Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

She was clearly insulting your feminine charms.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Sleet wrote:She was clearly insulting your feminine charms.
Well the female protaganist is kinda...masculin looking? If she had a hair cut she could pass of a Red (she's only 11 so it's understandable).

There's an incident like this in Dragon Quest Chapters of the Choosen where you enter a town full of females and there's hotsprings. If you talk to the woman next to the springs she says "C'mon let's get in! Get your clothes off and relax...Oh...you certainly take after your Father don't you", considering it's from a E for everyone game it got some crap past the radar.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Hey guys, I got Battlefield 3 on the 360, if anyone wants to play sometime, send me an invite, my GT is M1ghty Ceasar. Also my brother got MW3 for the 360.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

I got the halo anniversary for christmas and I have to say though there are several faults that I find distasteful, the graphics overhall from the original are without a doubt stunningly beautiful. The new firing design for the sniper rifle just invalidates the need for any other weapon in the game. The grenades have also had a noticable tweak with the sticky grenade actually sparking instead of pathetically fizzling and the scorpion tank cannon is pure awesome.

A lot I personally would change but overall I am completely happy with the purchase.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Currently redigging into Skyrim. And Disgaea 4, although that game is a huge time sink.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Ohh Disgaea 4.....such a great fun game. I dunno what it is with them, but I often spend at least 300 hours on each game, over leveling myself.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

They are designed to be time sinks, which is good if you only buy a few games, but also bad because the grinding gets so boring after a while.
FlintTheSquirrel

Ehh, I always enjoyed doing so. The games always gives you a way to train faster and faster till you can reach from 1 to 9999 in 3 fights like how Disgaea 3 had it.
Though true, it does get a bit old at times, though you feel very successful once you defeat a end game foe that one hit you earlier.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Point. Just I wish there were easier ways to get Mana and EXP potions.
FlintTheSquirrel

Ohh? You are still early on in the game I take it? Dun worry bout Mana potions anymore, you can put down buildings on the conquest map to allow you to share exp and Mana with people in the area. I always do so with Valvatorez and Emizal so whomever is with them gets tons of levels and Mana for free. ^^
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

I'm on chapter 4.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Got done with Pokepark: Pikachu's Adventure for the Wii today. Seven hours and 37 minutes of freaking fetch quests. Kill me.

"Ohh, I can't do this for you, because this person has my ___."
*goes to that person*
"I can't help you, because _____ stole ____ from me and I need ____ anyways."

I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems, silly Pokemon. >_<
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think the aesthetic would be the only saving grace of such a game. I'm used to sitting through crap just to experience Pokemon. I watch the cartoon. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:I think the aesthetic would be the only saving grace of such a game. I'm used to sitting through crap just to experience Pokemon. I watch the cartoon. :P
I really liked the graphics, but it was soooooo repetitive. Everything followed the same formula, and it could have had so much potential too.

I am loving Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's just so fresh and entertaining! Not to mention the graphics are fantastic as well.

I played Donkey Kong Country Returns today, and you can tell it was generated by Nintendo, the creator of the Mario games. XD It also strongly reminds me of the PS1 game, Peter Pan and the Return to Neverland. I like it so far though, I just wish I didn't have to shake the Wii remote every five seconds. :P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Got Skyrim for Christmas and literally spent the entire rest of the day playing. XD

I'm trying to play a stealth-based character, but it's tough early on. Without a shield, I need to chug crazy numbers of health potions if I'm not able to one-shot them with a backstab, and I just can't keep up with the ingredients necessary to make more. @.@ To compensate, I've been trying to stick to using my bow more than my melee weapons.

Also need to find a better way to make gold.

Even so, <3 this game. So much. Gahhh.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

KJOokami wrote:Got Skyrim for Christmas and literally spent the entire rest of the day playing. XD

I'm trying to play a stealth-based character, but it's tough early on. Without a shield, I need to chug crazy numbers of health potions if I'm not able to one-shot them with a backstab, and I just can't keep up with the ingredients necessary to make more. @.@ To compensate, I've been trying to stick to using my bow more than my melee weapons.

Also need to find a better way to make gold.

Even so, <3 this game. So much. Gahhh.
There's a perk on the stealth tree. That should help backstab damage.
Early on in the game, you can steal a Dwarven dagger from the companions, that should help you a ton.
For good gold, steal everything from everyone. Sell it at the thieve's guild.

My character is mostly magic based, I enjoy blowing everything up with my fireball spell.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Well I have not played much of skyrim yet but I am going for a
Two-handed weapon/illusion/sneak bowman
I am well on my way of getting crushed in the endgame but whatever its fun for now.

Sneak up on foes and shoot some arrows, switching to my greatsword to pulverize them and use my illusion spells as last resort to run away.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Chaplin wrote:There's a perk on the stealth tree. That should help backstab damage.
Early on in the game, you can steal a Dwarven dagger from the companions, that should help you a ton.
For good gold, steal everything from everyone. Sell it at the thieve's guild.

My character is mostly magic based, I enjoy blowing everything up with my fireball spell.
Yeah, I've got the perk for backstab damage, it just doesn't always work for me... I dunno if it's just a bug, horrible luck with timing, or a mix of both, but half the time when I hit them from behind, the game just doesn't count it as a sneak attack, so it does next to no damage and I end up having to half-kite them to keep from getting destroyed in melee combat.

I didn't realize there was a dagger in Jorvasscar (or however the heck you spell it); I know I stole an Elven Bow from there, that I've been using to great effect. :D Definitely need to go back and check for that dagger though.

