HPU: Richardson Valley OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: PF: Richardson Valley OOC

Post by Keeshah »

ctcmjh wrote:
QuartzOrren wrote:I'm probably not “wanted”here or mean't to be here either,but I'll try to show Terrelius' ability in another more realistic way.
Criticism does not mean you're not wanted. If we provide constructive criticism, like Keeshah and D-Singer have done, then it means we're trying to help you so the experience is more enjoyable for everyone. It means we want you, so we're going to help you get better.

It's not that your not wanted, your more than welcome to be here.
But at the same time, i also can't allow can't allow a form of powergaming, (which coincidentally is not allowed on any of the Role Play's an is listed in the main forums rules.) known as "Deus ex Machina" ((The term is Latin for "god out of the machine"))
A Deus ex Machina is an outside force or a plot element that didn't previously exist and has no logical explanation behind it, that solves a seemingly unsolvable problem in an extremely unlikely (and, usually, anticlimactic) way.

This post here..
QuartzOrren wrote:Terrelius was running on building sides,following saucers.

“GOD DANGIT!” he yelled as he got the lasso. Surprisingly, he chanelled rage into power,taking a piece of metal from his pocket,and reflecting the lasso into the ship.
It blew up.

“THERE!There's the camp!”
He sharpened a broken branch,and headed to to river,spearing the “alien spider”. Fianally rescuing Blood.

Would have effectively ENDED the Alien encounter adventure, before it ever got started!
if the other characters had decided to go along with it.

Nothing we do in RV, would ever even remotely be a challenge for your superhero powered character.

As the temp. GM of RV.
I have to rule that the character does not possess this ability or special power while in RV.

So your options now are.

#1, post that your character is captured as the others have done.

#2, post that your character somehow escapes capture. Like crawling down into a manhole or something.

#3, avoiding the alien encounter altogether, an posting that you come across the cat up in the tree next to Dimitri's house.

#4, avoiding the alien encounter, an showing up at Dimitri's house to play video games with the other pets there.

#5, post that the character is doing something else, like going to the Wall for coffee an breakfast, since it is early morning after all.

If this is not except-able, or if you can't resist powergaming to set yourself up as the hero.
We will regrettably have to ask you to leave the RV role play.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

The alien encounter wasn't meant to kill off the "party" at Dimitri's pet shelter... :lol:

Matt, Alex, Viking, Dimitri, go get to know that Cookie kat up the tree.
she is really nice, an just adores! canines.. :roll:
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

I have no idea what to post.
POST SOMETHING!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll get on that right away. D:
Last edited by Rhyzer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Oh well

I guess I'll bring in Miss Hurley with the pizza to stir things up. Pizza timmee....
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well Alex did just bring a strange cat to the door, you could always respond to that
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Drew up a new, detailed map of RV.. :shock:

On the Rural side of the red line, Pets only need there collar.
On the Incorporated side of the red line, Pets have to be leashed an collared.

**Roll Call**
Blood - male - Germain Shepherd/Coyote mix ->D-Singer
Trevor and Blood's trailer is at (37)
Rav/Ravage - male - Germain Shepherd ->Keeshah
Sara and Rav's house is at (68)

Rav's barn, Fort Venison, is at (56)
Viking - male - White Germain Shepherd ->ThrasherBlades
Eva and Viking Hurley's house is at (45)
Alex - male - Akita ->Seth
Alex's house is at (33)
Carlito - male - White cat ->Rhyzer
Carlito's home is at (77)
Dimitri - male - Husky ->Russia Rules1
Eliot and Dimitri's home is at (44)
Lucky - male - Red Fox ->Marine Fox
Lucky's house is at (81)
Alexander - male - Akita Inu ->Esper
Alexander's house is at (78)
Kyle - male - Husky ->Megawolf
Kyle is Homeless! Oh Noes!!!
Cookie - female - cat ->Ctcmjh
Milk - female - dog ->Aquablast (inactive)
Milk an Cookie's home is at (57)
Matt - male - Wolfpup ->Tensa Zangetsu
Cole - male - Husky ->Tensa Zangetsu
Matt and Cole's house is at (67)
Terrelius - male - Husky mix ->QuartzOrren
Terrelius house is at (46)
Widget - male - Cat, Ocicat ->Construction Boots
Widget Grant's house is at (19)

Feel free to grab a home location number.
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Eva and Viking Hurley at 45 =)
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I'd like 33
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

I've had my eye on 77 for a while now, so I guess I'll choose that one. XD
Last edited by Rhyzer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megawolf

Post by Megawolf »

Nice job on the map!

