HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

IceKitsune

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by IceKitsune »

I think we should do that vote now, I would have done it earlier but we all got distracted, So I'm going to be PMing everyone that is active to get in here and vote. I vote for increasing the number of player. Lets add 5 more slots.

Even if this passes (which I'm sure it will) new players will most likely have to wait until the camping trip is over to join unless you character is Feral or we get like 3 people or more before the trip is over and you all want to move in.

Edit: and Leafolawl yeah your Assistant GM since no one else was nominated for it
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sunset plateau does move kinda slow at times.

I wouldn't mind 3 or more extra players.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I agree for the increase
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Three of five votes yes, zero of five votes no.
Three of nine votes.

Five slots vs. three slots, both have pros and cons, and another thing I couldn't help you with.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

With the votes in PMs that brings us to 6 yes votes and 0 no votes.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

can someone give a short description of the camping area?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Yeah, I will vote on having more character slots in here. And sorry I haven't posted in a while here. Can someone give me a brief what's going on?
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Forty Six & 2 wrote:Yeah, I will vote on having more character slots in here. And sorry I haven't posted in a while here. Can someone give me a brief what's going on?
We are all just now pulling into the camping area and unloading the cars. Just have your characters start doing the same.
The Moon Howler wrote:can someone give a short description of the camping area?
Actually we don't have one IIRC. You can basically make it up as you go describe it as you want to. Like we did with the rest of the neiborhood. Just leave enough room for other people to describe things as well.

And that is now 7 votes for increase. It passes. I'm gonna open 3 new slots for now but I can add more later.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I claim one of the new slots.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I claim one as well
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I claim one of the new slots.
Esper wrote:I claim one as well
I'm looking forward to what I can see out of you two's characters. >:3
Love me right now! Done.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok one slot left I just need you guys character sheets as soon as they are ready.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Name: Oliver Kingfisher 

Character type: Main

Species: American black bear

Age (Pet years): 18 years old

Neighborhood: TBA

Appearance: Oliver relatively short for a black bear, the shortest species of bear in America. He wears an olive green collar and his tag is a golden colored honeycomb with his name engraved on it. Like about 25% of American black bears, his black coat bears a white crescent moon pattern on his chest. For extra clothing he is usually seen wearing a wristwatch, a few bracelets, and an open Hawaiian shirt.

Personality: Oliver is very friendly, albeit lonely. He has a distinct love of flowers and bees. Oliver doesn’t like hurting others, preferring to use his brute strength to help them. Oliver truly loves being around other pets, but has a hard time communicating 
with them. He is very smart, enjoys cooking, and enjoys various crafts. Oliver has a very flexible personality and easily adapts to his surroundings. He can be a little oblivious. Oliver loves to read and has a tendency to study things on a whim.

Other: He is a talented cook. Oliver was originally feral, but his mom, Jane Kingfisher, adopted him after finding him injured in her lawn. Oliver has a tendency to get injured. He has a major sweet-tooth. 

Backstory: Born feral, Oliver has had to live roughly until one fateful day. He had broken his arm and leg during a fall down a steep hill. Oliver had been rendered unconscious by the time he landed in Jane Kingfisher's backyard, dehydrated. His Jane , a veterinarian, had seen him land and nursed him back to health. Oliver had been adopted by the her and they soon moved to their current neighborhood.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
STR: 10
PER: 4
END: 7
CHA: 6
INT: 9
AGI: 3
LUC: 3

How is he, Ice?
Last edited by Esper on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Name: Jessica Drake(female)

Species: Black Norwegian Elkhound

Age (Pet years): 21 pet years/6 human years

Neighborhood: this one hopefully

Appearance: this, but her eyes are a bright blue. She wears a red collar with a gold tag shaped like a "J".

Personality: She always tries to be helpful to anyone, being able to perceive when people are upset and talk them through any problems they might be having. She sometimes gets too involved in the lives of people she's just met, though, as she wants to fix everyone's problems.

Backstory: She was adopted from Norway while one branch of the Drake family was on vacation and given as a gift to her current family. She was old enough to have picked up a slight accent, but it's nearly imperceptible now. She's traveled around the world with her family, spending most of her time with her dad while her dad was handling business (He's a fairly important Psychologist in the world, dealing with humans and animals alike.) She's seen sled races in Alaska, one in particular where the lead of one of the teams got injured. She used her natural charisma to cheer him up after he lost. She once saw a man fight a Kangaroo in Australia too. She still occasionally calls the man's cat to talk about stuff.

