.

"What!!" Luna said, flushing bright red, jumping up.

Isis smiled. "Don't worry, I won't judge ya."

"B-but, he's a cat! I'm a dog! There's nothing going on!" Luna said, quickly.

"Sheeze, calm down Luna! It's not like I'm trying to arrest you! Get a grip." Isis said. Luna sat back down.

"Luna?" Cole asked. Luna sat right up, and pulled her nose out of the magazine faster than you could blink.

"Yes?" She said, trying as hard as she could to remain calm.

"Ember wants you." Cole said, drifting off back down the corridor.

"Oh. Ok!" Luna said, hiding her disapointment. She walked down to Ember's room.

"Hi Luna." Ember said, brightly, when Luna appeared at his door.

"Ya wanted someit?" Luna asked.

"Yeah. You know the Baxtons?" Ember said. Luna nodded. "Did they tell you anything else about the red dragon?"

"No. Why?" Luna asked.

Ember sigh. "Just wandering. You can go now."

Luna sighed, and walked away.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

YAY! my request have been approved

it was a short one but it was worth it 8-)

I'll be waiting patiently..
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, not much happened, but an update is an update!

Can't wait for the next one to come. :)
My characters
Luna werewolf

Post by Luna werewolf »

A/N: well, this one is Waaaaay too late, but I'm currently balancing two fanfics, a story, a rp group, Quizzes & stories on quizzila, 3 commisions, and trying to watch Naruto & Naruto shippuden. Sorry guys.

Part Two: The storm

Chapter eleven: Rental

Billy's rental was on the outskirts of Las Vegas, and at this time of day, was empty. Billy himself was cleaning bike spokes behind the counter. He was a short, fat man, with a little tuft of hair under him nose that he was very proud of. Black glasses covered his tiny eyes, and his gaze was in the distance.

The door swung open, and a gust of wind ruffled his pittiful mustach.

If this story were a movie, a figure silheutted against the hot roads behind. The figure would have a long brown over coat, and a cowboy's hat. Underneith it, would be a pair of black glasses like Billy's, but looked so much cooler on the figure. Despite this not being a movie, a figure I have just described stood there.

"Billy." A cool voice from under the cowboy's hat said. "I'm going to use that favor you bet me."

The cowboy's hat came of in a smooth, fast movement of a jet black paw, revealing a midnight black cat with two large, pointy ears directed at Billy.

The cat's glasses slipped down to the end of his nose, showing peircing emerald green eyes.

"Well I'll be darned," Billy said, astonished, "I'd never thought The Black Cat would ever show his face here again."

The Black Cat nodded. "I'll be needing you're fastest car, and quickly too."

"Why's that then, out of cuirousity?" Billy asked.

"I'd tell you, but you wouldn't belive me," The Black Cat said, "It involves a Death Bunny, a red dragon, a blue griffion, and a whole lotta weirdness."

Billy looked confused, but retreated into the back to check the cars out.

A flame red cat appeared next to the black one, closely followed by a white cat and a blonde dog.

"So, did you get him to give us one for free." The blonde dog asked.

The Black Cat nodded.

"Wow." The blonde dog said.

"How'd you do that?" The flame red cat asked his brother.

"My brother," The black cat paused, putting a arm around his flame-red sibling. The black cat leaned in as if he was going to whisper a secreat to him. "I am awesome."

The black car zoomed down the road at break-kneck speed. When asked how he'd got a driving lisence, since he was attually three or four years old, he just shrugged and said he'd been around.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Asked Ember, who was sitting next to Cole.

"What?" Cole asked.

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING?!" Ember yelled.

"Sheeze, you don't have to shout," Smirked Cole, "But I remember Gywn saying that the red dragon lived in some caves in some hills."

"Gywn? Whose she?" Ember asked.

"The brown one from the Baxtons. Remember?" Cole said.

"Oh, right, your girlfriend." Ember said.

"She's not my girlfriend." Cole said.

"Don't worry, your secreat is safe with me." Ember said, in fake surprise.

"There's no secreat to keep 'cause she's not my girlfriend." Cole said.

"Your only fooling yourself." Ember jeered.

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!" Cole yelled.

"Oh, Luna, think they're talking about you." Said Isis grinning.

"What? Isis, he'd never talk about me." Luna said, blushing.

"There talking about girlfriends." Isis said.

"How do you know there not talking about you?" Luna said.

"Oh, honey, I'd know if he was talking about me. Plus, Cole is yelling that someone aint his girlfriend. There proberbly talking about you. Don't worry, it's a good thing." Isis said.

"It's a good thing... why is that a good thing?" Luna asked.

"They always yell that someone isn't their girlfriend, and make a big fuss over it because they're embarresed. If they're embarresed, it generally means they love you!" Isis said, happily.

"I don't think Cole likes me." Luna said.

"Oh, he does." Isis said.

"You really think so?" Luna asked, hopefully. Isis nodded.
Forever bored,
Forever excited,
Forever in love,
Forever lonely,
Forever understood,
Forever misunderstood,
Forever bad,
Forever good,
We are everything.