HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

razgriz

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by razgriz »

A bit ago, Archy texted Eve... I don't think she ever answered, but, that could be used in this as well...
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

IceKitsune wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:I would need some help with the parting of Eve and Will. Kinda out of ideas how. Any help would be appreciated.
What I would do is have Will get a call from his dad and tell Eve that he has to go right away because his dad needs him to come home and have Eve say something along the lines of "that's ok, I should get home too." or something like that.
That sounds like a good idea.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Hey guys, back again in the rp and just posted.
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
The Moon Howler

Anyone willing to call the Folceans?

P.S.
Also Happy New 2012 Year!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Moon Howler wrote:Anyone willing to call the Folceans?

P.S.
Also Happy New 2012 Year!
Jenny called them. Just have him answer the phone.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ehem. Just wondering if anyone else thinks we should do a mini time skip to get them either on the way, (if people want to do car conversations) or to them being there.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I favor car conversations... but I guess that depends on how many people are car-pooling....
The Moon Howler

I prefer the mini-skip to the car

My RP Characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Skip to everyone driving there IMO. That way we can have people talk in the cars and if some people that are gone right now come back they can catch up. But even then I don't want to make the car part too long.
The Moon Howler

okay, Sid and Will are ready.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm okay with the skip to the car too, gives me some time to get Specter/Iblis to a point where he's in touch with time.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Is this neighborhood recruiting?
RAINBOW YEAAH!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

So... when we get there, my original thought had been layout wise, two large cabins, one pretty sparse on the inside (heaters, beds, bathrooms and basics only) and the other slightly better (possibly have TV's in it or something.) The nice one would probably be for the parents and the more rough'n it one for the pets...

Layout wise, I'd figured on there being a lake visible from the cabins, a large open field sort of space in the area for playing in and then behind the cabins and to their sides going all the way around the lake and up to the field again, woodlands. Back in the woods, there could be more cabins and public things for other people to use, etc...

Anyone got other ideas for what should be in the area? I figure on this place being a state forest sort of environment, but, aside from maybe a snack stand by the lake and boat docks, I can't think of anything else for us to have around... (I'm being detail-oriented and kinda wanna make maps...)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, generally state parks are nicer then national ones. So it'd probably have a few more features. Like, a tennis court, horse rides, some sort of lodge. I wouldn't put it past there being a snack shop. Also there'd probably be two or more sections of cabins, arranged like a neighborhood really. I dunno about the TV. That's kinda iffy. Though I wouldn't doubt there being vending machines and nice bathrooms in both cabins.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

O.o That seems a tad too upscale... I've never been to one with sections of cabins, the most I've been to was one where they had an area of nice cabins and then, lots of camp sites...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Like I said, state parks generally are upscale. Some have even had play parks, swimming pools, showers, laundry (both of which, are basics though). But yeah, the main lodge for a group camp that I was at had a nice sitting area, and vending machines, with nice bathrooms. And that was at Glacier.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Alright, so, perhaps:

2 cabins, vending machines / snack stand at park office/ranger building/outdoor bathrooms? Probably laundry machines by the bathroom public bathroom stuff or in the cabins or both.

Small docks for boats to take on the lake.

Lots of paths into and around the woods, that's a big'un I 'd imagine.

Probably a small stream or two running through the woods to the lake.

The nicest parks I've been to had decently furnished cabins, showers, bathrooms, snack stands/vending machines, lots of paths and in the case of one a swimming pool... I've never seen one with a main lodge on it... but then, I've also never been to a major state park, just small ones like Denton Hill and French Creek (at least, I *think* that's what that one was called)...
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Can someone tell me if this neighborhood is recruitimg,because them ignoring me is a sign of no.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

QuartzOrren wrote:Can someone tell me if this neighborhood is recruiting,because them ignoring me is a sign of no.
Sorry you felt ignored, but I was asleep during your hours of wait.

Anyways, sorry, but we don't. All fifteen of our player slots are taken. Maybe you'll have better luck with another town?
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

It is kind of slow at times though.
*nudges mod*
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Darn it,amd that's okay. I'm kind of caught in rg anyway.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

raz, are we still going for the campfire stories plot when we are at the camping spot? Because if so, a little teaser, but I'm going to need a cave with maybe a shallow pool in it, anybody whose up to date with their Hawaiian myths should know what I'm talking about ;)
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Time to move the cars out guys I don't want the trip there to take more then a week at most so by Sunday at the latest we will be there but more likely by Friday or Saturday.
valerio

Post by valerio »

ok!
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

Roger that ^_^
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
The Moon Howler

Fine by me

My RP Characters
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Yea, we're still doing the ghost stories. Everything in the first post we should still be doing...