Other: She has read a few of her dad's psychology textbooks so she can better understand how to help others deal with their problems, but she couldn't understand some of them so she just tries to talk them through their problems.
Her mom also has a Psychology degree and a license to practice, but she prefers to just do it as a hobby while her husband makes money off of it.
Her dad runs therapy sessions from his home office.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
STR: 5
PER: 8
END: 5
CHA: 8
INT: 6
AGI: 5
LUC: 5

I just tied her in with 4 of my other characters (including her cousins).

anything I'm missing?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Esper you have 1 to many points in your stats. Also I'm a bit apprehensive about your character being a bear. Are you sure there is no other Species you would want to use? Or maybe you could make him a cub and not full grown? You would just have to change the age. Brent I see no problems with Jessica at all your approved.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yay. now I suppose I must pick a color for her dialogue. let's try this.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

IceKitsune wrote:Ok one slot left I just need you guys character sheets as soon as they are ready.
If there aren't any objections I'd like the last slot.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Would a cougar/mountain (prefered) lion work? Or maybe a red fox? Are bats feasible?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Esper wrote:Would a cougar/mountain (prefered) lion work? Or maybe a red fox? Are bats feasible?
I cougar might be good, if you can pull it off. But I think that a red fox would be the best out of the three. Though a bat might be awesome and interesting.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok Seth has the last slot. And Esper I would be fine with any of them its your pick.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Thank you! I pick cougar and the updated sheet will be up by 6 pm tomorrow because I have school. :)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

What is wrong with a bear? There's a bear in another role play but I forget which it is. Sure they're big. But there's at least a few western legens with cowboys having bear pets and at least some circus animals. As for bats, don't forget Nihm and Khun. (Okay, both were flawed characters but still.)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

what's wrong with a bear is that owning one in the US in a residential area is questionably legal.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Name: Ian Fehr
Species: Greater Swiss mountain dog
Appearance: Ian is a fairly large dog tall and broad shouldered. He always makes sure to keep himself well groomed. He has a thin scare going from his upper lip to his muzzle he received in a fight at the pound. His eyes are a light shade of gray. He wears a red collar with a simple circular tag.

Background: Ian was abandoned at a young age when his family decided they couldn’t afford him. He was a stray for a few years before being caught by animal control. Ian was in the pound for a couple years before being adopted by his father John. John has recently retired from the military and Moved to sunset plateau to live out his golden years. John’s career required him to move around the country so Ian never really got to get settled in a neighborhood and meet other pets.

Personality: Ian was always the biggest dog in the pound. He didn’t want to intimidate the other dogs so he adopted a very meek personality. Slow to stand up for himself and eager to please he’s generally well liked by other pets. However he is fiercely defensive of smaller breeds of pets when they are picked on by larger animals. Despite his large frame he’s a very gentle animal. He’s not a natural leader and prefers to follow others lead. But he will take charge if no one else will. Ian loves to be outside, whether he’s playing with other pets or just napping under a tree, he’s also a horror movie buff, most of his nights end with him glued to the T.V. watching a good scary movie.

Stength:9
Perception:5
Endurance:6
Charisma:5
Intelligence:8
Agility:4
Luck: 5

Color?
Attachments
220PX-~1.JPG
220PX-~1.JPG (27.3 KiB) Viewed 27809 times
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Name: Oliver Kingfisher 

Species: Cougar

Age (Pet years): 18 years old

Neighborhood: TBA

Appearance: Oliver relatively tall for a cougar. He wears an olive green collar and his tag is a golden colored honeycomb with his name engraved on it. He has a thin scar running across his forearm from the ordeal that lead to his adoption. For extra clothing he is usually seen wearing a wristwatch, a few bracelets, and an open, blue Hawaiian shirt.

Personality: Oliver is very friendly, albeit lonely. He has a distinct love of flowers and bees, as well as arts an music. Oliver doesn’t like hurting others, preferring to use his brute strength to help them. Oliver truly loves being around other pets, but has a hard time communicating 
with them. He is very smart, enjoys cooking, and enjoys various crafts. Oliver has a very flexible personality and easily adapts to his surroundings. He can be a little oblivious. Oliver loves to read and has a tendency to study things on a whim. 