For reasons that should be obvious, I can't claim a house for Kyle at this time. However, after seeing the map, I may need to retcon the location of Kyle's stash. Looks like the location I pictured is entirely fields of farmland with no fields. Shouldn't be hard to change the direction from right to left if nobody is opposed to the change, though.
My RP character:

RV: Kyle - Strength: 7, Perception: 5, Endurance: 7, Charisma: 4, Intelligence: 8, Agility: 5, Luck: 6
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

I pick No. 44.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

House no. 56 for Matt and Cole
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

TensaZangetsu wrote:House no. 56 for Matt and Cole

56 is where Rav's barn is, how about 57?
or 67 if you want a huge back yard.
or in the 80's if you want to be very close to the other ferals.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Name: Lucky Henderson

Type: Main

Species: Red Fox (Domesticated)

Neighborhood: Richardson Valley

Appearence: Lucky looks a bit like karishad but he has chunck bitten out of his left ear, during any other season except blistering summer he'll usually wear a camo bandanna tied around his neck, and if he feels the need to he'll have a camo cap on. Lucky has a black collar with a greenish 4 leaf clover tag.

Lucky has the usual coloring scheme, with orangish-red on his back and face, and white on his belly and bottom of his snout. Lucky has green eyes.

Personality:Lucky is very timid around new people and has very limited communication skills but he tries his best. As his name suits lucky is well lucky, he has always had a thing for being in the right place at the right time. Lucky has great eyesight and has a knack for pointing out details, this impresses as also annoys people, and one of lucky's most noticable trait is his love for the military, he always has something on him that will show camo. If anybody tries to talk to lucky he isnt reluctant to talk back, but is sometimes short with people. Lucky loves to head to the woods when he can, and will go for runs.

Other: Lucky was actually abandoned as a pup and was left to fend for himself, though as the cosmic universe would have it, he was able to scrounge in the woods for most of his life, until he was caught one day and almost uthinized until a kind Mr. Henderson, came along in the pound area where they were keeping lucky, he decided to take in Lucky and bought out the order for uthinization he also agree'd to train Lucky.

Lucky got his bite mark after fighting with some wolves over hunting grounds.
Lucky had tried to join a K-9 unit at his first home but they denied it.
Usually hidden unless he is stressed out or worried, Lucky has an actual rifle scope that he has grown attached to, the scope is his fathers.
His father over the years has given Lucky basic military training, and still works with him on it.

S:5 *Ehh it's sorta heavy, though i made need some help*
P:8 *I'll know when it's coming*
E:6 *We can keep going, just a little further*
C:3 *All the company I need, is myself*
I:5 *If you do this, then that you might get this... i'll need a book.*
A:6 *I havent survived all these years, being as stiff as a board*
L:9 *What is it better to be, Lucky or Skillful?*
Last edited by Marine Fox on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Saw that each charater needed its own post, so i already had that first, but this will just say the obvious.
Hello to all of RV id like to post a chrater sheet, and ill try to make myself not look like a complete idiot!
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

For that, you're doing good.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Name: Lucky Henderson

This is in human years i'm guessing?
which would be 6 years, 8 months. in pet years.

I see you have trouble with spelling, don't worry I'm really really bad at too. :oops:
here are some tips you can use.

If you use Firefox for your web browsing, it will highlight the misspelled words, an offer corrections if you right click the mouse on the misspelled word.

Google is also incredibly good at figuring out what your trying to spell, nearly no matter how badly you mangle the spelling.

With a post count of 2, i'd say this is your first time role playing on these forums ;)

Longer, more detailed posts will always be better than a short one or two line post. What is the character thinking, what is he feeling.

choose a speaking color. this is used whenever the character is speaking out loud. That prevents someone mistakenly reacting to something the character was only thinking, but never really said. An it doesn't have to be the pink example above. :lol:

You will need to pick a home location on the map above. All the houses along the bottom row back up to woods an mountains, an is were the local feral's hang out. this would be the ones in the 80's

You will always have the final say as to what happens to your character.
if you throw a punch, at another character. they will have to post in there reply what ending up happening, (did it hit, what damage did it cause) you can't post, "You punch X an send him flying across the room with a bloody nose".