And I guess I'll have to figure out where the Thief's Guild is because I already steal pretty much everything I can. XD Unfortunately, I have no house to store them in (I could go back to Riverwood, but I'm too lazy most of the time), so when I got caught by the guards for pickpocketing some random person, I lost all my stolen stuff.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thieves guild is in riften I believe.
Take a wagon in Whiterun.
If you advanced far enough in the main storyline you would have needed to go there for a quest.

Unless if you were going for a pure thief build, I suggest you get the skill muffle. Makes you walk quietly.

Also if you like to exploit, you can always hide behind the greybeards and sneak attack them for 100 sneak. Changing to master difficulty makes leveling really easy.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

So now I, Too, have Skyrim. Well, technically not me, but my brother. But he's not playing it. *yoink!*

... Love the Khajiit in this one. Snow Leopard people! <3 Tigertron! Maximize!

I'm not really a fan of time sink games since i get too crazily absorbed on them. But figured with the year coming to a close i give it a shot.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Playing so. Much. Ocarina of Time. Have to beat it before I can play Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land!
The Grey Wolverine

I played 3D land, its really fun.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Apparently they're making a Rollercoaster Tycoon game for the 3DS next year, which I think is really cool. While I'm more of a fan of the classic RCT1/2 style than the RCT3 type stuff, I'm still glad to see that the franchise is getting along somehow and I'll have to at least give it a try.
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CaptainPea wrote:Apparently they're making a Rollercoaster Tycoon game for the 3DS next year, which I think is really cool. While I'm more of a fan of the classic RCT1/2 style than the RCT3 type stuff, I'm still glad to see that the franchise is getting along somehow and I'll have to at least give it a try.
I agree completely about 1 and 2 being the best. I hope that's what the 3DS version would be like. I loved the cuss out of those games.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I absolutely adore the original Roller Coaster Tycoon games! I'm quite sad that my computer doesn't seem to be able to run them anymore, though I've heard there's a way to lower the settings on a computer to play older games better; I just haven't figured it out yet.

If they were to stick to the old style, then I might just have my reason to get a 3DS. :D
The Grey Wolverine

Okay guys, lets start a little discussion.
Nuka Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla in Fallout, where do the new bottles of the stuff come from? Sure, in F3 there was a bottling plant, but they were out of regular bottles and Cola seeing as how the tanks had ruptured, you could produce 5 new bottles of Quantum, but the larger bottles would jam the machines. In New Vegas the SS bottling plant had bottle of the stuff, but the presses were mostly dismantled, save one. Also, how do the machines keep getting filled up? Nobody works for either company, but one guy in NV heard it was Ol' Festus, going and filling the machines in hope somebody will claim his prize. Theories?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So I finally beat The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time in my life. Took me long enough!
Dark Ocean

Post by Dark Ocean »

Sleet wrote:So I finally beat The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time in my life. Took me long enough!
It is one of the greatest things one can accomplish in life. That, and becoming president.
Nihil novi sub sole
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Can the president save Hyrule from Ganondorf? I don't think so.
The Grey Wolverine

I AM President, I have and always will, beat Zelda games!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Heh! I got Solatorobo!
Nice game... but in french (meh!)
Though admittedly it is funny to hear Red say "Nom de chien!"
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
Dark Ocean

Post by Dark Ocean »

Hot diggidy doodle, I got Minecraft an hour ago. It still doesn't say I have premium, but I'll give it a day before I reach for support.
I'M JUST SO EXCITED!
Nihil novi sub sole
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Okay, here's my most recent situation on videogames:

A few weeks ago, I was torn between getting a 360 or a PS3. (As a lot of you know from the topic I posted.) I made a decision in the discussion in that topic to buy a Playstation, and was going to roll with that. However, a little while later, Gamestop started getting in refurb 360's that were really cheap (129 for 360's with wired controllers, 149 for 360 with wireless controllers) I did some more research on which console was better, etc... and came to the conclusion that it really comes down to personal opinion, and what games you want, because both consoles are about the same when you weigh out the amount of features they both have. So, I decided to go ahead and get one of the refurbished 360's for 149 dollars and call it a day.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

excellent choice

PS3's are impressive but Xbox's are good enough that there isn't really a reason to spend more to get a ps3.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just look at whatever games you want. I wouldn't bother paying more for a PS3 unless it has enough games that the Xbox 360 doesn't that you want.
FlintTheSquirrel

I personally like the PS3 because most of the games I want on the Xbox also are on the PS3 as well. Maybe my preference is because I tend to think of the Xbox to be a bang-bang and sport console. In any case, Trophevables > Achievables! (Dun worry, I am being sarcastic) ^^;
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I got my PS3 in a Black Friday sale, so I didn't have to pay more to get it. :p
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Okay guys, lets start a little discussion.
Nuka Cola and Sunset Sarsaparilla in Fallout, where do the new bottles of the stuff come from? Sure, in F3 there was a bottling plant, but they were out of regular bottles and Cola seeing as how the tanks had ruptured, you could produce 5 new bottles of Quantum, but the larger bottles would jam the machines. In New Vegas the SS bottling plant had bottle of the stuff, but the presses were mostly dismantled, save one. Also, how do the machines keep getting filled up? Nobody works for either company, but one guy in NV heard it was Ol' Festus, going and filling the machines in hope somebody will claim his prize. Theories?
An army of robots that had been built to go out and supply all the machines. After the bombs dropped they shut down only to reactive years later. Now the two company's have turned to a war like groups and are waging a secret war over the remaining vending machines.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Does anyone have Kinect for 360? I would like to buy it for my xbox, but have never used it.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm sure you can find a store with a demo station. Try a fairly big one like a Best Buy. Smaller stores like GameStop often don't demo Kinect because it takes so much space.