Other: He is a talented cook. Oliver was originally feral, but his mom, Jane Kingfisher, adopted him after finding him injured in her lawn. Oliver has a tendency to get injured. He has a major sweet-tooth. He also is a talented artist and craftsman.

Backstory: Born feral, Oliver has had to live roughly until one fateful day. He had broken his arm and leg during a fall down a steep hill. Oliver had been rendered unconscious by the time he landed in Jane Kingfisher's backyard, dehydrated. Jane , a veterinarian, had seen him land and nursed him back to health. Oliver had been adopted by the her and they soon moved to their current neighborhood.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
STR: 9
PER: 3
END: 4 
CHA: 5
INT: 9
AGI: 9
LUC: 3

I updated him
Last edited by Esper on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Moon Howler

I see some mistakes in there:
Esper wrote:Appearance: Oliver relatively tall for a cougar.
You character is a bear, right?
Esper wrote:Backstory: ... His Jane , a veterinarian, had seen him land and nursed him back to health...
"His Jane" is not exactly grammatically correct.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I fixed the grammar and I was recommended against using a bear.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Esper wrote:Species: American black bear

Appearance: Oliver relatively tall for a cougar.
His species still says "American Black Bear."

Editing appearance doesn't make the species change. |D
Love me right now! Done.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

razgriz did you say before hand that you had gotten cabins for everyone?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

so, should I assume I'm good to start posting, or.....?????
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

razgriz did you say before hand that you had gotten cabins for everyone?
Hence, why I'm slightly confused as to what's going on at first.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I've said it since the very beginning... Two cabins, one for pets and one for parents or possibly just one... No one commented on the idea...
razgriz wrote:So, I had a plot/story idea for after the time jump, depending on just how far ahead we do jump...

Its summer time, the humans are burned out from working and pets are roasting under the sun. A collective vacation/trip is arranged in the neighborhood, a large majority of pet owners going on a trip to a not too distant woodland, lakes and cabin. This would be somewhere between two and five hours away and very isolated for true peace and calm. The only connection to the outside world is land lines, a few wifi hotspots in near by stores/eateries to attract tourists/customers, and usable cell signal on high hills. This is Sunset Valley (or some other name... I suck with names.)

Here, the pets and pet owners to an extent split up. The pets get one whole cabin to themselves and the humans get one to themselves. This way all the animals can be as wild and semi-destructive as they want and their owners can have a head-ache free break. Though, there certainly will be interaction between them, just not so much at night.

And the night time is where the true fun begins. Outside and well into the night, everyone is gathered around under the stars for a nice big campfire and all of the classic things which go with it. Some crazy skits perhaps (boyscout style, of course), roasted marshmallows, smores, and of course, ghost stories.

Things however, take a definitive turn for the worse however, when those stories begin coming true in the night. A plot has been formed against the furry creatures of the cabin from what is among the least likely of places. The great question is, will they flee in terror or stay through the night?

(I have plotted out the source of our ghost stories coming true, but I wanna keep that a surprise if I can.)

What d' ya's think?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I fixed his species XD
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

So, razgriz's character got cabins for the pets. But I don't think he told anyone in-character, or at least not everyone. So, he should just simply tell them, in-character, that they have cabins.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ctcmjh wrote:So, razgriz's character got cabins for the pets. But I don't think he told anyone in-character, or at least not everyone. So, he should just simply tell them, in-character, that they have cabins.
Yeah that's basically what I was thinking. Its the easiest way to fix it.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hence, why I was confused. Here we all start setting up tents and we have cabins already. So, I wasn't sure what was going on.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Seth wrote:so, should I assume I'm good to start posting, or.....?????
Well there are three people, so if the others agree then you can all move in. But remember its late in the day like 8PMish at least.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

maybe they moved in but were unpacking the whole time.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:maybe they moved in but were unpacking the whole time.
Yeah that could work.
The Moon Howler

xhunterko wrote:Hence, why I was confused. Here we all start setting up tents and we have cabins already. So, I wasn't sure what was going on.
Well, as far as I can see all of the people with tent are cleaning or just finished cleaning the tent spots, so whomever was to tell them that there are cabins reserved, please do now...

My RP Characters