The alien encounter subplot may look to be non-consensual, but by joining it, they agreed to give up that control. not to mention they still post a reply of what is happening to them an there feelings an emotions.
An could modify what happens. "say the alien's forgot to paint him green like they did all the others", if they didn't want to end up with there fur green from now on. :mrgreen:

good luck an have fun.
the pizza party is at house 44
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Could I have a spot in this Pet Friendly? I'll have my character up soon if I can.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Esper wrote:Could I have a spot in this Pet Friendly? I'll have my character up soon if I can.

Here spot here spot.. ~whistle~
there you go..

2 left..

also, Cole, Carlito.. where arrrre you? post please.. :|
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote:
Marine Fox wrote:Name: Lucky Henderson

This is in human years i'm guessing?
which would be 6 years, 8 months. in pet years.

I see you have trouble with spelling, don't worry I'm really really bad at too. :oops:
here are some tips you can use.

If you use Firefox for your web browsing, it will highlight the misspelled words, an offer corrections if you right click the mouse on the misspelled word.

Google is also incredibly good at figuring out what your trying to spell, nearly no matter how badly you mangle the spelling.

With a post count of 2, i'd say this is your first time role playing on these forums ;)

Longer, more detailed posts will always be better than a short one or two line post. What is the character thinking, what is he feeling.

choose a speaking color. this is used whenever the character is speaking out loud. That prevents someone mistakenly reacting to something the character was only thinking, but never really said. An it doesn't have to be the pink example above. :lol:

You will need to pick a home location on the map above. All the houses along the bottom row back up to woods an mountains, an is were the local feral's hang out. this would be the ones in the 80's

You will always have the final say as to what happens to your character.
if you throw a punch, at another character. they will have to post in there reply what ending up happening, (did it hit, what damage did it cause) you can't post, "You punch X an send him flying across the room with a bloody nose".

The alien encounter subplot may look to be non-consensual, but by joining it, they agreed to give up that control. not to mention they still post a reply of what is happening to them an there feelings an emotions.
An could modify what happens. "say the alien's forgot to paint him green like they did all the others", if they didn't want to end up with there fur green from now on. :mrgreen:

good luck an have fun.
the pizza party is at house 44
Hey thanks for being cool about this! And yeah it was really late when i typed that up so I was a bit groggy and yeah im new to the forum though i do have good RP experience, just my other forum isn't as ruled so if I royally screw up ill try to fix it as soon as I can type.
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

I'm placing my request to join the Richardson Valley role play. Here is the link to the topic with my profile still not sure how to directly link to a profile so I'm sorry for not doing that.

-Name-
Widget Grant
-Character Type-
Main Character
-Species-
Cat, Ocicat
-Age-
Pet years: 14
-Neighborhood-
Richardson Valley
-Appearance-
Widget’s fur has an almost satin feel to it with black spots and silver almost white coloring about it, as for the eye coloring it is a yellow taint to it. His collar is bright orange with a stripe of reflective tape running the full length of the outside of the collar, as for the tag it is in the shape of a hard hat.
-Personality-
Widget is friendly, and playful with anyone he meets and at times can be a bit curious which has led to him begin in trouble in the past. When it comes to interaction with others he treats all the same, least until his daddy comes home then his attention will turn directly towards him.
-Other Notes-
His dad works for the railroad there for he will often disappear for periods of time as he goes with him to ride on the trains but is never gone for more than a couple of days at most.
He lacks a lot of knowledge gained through living a normal life but makes up for this with his knowledge of trains and the rail ways that they travel along. However having spent some much time on trains has affected his hearing and sense of smell so he often times appears to ignore people without doing so.
House number – 19, Post color - #804000
-SPECIAL-
Strength- 4, Perception- 4, Endurance- 8, Charisma- 4, Intelligence- 5, Agility- 10, Luck- 7
Last edited by Construction Boots on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Name: Alexander (Skates) Saint Claire

Character type: Main

Species: Akita Inu

Age (Pet years): 16

Neighborhood: Richardson Valley

Appearance: Alexander has a lean build. His fur is snowy white and has shiny black beads woven into it in various places. His eyes are both pale white due to a genetic mutation, but he is not blind. Alexander is rather tall, even for an Akita, which is a tall breed. His collar is black and the tag is an extra long board wheel with his info engraved on it. As for extra clothing, Alexander wears a pair of baggy brown cargo shorts, a couple of bracelets, and a bag filled with his skate gear.