We'll put the cave and little pool out in the woods... I've given up on drawing a map, so, descriptions!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hi! Are there any openings? I really like the idea behind this pet friendly.

Also, could I have an up to date description of Sunset Plateau, I'll put my character up if there is, indeed, an opening. :)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

For right now I'm going to say no simply because everyone is going on a camping trip and it would be impossible to get a character in at the moment. After the Camping Trip (I will post in here when its over) if you still wish to join please post up your charters sheet and we will go from there.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Name: Oliver Kingfisher

Character type: Main

Species: American black bear

Age (Pet years): 18 years old

Neighborhood: TBA

Appearance: Oliver relatively short for a black bear, the shortest species of bear in America. He wears an olive green collar and his tag is a golden colored honeycomb with his name engraved on it. Like about 25% of American black bears, his black coat bears a white crescent moon pattern on his chest. For extra clothing he is usually seen wearing a wristwatch, a few bracelets, and a backpack

Personality: Oliver is very friendly, albeit lonely. He has a distinct love of flowers and bees. Oliver doesn’t like hurting others, preferring to use his brute strength to help others. Oliver truly loves being around other pets, but has a hard time communicating with them. He is very smart, enjoys cooking, and enjoys various crafts.

Other: He is a talented cook. Oliver was originally feral, but his mom, Jane Kingfisher, adopted him after finding him injured in her lawn. Was born feral. Oliver has a tendency to get injured.

Backstory: Born feral, Oliver has had to live roughly until one fateful day. He had broken his arm and leg during a fall down a steep hill. Oliver had been rendered unconscious by the time he landed in his mom’s backyard, dehydrated. His mother, a veterinarian, had seen him land and nursed him back to health. Oliver had been adopted by the woman and they soon move to there current neighborhood.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
STR: 10
PER: 4
END: 7
CHA: 5
INT: 9
AGI: 4
LUC: 3

Well here he is! I hope he's ok. Also, can I have a description of the neighborhood? :)
Last edited by Esper on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Its basically a build as we go neiborhood basic pet friendly rules and everything. Nothing special really, there is a map of Sunset on one of the pages in this topic made by Leaflowl he can post a link to it (as Its too late for me to go hunting for it now) that will show you the lay out of the place.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Here is the map.

Basic suburban place, separated out into districts, only very little of the farm land and woods are inside city limits.

It's a little out of date, but I'll get it fixed up within the next week or so, if I remember.

Also, TheMoonHowler, would you like to pick where your character lives?
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

Somewhere next to the forest will be nice

My RP Characters
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

... I have no idea if there's room for more people, but I've got comments on Archie Kingfisher...

I'm not entirely sure how well a black bear would work in the RP... Bears get to be pretty big... So, that could be odd/complicated/interesting... As a grammar/text complaint, you have "a steep" twice...

And... I'm going to get confused if we have another Archie in here... (I end mine in a "y" but still....)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Thank you sooooooo much for the input! Archie is still a little bit in progress, I could easily change his first name to Oliver, in fact, I think I will. Also, I did take into consideration his size, so I chose the smallest species of bear in the USA.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I count fifteen players, so I'd think not. But I was reading some of the OOC thread and seen this, further back.
IceKitsune wrote:Hey guys since we do have people that are rather inactive some times how about we up our limit on players? I want to hear from the rest of the player first but I think its a really good idea. Also I swear to god I told someone to update the first post (I think Ctc) a while ago and they just never got around to it/forgot because of IRL stuff.
So I'd think that after a vote(since nothing much was said about it) with the current players, We could see about other players being let in.

I'm not with, or against the idea, considering we don't seem to have all the players here during one time of the year, but we can move rather quickly. so it's up to the other fourteen. I'll keep track of reasons though, just in case we need a tie breaking vote. (one side needs more than seven votes to win).

Ending rant-like post.

:acting like assistant GM for a moment: (never heard if I was approved or not)
1. Is the age done in human or pet years?
2. I'd think a pet like that would need a heads up to the entire town before they even moved in, and a check up with the vet, animal control, and other authorities once they finished unpacking, and not just for their size. I would suggest waiting for a time skip before joining.
3. Lists of three, I just need them, even if I don't have a third reason, so if I don't have a third reason, I just spurt out randomness like what I'm doing.

I can't let you in unless Ice is announces an absence though, but I will help with character sheets.
Love me right now! Done.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

If I could, might I ask as to whom that post was directed at? Was it me?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The part about increasing the current players, no.

But the rest of it was.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

If you do decide to take more players, can I join in here?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Just give some time, and we'll see. I can't honestly tell you more than that.
Love me right now! Done.