Personality: First and foremost, Alex is a total skaterat. He is a very friendly and social dog. Alex really tries not to be obnoxious, but at times, especially after a good trick on his board, he just can’t help it. He cares deeply for his friends and is willing to do most anything for them. Alex tends to turn things into games. He secretly has an affinity for cats.

Backstory: As a puppy, he was a stray near a college campus. Eventually a student named Rue Saint Claire took Alex in and instilled a love of skating in him. They have lived with each other through Rue’s college career and they soon moved to their current neighborhood after she graduated.

Other: His long board is a hybrid type. His mother is home schooling him. He

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Strength: 4
Perception: 3
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 10
Luck: 5

Here he is! I would like house number 78, and can this be my speaking color?
Last edited by Esper on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

57 for Cookie. And Milk, if Aqua ever comes back to play.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Map updated..

roll call, expanded to include all characters, an players.
13 active players, 2 inactive. for a total of 15, which is generally the limit.

one or two slots might be left open...
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hello, since I have already been given a spot and posted my character, am I to assume that I am to post? As I have not recieved any feedback since I was given the spot.
Construction Boots

Sorry about that I didn't know I had been approved to join but now I know and knowing is half the battle. I'll take house number 19 please BLAH which is #804000. If that is all taken care of when would be a good time to make my intro post?
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Construction Boots, Marine Fox, and Esper..
yes.. you are approved to post an join the rp's.

Sorry i forgot to do the go ahead announcement.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

:lol: The thought of Terrelius helping Viking be braver makes a tingle in me.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
Construction Boots

I have questions in need of answers.

1. What time of day is it?

2. What season is it as well as the weather at the moment?

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Construction Boots wrote:I have questions in need of answers.

1. What time of day is it?

early morning to mid morning, or 5am to 10am.
Construction Boots wrote:2. What season is it as well as the weather at the moment?

Summer, 3 days ago, it was oppressively hot. burning your paw pads hot if you were walking on the pavement.

2 days ago, a severe thunderstorms rolled in, causing the town to set off the tornado warning sirens.
There was moderate damage done to this part of town from straight line winds, an power was knocked out for a while.

1 day ago, the town was cleaning up the mess.

Right now today, another cold front has moved in. it is chilly this morning, an very foggy! with visibility down to about 10 ft. (with the help of the alien's recon and capture craft, adding to the density of the fog.)

If you are wanting to get in on the aliens abusing Err running strange experiments on the pets, there is still time. read all that has happened so far. then do a post with your character going out into the fog, getting captured, taken to the spiders, shipped up to the ship, bathed an wrapped on a floating table, which would catch you up with the others already on the ship. then we will go on from there.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Where's D-Singer? He's been gone.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

QuartzOrren wrote:Where's D-Singer? He's been gone.

He be here.. he is not posting in the RP cause two characters in the alien RP have gone MIA, an left us stuck waiting on them to post, but i'm about to go on, an let them catch back up later.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

I got 45 if it's open. If not, 46,47,or 43 or 42.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Hello guy's and Gal's, i just though that if i do get mixed in with some of the other characters and Lucky mentions his hat and hoodie or yall have even the slightest curiosity, i'll just post what they look like.

His hoodie

His Boonie Cap. Think about the cap without the strap.

On his hat he has this in the front

--------------------------------------------------
EDITED by ctcmjh for proper formatting of links.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys
But I have more free time, so I'll get to posting right away
Construction Boots

Yeah I think I'll avoid the alien plot as the whole prob thing freaks me out.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

No aliens for me, thanks.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Keeshah wrote:
TensaZangetsu wrote:House no. 56 for Matt and Cole

56 is where Rav's barn is, how about 57?
or 67 if you want a huge back yard.
or in the 80's if you want to be very close to the other ferals.
Ok 67 it is
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

I just thought something awesome. What if Terrelius encounters his owner? If I can do this, I WILL.
RAINBOW YEAAH!